Official TENGWAR Transcription Thread (and TATTOOS) - VI

Tolkien's worlds were birthed out of his love of language and his work at creating new ones. Enter into discussions surrounding Tolkien's languages.

Re: Official TENGWAR Transcription Thread (and TATTOOS) - VI

Postby thvaliati » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:04 pm

Isildilmë wrote:Shanna, haha, no problem ! I just want to be sure that I understood your needs in the end ;)

Malus, I'm happy you love it ! I'll wait for the picture !

thvaliati, no problem, but I just want to be sure that you understand that I won't translate the requests in "elvish language", I just write them with elvish script. So the names will remain "Carla e Carlos" and the sentence will still be in English, just written with elvish letters. If it's ok for you, I'll add you to my list. But if you want them to be translated in an Elvish language, you have to do that step first visiting the appropriate thread. just tell me what you decide.

Exactly, that's right. It's ok for me. Thanks!

And may I add one more? "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" (TA-R, TA-I+B) (TEca-R) (TGka-R)

So, my request is this:
1. "Carla e Carlos" (TA-R), (TA-I+B) (TEca-R) (TGka-R)
2. "You'll Never Walk Alone" (TA-R, TA-I+B) (TEca-R) (TGka-R)
3. "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" (TA-R, TA-I+B) (TEca-R) (TGka-R)

Thanks again and sorry for the inconvenience!!
thvaliati
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Isildilmë » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:50 am

Perfect ! :)
Concerning the Official Tengwar Transcription Thread - VI
To all the newbees, Welcome to TORC !
Before posting anything on this thread, READ THE INTRODUCTION. For now, I didn't have the time to update the intro, so I let you read the intro of thread #IV here.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the threads or by email (isildilme@hotmail.com - write "Tengwar" somewhere in the subject in case you fall in my junkmail, because if I don't know, I wont open the message !). Note that I don't accept transcription requests by email, you have to post them here !

You can address yourself to me in French, Spanish or English as you wish.

Special message : I have now two precious sons. They are my priorities, and an additional explanation for the delays in my answers. I WILL answer you... but you might have to wait. Thank you for your comprehension.
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Ayurwen » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:28 am

Ayurwen : You ask for Tengwar Annatar and Tengwar tehtar, but the last is not a font. If you are just asking me to use a Tengwar/tehtar mode, no problem, but if you are talking about a font, please check the name in the introduction (line in my signature) to be sure that I know what you want.

Hello Isildilmë :)
Sorry i mean - Tengwar Annatar (R) = regular and (I) = italic
and Tengwar Cursive (R) = regular
Thank you so much. :)
Ayurwen

Postby Isildilmë » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:18 am

Wonderful !
Before posting anything on this thread, READ THE INTRODUCTION. For now, I didn't have the time to update the intro, so I let you read the intro of thread #IV here.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the threads or by email (isildilme@hotmail.com - write "Tengwar" somewhere in the subject in case you fall in my junkmail, because if I don't know, I wont open the message !). Note that I don't accept transcription requests by email, you have to post them here !

Special message : I have now two precious sons. They are my priorities, and an additional explanation for the delays in my answers. I WILL answer you... but you might have to wait. Thank you for your comprehension.
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:20 am

For Miss_Piggy :

Image Click on the image for regular size

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:20 am

For niczero :

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:21 am

For Kortoso : I understood that you only want the Sindarin version of the quote in Tengwar, not the English one… if I’m wrong, tell me :)

As you can see, there are some similarities with your attempt, but some major differences… first of all you treated the vowels as we do with our Roman letters, while in Tengwar, in this mode, they don’t need to be appart, they are made to modify the consonnants, so they appear above (or below in some cases) the tengwar. If your have questions, I’ll be happy to answer !

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

For AlyxPayne :

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

For UnequivocalGrace :

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:22 am

For kzinff :
Image Image

Image Image

For Myrtes, I had to write Mirtes, porque el modo que tengo para Portuguese doesn’t propose anything for a vocalic “y” (I guess it’s not common in Portuguese, right ?), and the symbol I normally use for this in other languages is used for another letter in Portuguese. I thought it would be the safer choice to make.

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:23 am

For Raw2015 :
Image Image

Image Image Image

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:24 am

For Ayurwen :

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby AlyxPayne » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:10 am

Thankyou so much Isildilmë for the transcription! Can't wait to get it tattooed! :)
AlyxPayne

Postby Ayurwen » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:39 am

Hello Isildilmë,
i thank you so much for the transcription! :) If i have a tattoo i send you pic :)
Ayurwen

Postby adamortwein » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:57 am

Hi Isildilme!

I was referred to you by jennamarievincent@yahoo.co.uk (Sindarin expert). The song Evenstar means the world to me (and reminds me of my wife, no less!). She confirmed for me the language is Sindarin, but I’d love to get the lyrics translated into Tengwar and Cirth. I have the lyrics below:

U i vethed na i onnad.
Si boe u-dhanna.
Ae u-esteli, esteliach nad.

