READ ONLY-Official TENGWAR Transcriptions (and TATTOOS) - II

Tolkien's worlds were birthed out of his love of language and his work at creating new ones. Enter into discussions surrounding Tolkien's languages.

Postby burnetgm » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:58 pm

Hi!
I was wondering if you would be able to transcribe a couple names for me in tengwar annatar and in cursive, both in nomal and italic too, if you could.

They are:

Tyler
Gabrielle (with a long "a" and a silent "e" at the end)

Thanks so much!!
Last edited by burnetgm on Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
burnetgm
Petitioner to the Council

Postby kryaxysa » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:29 pm

Hi Isildilmë,
I earlier requested to have "I walk by faith" translated for a tattoo for me. If it's not too much trouble I would like "I walk by faith, not by sight" instead. I would like to share the tattoo I got for my right arm though which I found in your earlier posts for someone: "With God, all things are possible"

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/7204/0307111906.jpg

If you could translate "I walk by faith, not by sight", I'd like to get that on my left arm in the same place as the other one, and share that one with you as well. Thanks again!
kryaxysa

Postby burnetgm » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:58 pm

Isildilme,

If its no trouble to add on to my request...

Gabe (long a and silent e again)
and the initials TLP

Thank you so much I think its so generous that you do this for people in your spare time! Thank you so much!
burnetgm

Tengwar Annatar

Postby Michael of LaSul » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:11 pm

Hello everyone,

This is my second post on the forum. I am a huge LOTR fan and I would like to get a tattoo of a verse of poetry in the elvish Tengwar Annatar font:

"Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp or what's a heaven for"

It is a quote from Robert Browning's "Andrea del Sarto". I have tried in vain to translate it myself, and do not wish to use a generator-type website in fear of it being not being accurate. If anyone is able to transcribe this verse using the Tengwar Annatar font, I would really appreciate it.

Thankyou :)
Michael of LaSul

Postby priell3 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:33 am

kryaxysa wrote:I would like to share the tattoo I got for my right arm though which I found in your earlier posts for someone: "With God, all things are possible"

Good looking tattoo.
priell3
Shield Bearer

Postby kryaxysa » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:33 am

priell3 wrote:Good looking tattoo.

Thanks! :)
kryaxysa

Postby papelitsa » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:53 am

Isildilmë if there's no trouble and not too late could you have it in annatar italic? I forgot to tell you that! thanks again!
:)
papelitsa

Postby man-yoo » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:34 pm

Hello mate,

just replying from the email I sent.

'Can you please translate the following for me? I'm looking to get this tattooed and would appreciate it.

Style - Italic Tengwar Annatar

I want it to say:

Jayde - forever in my heart

Cheers, james
man-yoo

Postby Isildilmë » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:34 am

kryaxysa wrote:Hi Isildilmë,
I earlier requested to have "I walk by faith" translated for a tattoo for me. If it's not too much trouble I would like "I walk by faith, not by sight" instead. I would like to share the tattoo I got for my right arm though which I found in your earlier posts for someone: "With God, all things are possible"

If you could translate "I walk by faith, not by sight", I'd like to get that on my left arm in the same place as the other one, and share that one with you as well. Thanks again!

Nice tattoo ! A big thanks for sharing ! And no problem, I took your new request in note.
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Re: Help translating!

Postby Isildilmë » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:41 am

mat85 wrote:Hi people, this is my first post on this sort of thing. Im wanting to get a tattoo of the English name Bella which I understand translates to Elvish as Vanya. How do I write this in tengwar?
Thanks,
Mat

Would you prefer to have the name "Bella" directly into Tengwar, or "Vanya" (Quenya translation) into Tengwar, or both ?

And btw, welcome to TORC !
Last edited by Isildilmë on Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:54 am

piscaum wrote:Well, hi people. Like mat85, i will make a tattoo with my brother's name, but i need to make it perfect, in Tengwar Annatar (similar to the ring). In this case, i think it would be in Italic, isn't it?? Can someone help me??
If someone can translate the names, i will be very gratefull.
The names (i would like to see what is the best):

Caio Cesar Soster
Caio Soster
Caio Cesar
Caio

Thanks in advance,
piscaum.

Yes, Tengwar Annatar Italic is the font you need.
In order to make the better transcription possible, I'd like to know more about this name... Is it used as an English name ? If not, what language is it ? And I wonder about the 3 following vowels a-i-o... is it prononced as "Cayo" ? or "cai-o", the a+i being as a unique vowel ? Or all the vowels pronunced separately "Ca-i-o" ? These questions can seem a bit strange, but it can affect the way I'll write these names in particular, so I think all the informations I can have will help.
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:28 am

Hello everyone ! Once again, I must warn you that this thread will be closed after this post. The reason of this is that it’s getting too big !

But don’t worry, nothing is over ! :) I've created a new thread, named Official Tengwar Transcription Thread (and TATTOOS) - III (click on the link to access the thread).

There is no need to post your request there again if you already posted it here, because I have all of them in note and I'll answer in time. The answers will be on the new thread.

Now please
don't put anything more on this thread , I'd like if this message could be the last so that everybody who visit it will know where to go reading the last post. A moderator will close officially the thread as soon as he/she passes by. If you post something here, I’ll ask him/her to erase it.

See you in Tengwar III !

Isildilmë Celumenarwissë Image
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Previous

Return to Language