READ ONLY-Official TENGWAR Transcriptions(and TATTOOS)-III

Tolkien's worlds were birthed out of his love of language and his work at creating new ones. Enter into discussions surrounding Tolkien's languages.

Postby Isildilmë » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:53 am

Jesa, Digna, caaammm, I'm happy you like the results ! Don't forget the pictures :nono: :D

heckelucas, it's perfect, with all these details the transcription will be almost too easy to do :)

theesammalamma, same for you, thanks for the details, I wouldn't have known how to treat them without this precision. And as I always said, I'm not really an official expert, but I made many researches (like you, but for a long time and with many sources), I practice a lot (definitly !) and I gained experience with Tengwar, so I'm very confident with the results. For now I'll do yours only with Tengwar Annatar italic, but if you doubt have another look on page one... there may have others that look connected that you'ld like (like Greifswalder).

bobboe1993, no problem.

natina22, perfecto tambien : puedo tratarlos como nombres espanoles ? Me parecen quiza mas como aztecas o de otro pueblo nativo de Suramerica (lo siento si me equivoco, no conozco mucho esos dialectos !)... Estoy casi segura que no hay inscrucciones para transcribir esos lenguages en Tengwar, pero si puedo tratarlos como espanoles o como de un otro idioma mas "comun", entonces si sera bastante facil. Dime lo que piensas...
Concerning the Official Tengwar Transcription Thread - VI
To all the newbees, Welcome to TORC !
Before posting anything on this thread, READ THE INTRODUCTION. For now, I didn't have the time to update the intro, so I let you read the intro of thread #IV here.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the threads or by email (isildilme@hotmail.com - write "Tengwar" somewhere in the subject in case you fall in my junkmail, because if I don't know, I wont open the message !). Note that I don't accept transcription requests by email, you have to post them here !

You can address yourself to me in French, Spanish or English as you wish.

Special message : I have now two precious sons. They are my priorities, and an additional explanation for the delays in my answers. I WILL answer you... but you might have to wait. Thank you for your comprehension.
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:59 am

For raiders1991 : I did it with Tengwar Annatar italic+bold and in Tengwar Cursive regular. I also show you a version with just the border, to give you an idea (of course, there are superpositions so the result is not so good looking, but it can be a good starting point).
Before posting anything on this thread, READ THE INTRODUCTION. For now, I didn't have the time to update the intro, so I let you read the intro of thread #IV here.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the threads or by email (isildilme@hotmail.com - write "Tengwar" somewhere in the subject in case you fall in my junkmail, because if I don't know, I wont open the message !). Note that I don't accept transcription requests by email, you have to post them here !

Special message : I have now two precious sons. They are my priorities, and an additional explanation for the delays in my answers. I WILL answer you... but you might have to wait. Thank you for your comprehension.
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

For kaseraki : I’ll be waiting for pictures of all the results !

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

For Jazzay :

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby natina22 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:01 am

gracias por la respuesta! Nahui viene de Nahuel que es un nombre aborigen Argentino (mapuche) y Joaqui de Joaquin que es español. Espero que te sirva la explicación, son para un tatuaje.
Muuuuchas gracias!!!! :)
natina22
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Isildilmë » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:13 am

Como no creo que alguien haya hecho un modo de transcripcion para mapuche (!), haré la transcripcion con mi modo para espanol, lo que parece lo mas logico (mas que con el modo para inglés o otro idioma !).

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby natina22 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:18 am

perfecto! muchas gracias!
natina22

Postby nbairner1 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:05 pm

Hi there Isildilme! First time I've ever been on this kind of thing so forgive any mistakes I make! Loving all the work you're doing, it's incredible! And all for free! Some other idiot tried to charge me £30!

Was wondering if you could transcribe, " When life gives you lemons, just say f*ck the lemons and bail", obviously with a 'u' in place of the '*'!

Sorry for the bad language! In tengwar annatar italic, and if it's not too much trouble bold+italic too!

Cheers!
nbairner1

Postby flyingduster » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:51 am

Isildilmë! I have had my baby; a darling wee boy. So both me and my husband will be getting the tattoo you transcribed for us of 'Caleb Ross'! It won't be until the new year at least, as money and time is in short supply right now though. lol.
This is a photo of Caleb that I took this afternoon so you can see him anyway (he is 6 weeks old now) http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/ ... G_3904.jpg

I do have an additional request; inside both our wedding rings is engraved
"Love, laughter and loud noises"

Could you transcribe this in the Tengwar Annatar font, in bold italic?

