READ ONLY-Official TENGWAR Transcriptions(and TATTOOS)-III

Tolkien's worlds were birthed out of his love of language and his work at creating new ones. Enter into discussions surrounding Tolkien's languages.

Postby Isildilmë » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:35 am

heckelucas wrote:first of all sorry for my bad english.

Don't worry, my English is shameful...
heckelucas wrote:so, i want to make a tattoo (as everbody in here) in quenya with the phrase "the right person, the wrong time" and in the other forearm "the right time, the wrong person", being this way i can hold my arms close and it will say "the right person, the right time"

i dig the internet for this words in quenya, but all i got so far is

Lú - Time
Nassë - Person, individual
Vanima - Right, fair
Neithan - Wrong(ed)

I'm trying to find people who can translate it for me (from brazilian portuguese for a higher accuracy) as long i get i'll post here.

I'll ask you to post first at the Official Quenya Translation Thread, because there are the people who do the translations to Quenya. But I don't think they speak any type of portuguese, so don't forget to tell them the English version too !

After you have a confirmation, post here again and ask for the transcription of the result in Tengwar, precising the language (I have to know it's Quenya) and the font (see page 1 of this thread).

Note that I can also write your Portuguese sentence directly into Tengwar, without translating it into Quenya. If you want, when you'll have the Quenya sentence, propose me the two, precising the language of each.
Concerning the Official Tengwar Transcription Thread - VI
To all the newbees, Welcome to TORC !
Before posting anything on this thread, READ THE INTRODUCTION. For now, I didn't have the time to update the intro, so I let you read the intro of thread #IV here.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the threads or by email (isildilme@hotmail.com - write "Tengwar" somewhere in the subject in case you fall in my junkmail, because if I don't know, I wont open the message !). Note that I don't accept transcription requests by email, you have to post them here !

You can address yourself to me in French, Spanish or English as you wish.

Special message : I have now two precious sons. They are my priorities, and an additional explanation for the delays in my answers. I WILL answer you... but you might have to wait. Thank you for your comprehension.
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby heckelucas » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:15 pm

Thank you! i'll check there
heckelucas
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Digna » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:15 pm

Hello! (first post).

I'm loving the idea of having a Tengwar tattoo for a while now. And i'm planning to get my mother's name because she means the world to me :)

So i was hoping if you were able to translate "Janet" for me. The English way of saying it is fine with me! My favourite font is Tengwar Annatar (the first one).

Also, i want to share some transcribers that i found on the internet. I know that the chance is small that you haven't seen them yet. But you never know!

Tengwar Sindarin transcriber

And this is a more advanced one. But not as user friendly haha.

http://www.squiz.btinternet.co.uk/tengwar.html

Anyways, i used the last one to try and get the name in the Tengwar font. I used Classical mode and vowels were Following Omatehtar. I got the result saved on my pc because this way i can compare it later. I think it would get the same outcome as your translation. But i'm really not sure! I trust you more than the program tbh!

I hope i have provided you with enough info! Mad respect for your service and the time you invest. I'm sure that you made great ink ideas come to life! And there is no hurry with my request! :D
Digna

Tengwar Tattoo for me and my borther

Postby Haldir92 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:52 am

First up, you're doing an awesome work! =)

My brother and I we want to make the same tattoo. The quote I wanted to ask you to translate would be: «two bodies one soul» The English way of saying it is fine with me! in the font: Tengwar Annatar (the first one).

I hope you get to do it ;) Thank you so much and greetings from Switzerland
Haldir92

Postby Isildilmë » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:12 am

Welcome Digna and Haldir92 to the OTTT, the thread where many people pass, but almost none stay !

No problem with your requests... I should do them very shortly, but in the meanwhile, if you see this post, can you tell me if you want Tengwar Annatar regular form or italic form ? The two can be seen in the first image of the font list, on page 1.

