Fellowship of the Green Dragon

The main space for TORC-based Lord of the Rings Online Kinship members and aspirants to join, accept applications for membership, gather, speak, sing, loot, make decisions, and generally take themselves too seriously.

Postby Athelian » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:02 am

I highly recommend the uniform idea. The Dreadnoughts made quite a remarkable sight blazing through Middle Earth all dressed alike.
Athelian
Rider of the Mark

Postby Tule » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:15 am

I'm actually happy that my armor looks nice. I'd hate to ruin it with a hauberk (until I'm stuck with some ugly armor anyway). Most of the hauberks I don't like much, but a few are pretty nice (including the one the Dreadnaughts use).

We could go with a team color (green) though. Or maybe just a common cape. If only we could all earn the Cloak of the Cluck, we'd be the most stylish group ever (http://lotro-chronicles.blogspot.com/2008/02/cloak-of-cluck.html).

There are a few new outfits in book 14, mostly work clothes. But a more generic "we're just out for a drink" look could work. Such as the fancy hobbit clothes. Or the fishing waders :-)
Tule
Shield Bearer

Postby Ulfi Stonefoot » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:08 pm

True Tule True. Brockfoot is rather fond of his ranger robe, but since it would be just for the Green Dragon forays I think a hauberk would work. We coud also do something goofy like the dwarven robes they sell in thorin's hall. Or if you are really up for a larf...we ought to have an all dresses night. We could look into a combo of vendor sold light armors or mediums for the costume slot. Depending on how well they would take to the dye. Isn't there a hauberk with a dragon design on the chest? I thought I saw one somewhere. Oh well. :drink:
Ulfi Stonefoot
Shield Bearer

Postby Tule » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:03 am

We all phoned each other up in the morning, and made sure to wear the same outfits.

The lore master in the background was trying very hard to ignore us, but we were eventually shooed away.
Tule
Shield Bearer

Postby Ulfi Stonefoot » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:07 am

Since we will be doing the Inn League in two weeks when the summer festival starts... I thought I should post this here and the Green Dragons can purchase these ales and ciders ahead of time and just stash em in the bank till it's time. http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Quick_Gu ... tion#Deeds UP THE GREEN DRAGON'S!!!!!!!! :drink: I also want to get my /dance_hobbit emote aswell. Tule is it possible to get all the /dance_(insert race here) or is it race specific?
Ulfi Stonefoot
Shield Bearer

Postby Athelian » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:42 am

My human can dance like a dwarf. Now I need to get the rest of them!

And I love your uniforms!
Athelian
Rider of the Mark

Postby Tule » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:14 pm

Yes, you can get the dance for all races. They were on the winter festival when I first signed up on trial, and got it on my characters (some of whom I restarted, giving them amnesia). I remember trying to get the dance for men, but having never been outside of Archet before I was quite lost on how to get to the festival grounds and was chased by bears most of the way. The hobbit dance, naturally, is the best.

The tavern league quest, later given a more child-friendly name without removing the child-unfriendly activities, was pretty fun. I had made the rounds so I knew where all the taverns were. I made it on the first try, and every try since then, so it's not that hard. I did however, take a horse from the stables on the last leg which gave me a bit of time to find that last quest giver.

Apparently if you do all the quests, and the inn-league run every day, you will not quite have enough points to get a "friend" reputation. So that door in the Bird and Baby will remain locked until autumn maybe.
Tule
Shield Bearer

Postby Ulfi Stonefoot » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:16 pm

Well Brockfoot may or may not be there this wednesday. It all depends on if we can get someone to watch our boys for the night. I did not forget that it was my wifes birthday but for some reason did not put the date and the green dragons together in my head. If someone watches the boys I shall be out celebrating with her but if not I shall be there. Sorry for any trouble this causes. I do want to be there for the Great Barrows stuff but oh well... Hopefully things will work out for the best. :horse:
Ulfi Stonefoot
Shield Bearer

Postby Tule » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:22 pm

Well, if you can't make it, we can always do a couple of fellowship quests in lone lands, and then head off and knock off some simpler deeds so that we don't outlevel you. There are also two sets of Great Barrows quests; so we could just to the first part, or maybe just part of the first part.
Tule
Shield Bearer

Postby Fasut » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:20 pm

ya adrien and anieth have all the dance last years festival... and i have already run around and grabbed all the drinks for my characters.do it with a hunter and it goes quicker.

Beorne is good for wednesday
Fasut
Shield Bearer

Postby Ulfi Stonefoot » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:47 pm

It would appear I shall not be there this evening. My apologies to one and all! Have fun and see you for the tavern run next week! And do not worry about leveling past me I can always catch up solo. :drink:
Ulfi Stonefoot
Shield Bearer

Postby Tule » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:08 pm

OK, next time then. I will gladly run you through whatever fellowship content you missed with Tule (and even try to make it seem challenging).
Tule
Shield Bearer

Postby Tule » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:53 pm

Tule
Shield Bearer

Postby Ulfi Stonefoot » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:24 am

So what's on the agenda for tonite my fellow dragons? Book 3 or lone lands mega run through all the fellowship quests? I am open for anything! :drink:
Ulfi Stonefoot
Shield Bearer

Postby Tule » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:12 pm

Well, I think that most of us have finished all the normal Lone-Lands quests, except for the tougher Agamaur and Garth Agarwen stuff. I've started quests in North Downs by Trestlebridge, and I know Beorne has been adventuring there.

