READ ONLY - Official TENGWAR Transcription (and TATTOOS) - I

Tolkien's worlds were birthed out of his love of language and his work at creating new ones. Enter into discussions surrounding Tolkien's languages.

Postby weroloco » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:33 pm

I need an acurrate translation,
could someone please translate this to tengwars for me:

Jesus Enrique
Ruvalcaba
Jocelyn
Zepeda
Guzman
weroloco
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Isildilmë » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:14 pm

Weroloco, some of these names are Spanish names... do you want transcriptions using Spanish mode ? This just means that I'll do the transcription with a method especially for Spanish words. If yes, tell me if you want all the transcription as Spanish or just a few ones and the others in English.
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby weroloco » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:17 pm

yes, these are spanish words(:
weroloco

Postby weroloco » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:18 pm

all of them in spanish please:)
weroloco

Re: Newbie needs tattoo help :-)

Postby Miss_Piggy » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:56 pm

Miss_Piggy wrote:Hi all! Newbie here!
I am looking for a direct transcription of 2 short lines for tattoo's me and my other half have been wanting to get. The font i have downloaded onto my computer is Tengwar Annatar, and i'll use it in the italic form.

The first line i want is :
You'll Never Walk Alone

And the second one is:
Our Child In Heaven

Thank you all who can help, and keep up the truly amazing work!

Miss Piggy x

Hi I just wanted to add that i have had this translated into Quenya, would you possibly be able to transcribe that into Tengwar Annatar too? Aswell as the english transcription?

the Quenya translation is:

hinamma meneldëa , Lá oio vantuvatyë er

(our child in heaven, you'll never walk alone)

Im happy to wait as i know you are inundated with requests,

Thank you
Miss_Piggy
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Forest Elf » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:03 pm

Hello!

This is the reason I stumbled upon this forum.

Tattoo in Tengwar search.

Can someone please help me?

The four words I am looking for are:

PEACE ELF DREAMER FOREST

Thank you!
Forest Elf
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Isildilmë » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:34 am

No problem Miss Piggy ! Both of your requests (English and Quenya) can be transcribed in Tengwar.

Forest Elf, you're at the good place. Just allow us some time, there are a lot of requests at this time.
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby RazorBoy » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:56 pm

Hi, I'd like to get a tatoo with my first name in Tengwar writing (like Fernando Torres has on his left hand) but I'm not relly sure how to make it? Can u help me, my name is domen (that's Slovenian but I guess it doesn't really matter since it's first name, right?

Thank you
RazorBoy

Postby seansquires » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:20 pm

Hello, is there any chance i could have the following translated in script please for a tattoo it would be very much appreciated!!

Sleep Now In The Fire
All I See Is You

very impressed with all the translators here you all do a brilliant job!
seansquires

Postby charlie79 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:47 pm

I am in need of expert help in all honesty. For the last three months I have been attempting to translate these two words into Tengwar Annatar Italicise... with no luck.

If someone could possibly translate these following words; "Lynch" and "Sophie" into Tengwar Annatar Italicise that would be fantastic and a great help.

Many Thanks.
charlie79

Postby brenoOcb » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:26 pm

Isildmë, here are as I said in the e-mail the Quenya translations to be made in Tengwar aswell:

‘Melmë, i Lindalë Eö’
"Love, the Music of the Universe"

‘Nanyë Melmë, nanyë i Lindalë, ar nanyë Eä.’
"I am Love, I am the Music and I am the Universe."

Like I said the dark blue type is my preference, buyt either way are satisfaying.

Thanks a lot,

Breno B.
brenoOcb

translation please :)

Postby Jadekr » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:19 am

Hi could someone kindly translate the following for me please?

He who controls the past controls the future.

I would be very grateful, thank you
Jadekr

Postby anja » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:45 am

can sameone translate for me:

There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.

to Arabian or some language like that? Tkans :)
anja

Postby preetjas » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:55 am

Words/Phrase*:
Jas 85
Jaspreet
Faith. Hope. Dream.
K.V.J.
J.R.
Everything happens for a reason
Third
Five
Randhawa

Font/Script**: Tengwar Annata AND Tengwar Quenya

Thank you so much.
I really appreciate your help.
Spell the english words in tengwar. No translation needed
preetjas

Postby Isildilmë » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:48 pm

Hi everybody ! I’m so sorry for not being active in the thread these times ! You have no idea how busy I have been. But I was also working on the transcription on paper… and now I put them on the computer, and it is quite long I have to admit :). So I may have a couple of transcriptions for you during the week end, and I’ll continue after, of course. Thanks a lot for your patience and overall not to have double posted all the time (people used to double (and more) post if they wasn’t answered on the spot, but I’m glad you’ve waited !).

