Sarati Script

Tolkien's worlds were birthed out of his love of language and his work at creating new ones. Enter into discussions surrounding Tolkien's languages.

Sarati Script

Postby acthomson » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:00 pm

Hi Everyone!

Like most others, I too am wanting a tat but in Sarati Script. If anyone knows how to write the word 'undefined' in vertical Sarati script (reading from left to right) could you please let me know. Thanx sooo much! I'm really enjoying being a member!

Allen
acthomson
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Isildilmë » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:08 am

Very interesting request ! I'm not as used with Sarati than with Tengwar, but I may post a suggestion for you asap.
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby acthomson » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:48 am

Thank you! That would be wonderful! I am going to get it tomorrow lol so any interreptation of the script would be VERY helpful! Thanx!
acthomson

Re: Sarati Script

Postby Isildilmë » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:23 pm

acthomson wrote:in vertical Sarati script (reading from left to right)

Do you mean "Top-to-bottom beginning at left" ? Because "vertical" and "left to right" seem contraries to me ! And as it's only 1 word, if it's vertical, beginning at left or right will have no incidence.
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:14 pm

Well, I didn't know if I would be able to do it if I wait for your answer, so I did it the way I thought was what you wanted (I had a bit of time now).

I must admit that this is my first attempt with Sarati, so I'm not a reference as solid as I am with Tengwar... but I used good and complete references, so I tend to be quite confident with it. I used the Phonetic Form (3rd variety) of Sarati, vertically (from top to bottom), with and without bar.

So, using [ʌndɪfaɪnd] as the phonetic representation of "Undefined" (I took it directly from the dictionary), here is what I obtain. Now if you want to tell me what you think about it (or if someone reads this and as an opinion on Sarati transcription), I'll be very happy and interested to discuss the subject !

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby acthomson » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:03 pm

I actually already got it done..but thank you!
acthomson

Postby Isildilmë » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:27 am

ah... that's sad, because I hurried in order to show it to you before you get it done and to post it saturday night... as you didn't come to see it before going there, I guess it wasn't important
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Return to Language