Official TENGWAR Transcription Thread (and TATTOOS) - VI

Tolkien's worlds were birthed out of his love of language and his work at creating new ones. Enter into discussions surrounding Tolkien's languages.

Re: Official TENGWAR Transcription Thread (and TATTOOS) - VI

Postby Victoria » Wed May 11, 2016 11:05 am

(Post annulé)

J'ai trouvé ce que je cherchais. Merci à tous
Last edited by Victoria on Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Victoria
Petitioner to the Council

Postby replaay » Wed May 11, 2016 1:51 pm

Greetings again Isildilmë, can you translate this in Tengwar Annatar Italic (TA-I)?

- Johan 06.01.2016

Thank you very much in advance!

Btw: 4 years ago you translated my first sons name and date and I got a tattoo of it, it was beautiful!
replaay

Postby Gladhaniel » Thu May 12, 2016 4:18 pm

Victoria:

Victoria wrote:J'aurais aimé savoir s'il était possible de me traduire une phrase en Tengwar, normalement tout est du Quenya
ánin apsene, no in elenath hîlar nan hâd gîn ( "Pardonne-moi, puissent toutes les étoiles briller sur ton chemin" si mes recherches sont correctes)

Quelle jolie phrase! :)

Par contre, il ne s'agit pas de Quenya sur toute la ligne. Ánin apsenë l'est (et est d'ailleurs sans faute), mais le reste me semble être du Sindarin. Puisque j'ai trouvé la même phrase sur de nombreuses pages web, il est probable qu'elle ne contienne pas d'erreurs, mais je recommanderais quand même de demander l'avis/le feu vert de Xandarien dans la section Sindarin des forums.

Tout dépendant de ce que tu recherches, peut-être aimerais-tu aussi que tout soit soi en Quenya ou en Sindarin, au lieu d'un mélange des deux. C'est toi qui voit! Si tu optes pour tout avoir en Quenya, tu peux volontiers me faire une demande ici, et même chose pour le Sindarin dont Xandarien s'occupe. :)

replaay:

replaay wrote:Johan 06.01.2016

Hi there! :)

Your request contains almost all necessary information, thank you. Could you please also tell Isildilmë what language you'd like "Johan" to be considered as?
Gladhaniel
Rider of the Mark

Postby replaay » Fri May 13, 2016 3:10 am

Hi Gladhaniel! As for Language, i'm norwegian so I guess norwegian! ;) But if u can do it in English also I would be greatful! Thank you! :D
replaay

Postby Victoria » Fri May 13, 2016 11:31 am

Merci Gladhaniel !

Non je pense que cette phrase me convient et puis je commence à m'habituer aux consonances :) Merci d'avoir effectué des vérifications c'est très gentil !
Victoria

Postby Isildilmë » Mon May 16, 2016 8:04 am

My reaction to the last posts :

Sidd ! I’m so happy you poped in ! I emailed you a few days ago. I hope you are fine my friend !

kiwiwin365 : no problem !

marijamarija123 : As Alma said, if you want the sentence to be in an elvish language (translated), you have to post it first in the Sindarin or Quenya thread. Here I do transcription, so I convert the roman letters for tengwar. See the introduction post (link in my signature) for more details and links. You’ll also see there the list of the available fonts. If you just want the English sentence written in Tengwar, then it’s a transcription and I can do it directly. Just tell me what you prefer. About the two links you found, I have to say that I disagree with the transcription on the tattoo of the picture… many transcription modes exist and we cannot always tell which one is better as Tolkien himself explored many modes. But I really disagree with that one. And the font too, because this font (called Tengwar-Gandalf) is an incomplete font, so the person chose tengwa which were similar to the one needed when they were not available, but the meaning is not the same ! The second link leads to an automatic transcriber… and even if automatic transcribers on the net can give an idea of what the transcription can look like, it’s never like a human brain and I usually find errors in the transcriptions that they provide.

ruzwildfire : He is fine thank you ! He’s just a bit harsh as a boss !

Perica : I guess that the correction you made on your post on April 17th are made with the official changes you made with Dhani, so now it’s final ? That is how I consider it. And your request is complete :). And thank you, my sons are fine, even if the youngest is in a rough part of life with stomach hurting, colics, etc. Should be soon over… and with a bit of chance he’ll decide to let his mom sleep a bit too !

Gladhaniel : Tiguidou !

stanleyfan777 : Haha ! thank you, but now I’m curious to see what your transcriptions look like ! I have what I need and there is no problem with the fact that they can be similar. As I work on a computer, in the worst of case I can do a “copy-paste” and change the details ! ;)

Stacey2907 : Still waiting for the font(s) you want…
Concerning the Official Tengwar Transcription Thread - VI
To all the newbees, Welcome to TORC !
Before posting anything on this thread, READ THE INTRODUCTION. For now, I didn't have the time to update the intro, so I let you read the intro of thread #IV here.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the threads or by email (isildilme@hotmail.com - write "Tengwar" somewhere in the subject in case you fall in my junkmail, because if I don't know, I wont open the message !). Note that I don't accept transcription requests by email, you have to post them here !

