Official TENGWAR Transcription Thread (and TATTOOS) - V

Tolkien's worlds were birthed out of his love of language and his work at creating new ones. Enter into discussions surrounding Tolkien's languages.

Re: Official TENGWAR Transcription Thread (and TATTOOS) - V

Postby slowly » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:26 am

Isildilmë, je ne vais pas me gêner alors ! :)

Je suis parti sur une base d'anglais car je préfère les lire et entendre dans cette langue.
Ok pour ajouter les guillemets, je suis curieux de voir ce que cela va donner.

Merci beaucoup pour ton aide.
slowly
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Isildilmë » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:34 am

En fait pour les guillemets j'avais compris que c'est ce que tu demandais, non ? C'est pas mon initiative ! haha
Si j'ai mal compris on oublie !
Concerning the Official Tengwar Transcription Thread - VI
To all the newbees, Welcome to TORC !
Before posting anything on this thread, READ THE INTRODUCTION. For now, I didn't have the time to update the intro, so I let you read the intro of thread #IV here.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the threads or by email (isildilme@hotmail.com - write "Tengwar" somewhere in the subject in case you fall in my junkmail, because if I don't know, I wont open the message !). Note that I don't accept transcription requests by email, you have to post them here !

You can address yourself to me in French, Spanish or English as you wish.

Special message : I have now two precious sons. They are my priorities, and an additional explanation for the delays in my answers. I WILL answer you... but you might have to wait. Thank you for your comprehension.
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby slowly » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:45 am

Je ne le demandais pas forcément à vrai dire, j'ai dû mal m'exprimer pardon !
On à qu'à partir sans, comme mon idée initiale. :)
slowly

Postby Isildilmë » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:39 am

Parfait Slowly !

Now a few transcriptions !

For Jo861128 : I’m sorry, I forgot that the numbers are not available in TC, so I only did the other fonts.

Image Image

Image Click on the image for regular size

For the 2 with duodecimal system, I show you 2 options : on the left you have a dot under the numbers, and on the right it’s a line. You can also decide to put neither dots or lines. It’s used in part to show in which system they are (as you saw above, in decimal system it’s a dot above).

Before posting anything on this thread, READ THE INTRODUCTION. For now, I didn't have the time to update the intro, so I let you read the intro of thread #IV here.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the threads or by email (isildilme@hotmail.com - write "Tengwar" somewhere in the subject in case you fall in my junkmail, because if I don't know, I wont open the message !). Note that I don't accept transcription requests by email, you have to post them here !

Special message : I have now two precious sons. They are my priorities, and an additional explanation for the delays in my answers. I WILL answer you... but you might have to wait. Thank you for your comprehension.
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:40 am

For BonitaNeal777 :

Image Image Image

MariaDS, it would be your turn, but you didn't answer me, so...

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:41 am

For Kidogo :

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:41 am

For alexandria :

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:42 am

For Cosmicelfvampyress :

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:42 am

For bship :

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:43 am

For bionic_gandalf :

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby dihlops » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:52 pm

Hi!
I'm sorry, I looked for it everywhere but I couldn't find it :(
I looked online before bothering you, because the word is very simple, but as it is a tattoo I'm so afraid of doing something totally wrong.
My mom and dad are Tolkien fanatic and I was brought up with all the books. I've recently been through some tough times and wanted to tattoo the Quenyan word/verb Ëa. Would you please transcribe it for me?
In a regular font :)
Would it be possible to do it in two different fonts so I can see which one goes better? In Tengwar Annatar and Galvorn?
Thank you so so so so much and sorry for all the trouble!
xx
dihlops

Postby bionic_gandalf » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:35 am

Thank you so much Isildilmë :) I love it, I can't wait to get the tattoo! :)
bionic_gandalf

Postby Jo861128 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:36 pm

Isildilmë wrote:Parfait Slowly !

Now a few transcriptions !

For Jo861128 : I’m sorry, I forgot that the numbers are not available in TC, so I only did the other fonts.

Image Image

For the 2 with duodecimal system, I show you 2 options : on the left you have a dot under the numbers, and on the right it’s a line. You can also decide to put neither dots or lines. It’s used in part to show in which system they are (as you saw above, in decimal system it’s a dot above).

Thank you so much for your effort Isildilmë~! :love:
Jo861128

Postby Ave.cesaria » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:11 am

Hi everyone! I've been trying and looking everywhere to get translated numbers in Tengwar because I wanted to get them tattooed but first I want to make sure they are correct. Can anyone help me with the numbers nine and fourteen? Thanks!! :?
Ave.cesaria

Postby Altarielle » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:06 am

Dear Isildilmë,
thanks a lot for your help.
I corrected my mistakes.