Digna, thanks for sharing. I know some automatic transcribers, but not these. The first link you provide doesn't seem to work, but when I click on "about", and on the links that they offer next, I fall on a transcriber I know very well. The second link you just told me about is new for me. It seems more complete, but also more complicated, and someone who doesn't already know how to use Tengwar can easily get confused and get an erroneous result.

What I often do for my transcription : I use one of these automatic transcribers, just as a raw material, and then I correct the result before posting it here... in a majority of cases, some corrections are necessary, as the automatic transcribers are incomplete, and of course cannot replace a human brain (not that my brain is so hot, but well, I guess it's better than a machine ! :D). I'll try your second link from now to see if it's better than what I used before (but anyway I'll double check and correct if necessary, don't worry).
Before posting anything on this thread, READ THE INTRODUCTION. For now, I didn't have the time to update the intro, so I let you read the intro of thread #IV here.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the threads or by email (isildilme@hotmail.com - write "Tengwar" somewhere in the subject in case you fall in my junkmail, because if I don't know, I wont open the message !). Note that I don't accept transcription requests by email, you have to post them here !

Special message : I have now two precious sons. They are my priorities, and an additional explanation for the delays in my answers. I WILL answer you... but you might have to wait. Thank you for your comprehension.
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:27 am

For Jesa : Thanks for the personal story, it’s always interesting for me when people share the reasons behind there request, it gives life to them.
ImageImage

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Digna » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:27 am

Hey, thanks for the reply.

I forgot to specify but i like the italic form the most! :D

Also, you might want to try this one: http://3rin.gs/tengwar with a different browser. I'm not sure why it didn't work tho. Glad the other one is new for you!
Digna

Postby Isildilmë » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:27 am

For AndurilAvenger :

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:31 am

Digna wrote:Hey, thanks for the reply.

I forgot to specify but i like the italic form the most! :D

Also, you might want to try this one: http://3rin.gs/tengwar with a different browser. I'm not sure why it didn't work tho. Glad the other one is new for you!

I fall on the same page, with the same problem. Looks like this :
But I don't see what I can do with it... if I replace the text in the box, it just stays there, there is not button "transcribe" or "ok", etc. and just typing "Enter" on my keyboard makes me change line, and nothing happens.

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Digna » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:05 am

Aw, ok. Here is how it should look.

Digna

Postby Digna » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:06 am

Ups. double post.
Last edited by Digna on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Digna

Postby Isildilmë » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:16 am

then it's not working on all computers ! I tried at home and at work... the transcription seems not too bad using an English transcription mode (Isildilmë doesn't look the same as it is a Quenya name, and transcribed this way)... but I doubt that it would be that good with other letter combinations... and it present the same problem with centering the Tehtar on Lambe... so I guess it's pretty similar to what I knew before, and would need corrections anyway, part of the time (or maybe most of the time !).

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

font

Postby Haldir92 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:51 am

Thank you for the reply!

Italic please :) can u send me the image in HQ? (severin.candrian@gmail.com) :D that would be awesome!
Haldir92

???

Postby caaammm » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:38 pm

Hello, did you see my previous post?

Sorry i'm new on this and wasn't sure whether i posted it correctly or not :lol:
caaammm

Thanks

Postby raiders1991 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:10 pm

Translate Impey in tengway fernando torres style please
raiders1991

Postby kaseraki » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:43 am

hello!! You had done a translation for me a while back for live laugh love and I got it tattooed 2 weeks ago!! It is beautiful- thank you so much for the tattoo!!

Now my friend would like a tattoo in tengwar too!! Could you please translate:

look like a girl
act like a lady
think like a man
work like a boss

and

i am only a whisper away

both of them in tengwar annatar..

Thanks a lot in advance!! :) :) :)
kaseraki

Postby Isildilmë » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:45 am

caaammm, of course I saw it, it's just that I don't want to fill the thread answering "ok, I'll do it" for each request :D. If you can see your post on the thread, I can too, and I'll answer it.

raiders1991, there is no font that is exacly like Torres' tattoo. I suggest you choose a style in the list on page one of this thread (maybe Tengwar annatar italic and Tengwar cursive regular, which can look a bit like his style ?), and then when you have the result you go to see a good tattoo artist and ask him/her to personnalize it like Torres did. What do you think of that ?

