"Servants"--SotSF's Resource Coordination Center

The main space for TORC-based Lord of the Rings Online Kinship members and aspirants to join, accept applications for membership, gather, speak, sing, loot, make decisions, and generally take themselves too seriously.

"Servants"--SotSF's Resource Coordination Center

Postby Nogg » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:26 pm

Hello All!!

I'd like to introduce Servants, our kinship treasure keeper. Servants is maintained by Athelian/Jenuilas.

Servants will function within the Kinship as a "trust fund" for all members. I'm sure we've all come across items in-game which we cannot use, due to being a different class of creature or craftsman, and while we briefly rue how rich/powerful/high-level we could be if we could equip or use said item(s), we end up selling it to a vendor for coppers on the silver, shaking our head in disgust.

Well no more. The primary purpose of Servants is to provide a member-generated/perpetuated vault of "goodies"--be they crafting items, profession items, armour, game gold, or weaponry--by and for SotSF members, solely for their use in furthering their character's stats and levels. Using resources from Servants is completely FREE to our members.

What this means is this: The next time you stumble on something that you know is cool, but you can't use, donate it to the Kinship by sending it to Servants to hold in trust for future use by Kinship members who can use the item. The same thing applies to crafting items and game-gold. By creating our own economic base, our Kinship members will grow and prosper, enhancing our own sense of Community and our overall esprit de corps. In the end, we create a stronger, tighter and long-lived Kinship.

Ye Ol' Finne Printe or,How it Works

1. First, I will say this: We are not in the business taxing or titheing anything from our members who have every right to believe this is a lame idea. PARTICIPATION IS COMPLETELY VOLUNTARY!!

2. If however, you wish to utilize Servants, the only "requirement" is that you, as a member, and on your honor, simply replace the item you are given with an item that would be equally of use to another member at another time, as soon as you are able to do so. It has to work this way, or it will never become a self-perpetuating system, and it will die.

3. If you need something, contact Servants or Athelian. If we have any part of what you need, it will be sent to you by Servants on a first-come, first-served basis. For example: You may need 100 medium hides to level your crafting. We have 73 in the vault. You get all 73.

4. With that in mind, take only what you need. If you need 73 hides, please don't say you need 100. Leave what's left for another member to use.

With that, I hereby declare Servants open for business. Send him your stuff, safe in the knowledge that someday you'll get stuff back!
Last edited by Nogg on Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:02 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Nogg
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Gandalf'sMother » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:28 pm

Thank you Nogg! A very chic purse you've got there!

I am assuming that Servants is parked in Bree next to the Vault, so that overflow can be stored there as well?

I might also suggest that a sub-vault within the vault (sort of a savings account) be set aside for kinship "prizes," to be reserved for special contests and events. I'd also call this thread "The Kinship Treasury Vault" so visitors will know exactly what it is the Resource Coordination Center provides. But enough of my inane criticisms, a kinship fund is born! Now all we need to do is make sure we don't run a deficit..............

Nogg and Athelian, who will be the main points of contact for any Treasury Vault inquiries, are trusted and loyal friends of the Chief and kinship, and we should all afford them the respect they deserve. Cheers to our new Treasurers, and cheers to the Servants, for establishing its first pot of money!
Last edited by Gandalf'sMother on Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gandalf'sMother
Ringbearer

Postby jaix » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:53 am

Excellent work Nogg! I like this idea a LOT! And Boffo's idea of a Treasury vault for prizes is an awesome addition as well. I used up quite a bit of bag and vault space over the week before that race and it caused no end of frustration.
jaix
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Athelian » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:54 am

If I notice something has been stored a long time (and therefore taking up valuable limited vault space) and no one has shown any interest in it I will attempt to auction it or vendor it and put the cash back into the Treasury.
Last edited by Athelian on Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Athelian
Rider of the Mark

Postby Gandalf'sMother » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:51 am

We should also discuss the possibility of "lending" gold and silver from the Treasury, if someone is in dire need. This would have to operate on an honor system, and as such, "borrowing" would be reserved for members of the kinship whom have proven their fairness and loyalty.
Last edited by Gandalf'sMother on Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gandalf'sMother
Ringbearer

Postby jaix » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:21 am

I have come across an interesting situation that we should probably be aware of:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=84664

Though they were (allegedly) raising their money for their kinship hall (something we should look into, maybe?), the technique being used is relatively close. Let's hope they work out his kink in their system :(
jaix
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Gandalf'sMother » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:23 am

Jaix,

Thanks for the heads up. I have spoken with Turbine, and the message was that this can be avoided as long as everyone donating to our vault does NOT, ever, purchase gold from 3rd parties. In the case in question, it is highly probable that someone in their kinship either directly or indirectly donated gold that was obtained through a third party - i.e an illegal gold-selling service.

