READ ONLY-Official TENGWAR Transcriptions (and TATTOOS) - II

Tolkien's worlds were birthed out of his love of language and his work at creating new ones. Enter into discussions surrounding Tolkien's languages.

Postby aav900 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:21 pm

sorry that i did not specify
tengwar cursive thank you!!!
aav900
Citizen of Imladris

Postby tony71 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:39 pm

Thanks Isildilmë, I will also post pics as soon as I get to have this tattoo done :)
tony71
Petitioner to the Council

Postby linnor » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:14 am

Thanks for the help. I appreciate you taking the time to do this for me. The result was very good.
linnor

tengwar

Postby sf702 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:33 am

Hi Isildilmë,

I was going through a good bit of this thread and i see your very helpful and good with translating into tengwar, could you please translate the following few quotes for me ive looked everywhere tryin to translate english to tengwar... If theres a few tengwar ways to do these could you just pick which looks the nicest :)

Maybe we must experience suffering before we learn to take risks

Change is the essence of life
Be willing to surrender what you are
For what you could become

i will sacrafice everything for those i love

Thanks so much :)
sf702

Postby Philotes » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:19 am

Hi Isildilme!

Can you also translate for me the names:

Juergen
Petra and
Fainiel (its the Sinderin name for Jennifer)

Thanks a lot....i will post the results!!!

Greetings Philotes
Philotes

Postby broox159 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:58 pm

Hi Isildilme,

Just wondering if you could post these slightly bigger? Or a link where i could get them? If i try to zoom in on them they go blurry?

Thanks so much!

Natalie
broox159

Postby strawberrymice » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:01 pm

Hi! I'm thinking about getting this tattoo, and I was wondering if it was at all correct? It should read "sisters"?

strawberrymice

Postby MelisGreenleaf » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:20 pm

I looked through the thread to try and find if my name Melissa had been translated and found a request for it but not the translation.
If it is here to be found please let me know and I will look again.
I would also like to have my children's names translated, Ive started a tutorial but I'm nowhere near being able to translate!
I would like the following names translated into Tengwar Annatar normal please

Melissa
Jason Maximus
Alanna Leslie Paige

Thank you!!
Last edited by MelisGreenleaf on Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
MelisGreenleaf
Citizen of Imladris

Tattoo

Postby peachroses » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:33 pm

Hi,
Would you be able to translate 'believe in magic' and 'Helen' into Tengwar?
Preferably in the 'one ring' style font :D
Thank you very much :)
peachroses

Postby sf702 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:58 pm

Sorry I forgot to finish the rest of my first quote it was maybe we must experience suffering before we learn to take risks for what we love

sf702

Postby Katyenka » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:13 pm

Isildilmë wrote:In some source hwesta is also proposed for "ch", but often more for a "k" sounding "ch", as in Christ, for example. And in many sources they don't even propose any use for it, so I tend to use it the less possible, and to keep careful doing it. I often prefer to use calma for any "ch".

But as I always said, there are many ways to use tengwar, and we can find good sources to support each one of them ! Maybe the use of hwesta would be as good, or even better (who knows ? sadly we can't ask Tolkien his opinion !) then what I do, but that is what I feel comfortable with, and as far as I'm concerned, nothing indicates that it is wrong...

I don't know if it answers your question... and I don't know if my explanation is clear enough (that is one of the problem with my bad English !). If you have sources that you would like to share with me so we can discuss about it, it will be a pleasure.
Ah, thanks.
I don't have very many sources at all. The only thing I was going by for that is an image chart and all it says is hwesta is the "abbreviation for the "ch" in "church"".
Katyenka

Postby royalsfan7 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:38 pm

Hey all, these translations look amazing. I have 3 different translations if you would be so kind to do them into Tengwar :)

Justin

YNWA
royalsfan7

Re: tengwar

Postby Isildilmë » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:03 am

sf702 wrote:I was going through a good bit of this thread and i see your very helpful and good with translating into tengwar, could you please translate the following few quotes for me ive looked everywhere tryin to translate english to tengwar... If theres a few tengwar ways to do these could you just pick which looks the nicest :)

I suggest you go one page 1 and read my first post of this thread to choose some fonts you like.
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:04 am

strawberrymice wrote:Hi! I'm thinking about getting this tattoo, and I was wondering if it was at all correct? It should read "sisters"?