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

thx

Postby raiders1991 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:28 pm

sounds great! italic bold 1st choice cursive 2nd
raiders1991

Postby Jazzay » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:03 am

Hi there Isildilmë :D. It's my first proper time on here, but I've read through all the 63 odd pages of this thread and have already created a tattoo using translations you've done for others!

I was wondering if you'd be able to translate something else into Tengwar Annatar for me:

The Stars In Your Eyes Light Up The Skies

It's going to be a tattoo for me and my partner to both get. Many thanks in advance!
Jazzay

Postby Isildilmë » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:40 am

That sounds great Jazzay ! First, it was nice from you, I mean looking first and not just asking me to do something that may have been done before. And it shows a real interest, which always pleasant to me ! Of course I'll do your transcription (and after reading the whole thread, I guess your question about if I'm able to do it is merely rhetoric, hey? :wink:). Don't forget to send me a picture of both tattoos when your done, ok ?

For caaammm :
Good luck for your first tattoo ! You’ll see, it doesn’t hurt that much. Think of sending me a pic after ! Please :D

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:43 am

For Digna : Finally I tested the second link… it doesn’t seem to fit exactly with the transcription mode I use… not that it’s wrong, but as the material is controversial, it uses different points of view. Nevertheless, it’s very similar, and if I read a text written with this transcription mode, I’ll understand perfectly. And many words result the same, as the modes are pretty similar (the name you asked, for example, probably was ok with this automatic transcriber).

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:44 am

For Haldir92 : The HQ version was sent by email as asked :D

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Jesa » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:36 pm

Isildilmë wrote:For Jesa : Thanks for the personal story, it’s always interesting for me when people share the reasons behind there request, it gives life to them.
ImageImage

Thank-you so, so so much!!!!
Jesa

Postby Digna » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:49 pm

Isildilmë wrote:Image

I love it!! It's perfect!

I had the vowels following Omatehtar tho. The rest looked the same indeed!

Thank you very much!! <3
Digna

Postby heckelucas » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:17 pm

Isildilmë,

i already got the translation to quenya on the topic you told me to look.

if it's not ask you to much, i want the phrase in this fonts, just to make sure wich one i will choose (:

tengwar quenya normal
tengwar eldammar normal
tengwar annatar normal and italic

this is the phrase

I téra quen, I raica lúmë
I téra lúmë, I raica quen

as i said in the other topic, you're doing a AWSOME job man!

thank you so far.
heckelucas

:D

Postby caaammm » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:26 pm

Thankyou so much! Looks amazing!

Should get it done at the start of the new year and I will definately send you a pic :)
caaammm

Postby natina22 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:48 pm

Hola, me podrías traducir estos dos nombres en Tengwar cursive

Nahui-Joaqui

Muchas gracias :)
natina22

I would looove it if you would transcribe a few names for me

Postby theesammalamma » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:06 pm

Three names: Samantha, Giovanni, and Azad
They are in different languages, but I'd like you to treat them as English and just directly translate them.
Tengwar Annatar, please!
Just make it a long flowing script, if possible having the letters connected? I suppose that means Italics?

Thank you so much! If you could please send it to my e-mail (theesammalamma@gmail.com), otherwise I'll just check back here periodically for it.

You are amazing for running this, I've been desperate for an 'expert' to help me out, I've tried translating myself but I'm always afraid it's wrong and my tattoo will be ruined.

Much love!
- Samantha Dennis
theesammalamma

Please do these words for me

Postby bobboe1993 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:23 am

I would like them done in italic.

Believe
Virtue
Faith
Strength
bobboe1993

Postby natina22 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:08 am

natina22 wrote:Hola, me podrías traducir estos dos nombres en Tengwar cursive y Tengwar annatar normal

Nahui-Joaqui

Muchas gracias :)
natina22

PreviousNext

Return to Language