Application: FOR ANYONE ASPIRING TO BE A SERVANT OF THE FIRE

The main space for TORC-based Lord of the Rings Online Kinship members and aspirants to join, accept applications for membership, gather, speak, sing, loot, make decisions, and generally take themselves too seriously.

Application: FOR ANYONE ASPIRING TO BE A SERVANT OF THE FIRE

Postby Gandalf'sMother » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:12 am

One brief paragraph describing your interest in joining the Servants, plus the name of your main character and/or alts will suffice. One of our Council-members will then conduct a brief in-game interview. If you do not hear from one of us while you are online, you should contact us in-game. Look for:

Boffo
Athelian
Jenuilas
Nogg
Adrien
Nogg
Portebras
Tule
Pachacamac
Rorgloin
Servants

If none of these gentlemen and/or gentlewomen are available, feel free to contact someone from our roster, which you will find if you scroll down to the bottom of the main page at www.theonering.com/kinship
Last edited by Gandalf'sMother on Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:34 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Gandalf'sMother
Ringbearer

Postby trazy » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:30 am

On Quinces

As an expert on the often forgotten quince, my marmalade, jam, and jelly-making skills are unthinkable. An apple pie is alright, but throw some quince in and you have a work of epicurean art. Don't even ask me about quince ale, unless you have an hour or two free.

I think that I would be a fine addition to your party. I'm not sure the sentiment would be reciprocal, so please feel free to contact me about my curriculum vitae and/or pedigree.

I go by Trazo sometimes. At other times I am called Trazveleg, Trazi and Trazras.

Cheers!
trazy
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Gandalf'sMother » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:29 pm

Traz,

Feel free to contact in-game:

Everfast
Belladonna
Boffo
Athelian
Nogg
Adrien
Jaixiel
Pachacamac

There is also a fuller list at www.theonering.com/kinship

Just scroll down to the bottom.
Last edited by Gandalf'sMother on Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gandalf'sMother
Ringbearer

Postby Athelian » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:55 am

I love quince! The fragrance is like nothing else.
Athelian
Rider of the Mark

Postby Old_Tom_Bombadil » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:52 pm

trazy wrote:Don't even ask me about quince ale, unless you have an hour or two free.

Reminds me of Meriadoc Brandybuck pontificating on pipeweed. You're not a Brandybuck by any chance are you? :wink:
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Ranger of the North

Postby trazy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:49 am

I work in academia, so I tend to pontificate a little too much :wink:

I was on briefly last eve and sent a few tells to no avail. I'll try again later tonight.

Cheers,

- Trazo Hopslam
trazy

Postby Gandalf'sMother » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:31 am

Trazy,

I work in academia

Out of curiosity, where and in what field?
Last edited by Gandalf'sMother on Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gandalf'sMother
Ringbearer

Postby Athelian » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:17 pm

Your best bet to get ahold of someone is Everfast/Belladonna/Satori (all the same person).

He's our recruiting expert.
Athelian
Rider of the Mark

Postby trazy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:34 pm

Gandalf'sMother wrote:Trazy,

Out of curiosity, where and in what field?

Minnesota. I'm a scientist working in the field of biological imaging and microscopy. Basically, I'm a paparazzo of cells.
trazy

Postby trazy » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:37 pm

So, I was able to reach Satori, whom graciously prioritized my queries above that of his fellowship's health.

Trazo, quincemaster, has agreed to the rules as set forth by the council, and is looking forward to meeting all of you. Trazo is a level 23 Hobbit burglar with a disdain for improper grammar, and whom likes to make fun of the names of kinships.

I do have three other alts that I will be spreading my time between: Trazveleg- 39 hunter, GM cook; Trazi - 23 Dwarf Guardian; and Trazras - 23 Elf Champion.

Cheers!
trazy

Postby Old_Tom_Bombadil » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:03 pm

trazy wrote:I work in academia, so I tend to pontificate a little too much :wink:

I also tend to pontificate too much only on the subject of badgers. I wonder if badgers enjoy eating quinces?

