Transcriber for MAC

Tolkien's worlds were birthed out of his love of language and his work at creating new ones. Enter into discussions surrounding Tolkien's languages.

Transcriber for MAC

Postby Bknot1 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:57 am

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has or know of a good program for transcribing for the MAC 10.9.x and higher. All the old old are not supported and the TextEdit program doesn't seem to transcribe correctly.. Unless I am doing something wrong when trying to this myself. Once again I would like to thanks everyone for the quick response I have received from my few post so far. I look forward to learning more as I continue to read the post on this site.
Bknot1
Petitioner to the Council

Re: Transcriber for MAC

Postby aranthor » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:59 am

A bit late to reply, but...

Check out http://arno.org/tengwar/ It's an online transcriber and will therefore work well on a Mac.

Type the word or phrase you need to transcribe, then click on the resulting transcription. Below it you will see the Dan Smith transcription which you can then copy and paste in your Mac text editor of choice and style with a Dan Smith encoding compatible font.

If you pick one of the Unicode fonts (Tengwar Telcontar or Free Mono Tengwar), the Unicode encoding will be used instead.
aranthor
Petitioner to the Council

Return to Language