It's perfect !
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:15 am

avogel57 wrote:Isildilmë--
I wanted to say thank you again, and of course share with you the finished results: http://avogel57.deviantart.com/art/Wond ... -199199167 I'm quite pleased with the way that it turned out :) I took a little bit of creative license, flourishing the tails on some of the vowels, and replacing some of the punctuation/stops with flowers and such, but I think it still works given the context. I really enjoyed doing this; it turns out that the transcription I was able to come up with wasn't too far off of the mark, though there were a few glitches in mine, and of course it was in a different font/character set. It felt kind of like writing in Arabic (I studied it briefly a few years back), in the way that the characters flowed together, and made use of carriers for the vowel sounds. Going from the text to a script felt something akin to the medieval arabic use of text for flourishes as artwork unto itself. Very cool. I'm thinking of doing a couple more of these, a set, one each of Yavanna and the two trees, and Varda hallowing the heavens. I've got a few passages in mind, but I'm open to suggestions, and creative input from you and from everybody else out there :)

Also, is there a propper forum to post the above link, or to submit the artwork? I've seen a couple in the fanart section, but I'm still a bit of a newb :? lol

Anyhow, many thanks!
--Alex

WOW Alex, this is great ! I wish I have this talent to illustrate Tolkien mythology ! Wonderful ! As you can see, I commented the picture on the site too.
I'm working on a forum to post these pictures, but it won't be ready until a bit, but I'll sure post your pic there to share it with everybody (if you don't see any inconvenient, of course !).
And I was wondering if there was any possibility for you to send it to me by email in larger resolution ?
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Nhoj » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:02 pm

Hi Isildilmë,

In the other thread I had a name translated for a friend of mine. Now she would like to know how it is written in Tengwar Annatar.
Her name in Quenya is Laicamirë.

Thanks a lot, Nhoj
Nhoj

Fonts

Postby sf702 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:23 pm

Hi

could you translate them in the annatar font and the sindarin font aslo if you don't mind doing both please? I can't decide which is nicer :p

thanks very much :)
sf702

Postby strawberrymice » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:37 pm

Isildilmë wrote:
strawberrymice wrote:Hi! I'm thinking about getting this tattoo, and I was wondering if it was at all correct? It should read "sisters"?

It's perfect !

Oh thank you! I really appreciate it, and for responding so quick! (:
strawberrymice

Postby Ethion » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:23 am

Hi there, can you do:

I fall in love with every woman I meet, whether it is for ten minutes or ten years.

in Tengwar Annatar (italic) for me please?
Thank you! :)
Ethion

Postby Vanilla_KisS » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:47 pm

Hi Isildilmë,
you helped me the last time with the transcription so much and so i hope you can do this again :)
its time to get a new tattoo and i need the transcription for

la familia and la vida loca

in tengwar annatar italic.

hope hear you soon :)
love
Vanilla_KisS

Postby flyingduster » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:43 am

Heeey, haven't been on here in ages, but I have a new request!

Can I please have the following transcribed:

"Caitlyn Rose" and also "Caleb Ross"

in the Tengwar Annatar, in bold italic please... Thank you!
flyingduster

Postby fhuang » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:18 am

Hi Isildilmë
I've been thinking about gettng a tattoo and was hoping you could translate 'conquer life' and 'live' for me to tengwar annatar italics. Thanks!!
fhuang

Postby milli » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:27 am

Hi there, im new to the site as a friend told me about it. Im after a translation into tengwar annatar italic.... What i would like is = only god can judge me.
milli

Postby salorvenus02 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:37 pm

Thank you soooooo much for this.. going to the tattoo parlor this week ill post a picture!
salorvenus02

thank you

Postby The Nightwalker » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:03 pm

Isildilmë wrote:For The Nightwalker :

Isildilmë Celumenarwissë Image

thank you isildilme, its awesome, is there a way i can like copy and paste these images somewhere else so i have them on my computer?
The Nightwalker

Help translating!

Postby mat85 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:37 am

Hi people, this is my first post on this sort of thing. Im wanting to get a tattoo of the English name Bella which I understand translates to Elvish as Vanya. How do I write this in tengwar?
Thanks,
Mat
mat85

Postby piscaum » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:05 pm

Well, hi people. Like mat85, i will make a tattoo with my brother's name, but i need to make it perfect, in Tengwar Annatar (similar to the ring). In this case, i think it would be in Italic, isn't it?? Can someone help me??
If someone can translate the names, i will be very gratefull.
The names (i would like to see what is the best):

Caio Cesar Soster
Caio Soster
Caio Cesar
Caio

Thanks in advance,
piscaum.
piscaum

Postby Isildilmë » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:27 am

milli wrote:Hi there, im new to the site as a friend told me about it. Im after a translation into tengwar annatar italic.... What i would like is = only god can judge me.

I already posted this quote for someone else some time ago... you can search for it in the thread if you want, or I can re-post it when your turn comes.
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Re: thank you

Postby Isildilmë » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:29 am

The Nightwalker wrote:thank you isildilme, its awesome, is there a way i can like copy and paste these images somewhere else so i have them on my computer?

Of course, you should be able to save it clicking on it with the right button... if it doesn't work, send me an email and I'll send it back to you as an attached file. (if you do so, remember me in the email what was the quote so I can find it quickly in my thousands of transcriptions !)
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby milli » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:48 am

Isildilmë wrote:
milli wrote:Hi there, im new to the site as a friend told me about it. Im after a translation into tengwar annatar italic.... What i would like is = only god can judge me.

I already posted this quote for someone else some time ago... you can search for it in the thread if you want, or I can re-post it when your turn comes.

I did look for it but for some reason i am only getting the red cross treatment, would you be able to copy the picture and send it to my e-mail?
milli

PreviousNext

Return to Language