Old_Tom_Bombadil
Ranger of the North

Postby trazy » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:07 pm

Old_Tom_Bombadil wrote:
trazy wrote:I work in academia, so I tend to pontificate a little too much :wink:

I also tend to pontificate too much only on the subject of badgers. I wonder if badgers enjoy eating quinces?

Aren't there some mad badgers in Archet? We could set up some quince-traps and find out.
trazy

Postby Old_Tom_Bombadil » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:43 pm

I abhor badger-baiting and, therefore, avoid it at all costs. Better to invite them to tea. (I'll be sure to keep my bright blue jacket well hidden. I KNOW they like that!)
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Ranger of the North

Postby trazy » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:47 pm

I see now why you don't badger-bait. Thought I'd try a little experiment...

The subject:

I reach down to offer 'im a quince

After one bite o' the quince, the badger mounts a frenzied attack!

I was able to stun 'im with my club, and escape relatively unscathed.
trazy

Postby Gandalf'sMother » Fri May 02, 2008 4:30 pm

Bump!
Gandalf'sMother
Ringbearer

Postby LOTRfreak93 » Sun May 04, 2008 1:09 pm

Hello there! I am interested in joining this kinship because you guys seem like you have a lot to offer to its members. I am a RPer(medium-heavy) and am searching for a nice RP kin as well. This kinship seems like it has fun members who will be fun to get to know.

My characters' names are as followed(if you allow alts, I wanted to apply all my characters to this kinship):

Crodoe Baggons- Hobbit Burglar(Explorer)
Croedo Baggons- Hobbit Minstrel(Yeoman)
Crogard Baggons- Hobbit Hunter(Wooodsman)
Aegarandir- Man Captain(Armsman)
Grumlin- Dwarf Guardian(Armorer)

That is it and I hope to hear from some of you in-game!
LOTRfreak93

Postby Gandalf'sMother » Mon May 05, 2008 6:42 am

Crodoe,

Check your mail!
Last edited by Gandalf'sMother on Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gandalf'sMother
Ringbearer

Postby dreamfordaylight » Sun May 11, 2008 1:27 pm

Greetings! After grouping with one of your members today, Anieth, I decided I would love to spend my return to Middle-Earth with you fine bunch of folks. I am interested in sporadic RP, grouping, and enjoying all the game has to offer. I plan on subscribing at the end of this welcome back weekend. My main character is Raafe, a champion. I have some other alts that I have forgotten how to play since my initial stint in LotRO. I look forward to hearing from someone later. Mae govannen
dreamfordaylight

Postby Athelian » Mon May 12, 2008 11:16 am

And greetings to you! Look for Everfast, Boffo or Athelian ingame when your subscription is active.

May the hair on your toes never fall out! That is, unless you're an elf, in which case you'd probably be mortified at the thought of hair on your toes.
Athelian
Rider of the Mark

Postby dreamfordaylight » Tue May 13, 2008 8:54 pm

my account is resubbed, so I look forward to seeing you all soon!
dreamfordaylight

Postby Gandalf'sMother » Wed May 14, 2008 6:56 am

dream,

Welcome! If you do not see players mentioned above, you may also contact Tule, Emondir, Pachacamac or Nogg.
Last edited by Gandalf'sMother on Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gandalf'sMother
Ringbearer

A grizzled old dwarf humbly petitions the servants...

Postby Ulfi Stonefoot » Fri May 16, 2008 4:03 pm

Hallo! My name is Ulfi Stonefoot, first of the white mountains, late of the iron hills and quite late of Thorin's Hall. I am a hale and hardy 210 year old dwarven guardian searching for a fine group of fellows with which to crush the rising evil in the lands. My sons and grandsons think me mad to come out of my comfortable retirement to once more do battle. But to them I say, what good am I sitting in and smithing all day when there are goblin skulls about in need of cracking! Eh? They fear for my safety but they forget I am a veteran of the battle of five armies and served with honour in the guard of Thorin's Halls. I may be old and my eyesight is not what it was but if you point me in the right direction, I can hit 'em nine times out of ten! So if you could find your way to givin' an old man a second chance at glory... well, all the more honour to you and your families. With sincere regards and hope for your health, Ulfi Stonefoot Guardian 15, Defender of the Halls, Swig and Toss champion 5 years running with the Retired Veterans Of Goblin Wars Swig and Toss League, The Troll's Head Tavern, Thorin's Hall.
Ulfi Stonefoot
Shield Bearer

