Official TENGWAR Transcription Thread (and TATTOOS) - V

Tolkien's worlds were birthed out of his love of language and his work at creating new ones. Enter into discussions surrounding Tolkien's languages.

Official TENGWAR Transcription Thread (and TATTOOS) - V

Postby Isildilmë » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:44 am

Hi everybody and welcome to OTTT #5 !

I didn't have the time to update my introduction, so I'll ask every new poster to read the intro of the OTTT #4 before posting something.

Don't repeat the requests that were post in the last thread, I have them in note, and I'll put the transcriptions here when they are ready.

This thread is locked. Please visit the new Official Tengwar Thread VI
Last edited by Isildilmë on Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Concerning the Official Tengwar Transcription Thread - VI
To all the newbees, Welcome to TORC !
Before posting anything on this thread, READ THE INTRODUCTION. For now, I didn't have the time to update the intro, so I let you read the intro of thread #IV here.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the threads or by email (isildilme@hotmail.com - write "Tengwar" somewhere in the subject in case you fall in my junkmail, because if I don't know, I wont open the message !). Note that I don't accept transcription requests by email, you have to post them here !

You can address yourself to me in French, Spanish or English as you wish.

Special message : I have now two precious sons. They are my priorities, and an additional explanation for the delays in my answers. I WILL answer you... but you might have to wait. Thank you for your comprehension.
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Re: Official Tengwar Transcription Thread (and TATTOOS) - V

Postby WarpHead » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:47 pm

Sorry if this has already been requested, I couldn't find it.

Despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt

It is in English, and I would like it in Tengwar Annatar, and Tengwar Annatar bold please.

Thank you so much!
WarpHead
Petitioner to the Council

Re: Official TENGWAR Transcription Thread (and TATTOOS) - V

Postby Almatolmen » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:41 pm

V! Wow, that's remarkable!
Almatolmen
Mariner

Postby SUMMERISHEARTS » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:13 am

Keep your heart strong

In English, in Tengwar Cursive (R) and Tengwar Eldamar (R) please and thanks!
SUMMERISHEARTS

Postby Isildilmë » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:14 am

Almatolmen wrote:V! Wow, that's remarkable!

I'm impressed myself to be at that point !

What is a lot less remarkable is that I didn't fill my promess of last week end... I realised that I hadn't send my Xmas cards, and that I was absolutely not ready to receive my whole family on the 24th, and that I was obliged to put these in priority before completing the requests and posting them. I also didn't know that we would have so much snow and that I would need to quit for work that early in the morning, so it is impossible to work on that before I go. Shame on me, I'm really sorry. I have still much to do, but I hope to have these done before the new year. Again, sorry, I should have analyzed all of this before saying that I was ready !

For the two new request, it's noted ! And Warp, don't worry, this has not been asked yet :)
Before posting anything on this thread, READ THE INTRODUCTION. For now, I didn't have the time to update the intro, so I let you read the intro of thread #IV here.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the threads or by email (isildilme@hotmail.com - write "Tengwar" somewhere in the subject in case you fall in my junkmail, because if I don't know, I wont open the message !). Note that I don't accept transcription requests by email, you have to post them here !

Special message : I have now two precious sons. They are my priorities, and an additional explanation for the delays in my answers. I WILL answer you... but you might have to wait. Thank you for your comprehension.
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby acinomonica » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:51 am

Hi!

Please, please, please transcribe this into Tengwar Annatar (R) and Tengwar Cursive (R):

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.

I'm planning to have this tattooed on New Year's eve. Thanks a lot!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS! :)
acinomonica

Postby kigerms » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:12 pm

Hello Sir
Please transcribe the sentence "han mathon ne nen" for me in the tengwar 04. I would appreciate that much.

Thank you
KIGERMS
kigerms

Postby Alexzander123 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:16 pm

Great work done all these years. I would be most grateful for the tengwar annatar cursive transcription of Alexander. I looked through the various threads and could not find this so apologies in advance if it has already been shared.

Many thanks for your diligence in helping people out with this.
Alexzander123

Postby kigerms » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:54 am

kigerms wrote:Hello Sir
Please transcribe the sentences "I amar prestar aen" and "han mathon ne nen" for me in the tengwar 04. I would appreciate that much.

