READ ONLY - Official TENGWAR Transcription (and TATTOOS) - I

Tolkien's worlds were birthed out of his love of language and his work at creating new ones. Enter into discussions surrounding Tolkien's languages.

Postby Isabel » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:56 pm

Dear Isildilmë, thank you so so much for the translation. It is perfect, I live it. However, I forgot one, so please do one more for me :)

Dina 18.06.1981.

I hope you'll be able ti so it on time, I have a tatoo appointment on 14th this month. Thank you!!

Greetings from Croatia
Isabel
Petitioner to the Council

Postby blackhole » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:41 pm

Hey, I just joined because I tried learning all of this elvish stuff by myself, and couldn't do it, haha.

I wanted to make sure I got it right in since it is going to be on my body forever (tattoo), so I decided to post on here. <3

I would like to get "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us", "Fretwell", and "Veni Vidi Veci."

If I understood anything right, the fact that Veni Vidi Veci is already in latin should help.

Thanks again. :]

EDIT: Forgot to mention, dunno if it's important, but I prefer the italic forms of Tengwar. I really like the Black font used for the Ring Inscription, but if I understand correctly, it's broken, or not enough of it is known to make much. :/
blackhole

Postby DaytonaMike » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:24 pm

Hi i'd like to share my new Tengwar tattoo I got 2 weeks ago :lol:

This is the template I gave my artist (if anyone else wants to use it):
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l219/ ... engwar.png

This is the end result straight after the tattoo was done (my arm looks really sore lol):
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l219/ ... age026.jpg

And this is my tattoo as of yesterday now fully healed :):
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l219/ ... age032.jpg
DaytonaMike

End of the thread

Postby Isildilmë » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:33 am

Hello everyone ! First I'd like to say that I'm still very gratefull for all your thanks. It means more then we can think at a first glance, and I can't wait to see your tattos ! Yes brenoOcb, things seem to be changing with time ! :lol: DaytonaMike, thanks for sharing these pictures with us ! Looks great !

I was informed by the very kind and helpfull moderator
Daefaroth that this thread must close, because it’s getting so big ! But don't worry, nothing is over ! :) I've created a new thread, named :

Official Tengwar Transcription Thread (and TATTOOS) - II (click on the link to access the thread).

Now what an original title, will you tell me ! haha :rofl: , I know it isn't, but I though it was better to show without any doubt that the thread follows this one.

There is no need to post your request there again if you did it in the LAST week here, because I have all of them in note and I'll answer in time. The answers will be on the new thread.

Now please don't put anything more on this thread, I'd like if this message could be the last so that everybody who visit it will know where to go reading the last post. Daefaroth will close officially the thread as soon as he passes by (thanks again Daefaroth !).

See you in Tengwar II !

Isildilmë Celumenarwissë Image

Locked by White Council Moderator
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Previous

Return to Language