Choices are: Agamaur quests, which are all fellowship quests; or North Downs, which has some fellowship quests with few prereqs for Fields of Fornost and Nan Wethren; Book 3 doesn't start fellowship quests for a bit. Agamaur will be the toughest and seems to be for levels 28-31, North Downs quests will start dropping down to green soon, Book 3 will overlap a bit with Fields of Fornost near the start.
Tule
Shield Bearer

Postby Fasut » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:45 pm

Ya Im on to kingsfell area now and Saved a few of the harder Fellowship stuff around Fornost and in the Orc area there. And Lone lands is done Cept GA and surrounding, i ventured in there a bit for my LM quest but it would be hard fights. Im game for anything the group needs i pushed on to hit lvl 30 so i could get my Lynx.

Beorne
Fasut
Shield Bearer

Postby Ulfi Stonefoot » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:29 pm

There is a chance I may not make it tonite as we may have to babysit a friends kids overnite...they are having a minor emergency and if they cannot get her sister to watch them then we are going to take them. My apologies in advance if I am not there. If I can get on later I will give Daero a tell and try and catch up.
Ulfi Stonefoot
Shield Bearer

Postby Fasut » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:24 pm

I regret that I will miss the dragons adventure tonight, but i will catch up later. Hope you have enough to do some adventures
Fasut
Shield Bearer

Postby Tule » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:45 pm

Ok, we make do with 3 players in Kingsfell and some Othrikar. Nothing too hard it couldn't be soloed.

For next week, I suggest aiming for no more than level 31 (unless you're over). Homework assignment is to finish Book 3, Chapter 3, making us all ready to dive into those fellowship quests.
Tule
Shield Bearer

Postby Ulfi Stonefoot » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:57 am

Guys I am very sorry I was not there last night but we had mega thunderstorms rolling through for several hours last night with multiple lightning strikes. My power went out and in 4 times. I promise not to miss next wednesday! :)
Ulfi Stonefoot
Shield Bearer

Postby Tule » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:19 am

We finished off book 3. Next week I suggest a level 31/32 goal, and finish off group quests west of Esteldin. Then maybe some Agamaur or Nan Amlug East.
Tule
Shield Bearer

Postby Ulfi Stonefoot » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:31 am

Hi guys...(looks around sheepishly at his feet.) I am posting from work because on monday this week my computer apparently fried or crashed... I am not sure. I am taking it in to be looked at by the geek squad on friday and hopefully it is just a problem with the power source but it will not even fire up when turned on. I REALLY HOPE it is something small like that because there is no way I can afford a new system right now. I wanted to email you sooner but did not have access to the forum till today at work. Everyone keep your fingers crossed...
Ulfi Stonefoot
Shield Bearer

Postby Tule » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:35 pm

It's a perfectly good excuse. Thanks for letting us know. We do miss that little hunter.
Tule
Shield Bearer

Postby Ulfi Stonefoot » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:01 pm

Well I have bad news. Apparently, according to the guy that looked over my computer, there was some sort of power surge that fried the motherboard. I do not know enough about the inner workings of the magic computational box to know all that he was talking about, but that is the gist of it. I will obviously not be playing for awhile because I cannot afford to replace it or buy a new system at this time. I am going to start setting aside some money every paycheck but I think it is going to be sometime around January when I should have enough. I am going to supsend my account for that time and use that monthly fee to put into it too. I hope you will all allow me to remain in the Servants until I can return to you. What makes me the most angry is how much I was looking forward to Mines of Moria. GRRRRRRR..... At any rate I will continue to post here when I can and hope that this unfortunate turn of events is not too much an inconvieniance to any of the Servants. My thanks. See you soon!!!
Ulfi Stonefoot
Shield Bearer

Postby Gandalf'sMother » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:26 am

Ulfi! You will be sorely missed.

You should set up a Pay Pal account that we can put money into. Ulfi's New Computer Fund. Seriously!

-Boffo
Gandalf'sMother
Ringbearer

Postby Athelian » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:50 am

Awwww...I'm sorry Ulfi. Please continue to post here as often as you can. You will still be considered a Servant of the Secret Fire and we will be waiting for your return ingame!

Did you purchase a house on your account? If so, I'd be glad to keep the rent paid for you until you return. That is if you havent suspended your account yet and can find a way to get online to give me permission to pay your rent.
Athelian
Rider of the Mark

Postby Fasut » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:58 pm

Beorne may be late for Wednesday night from now on as i start school on wed. evenings, at this point i might be home in time, not sure how long class will go . Ill have a better idea tomorrow.
Fasut
Shield Bearer

Postby Tule » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:01 pm

No posting for awhile, but I've kept the log updated. Anyway, I plan on showing up tonight.

We may need to regroup and plan a strategy though. I notice some of our members have been of adventuring and our level gap has widened by quite a bit, and undoubtedly several fellowship quests have been completed. I do not want to be stepping on anyone else's fun in any way. But we may be diverging too much here in our goals; levelling speeds, amount of content to see or skip, etc.

There's also the issue of Moria and the raised level cap - do we do all the books in order still? Do we stay out of Eregion/Moria until after book 15? We should all have other characters to get to Moria first I think.
Tule
Shield Bearer

Postby Tule » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:06 am

We are down to 3 dragons again, and are most distressed. We have need of a healer, and any others who wish to join. We can help people gain more levels if needed.
Tule
Shield Bearer

Previous

Return to Servants of the Secret Fire: Lord of the Rings Online Kinship