REGISTER HERE: Servants of the Secret Fire Roster thread

The main space for TORC-based Lord of the Rings Online Kinship members and aspirants to join, accept applications for membership, gather, speak, sing, loot, make decisions, and generally take themselves too seriously.

Postby motorwife » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:44 am

I see I forgot to welcome Haloran also. WELCOME HALORAN !

I'm relieved I didn't see Boffo in his Elven helm. I would have fainted dead away with the grandeur of it.

*note to self...remember to faint when next encountering Boffo in his Elven helm.*
motorwife
Rider of the Mark

Postby Gandalf'sMother » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:46 pm

A warm welcome to both Mirgulith and Halaron! Halaron I recruited personally, and as such, I would like to express what a loyal and dependable chap he is! He proved remarkably resolute in his most patient dealings with Old_Tom (Curulinde in game), who had much difficulty making his way out of a paper bag!

The kinship is growing and it is growing splendidly!

Kind regards,
Chief Boffo Bolger
P.S. In actuality, Curulinde got stuck in a horrific portion of the Barrow Downs during a failed instance and didn't know what to do. A frightful incident it was, and I provided absolutely no comfort.
Gandalf'sMother
Ringbearer

Postby Amphiaraus Bis » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:32 am

I rolled a hobbit minstrel last night to go through the starting area with a friend who might want to come over to Landroval to play with us. He's a little intimidated by the RP, but I think he's amenable.

We decided to make hobbits, so we could quest together; I said I was going to do a hunter, and he said he was going to do a champion (not remembering that hobbits can't do that). In character selection I remembered how many requests for minstrels I'd seen, and how much I love my elf minstrel on Windfola, and so made a minstrel. So did he, and we had the greatest fellowship through the whole starting area, dropping the beasties with our little ditties before they even got to us. When we managed to coordinate our piercing cries, it was hilarious.

Band on the run, we call ourselves. :)

Anyway, I'll be asking for a kniship invite for Ferlingar, my hobbit minstrel, sometime soon!
Amphiaraus Bis
Shield Bearer

Postby Dwin » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:33 pm

If there is room for a hobbit minstrel in your fine group, please consider Podrig for admittance. Podrig is an explorer, but having just got started, he is willing to switch vocations if anything is needed to help his friends. Also, I might invite a friend of my aunt's cousin (alt. character) if another class is needed instead of minstrel.
Dwin
Shield Bearer

Postby Old_Tom_Bombadil » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:50 pm

Welcome, Dwin!

Dwin wrote:Also, I might invite a friend of my aunt's cousin (alt. character) if another class is needed instead of minstrel.

Once removed on your father's side, and twice on your mother's? :D

Gandalf'sMother wrote:P.S. In actuality, Curulinde got stuck in a horrific portion of the Barrow Downs during a failed instance and didn't know what to do. A frightful incident it was, and I provided absolutely no comfort.

Actually, the Downs weren't so horrific because no ghoulies (or big bad dogs) were spawning I could run all over and take screenshots! (Can anybody decipher weird runes inscribed on standing stones?) However, like in a bad Star Trek:TOS episode the Downs were surrounded by some sort of weird force field that would not let me escape. I asked Scotty to beam me up, but that didn't work. Then I remembered I was in Middle-earth so I sang the song that Old Tom taught to the hobbits:

Ho! Tom Bombadil! Tom Bombadillo!
By water, wood and hill by the reed and willow,
By fire, sun and moon harken now and hear us,
Come, Tom Bombadil, for our need is near us!

Alas, Tom did not come. (I think that song must only work for Hobbits.) Anyway, I decided that since my fellows had failed the quest , it was up to me to try to go it alone. Four very well-armed Dourhand Dwarves dwelling in the barrow had a different idea, however. (As I more than suspected.) Anyway, that was one way out of the instance, even if not the one I preferred. :wink:
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Ranger of the North

Postby Dwin » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:34 pm

Dwin wrote:If there is room for a hobbit minstrel in your fine group, please consider Podrig for admittance. Podrig is an explorer, but having just got started, he is willing to switch vocations if anything is needed to help his friends. Also, I might invite a friend of my aunt's cousin (alt. character) if another class is needed instead of minstrel.

The friend's name is Geofram, and he is a captain. I just rolled him so he is in the new area. I plan on playing with both of these on the Landroval server.
Dwin
Shield Bearer

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:57 am

Hail Dwin! Its a pleasure to meet you. :) Check in on the Crafting thread and let us know what you would like to do. :)

Tom, if you are stuck in an instance or anywhere for that matter, you can always use your map home to get out. It can be a life saver. ;)
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby |Anathema| » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:35 pm

Alright. Here it is. I've finally registered with the site.

|Anathema|: Thrindi: Dwarf: Guardian: Metalsmith:
|Anathema|: Landibras: Hobbit: Minstrel: Explorer:
|Anathema|: Linferoth: Sindar: Hunter: Forester:
|Anathema|: Elrohad: Man: Captain: Weaponsmith:

As far as times of avalability, it's pretty random.

It's nice to meet you all. Again. >.>
|Anathema|
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Amphiaraus Bis » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:25 pm

Welcome, Anathema (kind of a strange thing to say!)! I put Thrindi in boldface, as your presumptive main, but let me know if he's not!
Amphiaraus Bis
Shield Bearer

Postby Old_Tom_Bombadil » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:43 pm

Welcome to the boards, Thrindi. Please make your way to the cyber-meadhall if you haven't already, but please leave a few kegs for the rest of us. :wink:
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Ranger of the North

Postby motorwife » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:47 pm

Welcome to all of our new members. We hope you enjoy it here.

