Helpful

Tolkien's worlds were birthed out of his love of language and his work at creating new ones. Enter into discussions surrounding Tolkien's languages.

Helpful

Postby ElizebethKerr » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:32 pm

Hello,
I just stumbled across this site and have now been on it for 4 hours looking through pages and pages of translations. This is an amazingly helpful website and I think it’s great how people are ready to lend a helping hand in this stuff. I just made an account and was hoping someone could help me out with two translations.

May it be
This too shall pass
I’m sorry if they have already been done at all but I’ve looked through over 80 pages and haven’t found them yet. If they have if anyone could direct me to the previous post that would also be really helpful.

Thanks so much for your help
ElizebethKerr
Petitioner to the Council

Postby SilverScribe » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:08 pm

Welcome to TORC, Elizebeth.

First of all, what do you want the phrases translated INTO? Sindarin? Quenyan? Or do you want them transcribed into Tengwar?

For each of your choices, there's an "Official" thread stickied to the top of this forum. Just post your request in the appropriate thread, and a translator or transcriber will be able to help you out. :)

:D:D:D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Return to Language