Application: FOR ANYONE ASPIRING TO BE A SERVANT OF THE FIRE

The main space for TORC-based Lord of the Rings Online Kinship members and aspirants to join, accept applications for membership, gather, speak, sing, loot, make decisions, and generally take themselves too seriously.

Postby Hawkwing » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:41 pm

Thanks! I'll see you in game.
Hawkwing
Petitioner to the Council

Postby JaiFo » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:37 am

Salutations...

I was but a humble hunter when the "troubles" started. Of late I have come to realize that a solentary life is no way for an explorer to travel in middle earth. My desire is to share what little I've learned through my travels--with others. If you could use yet another hunter in your fold, please feel free to walk with me a while and see if our path joins and travels in the right direction....

Respect and honor

Jai
JaiFo

Postby Athelian » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:55 pm

Mae Govannen JaiFo!

We can definitely use another hunter! What is your ingame name? Send a /tell to Athelian, Jenuilas, Boffo, Astraladan, Ravenwicke, or just about any Servant of the Secret Fire that is logged into the game and we'll make sure you are taken care of.

However, beware the false wannabe kinship that dared to take our sacred name and put a THE in front of it! They are not us! Imposters!
Athelian
Rider of the Mark

Postby JaiFo » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:54 am

er...umm.... Jaifo

I hope to see you there. I'll keep an eye open.

J
JaiFo

Postby Gregori » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:09 pm

Hello friends,
I am Gregori, a human champion weaponsmith. I have quested alone for 65 long levels and now realize that it is time to bocome part of something larger than myself. I have been acused of being a loner and somewhat gruff of nature but that can be explained by the fact that I have pledged my life and my sword to ridding Middle Earth of the Dark Lord and his minions. I am hoping to join a kinship of like-minded souls who's slightly lighter disposition may help to lighten the load of vengence that I carry. I have met several of your members in my travels and have come to enjoy their company, and so I ask respectfully to be considered for membership.

I can also be found in Middle Earth as Gregolas, a level 31 elf hunter or Gregobras, a level 19 hobbit burglar.
Gregori

Postby Athelian » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:53 pm

Greetings and welcome Gregori! No man should be alone so long and you are most welcome to join us!

I didn't see this message until after I signed off the game for the day. I shall look for you tomorrow.

Athelian/Jenuilas/Servants
Athelian
Rider of the Mark

Postby Ely » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:39 pm

Greetings!

I write this and hope it reaches you in time for the darkness seems to surround us all as of late. I am a warden that uses her skills wisely and vows to be a great asset to your cause. I am skilled in making fancy type of attires and keeping those protected who need it. I appreciate the precious things and don't take them for granted. I am but a mystery for now but get to know me and I'll try to open up. I am a warden and vow to use my skills wisely and be a great fighter and adventurer.

Regards,

ElyWyn
Ely

Postby Athelian » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:23 pm

Mae govannen Ely!

I will look for you ingame.

You can also send a tell to Athelian, Jenuilas, Servants, Boffo or any other kinship officer you see signed on.
Athelian
Rider of the Mark

Postby CharKarma » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:31 pm

Ambushing the enemies who have infected these lands is what I do best.
I am a hunter who shoots from far and strikes up close destroying those in my sights. Upon my travels I find sparkling gems and ores I can make into fine jewelery. I would love to help and join you on adventures!

Thanks!

Nannil
CharKarma

Postby Athelian » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:42 am

Hello Nannil!

I will look for you ingame. You can also search for Athelian, Jenuilas, Servants or any other kinship officer that is online at the time.
Athelian
Rider of the Mark

Postby Rorgloin » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:49 pm

Rorgloin Ironshield, at your service.
*bows*
If ever my Company might assist you, please contact me. I shall prepare a contract as soon as possible.
Rorgloin
Shield Bearer

Postby Galdarian » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:25 pm

Hello! I've been looking about a bit for a more active Kinship, and from what I've seen of your board, this looks very pleasant. I'm looking for light-medium RP, possibly heavier RP in the future when I am a bit more comfortable with the setting. The people here seem wonderfully friendly, and as someone who has few friends within this world, being a part of this is a beautiful prospect indeed. My name is Galdalrian, and I can be found at various times through the day and late into the evening. I can't promise to be the most active member, but I am hoping that making friends here will help a bit.
Galdarian

Postby Rorgloin » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:35 pm

You can always find roleplaying with Rorgloin and Company. They are not heroes, but are knowlegable as to the value of money and are decent enough if you do not expect too much.
Rorgloin
Shield Bearer

Postby Athelian » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:51 am

Greetings Galdarian! You are most welcome to join the Servants of the Secret Fire. We are very active and friendly and absolutely bonkers. I'll watch for you ingame on Friday.

Athelian/Jenuilas/Servants
Athelian
Rider of the Mark

Postby Athelian » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:06 am

I've put Galdalrian on my friends list and will watch for you ingame.
Athelian
Rider of the Mark

Postby Hesteth » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:02 pm

Hello, Hopefully New Friends!

I am called Hesteth of Gondor, level 22 Captain and weaponsmith of much renown! ... In Bree-land, at least. Having taken up great-sword (and sometimes axe, and halberd, and spea--- ahem. Apologies. I digress) against the darkness which prevails upon our lands, I find myself seeking companionship outside that of my loyal standard-bearer. He's entirely too quiet. Positively eerie, I tell you.