Estelio han, estelio han, estelio,
estelio han, estelio veleth.

Also, do you know what the script is called that is used for the inscription on the one ring? I would love to have that translation as well.

One more thing… you might already have done this in your many translations, but I would love to have “not all those who wander are lost” translated into those scripts as well.

I saw your message about your son being your priority (as should be!) so I certainly won’t bother you again about this. Thanks for any help!

Best,
Adam
adamortwein

Postby kzinff » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:13 pm

Isildilmë wrote:For kzinff :
Image Image

Image Image

For Myrtes, I had to write Mirtes, porque el modo que tengo para Portuguese doesn’t propose anything for a vocalic “y” (I guess it’s not common in Portuguese, right ?), and the symbol I normally use for this in other languages is used for another letter in Portuguese. I thought it would be the safer choice to make.

you cant believe how happy im am!!! thank you so much my good friend!!! God bless you!! you are too nice helping everyone!! all the best for you!! thank you :o :o :o
and myrtes really not common in portuguese! thank for everthing!! really good!!! all the best for you
kzinff

Postby Graham » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:46 am

Hello.

I am currently working on the designs for my second LOTR tattoo. I want to incorporate the word "Envinyanta", or the English verion of that, which is "renewed". Taken from the poem about Aragorn

I used the old Tengscribe program to translate and came up with the following:

Can anyone confirm that those are in fact accurate?

And maybe post an example of how these words would look in Tengwar Annatar?

Thanks.

Graham
Graham

Postby bdurocher » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:14 am

Hi,

Can anyone provide the Tengwar script translation for kids' for:

Alexander Durocher and Bryn Durocher

Looking to attempt to get it on "sweet 16" rings for them. :)

Thanks! :)

Sorry, here is the required info:

- Alexander Durocher and Bryn Durocher
- Quenya language, if not Sindarin or English :)
- TA-I+B
- We all love the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit, so something cool for their rings. :)
bdurocher

Postby Ouricygang » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:22 pm

Hi...i was looking for the following to be translated in English........ TA-I & TA-I +B
Joshua John Young
23rd February 2015
"It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light"
"How do you run from what's in your head?"
"The son becomes the father and the father,the son"
Many thanks!!!
Ouricygang

Postby Isildilmë » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:15 am

I'm happy some of you came back to get their transcriptions and were satisfied with the results ! I'll wait for pictures !

adamortwein : Jenna-Marie (alias Xandarien here) is indeed what I would call a Sindarin expert :) ; she’s incredible ! And it will be a pleasure to help you with the transcription part. About the script of the Ring, I normally use Tengwar Annatar italic for this, but some people prefer Tengwar Cursive for its more “handwritten” style. See the introduction post for example of each font and let me know. I’m rarely asked for Cirth transcription, so I don’t have the English quote ready, but I’ll do it too.

Graham : only one of these is in fact accurate. You have to understand that each transcription mode correspond to a language, so you cannot write English in Tengwar using the Quenya or Sindarin mode, nor can you write Quenya with Sindarin mode. So the only good transcription you had is the Quenya word with Quenya mode (3rd). For the English word “renewed”, you have to use an English mode. Now if you have these transcriptions in a word file (in text format, not images), you can send the file to me by email and I’ll do the corrections and show you the result in Tengwar Annatar too, but if you don’t, I can just add you to my transcription list (and you’ll wait for your turn). Tell me what you think of this.

bdurocher : For the same reason I just told Graham, I have to use the English mode if the names are English. If you want them in the Quenya language, you have to ask for a translation in the appropriate thread (see the introduction post). But if you just want it in Tengwar directly, I’ll treat them as English. And just a quick question, do you want them together as posted “Alexander Durocher and Bryn Durocher” or separated “Alexander Durocher” and “Bryn Durocher” ?

Ouricygang : perfect ! But a quick question too… for some lines you added quotation marks, and other not… do you want me to put quotation marks in the transcriptions when you wrote some here ? Or I remove them all ?

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Ouricygang » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:32 am

Hi....can u take out the quotation marks away please? Thank you!
Ouricygang

Postby Isildilmë » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:23 pm

Sure ! :)

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:36 pm

For sarahannmichelle :

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:37 pm

For maxehren :

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:37 pm

For bradwz :

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:38 pm

For slowly :

Image Image

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:38 pm

For hukan :

Image Image

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:40 pm

RebzEmz : Alma asked you to decide weither you want a translation or transcription. I would have been your turn, but your request is still on a hold as I don't have the answer.

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:41 pm

For ninque-elen :

Done for tonight ! I'll try to do more tomorrow, but that is not a promess !

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:29 am

Finally I found the time ! For a few ones, but it's better than nothing !

For emmabunny :

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

PreviousNext

Return to Language