Postby Gandalf'sMother » Sat May 17, 2008 6:10 am

Hail Master Ulfi!

Contact Athelian, Jenuilas, Everfast, Tule, Emondir, Pachacamac or Nogg in game, and we will have a chat.
Last edited by Gandalf'sMother on Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gandalf'sMother
Ringbearer

Applying away

Postby Kawe Finrodfin » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:20 pm

Hello everyone. After meeting and having a blast with several Servants in my travels, I finally decided to try to join up. I rp occasionally, though most of the time I just tend to try to have fun. The best part about LOTRO is the challenge, so I don't get too upset when there are towering roadblocks or Nazghul in the way; that's what makes the game so fun. I'm a pretty relaxed player and log in a few times a week when I have classes or a heavy work schedule, and maybe once a day when things are relaxed.

I really want to join an organization where members are willing to help each other out when they need it. That's what it's all about, I guess. My characters are:

Kawe, elf champion and armsman
Kordrim, dwarf minstrel and scholar
Varokir, captain of men and unemployed

Hope you find this info helpful. See you in game.
Kawe Finrodfin

Postby Athelian » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:44 pm

Suilad Kawe!

Be sure and look for someone ingame to send you a kinship invitation (if you haven't received one yet). There are a list of names in the post above.
Athelian
Rider of the Mark

Postby Gandalf'sMother » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:59 am

bump
Gandalf'sMother
Ringbearer

Postby Freahelm » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:59 pm

My wife and I both play, although we started on Meneldor before we know all the cool people were on Landroval.

We both have a few low level characters on Landroval now. If you see Hyldan or Thorontin running around in the game, that's me, and I wanna join in the fun on Landroval. Whoo!
Freahelm
Rider of the Mark

Postby Athelian » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:47 pm

Mae Govannen!

Look for Athelian, Jenuilas, Pachacamac, Tule, Boffo, Adrien, Everfast for an invite. Or look for any member of our kinship who is ingame and send them a tell. They can direct you!
Athelian
Rider of the Mark

Postby Hawkwing » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:13 am

Greetings,

I am Tanreall of Bree-land, a simple weaponsmith seeking greater adventures in life. I recently read your recruitment post on the realm kinship forums, and I think your kinship may provide the friendly, respectful environment with a splash of ridiculous indignation. I am also very interested in lore, and respect the lore of different fantasies worlds. I consider myself knowledgeable (though far from complete) in Tolkien lore. My previous gaming experience includes WoW, but I am becoming increasingly disillusioned with the marginalization of lore in the game. I recently bought a computer that can run LOTRO, and started a Champion last night (and grouped with a Servant to kill the spider under Sprigley's cellar!). I really like LOTRO, and hope to share many fun adventures and build friendships in Middle-Earth. I am also interested in some light RP.

I look forward to hearing from you guys. Please feel free to ask more about me if you like.

Tanreall
Hawkwing

Postby Athelian » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:56 am

Mae govannen Tanreall! You are most welcome to join the Servants of the Secret Fire. I will look for you ingame and send you an invitation.

In the meantime, our message board has a wealth of information about the kinship. And you probably should begin an intense study program in order to be prepared for Chief Boffo's All Emcompassing Tolkien Lore Test. Or simply run the other way when you see him. That works just as well. He'll become confused and distracted and forget about the whole thing.

Athelian/Jenuilas
Athelian
Rider of the Mark

Next

Return to Servants of the Secret Fire: Lord of the Rings Online Kinship