Tolkien Script Publishing Forum?

Tolkien's worlds were birthed out of his love of language and his work at creating new ones. Enter into discussions surrounding Tolkien's languages.

Tolkien Script Publishing Forum?

Postby leisulin » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:27 pm

I found a bunch of information on Tengwar at an archived geocities site which mentions a Tolkien Script Publishing Forum, but the link to the forum goes to a dead yahoo group. Does anyone know if it still exists in some other form, and where I could find it now? I hope the general interest in Tengwar isn't fading into oblivion..........
leisulin
Petitioner to the Council

Re: Tolkien Script Publishing Forum?

Postby leisulin » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:47 pm

Along the same lines, I have found a lot of material on Tengwar writing dating from around 2003-2004, and after that, zilch. The resource I found which seems the most extensive and thorough is the Tengwar Textbook, by Chris McKay, dated April 2004. But I've looked around for later writing from McKay, and have found nothing. It's like he vanished or totally lost interest in Tengwar after 2004.

No one here knows anything about this?
leisulin
Petitioner to the Council

Re: Tolkien Script Publishing Forum?

Postby Valandil3430 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:17 pm

I also had one in the early 2000's... maybe 2001, or it might have been late 90's. And like you say - it was later gone.

I can only guess it was a successful fight by the JRRT Estate attorneys.
Valandil3430
Shield Bearer

Return to Language