First, some notes (explications and questions) :

Necrogodomega, like I said to others, I need the final sentences to make the transcriptions… so when you way that you want a sentence translated in “elvish” and then in Tengwar, you have to get the translation in the Official translation thread, and THEN come and ask for a transcription.
    Razorboy, in fact, the language as some importance in transcription, but if you don’t mind, I will do the transcription like if it was an English name.
    charlie79, Sophie being a French name, do you want me to transcribe it with some French mode or do like if it was English ? If this Sophie is a French speaker, then I would suggest French mode, but if not, then English !
    anja, if you want a translation in Arabian, you’re at the wrong place… this thread is for transcription (not even translation) in Tengwar, the Elvish writing… I can’t help you… I suggest you start a new topic somewhere, but I’m not sure that TORC (The One Ring Site) is the most appropriated for this kind of request… you can still try !

And now, some transcriptions !

For
Alcie:
With Spanish mode, as requested.

For
coderjedi :
As I don’t know about any transcription for apostrophy, I just did as if there wasn’t one : “beloveds”...

For
magicorreality:

For
Engarian:
ImageImage
That is what I propose using Quenya Transcription mode, but remember I’m just an elvish fan like you, so if you arrive to something different, it may be good too (tengwar can be used with so many different manners !). I never had the presumption to name myself a master :).

For :
Jadekr

For : ctmack22
ImageImage

Coming back soon ! I have plenty of others done that are just waiting to be downloaded !

Isildilmë Celumenarwissë Image
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby ownthesky » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:55 pm

It sounds like your ultra-busy at this time; however, hopefully this is as simple as it is in English.

just the word 'sky'

thank you!

(and you are a badass, for knowing this)
ownthesky

Postby Isildilmë » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:11 am

Well, hopin’ that badass means what I think it means and not what it looks like (!), I added you on my list ownthesky. Nevertheless, even if it’s a short and easy word, you’ll have to wait for your turn :).

Here are some other transcriptions :

For
Maile~Lilinoe :
To have just “The less I know”, just take the last line.

For
rd :

For
jiten19 :

For
Ro_tax_max :
I’ve replaced the three dots “…” by the Quenya Tengwar for “;”, because it seemed more appropriated to me than three times the symbol for “.”, and the meaning wasn’t affected to me. Tell me if it is a problem for you.

For
colm.keane :

I'll come back in a few moments, I'm not done for today yet !

Edited by White Council Moderator to reduce page stretching
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:34 am

For vanimaarwen :
I’m sorry, this is not with Tengwar-Gandalf font. This font doesn’t use the same system than mine, so it would be longer to use it for me, and I think that it may be incomplete too. You can try to copy these symbols with it by yourself if you really insist to have it and tell me if you have problems. Even if I don’t like it, I can try to help you !

For
uniyans :

For
hannaelisabeth :

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:54 am

For styflus :

For
enrai :
*Numbers were transcribed the same way they are in English (an elf would write them backyard, so 20 would be transcribed 02, but I transcribed the same orther than what you wrote).
You can remove the dots above the numbers if this is appart from the text… officially, dots are not necessary because the numbers are already very differents from the other Tengwar, but some people prefer to put them to emphasis the fact that they are numbers.

For
jet :
Here for you my friend ! Sorry again for the delay...

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:04 am

For helios1990 :

For
kdickson12 :
About your request for the different look… I don’t know what you really expect… would you like to have two fonts, so it would be different ? or are you just asking for an equivalent for the “-“ at the beginning of a spoken sentence as we see in books ? Help me a little more, to see if I can help you !
*Numbers were transcribed the same way they are in English (an elf would write them backyard, so 20 would be transcribed 02, but I transcribed the same orther than what you wrote).
You can remove the dots above the numbers if this is appart from the text… officially, dots are not necessary because the numbers are already very differents from the other Tengwar, but some people prefer to put them to emphasis the fact that they are numbers.

For
martinmartin :

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:09 am

For fraggle_rawk :
There are always two major ways to express something in Sindarin, so I send both to you… I personnally prefer the first one (the one with the Tehtar above the Tengwar), but it is a very personnal choice !