You can address yourself to me in French, Spanish or English as you wish.

Special message : I have now two precious sons. They are my priorities, and an additional explanation for the delays in my answers. I WILL answer you... but you might have to wait. Thank you for your comprehension.
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Mon May 16, 2016 10:17 am

For Mello-Drame :

Image Click on the image for regular size

It would have been
DarkLittleHobbit's turn, but she never came back to answer my questions... so...
Before posting anything on this thread, READ THE INTRODUCTION. For now, I didn't have the time to update the intro, so I let you read the intro of thread #IV here.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the threads or by email (isildilme@hotmail.com - write "Tengwar" somewhere in the subject in case you fall in my junkmail, because if I don't know, I wont open the message !). Note that I don't accept transcription requests by email, you have to post them here !

Special message : I have now two precious sons. They are my priorities, and an additional explanation for the delays in my answers. I WILL answer you... but you might have to wait. Thank you for your comprehension.
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Mon May 16, 2016 10:18 am

For Pityanë :

Image Image

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Mon May 16, 2016 10:18 am

For Liveyourdash :

And don’t worry, almost everybody here is a newb !

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Mon May 16, 2016 10:20 am

My actual list of pending requesters :

kiwiwin365
    marijamarija123
    Perica
    Gladhaniel
    stanleyfan777
    Stacey2907
    Eleftheria
    robinurke93
    Victoria
    replaay

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Perica » Mon May 16, 2016 11:38 pm

Isildilmë wrote:Perica : I guess that the correction you made on your post on April 17th are made with the official changes you made with Dhani, so now it’s final ? That is how I consider it. And your request is complete :). And thank you, my sons are fine, even if the youngest is in a rough part of life with stomach hurting, colics, etc. Should be soon over… and with a bit of chance he’ll decide to let his mom sleep a bit too !

Yes it is final :) Thank u very much again Isildilmë for taking ur free time to make this amazing work :) treasure this time they will grow fast :)

UPDATE: p.s. can u please send me on email picture when u are finish with it :D email: petar.matic91@gmail.com
Perica

Postby vlayko » Tue May 24, 2016 1:36 pm

Hi!
You helped me 8 yrs ago, when I wanted to make a tatto with the name of my little daughter.
Now, I want to make another:

ALWAYS AND FOREVER

Can you PLEASE help me with this?
vlayko

Postby Gladhaniel » Wed May 25, 2016 3:11 am

vlayko wrote:Hi!
You helped me 8 yrs ago, when I wanted to make a tatto with the name of my little daughter.

ALWAYS AND FOREVER

Hello! :)

Can you please also give Isildilmë the following information?

1. The language of the words you would like her to translate
2. The font(s) you want (these can be found here)
Gladhaniel
Rider of the Mark

Postby vlaya » Wed May 25, 2016 5:26 am

Gladhaniel wrote:
vlayko wrote:Hi!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER

Hello! :)

Can you please also give Isildilmë the following information?

1. The language of the words you would like her to translate
2. The font(s) you want (these can be found here)

Hi again! Thank you for fast answer!
1. Language is English as I wrote: Always and forever
2. the font: Tengwar Annatar italic bold
vlaya

Postby ATrinket » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:43 pm

HI, I'm hoping you can translate these 3 for me, I want to put them on my service dog's new leather harness.

From English to TA- R+B please

"In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit"

"never laugh at live dragons"

"It's a dangerous business, going out your front door"

(I know I left the "frodo" out of that last one)

I'd love it if you translated these ones too but not necessary ;)

"all we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us"

"little by little, one travels far"

"courage is found in unlikely places"

"it is not the strength of the body that counts, but the strength of the spirit"

"even the smallest person can change the course of history"
ATrinket

Postby mtw » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:54 am

Hello!

I am hoping you would be able to transcribe a phrase for me for a tattoo I want to get.
It is my first...

Anyway, Xandarien was kind enough to translate "First love yourself" to Sindarin for me.

The Sindarin phrase I would like transcribed is:

Main, melo ech

The fonts are TA-R, TA-I, TA-R+B, and TS-R

Thanks again, this is a kind thing you do and it is really appreciated.

Mike
mtw

Postby Mello-Drame » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:32 pm

Thanks a lot, Isildilmë!
Hope everything is going well with your new baby. :)
Mello-Drame

Postby B_March » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:47 pm

Hi, Isildilmë!

Could you please transcribe the English word Family for me in TA-I and TA-I+B?