I have plans of adding it to the tattoo of Calebs name. And I will be sure to come back and show you a photo of our finished tatts when we get them done! :)

Thank you for all your work!!
flyingduster

Translation please to tangwar anattar itallic

Postby Terri » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:31 am

Hi

Well thank you soooo much for helping me javascript:emoticon(':yippie:')
So happy that I can get my tatoo once I receive your translation

The name Francis is English and Andre Wolfswinkel to.

Have a great day !!!!'
Terri
Terri

Postby Isildilmë » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:26 am

nbairner1 : ouch, to write such terrible words with Tengwar sounds like a blasphemy... well, it's already a blasphemy by itself, but seems worst, if you see what I mean ! But I can do it, of course. And don't be that hurry in judging, he/she was probably right charging you... The previous transcriber here did the same, asking people to email her to ask for charging methods for she was stoping to do it for free... and I should do that, many people send me messages to suggest it and everything... even charging 10$ for each transcription, I would have gained many thousands of $ (if there was as much requests, of course), and it would be logical with all the time I spent on transcriptions for people that often don't seem to ever come back to see the result (they ask, and go ! Why are they asking, as they don't seem to care at all ? If they were paying, this kind of problem would be solved !), or that don't seem to know how to spell "thank you"... of course not all of you act this way, and that is obviously why I continue... but people who charge for the same service are not necessarely wrong to do it. They offer a service that worth something, and they ask for it.

flyingduster : thanks for sharing this picture with us ! What a beautiful little angel Caleb is ! And no problem for the second transcription !

Terri, you made it !... but I think your requests were longer when you were not here... you were also asking for some phrases... as you don't repete them here, I'll guess you decided to go only for the two names... if it's not the case, please tell me the final phrases you also want !
Last edited by Isildilmë on Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:26 am

For heckelucas : Here they are ! Hope you like them. The fonts are in the order you asked.

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:27 am

For theesammalamma : the result was also sent to your email too, as asked.
ImageImageImage

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:27 am

For bobboe1993 : Some of these words had been done here earlier, but as some where new (just “virtue”, in fact !), I post them all again here.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:28 am

For natina22 : Aqui lo tienes… no fue facil por culpa de la tengwa para “h”, sobre la cual es dificil poner los simbolos, pero creo que me la arreglé bastante bien para ponerlo y que todavia paresca bien. El modo de transcripcion para espanol que utilizo fue propuesto por el Instituto Lingüístico Lambenor, que se dedica a las lenguas de Tolkien... entonces no viene de Tolkien mismo, pero me parece muy bien construido y respecta lo que Tolkien dejo de un lado y las particularidades del idioma espanol de otro lado. Entonces me parece bien utilizarlo.

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Jip I made it

Postby Terri » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:45 am

Hi.
Yes this is the final phrases please. Thank you once again. Terri
Past can"t be changed. Future can't be seen. Presen timet always constant.

Till we meet again. Francis. Therese. Andre Wolfswinkel.
All tangwar annatar italic please.
Terri

Re: Jip I made it

Postby Isildilmë » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:05 pm

Terri wrote:Hi.
Yes this is the final phrases please. Thank you once again. Terri
Past can"t be changed. Future can't be seen. Presen timet always constant.

All tangwar annatar italic please.

Scuse me with my boring questions again... but do you want me to transcribe them all together like this, or to separe the names, etc. ?

Option 1, as you wrote them :
Past can't be changed. Future can't be seen. Presen timet always constant.
and

or

Option 2, separated :
Past can't be changed.
Future can't be seen.
Presen timet always constant.
Till we meet again.
Francis
Therese
Andre Wolfswinkel

Sorry to bother, I just want to be sure I do the good thing for you :D

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby natina22 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:57 pm

Isildilmë muchas gracias una vez mas por el trabajo que te tomás con tanta dedicación y sin lucrar de ello.
No se que se siente saber que muchos de nosotros vamos a llevar por siempre en un tatto tu trabajo pero debe ser bueno!
Quedaron muy lindos los nombres y prometo subir fotos del tatto cuando lo tenga. Saludos :)
natina22

Postby SkaffaGiraffa » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:26 pm

Hi Isildilmë :)

I was wondering if you could put the following 2 things into Tengwar Annatar (Italic style),

1. Time will tell

2. Reversal

I'm really crazy about this style, i'm getting a tattoo when i have decided which one it's gonna be :)

Sorry for my bad English though, thanks in advance from the Netherlands!
You're a hero!
SkaffaGiraffa

Tattoo

Postby cocofruzza » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:04 pm

All this time i have been making a new topic not a reply! finally i now realise! i was wondering if it was possible for you to transcribe "Not all tears are an evil" into Tengwar Quenya (normal). Thankyou so much!!!
cocofruzza

Postby Jazzay » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:20 pm

Thank you so much Isildilmë! It looks brilliant.