Turbine is now aware of our own plans to raise money, and as such, I have been assured that we have little to worry about.
Last edited by Gandalf'sMother on Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gandalf'sMother
Ringbearer

Postby Athelian » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:27 pm

Perhaps we should limit cash donations until we know for sure what Turbine plans on doing in situations such as this?

I would hope that no one in our kinship would buy gold from a gold seller but you never know.
Last edited by Athelian on Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Athelian
Rider of the Mark

Postby jaix » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:27 pm

Thanks for the info. I also contacted Turbine and received relatively the same assurances. They declined to comment on that particular case, but said that generally, those cases are caused by someone purchasing gold and transferring it to the kinship treasurer. I think he'll get his account back, but I think his kinship had better sit down and have a discussion with its members about purchasing gold :|
jaix
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Gandalf'sMother » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:43 pm

Ath,

Don't worry, jaix and I have spoken with Turbine and Noggie-poo will be fine. :)
Last edited by Gandalf'sMother on Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gandalf'sMother
Ringbearer

Postby Nogg » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:37 pm

"Noggie-poo"? I think I'm insulted. Not sure tho....lemme get back to you.
Nogg
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Nogg » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:02 pm

Bump.
Nogg
Citizen of Imladris

Postby jaix » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:22 pm

Prepare for a large influx of scrolls and potions as I start the Scholar grind again! :bookworm:
jaix
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Nogg » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:24 pm

Wo0t!
Nogg
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Gandalf'sMother » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:14 am

Potions! I'm always running out of those. Also, I always forget to have food in my bags. Is there anyway we can stock a pantry in Servant's head?
Last edited by Gandalf'sMother on Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gandalf'sMother
Ringbearer

Postby Athelian » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:05 pm

I'm a cook. I can stock it.
Athelian
Rider of the Mark

Postby Athelian » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:13 am

Bumping to remind everyone of this excellent resource available to the kinship.

If you are starting your higher level class quests, check the vault first as there are some items in there that will save you a good deal of grinding time.

There are also health potions, crafting scrolls for buffing up your crit chance, and recipes. I'm going to also be stocking the vault with stacks of food for those critical health buffs.
Athelian
Rider of the Mark

Postby Gandalf'sMother » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:40 pm

Thanks Ath!

Also, in preparation for kinship housing (which Tubine assures us is on the horizon and is expected to be expensive), we welcome any small donations/ spare change, which you can mail directly to "Servants".
Gandalf'sMother
Ringbearer

Postby Gandalf'sMother » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:34 am

I'm resurrecting this thread. Could be useful. Any updates, Ath or Nogg?

-Boffo
Gandalf'sMother
Ringbearer

Postby Athelian » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:25 pm

He also has an extensive collection of the level 45 class quest items, so before purchasing from the auction house or visiting the lovely Carn Dum or Urugarth, check with him. This also applies to many of the gathering items that are tradeable.

Anyone who is feeling rich and generous can click on the housing tab in their character panel and pay the kinship house upkeep for the week. I like to always keep it paid six weeks in advance.

And always, if you need something, just ask! You never know what donated items Servants may have in his inventory. And if it is a dire need, he will do his best to get it for you.
Last edited by Athelian on Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Athelian
Rider of the Mark

Postby Athelian » Mon May 23, 2011 2:11 pm

Before purchasing or grinding for any level 45 class quests items, check the chest in Boffo's house (right next to the neighborhood entrance). If you don't see what you need in there, ask me and I'll see if I have anything stashed elsewhere.
Athelian
Rider of the Mark

Postby frogsinmyhair » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:26 pm

As I only dig the stuff out of the ground and don't craft it, I'm not sure what resources people need.

I'm up to the third tier of resource gathering. I auction the stuff normally, but I think I have too much money already (atleast I haven't found much to spend it on yet).

Does anyone need ingots, wood, leather or the critical success ingredients?
frogsinmyhair
Petitioner to the Council

Postby kilderkin » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:44 pm

"Legendary books and pages"? What is this? You mean I don't have to grind out mobs in Angmar and Eregion to get them? If so, then Muleskinner can certainly use some!

(My fuzzy brain does not recall these pages being drop items)
kilderkin
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Athelian » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:32 pm

Kilderkin... the legendary pages, once upon a time, were not bind on acquire and could be traded freely. Alas, it is no longer so.

Frogsinmyhair... you are welcome to donate any excess materials to the kinship either by mailing to Servants or putting them directly in the chests in the kinhouse.
Athelian
Rider of the Mark

Return to Servants of the Secret Fire: Lord of the Rings Online Kinship