Athelian
motorwife
Rider of the Mark

Postby Dwin » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:02 am

Dwin wrote:
Dwin wrote:If there is room for a hobbit minstrel in your fine group, please consider Podrig for admittance. Podrig is an explorer, but having just got started, he is willing to switch vocations if anything is needed to help his friends. Also, I might invite a friend of my aunt's cousin (alt. character) if another class is needed instead of minstrel.

The friend's name is Geofram, and he is a captain. I just rolled him so he is in the new area. I plan on playing with both of these on the Landroval server.

After getting word that there is adventure to be had and fortune to be made, I have decided to temporarily put down the beer and set forth once again. I have ventured from my home and now stand at the foot of mighty Thorin's Hall! I am on my way to Bree, from where I have received word that there is trouble brewing.

-Dwin (hunter level 5, for SoSF fellowship night)
Dwin
Shield Bearer

Postby motorwife » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:54 am

Dwin,

There is indeed trouble brewing in Bree. A fine hunter such as yourself would be most useful there. Make haste ! (but have one more brew for the road)

Athelian
motorwife
Rider of the Mark

Postby Volund Starfire » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:56 pm

Volund Starfire: Volund: Man: Captain: 13: Historian: Every day* 1700-2000

I no longer have Vollund, and Volund is my main and in the Kinship. Special times are also available such as Sunday, Monday, Friday, and Saturday between the hours of 0930-1430 as well as the above listed times.
Volund Starfire

Re: REGISTER HERE: Servants of the Secret Fire Roster thread

Postby Old_Tom_Bombadil » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:44 pm

Amphiaraus Bis wrote:Old_Tom_Bombadil: Curulinde: Elf: Minstrel: 9 : Tinker : Mon-Fri 10:30 PM - 1 AM Eastern/Weekends (various)
Old_Tom_Bombadil: Luindir : Elf: Guardian : 6 : Armsman : Mon-Fri 10:30 PM - 1 AM Eastern/Weekends (various)

Please add:
Galengast: Man : Loremaster: 5 : No craft atm : same hours as others

Curulinde is now level 16.
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Ranger of the North

Postby Jorane » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:42 am

Odd - I tried to post my information, and it told me I'd used a forbidden word. :(

Anyway, hello everyone. Hopefully a moderator will approve my seemingly innocuous, but apparently forbidden post. :P
Jorane

Postby motorwife » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:55 am

Welcome Jorane ! I'm so glad you decided to join us and I hope you find this kinship to be a good home for you.

When my husband first registered here and tried to post, it also held his post for several days, saying he had used a forbidden word. It might just be a glitch or something because his post eventually showed up.
motorwife
Rider of the Mark

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:39 am

Welcome Anathema, Volund, and Jorane. :) Glad to have you among us.
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby Dwin » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:56 pm

Welcome, everyone! If you could just update the roster. Dwin is a dwarf hunter and will be my character for fellowship nights. He does not have a craft yet. Geoffram will be my other main character for this server. If I can't get things fixed on Windfola (mine tracking), these might be my 2 main characters overall instead of over there.
Dwin
Shield Bearer

Postby Amphiaraus Bis » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:08 pm

Thanks for the updates, everyone. I also put "D"s after the names of the characters I think are going to be questing with the Dreadnoughts.
Amphiaraus Bis
Shield Bearer

Postby motorwife » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:13 pm

I'd like to quest with you guys ! As soon as I can log in again, of course.

I don't want to have a secondary character because I'm just not interested in keeping track of more than one. Maybe some months down the line, I might, but not now. I don't mind doing repeat quests or even following along and helping out without having the quest. I'm playing because I like the camaraderie.

Athelian
motorwife
Rider of the Mark

Postby Amphiaraus Bis » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:22 pm

There's your D! (It should have been there before--'twas an oversight!)
Amphiaraus Bis
Shield Bearer

Postby Old_Tom_Bombadil » Wed May 02, 2007 12:48 am

You may scratch Luindir the Elven Guardian. I deleted him to make a Dwarven Champion, but then decided to take the chance with Galengast cancelling his epic for the Dwarf Epic. It worked. :)
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Ranger of the North

Postby Gandalf'sMother » Wed May 02, 2007 2:14 pm

Tom,

This means Curulinde is back as well, correct? :)

-Boffo
Gandalf'sMother
Ringbearer

Postby Old_Tom_Bombadil » Wed May 02, 2007 4:03 pm

Not yet. I'm going to play things by ear for a week or two. Jumping back and forth between guilds/kinships is a good way to sour one's reputation, and I want to at least give BoA (not a financial institution) a chance.
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Ranger of the North

Postby Amphiaraus Bis » Wed May 02, 2007 5:20 pm

I don't see that there's any problem with a person being in more than one kinship--it's not really different from being on more than one server.
Amphiaraus Bis
Shield Bearer

Postby Gandalf'sMother » Wed May 02, 2007 6:09 pm

Good point, but I like the Curulinde character.....Developed a fondness for his tendency to burst into song during dangerous situations....

-Boffo
Gandalf'sMother
Ringbearer

Postby Old_Tom_Bombadil » Wed May 02, 2007 8:05 pm

Yeah, you have to like someone who goes down singing. :D
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Ranger of the North

Postby Amphiaraus Bis » Thu May 03, 2007 5:08 am

Meet Finduilion!!! He has the same strange psychological disorder as Curulinde. :D
Amphiaraus Bis
Shield Bearer

Postby motorwife » Thu May 03, 2007 8:26 am

Please add Jenuilas as my alt character...but I'll only be using her for the Dreadnoughts. Elf hunter..no craft...

Athelian
motorwife
Rider of the Mark

PreviousNext

Return to Servants of the Secret Fire: Lord of the Rings Online Kinship