Instance Finder

The main space for TORC-based Lord of the Rings Online Kinship members and aspirants to join, accept applications for membership, gather, speak, sing, loot, make decisions, and generally take themselves too seriously.

Instance Finder

Postby kilderkin » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:37 pm

So why call it an "instance finder" when it doesn't actually find instances? On the LOTRO forums it seems half the people are complaining that the instances are random, and the other half complaining about people dropping the instances because they are random.

I can't fathom what Turbine is thinking. Is there really a demand for random instances?
kilderkin
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Tule » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:40 pm

I think there are definitely plans to update it in the future. The question is why release it now?

I think there is a group of people that don't care which skirmish they run so the tool could be useful for that. Overall it may have more problems than it's worth though. Thus the "bribe" to get people to use it.

Apparently warcraft has something similar, but it also has cross-server groups. Few players here like that idea though and the devs didn't seem so fond of it either.
Tule
Shield Bearer

Postby Athelian » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:13 pm

Yes as odd as it seems, there are people out there who just want to run instances and skirmishes and don't care who they group with or what instance they run. It might be more popular on servers other than Landroval. I'm just hoping they don't turn it into a cross server thing. As for me, I won't be using it.
Athelian
Rider of the Mark

Postby Athelian » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:13 pm

duplicate! :bang:
Athelian
Rider of the Mark

Return to Servants of the Secret Fire: Lord of the Rings Online Kinship