... Anyway!

If it pleases, I would very much appreciate an invitation to the ranks of your kinship. I make my solemn vow to be as helpful, gracious, and goofy as possible.
Hesteth

Postby Athelian » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:21 am

Mae govannen Hesteth! I'll look for you ingame and invite you to the kinship.
Athelian
Rider of the Mark

Hobbit seeks company

Postby Amblebras » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:29 pm

To Mordor?! On my own?!

Not likely! Says I. If it’s to Mordor I must go then I need two things: company and pie, and I have plenty of pie! A journey always goes quicker in the company of friends and there’s no better way to make friends than with a piping hot pie!

Well I guess that’s why I’m here. I've heard that there are some brave Proudfeet, Proubottoms, and even a few friendly longshanks in this kin and all headed to that dark place. Well, if you’ll have some company, then I’d be happy to share some of the things I’ve ‘found’ along my journey so far and of course the aforementioned pie.

Yours, Amblebras of the Shire
Amblebras

Postby Athelian » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:31 pm

Greetings Amblebras! I look forward to your joining us.
Athelian
Rider of the Mark

Postby kilderkin » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:08 pm

Mordor? Who in blazes asked you to go to Mordor? Have you been talking to Boffo again?
kilderkin
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Lanastus » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:06 pm

Mae Govannen Servants of the Scret Fire

I am Belegdraug a young Guardian of Rivendell who has recently redicoverd the realms of middle earth. Being a member of the forums I thought I would seek comrades in the battle against the shadow that extends from Mordor. I would seek to join with you in the this.
Lanastus
Shield Bearer

Postby Athelian » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:30 pm

Greetings! And welcome to Servants of the Secret Fire! I will seek you out ingame for a kinship invitation.
Athelian
Rider of the Mark

Postby Tarina » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:12 pm

Greetings gentlefolk of Middle Earth!

I am Edhoriel of Lorien, a Runekeeper with some skill at making food and personal ornaments. I have a tendancy to run around with Belegdraug, and would love to have the opportunity join you in the fight against the shadow as well.
Tarina
Ringbearer

Postby Athelian » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:33 am

Hello Edhoriel! You are most welcome to join us! I will look for you the next time I an ingame and invite you into the kinship.
Athelian
Rider of the Mark

Postby frogsinmyhair » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:04 pm

Dear Secret Fire, the Servants and Thereof;

I've recently ventured out of my hobbit hole and am interested in joining like minded individuals in the quest against the great darkness ('Servants' means we get free tea cakes, right?).

I can bring to the order (it's an order, right? Not an Ordo or Ordre or Odrus? I had a bad experience with an Ordus once) my great experience of hitting things, taking things, and knowing what to not put my foot in in barrows of all forms.

I enjoy long walks along the Brandywine, and selling other people's things.

(p.s. Strider gave me his old cheese dagger! We're secretest best friends!)

I look forward to hearing from you soon. (Pies accepted in the meantime).

-Dufred

(p.s. That p.s. should have gone here, shouldn't it have?)
frogsinmyhair

Postby Athelian » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:16 pm

Greetings Dufred! I loved your post. I will contact you the next time I see you online and invite you formally into the kinship. Welcome!
Athelian
Rider of the Mark

Postby Ltan » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:34 pm

Well, this is my first post here, and a tad moot.

I have been playing LOTRO for a bit and joined a Kin under Redstone after a few days of playing. I then had to take a hiatus due to school and just now came back only to find that the Kin was disbanded.

Through talking with Red, I found out abotu the Servants and started looking into the group here. Gave a shout in the Shire if anyone was on and Tule found me and we started to chat. A coin was flipped, and now you are stuck with a yelling dwarf RK {18 atm} who is working on their cooking, and an alt who has maxed their farming out, prior to the seed fiasco.

My main is Glunker, the RK'er mentioned above.

My alts are:

Ltan
Altiqdreng
Jacesolo
Lukehan

Well, that is about it for now. Be seein' ya'll around!
Ltan

Postby Athelian » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:22 am

Welcome Glunker! So glad to have you with us.
Athelian
Rider of the Mark

Postby Redstonne » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:52 am

Was out of town so didn't get to put in on this. Glunker was an outstanding addition to the Order of Twilight and I'm excited to see him here!
Redstonne

Postby DWR123 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:28 pm

Hello all. My wife and I are huge Tolkien fans, particularly the beauty and sorrow of the elves, and we are looking to get into this game. I am an avid MMO player, though I haven't played one since I quit WOW over a year ago. She is much more casual, but she really enjoys healing, crafting, and the social aspects of the game. I am looking for a guild of friendly, knowledgeable players who share our love for all things middle-earth, while also being silly and having many laughs. I really want my wife to have an enjoyable experience, and I would like the opportunity to join this guild. We haven't made characters yet, partly because i was wondering if the guild had a specific need. My wife usually plays healer, and I usually play tank or dps, so I was wondering if there was a shortage of either Guardian or Champion in the guild. I would enjoy either, as I enjoy both roles, so I thought I would inquire of a need. Thank you very much for reading this post. I will be in touch after we make characters tonight. Farewell!
DWR123

PreviousNext

Return to Servants of the Secret Fire: Lord of the Rings Online Kinship