READ ONLY-Official TENGWAR Transcriptions (and TATTOOS) - II

Tolkien's worlds were birthed out of his love of language and his work at creating new ones. Enter into discussions surrounding Tolkien's languages.

transcription for tattoo

Postby JessicaJanson » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:38 pm

Hello, I've looked through this forum and I love that you have been helping all these people with their tengwar transcriptions. Will you please translate the following for me? I would like to place a tattoo on my side or along my spine.

Jessica Marie

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Evenstar

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

I'd like them to be translated in Tengwar Annatar Italic. Thank you in advance!
JessicaJanson
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Isildilmë » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:56 pm

alinea77 wrote:demandé dsl pr la fautes lol

apres je sais pas si tu as une difference de traduction si les phrases sont en français ou en anglais
perso moi en anglais jsuis tres mauvaise donc je saurais pas :/

tu me dis...

;D

Bien sûr, ça fait une différence... après tout, ce qu'on fait, c'est transcrire la phrase en Tengwar... seul l'alphabet est différent, les mots restent les mêmes (par exemple, "amour" et "love" ne se ressemblent pas du tout en Tengwar, parce que les deux mots sont très différents à la base !). Donc merci de me l'avoir donné de la façon la plus significative pour toi, c'est toujours l'idéal. Comme tu as vu, j'ai énormément de demandes, mais je t'ajoute à la liste, t'inquiète !
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:31 pm

For Katielaura :

Isildilmë Celumenarwissë Image
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:32 pm

For Piiow :
As I don’t know about any transcription for apostrophe, I just did as if there wasn’t one : “cant”...

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:35 pm

For Hewitt89 :

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:37 pm

For LEnferCestLesAutres :
Merci pour le compliment sur mon anglais… mais je continue de trouver que « à tout casser » est énormément exagéré ! Mon anglais me fais grincer des dents moi-même, alors je n’imagine pas son effet sur les anglophones ! héhé ! Voici tes phrases :
Je dois par contre t’aviser que comme il n’y a pas de symboles connus pour l’apostrophe, j’ai dû simplement le supprimer (« cest »).

Et pour ce qui est du poême, je l’avais déjà fait en anglais, le voici (clique sur le lien pour la version large) :
Image All that is gold does not glitter, […]
Si tu le veux en français (si la version française existe !), juste à me demander (et svp me le donner, je préférerais ne pas avoir à le chercher !)

J’espère que ça correspond à ce que tu cherchais ici !

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:38 pm

For rorybreaker :

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:39 pm

For beri :

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:39 pm

For jemon :

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:40 pm

For anni_sladurani : I made an exception for anni... Please understand that I can’t do that for everybody all the time. Thanks.
Image No one can live for me […] (click on the link to access the transcription : a little big for a post !)

Image Love is to give someone the opportunity […]

As I don’t know about any transcription for apostrophe, I just did as if there wasn’t one : “wont”...

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby GwenElf » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:30 pm

Ethos427 wrote:
On a side note, if I wasn't as artistically challenged as I am, this would be a worthy endeavor to take on (transcribing), but I am fascinated by language, which is a feat for an English-primary speaker. Latin is my next undertaking.

Latin, yay!! We've got a Latin thread here somewhere, but it's pretty slow (I think I might have killed it, actually...) and buried underneath tattoo requests.

The point of this post being Latin = awesome. :)
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby anni_sladurani » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:09 pm

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! :)) really thank you,i appreciate what you did!
anni_sladurani

Postby Isildilmë » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:40 am

You're welcome :)
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby LEnferCestLesAutres » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:33 am

Merci beaucoup, c'est vraiment gentil que tu te fais une telle masse de travail sans rien recevoir :)
LEnferCestLesAutres

Postby tiriboki » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:54 am

Isildilmë wrote:
tiriboki wrote:Could you please transcribe the following into Tengwar Annatar Italic?
"levski sofia mcmxiv gazari boy 93"
Once again,thank you so much!

Please just precise the language in which this is.
Language is english,please translate the phrase literally.
tiriboki

Postby Piiow » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:01 am

Isildilmë wrote:For Piiow :
As I don’t know about any transcription for apostrophe, I just did as if there wasn’t one : “cant”...

Thanks a lot! It looks great ! You are amazing, I''ll be able to do my tattoo now

Thanks again
Piiow'
Piiow

Postby Piiow » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:01 am

Isildilmë wrote:For Piiow :

Thanks a lot! It looks great ! You are amazing, I''ll be able to do my tattoo now

Thanks again
Piiow'
Piiow

thank you

Postby Rachel frances » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:57 pm

thank you so much, :bookworm: yes English was perfect. I had tried several programs and fonts but ran into difficulty and kept getting really strange results, thank you again for your time, patience and expertise

Rachel
Rachel frances

to Jaav 88 (font)

Postby Rachel frances » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:16 pm

Dear Jaav88 the font you have used which one is it and where did you down load it from? I have tried several with little success this one seems ideal.

many thanks Rachel X :rose:
Rachel frances

Postby poots182 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:59 pm

Hi there, I was wondering if you could help me out with a translation I would be very grateful,

I want to get a tattoo of a date which is special to me: 25 may 2005, I Was wondering if you could assist me, I don't mind which font :)!