Thank you very much in advance!
B_March

Postby eleiryn » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:48 pm

Hi there Isil! :clap:

I wasn't sure if you were still taking transcription requests but I thought I'd try anyway because I'm really hoping to get a tattoo soon!
First I just wanted to say how much I admire your dedication and your helpfulness to all these Internet strangers! I've read through each thread and you're just simply awesome!!! :hug:

I was hoping to get these all done in Tengwar Annatar - Italics

1. Eleiryn (English? my made up elvish style name haha)
2. Aurora (English girls name)
3. Rupert (English boys name)
4. "wit beyond measure" (Ravenclaws words from Harry potter)

These others I'm not sure if you can do, because technically it's not an existing language. These phrases are from the game Dragon Age, and it is their form of elvish language. Let me know! (not sure if language is the necessary part, or do u need to understand how it sounds phonetically?)
5. Vir dirthera
6. Banal Nadas
7. Mala suledin nadas
8. Bellanaris

I know there's quite a bit here and I don't really know your process or quite how long it takes you (or if you are able to do these), but I think the most important ones for right now would be "Wit beyond measure" , "Vir dirthera" , and "Banal nadas"

Thank you so much!! It means so much to me! :hug:
eleiryn

Postby hukan » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:58 pm

Hi, again Isildilmë!

Thank you so much for your previous transcription!
I hope you are able to help me with some others?
I would love it if you could transcribe this for me :o

1a. Even the smallest person can change the course of the future
1b. English
1c. TA-I & TA-R

2a. I will not say do not weep, for not all tears are an evil
2b. English
2c. TA-I & TA-R

3a. It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends
3b. English
3c. TA-I & TA-R

Thank you very much in advance! For everything.
- hukan
hukan

Postby revvol » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:45 pm

Hey Isildilmë
I'm new here but I'm loving what youre doing.

Hoping you could transcribe my nieces name:

Aubriella

If you could do it in both tengwar annatar (I+B) and Tengwar Elfica (I)

Thanks again for what you do :)
revvol

Postby Gladhaniel » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:50 pm

revvol wrote:Aubriella

Can you please also tell Isildilmë what language that name is? :) Thank you!
Gladhaniel
Rider of the Mark

Postby revvol » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:39 pm

Gladhaniel wrote:
revvol wrote:Aubriella

Can you please also tell Isildilmë what language that name is? :) Thank you!

In English please :)
revvol

Postby sacredrage » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:23 am

Per my post in the Quenya thread all I need is to confirm the Tengwar for Nenya (which is one of the ring's of power; Galadriel's ring).

In this case, I need the tengwar script literally by the end of the afternnon (Los Angeles, pacific time) today as the designer for the ring threw me a curveball and my 2 week deadline just turned into 24 hours due to complications with engraving. If you could provide the tengwar script I would be beyond grateful and, as I keep offering (like a bit of a jackass), I'll be happy to provide reasonable compensation (via paypal) for what is an absurdly quick request.
sacredrage

Postby fang13 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:12 am

<deleted>
Last edited by fang13 on Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fang13

Postby Luca1940 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:53 am

Hey, could you guys and girls please help me transcript those quotes into Tengwar ( in the differendt languages, English sindarin and quenya) ? font:Tengwar Annatar italics
Very kind and smart people allready translated them from english to quenya and sindarin :)

Quenya:
you are it: Natyes

BE WATER, MY FRIEND: Na nén, meldonya

be water: Na nén

Sindarin: Ci den = You are it (informal version, said to someone you know well)
Le den = You are it (formal version, said to someone higher or a stranger)

No nen = Be water
No nen mellonenin = Be water my friend

I would like to see what the Tengwar Transcription of those different words would look like, so I can decide which one I like the most! :) ( than I will get it tattoed :D )

I know it is a lot of work and I seriously appreciate every second of your time that you invest in the Transcription! Thank you so much!
Luca1940

Postby omargaret » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:33 pm

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask which online program is the best for english - tengwar transcription?

I've tried these two and there are quite a big differences! I was looking for a sentence: "May all stars shine upon your path"
http://3rin.gs/tengwar/modes.html?q=&mo ... guage=null
http://tengwar.art.pl/tengwar/ott/start.php

Thank you!
omargaret

Postby Myles65 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:23 pm

Hello
Could you translate From English to TA-I+B

Angela Forever In My Heart

She has been a life long friend of mine and we have always been very close
Thank you
Myles
Myles65

Postby enrai » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:42 am

Hi.

Can I get these in "Tengwar Annatar Italic" ? :

1. Carmen
2. 26 July 1980
3. I hope that the memory of our friendship will be everlasting.
4. June 2015

(English)

Thank you.
Last edited by enrai on Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
enrai

Postby Isildilmë » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:59 pm

Oof ! This summer has been a never-ending race, with family vacations and everything... I have to admit that I was a bit afraid to come back here, worrying about the possibility to discover that there were 3 whole pages of new requests. Good news, there are not ! I'll work on a few requests tonight, and probably tomorrow.

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

PreviousNext

Return to Language