But I am a little bit confused. I tried to transcribe "Live every day like it was the last". I checked my handwritten transcription with an online translator ransackery posted.
The result was totaly different.
Maybe you could transcripe the sentence for me?
Could you also transcripe "hope", "love" and "family" for me?

I would like to get everything in Tengwar Annatar Italic Bold.

Thank you so much.

Greetings to you little family.
I hope everyone is doing fine.

Greetings from Germany.

Altarielle
Altarielle

Postby Isildilmë » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:01 am

Ave.cesaria, sure I can help. There are many ways to use numbers in Tengwar, and one of the reasons for this is that the common usage of numbers in Elves was the duodecimal system. We can write "9" and "14" directly, with the decimal system like what we use normally, or we can transfer them in duodecimal, so they become "9" and "12". What do you prefer ?
Edit : note that in both cases, the order of the numbers in the Tengwar transcription will be inverted because this is how numbers are written in Tengwar, so "14" is written "41", etc.

Altarielle, no problem. You can also send me your attemps by email, and I could "draw" on them with Paint and send them back to you :) Should be faster that way.

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:04 am

For kdickson12 :

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:05 am

For candenizli4 :

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:05 am

For atyarwen :

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:09 am

For jamestaylorx : I decided to add a question mark at the end of the first line, as it’s a question… if you prefer to remove it, just erase the last symbol (which looks like a “B”) of the first line :)

I sent them to your email too.

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:09 am

For Aredhel Ar-Feiniel :

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:21 am

Oh, I forgot to answer to dihlops : no problem, I did this before, but probably not in these fonts, so I'll just change it.

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby dihlops » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:24 pm

Isildilmë!
Thank you so much! :)
I'll wait for it than!
dihlops

Postby atyarwen » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:58 pm

Thanks! I asked him to send me a picture when its ready...☺
atyarwen

Postby Ave.cesaria » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:12 am

Thanks so much for the reply Isildilmë! I think I would prefer the duodecimal system since that was used by the Elves rather than the decimal system we use. I think it would make for a better tattoo since it's more thought out. I just want it to read accurately. Could you do both for me, if you don't mind? Again, thanks a bunch!

Isildilmë wrote:Ave.cesaria, sure I can help. There are many ways to use numbers in Tengwar, and one of the reasons for this is that the common usage of numbers in Elves was the duodecimal system. We can write "9" and "14" directly, with the decimal system like what we use normally, or we can transfer them in duodecimal, so they become "9" and "12". What do you prefer ?
Edit : note that in both cases, the order of the numbers in the Tengwar transcription will be inverted because this is how numbers are written in Tengwar, so "14" is written "41", etc.

Altarielle, no problem. You can also send me your attemps by email, and I could "draw" on them with Paint and send them back to you :) Should be faster that way.[/color]
Last edited by Ave.cesaria on Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ave.cesaria

Postby Aredhel Ar-Feiniel » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:37 am

Thank you, Isildilmë! I have been doing a bit of studying and have a small transcription of my own that I would love for you to help me proofread, I will post it tonight. :)

Edit:
This is supposed to say "Elleth Alfirin Edhelhael" (Sindarin), is this correct?

Thank you! :)
Aredhel Ar-Feiniel
Citizen of Imladris

Postby CPrice91 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:28 am

Hi again Isildilmë!

So I have a somewhat odd request...Would it be alright with you to transcribe a certain phrase of Norwegian profanity? :P

I certainly understand if not - in which case I wondered if you could point me to a mode for Norwegian? (Or is Swedish close enough in pronunciation to just use that mode?)
CPrice91

Postby rpsantos » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:27 am

Hey there,

If you could, I'd like some transcriptions for Tengwar Cursive and Tengwar Quenya. (both in italic + bold)

If I'm not going to bother you, I'd like both names that you translate into quenya for me (Raphael and Rayssa).

Also, with you could do the same for these names in quenya, I'd be very glad. ( Envinyanta Erunen, Eru envinyatië, Lótë carnë, Condo and Cáno )

I think everything is in order. Really appreciate the help and thanks in advance.
rpsantos
Citizen of Imladris

Postby evarist » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:36 am

Thank you very much for your great work Isildilmë.

Could you please transcribe "Tu me manques" et "Dzuy Khanh-Ngoc Ly", "Je pense donc je suis" in TA-I and TEca-R.

Thanks.
evarist

Another request

Postby Eloquentia » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:27 am

Hi Isildimë!
I hope you and your little guy are well! I'd hoped you could help me out with another transcription:

Joanne

TA in R, I, R-B and I-B

Thank you so much in advance! :)
Eloquentia

PreviousNext

Return to Language