Thank you very much for your time.
poots182

Postby Arwenelf » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:46 am

Hi, this is Gwenelf's friend. I am finally able to get online (I'm in Africa at the moment and have not a lot of internet access). Anyways, transcribing straight from the english word Pilgrim will work for me if you haven't already done it from the elvish. This is just a modification from gwenelf's post, so same request. Thanks :D
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby Isildilmë » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:13 am

Arwenelf wrote:Hi, this is Gwenelf's friend. I am finally able to get online (I'm in Africa at the moment and have not a lot of internet access). Anyways, transcribing straight from the english word Pilgrim will work for me if you haven't already done it from the elvish. This is just a modification from gwenelf's post, so same request. Thanks :D

Or I can do both if you want... it's gonna be the same price :wink:
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby broox159 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:25 am

Hiya Isildilmë, just wondering if you saw my post and if you can give an idea of how long/how far down the waiting list i am? I am waiting on a tattoo...no major rush, but im really excited to get it done so....

p.s you are really talented and i love that you help people in your spare time!
broox159

Postby Magdollen » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:20 pm

Hi, Isildilmë,

I come from the Quenya translation thread, where Vea mi olori was kind enough to translate for me a phrase that I want tattooed.

Because of the meaning of the tattoo, it was my original intention to transcribe it myself, but as I thought about it, it seemed wiser to ask for help to get a more accurate transcription. Also, I have to admit, I kinda got overwhelmed and have no previous experience in Tengwar whatsoever, so I now come to you!

This is the quenya text:

Alá nái
Óretya er
Ná undulávë
i huinessë
Nyérëo

And this is my attempt:

I am certain that it’s wrong, I just don’t know where (or why). The tehtar rules are complicated, which makes me appreciate even more so what you do here for others.

I attempted transcription by hand and then just downloaded the first Tengwar font I found (which happened to be Tengwar Formal) and gave the “Insert Symbol” method a try. When you get around to the corrections, I’d appreciate it if you made them using either Tengwar Quenya Normal, Tengwar Annatar Cursive or Tengwar Annatar Cursive Bold. I’m not sure which font I’d like yet; since the tattoo is going to be a little big, I’m thinking Tengwar Annatar Cursive Bold would be the best choice, but we’ll see. I’m also not completely satisfied with the breaks in the sentence, but that’s something I’ll figure out after the Tengwar is correct.

That’s about it. Thank you, in advance! :)
Magdollen

Postby Isildilmë » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:32 pm

broox159 wrote:Hiya Isildilmë, just wondering if you saw my post and if you can give an idea of how long/how far down the waiting list i am? I am waiting on a tattoo...no major rush, but im really excited to get it done so....

p.s you are really talented and i love that you help people in your spare time!

Thanks for your comment, and yes, don't worry, I saw your post. I can't tell you when I'll be able to do it... everything depend on my variable free time. I'll soon post an up to date list of my pending requests.
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:34 pm

Magdollen wrote:I am certain that it’s wrong, I just don’t know where (or why). The tehtar rules are complicated, which makes me appreciate even more so what you do here for others.

I agree, there are some mistakes in that. I'll show you my transcription very soon.
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:06 pm

LEnferCestLesAutres wrote:Merci beaucoup, c'est vraiment gentil que tu te fais une telle masse de travail sans rien recevoir :)

Si ce que je fais aide à ce que les Tengwar soient utilisés à bon escient, j'en suis très contente... et j'y trouve une satisfaction personnelle bien sûr ! J'aime surtout avoir un retour des gens pour qui j'ai fait des transcription (photos des résultats, etc.).
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Nhoj » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:23 am

It took some time but I finally had my tattoos done.

Here you can see them.

Thank a million for helping me. :lol:

Nhoj
Nhoj

Postby Nhoj » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:23 am

It took some time but I finally had my tattoos done.

Here you can see them.

Thank a million for helping me. :lol:

Nhoj
Nhoj

Postby Tammylou2you » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:55 pm

Hello form New Zealand
If I could have the names below translated into Tengwar Quenya I would be so thankful, as I want to get them tattoed. I have given you the origin of the names, plus a meaning...hope this helps.

Tammy (which is English meaning twin).
David-John (David which is Hebrew meaning beloved and John which is Hebrew meaning God is gracious).
Danae (which is Greek meaning Danaë was a figure of an Ancient Greek myth. She was the daughter of Eurydice, the king of Argos and was the mother of Perseus.)
Trenton (which is Latin meaning town by the rapid stream)
Taine (which is Irish meaning stream)
Jamey (which is English meaning supplanter, substitute)
Lacey (which is Latin meaning Cheerful).

Thank You
Tammy
Tammylou2you

PreviousNext

Return to Language