Thank you
KIGERMS
kigerms

Postby Gladhaniel » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:11 am

Just a note for Isildilmë, in case you don't know it: kigerms' sentences are in Sindarin. :)
Gladhaniel
Rider of the Mark

Postby kigerms » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:09 am

Gladhaniel wrote:Just a note for Isildilmë, in case you don't know it: kigerms' sentences are in Sindarin. :)

It was my fault. Please delete the first one. I know that the sentences were spoken in Sindarin. And I love the meaning of it.
Does Sindarin use tengwar as the letters? Please let me know thank you.

Apologize for posting it twice

KIGERMS
kigerms

Postby SavannahHenderson » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:13 am

Could you transcribe the Sindarin words Glass and Gell into the following: Tengwar Annatar (normal), Tengwar Sindarin (normal & italic), & Tengwar Cursive (normal).
Thanks!
SavannahHenderson

Postby SavannahHenderson » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:13 am

Could you transcribe the Sindarin words Glass and Gell into the following: Tengwar Annatar (normal), Tengwar Sindarin (normal & italic), & Tengwar Cursive (normal).
Thanks!
SavannahHenderson

Postby acinomonica » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:49 pm

acinomonica wrote:Hi!

Please, please, please transcribe this into Tengwar Annatar (R) and Tengwar Cursive (R):

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.

I'm planning to have this tattooed on New Year's eve. Thanks a lot!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS! :)

I asked my artist and he prefers Tengwar Annatar (I-B), please disregard my first request. I apologize.

And thanks in advance! :lol:
acinomonica

Postby krazieclown » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:15 am

Don't you draw the queen of diamonds boy She'll beat you if she's able
You know the queen of hearts is always your best bet
TA-R Tengwar Annatar Regular
i know it comes out to be two lines but i want it like that cause thats the way my tattoo is gonna come out and dont want to mix words up or mess it up after i print if off
krazieclown

Postby Anne-Marie1984 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:21 am

Hello!

Could you please translate the following phrases in Tengwar Annatar, Italic and in Italic+Bold? I would be most greatful!!

Behind all clouds rides the sun

Enjoy the little things in life
For one day you may realize they were the big things

Kiss slowly
Love truly

Let love rule

Thanks a lot in advance!

Regards,
Anne-Marie (from Holland)
Last edited by Anne-Marie1984 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anne-Marie1984

Postby Isildilmë » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:25 am

kigerms wrote:Does Sindarin use tengwar as the letters? Please let me know thank you.

Of course, the Tengwar can be used (and have been widely used) to write Sindarin. Gladhaniel precised they were in Sindarin because this is important for the transcription : the Tengwar don't have the same values from a language to another.
kigerms wrote:Please transcribe the sentences "I amar prestar aen" and "han mathon ne nen" for me in the tengwar 04. I would appreciate that much.

Are you sure you want it in Tengwar 04 ? This font is in the list of fonts I try not to use because it's a bit incomplete and not very user-friendly. If my memory is good, the way it was designed results in weird spaces and impossibility to have the symbols centered with the tengwar. If you really insist to have this font, I'll have a try, but I can't warranty the result will look nice. Did you read the intro of the OTTT-4 ? The link is in the first post of this thread, and you have the list of my fonts in that link. Tell me what you decide.

I saw all the requests, and they will all be answered in time... but I can't warranty a date for those who already have their appointment... I have a life too, you know.

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:32 am

I'm so very sorry for the delays, group ! But now that my Christmas party is done, I should have a bit more time... here you go with a few transcriptions, for example !

For
Gatelina : Here is a transcriptions made with a mode adaptated to Bulgarian and corresponding to the Cyrillic version of the name.

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:32 am

Let Stay in Bulgarian and clear this now :) :

For
p124 :
As for Gatelina, I used the cyrillic version of the name to transcribe it.
What is funny is that as I told you before, I made this mode myself. There was only one or two letters I had to “invent” (adapt because there is no equivalent as far as I know in official modes like English), but I’m really happy and satisfied with the result.
And then I remembered that I had the impression I saw another mode than the “not that good” one I had before. So I searched in my stuff, and I found it. It’s a page in Bulgarian, and I had a hard time decoding everything when I first used it long ago. So I did it again, and I realised that what they propose is exactly the same as what I proposed ! Except for that “invention” of mine, they invented something different, also logical, but different. I don’t know what I’ll choose between the two, but for now it’s not important as it is not a letter of your request :).
But it prooves how logical was my mode, and that is a pretty good new !

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:33 am

For salorvenus02 : Here you go ! I hope your pregnancy goes well !