I'll upload the pictures of the tattoo's when I get them done :D

Would you also be able to translate two names for me into Tengwar Annatar? Well, two nicknames :D

Jazzay

Pattay

Thank you again in advance!
Jazzay

Postby raiders1991 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:12 pm

Thanks a lot! if you would mind could you do Alexander in Tengwar Annatar italic+bold? much appreciated
raiders1991

Postby Terri » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:54 am

Hi

Yes they are all separate phrases sorry here they are

1. past can't be changed
future can't be seen
present time always constant

2. Till we meet again

3. Francis (French)

4. Therése (German)

5. Andre Wolfswinkel (name French - surname Dutch)

Thank you once again javascript:emoticon(':)')
Can;t wait
javascript:emoticon(':yippie:')
Terri

Postby Isildilmë » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:04 am

Terri wrote:3. Francis (French)

4. Therése (German)

5. Andre Wolfswinkel (name French - surname Dutch)

eeeeeh first you tell me to treat the names as English, and now this... You'll have to decide ! I don't need to know the exact origin of the names in fact, I need to know how you perceive them... for example, if the Francis you're thinking of speaks English, or pronunces his name in English, better to treat his name as English... but if he's French, or has French roots that are important to him (or to you), then we can treat his name as French... or as the transcriptions are for you, if your language is English, maybe you want all of the names to be treated as English... It's also kind of strange to have a name transcribed half as French and half as Dutch ! I can do it, but normally people choose.

And are you sure that the accent is well placed in "Therése" ? I never saw it this way, only "Therese" in many languages or "Thérèse" when in French. But you are the one who knows what you want, after all !

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:06 am

SkaffaGiraffa wrote:Hi Isildilmë :)

I was wondering if you could put the following 2 things into Tengwar Annatar (Italic style),

1. Time will tell

2. Reversal

I'm really crazy about this style, i'm getting a tattoo when i have decided which one it's gonna be :)

You're a hero!

there is no problem (and thanks for the compliment, lol), but if English is not your language, are you sure you want a tattoo in English (even if the lettering will be Elvish) ? If you tell me the quote in your language (and precise the language), I may do it directly into Tengwar... but if you prefer English, I'll do it that way.

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Hi Again

Postby Terri » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:21 am

Hi

Oh yes these names are all English I thought you wanted origin
Francis
Therése
Andre Wolfswinkel
javascript:emoticon(':oops:')

Yes the spelling of Therése is correct as this is my name.
javascript:emoticon('8)')

Lokking forward to hear from you.
Terri
Terri

Postby Isildilmë » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:30 am

ups, sorry, it's really the first time I see it spelled that way ! :D
Now everything is perfectly clear for me, you'll have that soon.

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby SkaffaGiraffa » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:50 am

Isildilmë wrote:
SkaffaGiraffa wrote:Hi Isildilmë :)

1. Time will tell

2. Reversal

You're a hero!

there is no problem (and thanks for the compliment, lol), but if English is not your language, are you sure you want a tattoo in English (even if the lettering will be Elvish) ? If you tell me the quote in your language (and precise the language), I may do it directly into Tengwar... but if you prefer English, I'll do it that way.

Hi again :)

yeah i'm sure i want the tattoo in English, with the lettering in Elvish ofcourse. :lol: In my own language (Dutch) the meaning of time will tell is similar to English. They both have the same meaning. And i picked reversal too, because that word perfectly describes what i want as a tattoo :)
I don't know yet which one i'm gonna pick, that depends on the Tengwar designs 8)

thanks for your care, i appreciate it!
SkaffaGiraffa

Postby AdventureTimeSUP » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:59 pm

Hi Isildilmë!

Could you transcribe:

"God commands my destiny"

I don't completely understand the differences in the languages but Can it be written in Sindarin? If so, that's what I would like.
That'd be much appreciated! Thank you!
AdventureTimeSUP

Postby Isildilmë » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:10 am

AdventureTimeSUP wrote:Hi Isildilmë!

Could you transcribe:

"God commands my destiny"

I don't completely understand the differences in the languages but Can it be written in Sindarin? If so, that's what I would like.
That'd be much appreciated! Thank you!

Of course, but not here :)
For that you have to post your request as a reply at the Official Sindarin Translation thread (click on the link). When you have the answer, you copy it here, asking for a transcription into Tengwar and precising that the sentence is in Sindarin (it's important). You can also precise the font you want (see my first post of this thread).

edit : oh ! I see you posted on the Sindarin thread right after here ! Well then it's perfect, just do the rest ! :D
Last edited by Isildilmë on Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

PreviousNext

Return to Language