Playing for fun

The main space for TORC-based Lord of the Rings Online Kinship members and aspirants to join, accept applications for membership, gather, speak, sing, loot, make decisions, and generally take themselves too seriously.

Playing for fun

Postby kilderkin » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:44 am

I do not like being scolded in the game. It happened to me once before, and it really irked me. I play this game for fun, and getting yelled at is not fun. Last night it happened again, but this time from a kinsman. The details of the incident are not important, but I ended up making a short angry outburst on kin chat.

I apologize for that outburst.

I tend to blow things out of proportion. What I call scolding might not be what someone else calls scolding. And of course a tiny chat window is hardly the most efficient medium for conveying non-verbal social cues. So it could have been just a misunderstanding.

But regardless, I was still criticized for making mistakes.

I am not a perfect player. I mess up. I make mistakes. I can't kite and fight and type in chat and watch a dozen different stats and pay attention to every nuance of a rapidly shifting situation all at the same time. So please be patient with my failings.
kilderkin
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Athelian » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:29 pm

Kilder, send me a tell ingame if you wish to discuss this with me.
Athelian
Rider of the Mark

Return to Servants of the Secret Fire: Lord of the Rings Online Kinship