For
magali_cro :
As I don’t know about any transcription for apostrophy, I just did as if there wasn’t one : “Its”...

For
tjrich90 :

For
valessakis :

For
drshears :

For
Eowen1982 :
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:13 am

For schnege86 :

For
vanimaarwen :
I’m sorry, this is not with Tengwar-Gandalf font. This font doesn’t use the same system than mine, so it would be longer to use it for me, and I think that it may be incomplete too. You can try to copy these symbols with it by yourself if you really insist to have it and tell me if you have problems. Even if I don’t like it, I can try to help you !

For
argonath6625 :

For
Miss_Piggy :
As I don’t know about any transcription for apostrophy, I just did as if there wasn’t one : “Youll”...

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:25 am

For Jonesey_MFC :

For
THEODORA :
As you gave me no specifications, I did the transcriptions as if the names were in English. I you want me to use a specific mode for another language, just tell me.
I’m sorry, I think that the caracters for numbers are not available in Tengwar Quenya so I only give you the Tengwar Annatar Italic form. Do you want the names in Tengwar Quenya as well ? Do you need help or if you can do it by yourself using what I give you ?
I usually use dashes or dots (at mid height) between the day-month-year. The former represent English “;”, and the latter, English“,” or “-“, so you may choose. I don’t think it will affect the meaning, so you may choose the one with the look you prefer !

For
mohsinsha :

For
brenoOcb :
And here it is for you too, my friend ! I saw you made the request for the Quenya versions. I’ll do them asap, following my order as always. For the types, it was concerning Sindarin, not Quenya, because you told me you would like Sindarin too (and with what you told me, I know what transcription mode will be better, so thanks for saving me extra work!). Thanks again for your compliments. Hope this please you !

That's it for now ! As you can see, it is possible that I don't come for a moment, and then when I get some free time I give you a bunch of answer ! Please keep not double-posting. Here is a list I made with pending requests in order. If you requested something, were not answered yet and are not on my list, just tell me when you posted so that I check if I have it and put you at the right place on the list ! Thanks.

Tysontwenty (only waiting for you to answer my question to give you the transcription)
    Manuela (only waiting for your answer too !)
    mang02 (waiting for your answer to finish the transcription)
    Ryanne (waiting for your answer too)
    necrogodomega (waiting for answer too)
    juneling23
    suzwana
    lilmissrazz
    nicholasbmills
    Savanna
    kelziovice
    caufield88uk
    maverick-99
    weroloco
    Forest Elf
    RazorBoy
    seansquires
    charlie79
    brenoOcb
    Jadekr
    preetjas
    ownthesky

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby enrai » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:51 pm

Hey, thanks alot man. Those dots don't bother me. It looks really cool with them. :)

I really appreciate it. Few people would do some "work" like this for strangers. You're a great person. 8)

Thanks again!
enrai

Postby Miss_Piggy » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:09 pm

Isildilmë

Thank you so much for your time and effort, you have no idea how much this means to me and my partner.

When we have decided which version to go for, english transcription or quenya, we will send you a photo to show what your time and selflessness has helped to achieve.

Thank you so much, and we will definitely be back for more.

Lots of love,

Missy Piggy and her Mr. xxxxx
Miss_Piggy
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Isildilmë » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:35 pm

I'm so glad you like them !
Thanks to both of you to take the time to give me feed back. I know that there are a lot of people not even coming back on the site to see there transcriptions (so some "work" for nothing !), so when I see messages like yours, it confirms that it is not totaly useless ! :wink:

I'll be very happy to see the pictures

Isildilmë :horse:
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby ctmack22 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:12 pm

Thanks for the time and effort for the transcriptions Isildilmë!!!

Your a legend sir!!!
ctmack22

Postby STAV » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:16 pm

Hello!!! could it be possible to transcript for me the phrase:
the longer I live, the more i learn

thank you very very much!!!!! :lol:
Last edited by STAV on Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
STAV

Postby Jadekr » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:15 am

Isildilmë

Thank you so much for the translation, it is greatly appreciated!
Jadekr

translation

Postby JOBEYFA » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:19 am

Heyy I was just wondering if you could translate my name:

Craig Jobey

really fancy getting something like that tattooed
thanks a lot x
JOBEYFA

PreviousNext

Return to Language