Comments/Requests/Grievances thread. Its your right!

The main space for TORC-based Lord of the Rings Online Kinship members and aspirants to join, accept applications for membership, gather, speak, sing, loot, make decisions, and generally take themselves too seriously.

Comments/Requests/Grievances thread. Its your right!

Postby Gandalf'sMother » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:20 pm

Amendment II of the Kinship Constitution enshrines the belief that kin members should be listened to by the kinship's leadership, and that the kinship leadership should respond to the concerns of kin members. This thread should be used for that purpose. Positive, negative, ridiculous, serious, and constructive comments/ requests, are all welcome here.

The following is the full amendment, taken from the Constitution which can be found on our main page: www.theonering.com/kinship

AMENDMENT II. The Right of kinship members to petition the Kinship Government for a redress of grievances:

A. Minor grievances: Kin members have the right to register their minor grievances, and have those grievances responded to in due course. Kin members may ask any kinship leader or Council member closest to the issue at hand for a response. If an immediate solution is not at hand, The Chief Council Servant of the Flame Imperishable is ultimately responsible for these petitions, yet they can be transmitted to him through either one of the Council of 7, or any other kinship leader. In such instances, grievances should always be addressed to the Chief Council Servant of the Flame Imperishable (currently Athelian). If a response is deemed unsatisfactory, a kin member may petition the Chief and Founder of the Kinship directly (currently Boffo).

B. Major grievances: If it is found that the Kinship Chief, the Council of Elder Servants of the Flame Imperishable, the Elite Guard of the Flame Imperishable, or any of the kinship's leaders, are causing considerable harm to the health and well-being of the greater kinship (through either their neglect or their actions), kinmembers have the explicit right to demand a redress of said grievances. A simple majority of kinmembers expressing such discontent is needed to require the kinship's government to convene and take appropriate action. In such an event, a "leader" of the majority would be appointed as the majority's representative, and would, if so requested, be appointed as the permanent Ombudsman (or watchdog) of the kinship government. December 18, 2007

This thread will serve as a register for any comments, requests, demands or grievances.
Last edited by Gandalf'sMother on Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gandalf'sMother
Ringbearer

Postby Athelian » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:45 am

You know what's great about this thread? After all this time, it's still empty.
Athelian
Rider of the Mark

Postby Gandalf'sMother » Mon May 31, 2010 12:10 pm

Athelian wrote:You know what's great about this thread? After all this time, it's still empty.

Ath, you ruined it!

-GM
Gandalf'sMother
Ringbearer

Postby Rorgloin » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:09 pm

Major Grievance (B):

Rorgloin and Company curteously files the following complaint:

The Northern High Pass is blocked by a small pile of boulders; this extremely malicious pile of stones has foiled an absurd number of Rorgloin and Company's attempted journeys to The Lonely Mountain. Rorgloin and Company demands that the honourable, exalted, and benevolent Proudbottom lay down his government over Arda to request divine intervention on the part of Eru: THESE STONES MUST BE MOVED. . . if only for the high pass to terminate in a snowfall another half mile north east, in a manner similar to the Redhorn Pass. . .
These boulders have broken dwarven law of Erebor Burk 4 Subsection Zigil 3 and must hereby be annihilated by (impending) imperial mandate of King under the Mountain Dain Ironfoot II.

I rest my case.

Brynje with a shovel would work too.

P.S. I learned how to bold and use itallics on a forum! Yipee!
Rorgloin
Shield Bearer

Postby Gandalf'sMother » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:21 am

Dear Rorgloin,

Thank your for your petition. I have placed a request with Eru. We have received an auto reply which states that He will get back to us as soon as possible.
Last edited by Gandalf'sMother on Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gandalf'sMother
Ringbearer

Postby Rorgloin » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:18 pm

I noticed that Nogg was said to have known a dwarf who knew a dwarf who knew etc. who had been slapped by THRAIN II King Under the Mountain in the story of our founding. Thrain II was never King under the Mountain; I believe you meant Thror, though this would make Nogg at least 250 years gold (Ror's age). NOTE: Thrain II WAS King of Durin's Folk, just not Lonely Mountain.

I also noticed that the text still mentions the heretical PANCAKE. Should this not be ammended to the Chocolate Lava Cake of truth?

EDIT:

Having just completed Mr. Baggins, volume I of The History of The Hobbit, I must now make known the terrible truth regarding the paternal ancestry of Thorin Oakenshield: Professor Tolkien GOOFED!

Initially (and by initially I mean AFTER the Gandalf-Thorin name change) Thror was the King Under the Mountain, with Thror as his son and Thorin as his Grandson. However, Beorn erroneously refered to Thror as Thorin's father and Thrain as Thorin's grandfather at one place in the book. Tolkien changed every other mention in the book to match this but later thought the better of it and returned to the Thror - Thrain - Thorin descent.

He missed two things however:

The Arkenstone of THRAIN

The Map of Lonely Mountain's text stating: "Here of old was Thrain King Under the Mountain"

He later solved this problem by creating "Thrain the old" who came to Lonely Mountain ere Thror, rendering Thrain son of Thror the second of that line to bear the name Thrain.
Rorgloin
Shield Bearer

Return to Servants of the Secret Fire: Lord of the Rings Online Kinship