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:33 am

For Harondor : As I told you, I didn’t use an official punctuation for the hyphen before the “source” closing the quote, but I opted for what corresponded the best for aesthetical purposes.
Image Click on the image for regular size

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:34 am

For Eatenflesh : Here are the two words, written according to the two usages with Sindarin, and in the three fonts you asked. And you have still time before the date you mentionned to think of your choice !

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:35 am

For AlyxPayne : I did all the languages, as I knew I would have the time for it. After all, you, Dhani and Xand took the time to make it translate, I can finish the work so it wasn’t translated for nothing.
I realised that you asked for a different font for every languages… I wonder if it’s because you think that if something is in Sindarin, we should use TS, and the same for Quenya and TQ ? These are just font names. You can use anyone to write any language. So in case, I also used the TA-I+B that you asked for English for the other ones. I also did them with the fonts that you specifically asked.
As you asked for the two sentences in one, I did the same for Sindarin and Quenya, adding the “and”.

Sindarin :

Quenya :

I hope to have others for you tomorrow ! Depends on the snow !

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby kigerms » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:38 am

Isildilmë wrote:
kigerms wrote:Does Sindarin use tengwar as the letters? Please let me know thank you.

Of course, the Tengwar can be used (and have been widely used) to write Sindarin. Gladhaniel precised they were in Sindarin because this is important for the transcription : the Tengwar don't have the same values from a language to another.
kigerms wrote:Please transcribe the sentences "I amar prestar aen" and "han mathon ne nen" for me in the tengwar 04. I would appreciate that much.

Are you sure you want it in Tengwar 04 ? This font is in the list of fonts I try not to use because it's a bit incomplete and not very user-friendly. If my memory is good, the way it was designed results in weird spaces and impossibility to have the symbols centered with the tengwar. If you really insist to have this font, I'll have a try, but I can't warranty the result will look nice. Did you read the intro of the OTTT-4 ? The link is in the first post of this thread, and you have the list of my fonts in that link. Tell me what you decide.

I saw all the requests, and they will all be answered in time... but I can't warranty a date for those who already have their appointment... I have a life too, you know.

Okay, Tengwar Cursive [I] [B] is choosen.
I appreciated that.
kigerms

All that is gold does not glitter

Postby Pais3930 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:21 am

Hi there, if it wouldn't be to much trouble could i have this quote in Tengwar Annatar and Tengwar Cursive with Italic and Italic Bold? Thank you! :)

All that is gold does not glitter
Not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither
Deep roots are not reached by the frost

From the ashes a fire shall be woken
A light from the shadows shall spring
Renewed shall be blade that was broken
The crownless again shall be king
Pais3930

Postby AlyxPayne » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:12 pm

I cannot even describe my gratitude, there aren't enough words. But, thank you, a thousand times thank you. You're a true generous spirit, I'll forever appreciate your hard work :)
AlyxPayne

Postby Isildilmë » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:22 pm

AlyxPayne wrote:I cannot even describe my gratitude, there aren't enough words. But, thank you, a thousand times thank you. You're a true generous spirit, I'll forever appreciate your hard work :)

How nice is this !! Do I deserve such wonderful compliments ? really ? :) Thank you for commenting, I feel how important this is for you. Don't forget to send me a picture ! You can email me to let me know how things are going.

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby AlyxPayne » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:27 pm

You do indeed deserve such compliments :) the tattoo has had to be put off for a year, I see the same tattoo artist when I go to America every year, I won't use anyone else! He's a huge Tolkien fan and I wouldn't want to deprive him of this tattoo :) but I will definitely keep you updated, and you'll be the first to see pictures of the finished product when it's finally done. Thank you ever so much once again :)
AlyxPayne

Postby tirah » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:07 pm

Hi :)
I would love to see how my name "Alexandra" would look like in Tengwar. I've been trying to figure it out myself, but i'd rather get it from a pro! ;)
Thank you very much!
tirah

Postby Silmarwen Lossëhelin » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:18 am

Hullo :) I would love to have this text for my tattoo.

No one else can ever possess my heart. Ever mine, ever thine, ever ours. Silmarwen Lossëhelin

Night of January the fourteenth , the year 2012.

The fonts are Tengar Annatar Regular & Italic ,and Tengar Parmaite regular & Italic.

Thank you very much,Happy Holidays :) :) :)
Silmarwen Lossëhelin

Next

Return to Language