Official TENGWAR Transcription Thread (and TATTOOS) - VI

Tolkien's worlds were birthed out of his love of language and his work at creating new ones. Enter into discussions surrounding Tolkien's languages.

Re: Official TENGWAR Transcription Thread (and TATTOOS) - VI

Postby ATrinket » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:55 pm

Or longer ;)

I posted my request June 4th 2016 lol
ATrinket
Petitioner to the Council

Postby cnightshade » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:36 pm

I'm wondering if you can we re-translate " Xander " and " Miss Independent " for me. Please and thank you my computer crashed and I lost it. The original is no longer posted in your forum
cnightshade

Postby taurielava » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:50 am

Salut Isildilmë !

This post belongs to the "better late than never" category, as it's a massively belated, but huge thank you for your stellar work on a transcription I requested some time ago.

Back in 2014, I was getting married and requested a transcription to have engraved on my husband-to-be's wedding ring… And even another one for him to have engraved on mine as he was having a hard time getting his requests right. Then the wedding planning got crazy and we moved to Malawi, Africa, and as there was no chance of having anything engraved over there, I let it all slip…

Now we're back in Europe, and he asked me the other day "err, whatever happened to my ring getting engraved?". So I've only just found your beautiful transcriptions on a previous version of this thread and I shall have his ring engraved for our 4th anniversary :lol:

Sadly, his inscription can't be engraved on mine as I chose a ring too fine to be engraved, but I'm sure he can have something else engraved with it, like a life-lasting awesome present (motorbike? sexy clarinet? Hint, hint, Gandalf's slippers!).

Merci encore pour ton beau cadeau de mariage :) et amuse-toi bien avec tes autres transcriptions… et toutes les autres choses qui t'occupent !

TaurielAVA
taurielava

Previous

Return to Language