READ ONLY - Official TENGWAR Transcription (and TATTOOS) - I

Tolkien's worlds were birthed out of his love of language and his work at creating new ones. Enter into discussions surrounding Tolkien's languages.

Postby Kalika1988 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:53 pm

Hello,
Could you please help me out here.. I'd love to get a tattoo on my foot with some beautiful Tengwar script... (I'd prefer the italic one, and maybe in bold)

I'd like it to say the following:

"The moments come and go like water"

it doesnt need to be translated just made into script...

I'd really appreciate this and your time!!

-kali
Kalika1988
Petitioner to the Council

Postby tat kid » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:23 am

ok then so can you write

my princess in tangwar for me please!!
tat kid

Words to translate

Postby James_WB » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:36 pm

Could you please translate these:

Love. Joy. Peace. Happiness.

Either as one phrase or individual words (since you likely have done some or all of these already)

Thanks!
James_WB

Postby chellann » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:35 am

Hi could anyone please help me translate my sons names ?

Their names are Steven and Xander. I'v booked my tattoo for the 29 april and I'm panicking I wont have the translastion in time please please help me......

Many many thanks xxx
chellann

Tattoo translation

Postby mimi2322 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:49 pm

I was hoping someone would be kind enough to translate the following. Thank you so much!

Hope

Faith

Courage

The Sweet Life

Now I know what love is
mimi2322

from the last request?

Postby ryanw » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:12 pm

Just wondering if anyone can update, if there working on my transcription? i'm wanting to book my sitting with my tattooist asap. thanks again :) :) :)
ryanw

confusion

Postby unbazok » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:33 am

i'm looking for "not all those who wande are lost" however i've come across a couple of alternatives. as far as i can guess there is a difficulty with the word "those"
can anyone help?[/img]
unbazok

translate

Postby unbazok » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:34 am

would also like the translation of "Grace"
unbazok

confirming for a tattoo

Postby VioletPhoenix » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:49 am

Hi I'm new here. Someone posted some writing back on page 21 of the saying "Dum Spiro, Spero" can someone confirm that it is written correctly??? here is also a link to it written bigger. Any help would be much appreciated!

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn20 ... trns29.jpg
VioletPhoenix

New to forum looking for a translation

Postby Beorn13 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:29 pm

I tried doing this on my own but it seems very difficult. I was hoping of getting this translated:

And there's this burning...

or

And there is this burning...

Which ever would be easier.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Beorn13

Please translate

Postby nicci1991 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:05 am

Can you translate me this text please?

Finde einen Jungen, der dich wunderschön nennt,
anstatt dir zu sagen, dass du geil bist...

Einer der dich zurück ruft, wenn du im Streit
auflegst, und der nur wach bleibt, um dich beim
schlafen zu beobachten....

Finde einen Jungen der deine Stirn küsst, der dich
der ganzen Welt zeigen will, und der auch vor seinen
Freunden zeigt, dass du ihm gehörst...

Finde einen Jungen der dich ständig daran
erinnert, wie glücklich er darüber ist, dass
er mit dir zusammen ist!!
nicci1991

Postby Isildilmë » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:23 am

Hi everybody ! I’m so sorry for not giving any sign since a long time ! I’m more busy than ever… I seems that I can have enough free time to download all the answers just once every two weeks… so it is possible that I just come every two weeks from now until I get less work to do !

Starting with a few questions and details :

Jenavarro, is your name Spanish or something ? Because it may be possible to transcribe it as a Spanish (or whatever other language) word. Or just with English Mode, like most of my transcriptions… you’re choice !
    tat kid, if you want to know if your translation is good, go and ask on the Official Sindarin Translation Thread. I can do the transcription in Tengwar for you, no problem. Just tell me when you’re sure about your words. I’ll wait you’re answer before doing anything. Do you want “My princess” directly in Tengwar (in its English form) for now ? You seem to change your mind often, so just tell me your final decision ! :lol:
    Chellan, I saw your post and received your e-mail. I’ll do the transcription for you as soon as your turn comes. I think that there won’t be any problem to give it to you before the end of April, but I can give you any warranty (I can also be hitten by a bus crossing the street in a few moments ! :o ). Keep in mind that you shouldn’t take any appointment before having the transcription, because it make us feel like you’re giving us your pression. To respect the other ones which are waiting for my answer, I won’t do your request before your turn comes. Thanks for your comprehension ! I'll try to remember to right you back by e-mail too.
    Ryanw, you’re on my list, don’t worry ! But if you look at the thread, you’ll see that there are a lot of people also asking for transcriptions, so you’ll have to wait a little bit.
    Unbazok, I see no difficulty with any word here ! As far as you are asking for a transcription, of course. If you want a translation to Quenya of Sindarin, then it’s the wrong post. Also, I’d like if you can check you sentence… I have ‘not all those who wande are lost’… are you sure that this is the spelling you want ? I’ll wait for your answer before doing anything.
    VioletPhoenix, the image is accurate if we use the English Mode to transcribe "Dum Spiro, Spero". That is what I would have suggested using this mode.
    Beorn13, if you don’t mind, I’ll transcribe the sentence with no apostrophe, because I don’t know about an official way to transcribe these. The other version will be very easy.
    nicci1991, do you want a transcription of this text en Tengwar ?! I must tell you that there is a mode for German (it’s German, isn’t it ???), but as I don’t know anything of German, I can’t warranty that my transcription will make a lot of sense… I can try if it’s what you want.
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:26 am

And now, some answers :

For
Eff (I pass you in priority because you made the effort of transcribing your request by yourself, and I respect that very much !):
I indeed read “Konrad” in your image, but it seems to use partly Quenya Mode and Sindarin or English mode, so I would not suggest this transcription. I’d rather write it this way, using English Mode :
And I still think that your sentence must be transcribed using Quenya Mode, because it is Quenya…
If you want your name to be written using the same mode, I suggest you go on the Official Quenya Translation Thread and ask for translation of Konrad. Then come back and I’ll help you transcribing it.

For
juneling23 :

Isildilmë Celumenarwissë Image

Edited by White Council Moderator to reduce page stretching
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:30 am

For suzwana :
As I don’t know about any transcription for apostrophe, I just did as if there wasn’t one : “cant”...

For
lilmissrazz :
As I don’t know about any transcription for apostrophe, I just did as if there wasn’t one : “youll”... The middle-height dot can represent a coma as well as an hyphen, so that’s what I suggest here.

For
nicholasbmills :

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:33 am

For Savanna :
ImageImage
The middle-height dot can represent a coma as well as an hyphen, so that’s what I suggest here.

For
kelziovice :

For
caufield88uk :
ImageImage

For
maverick-99 :

For
weroloco :
Utilizando el modo de transcripción Español, como pedido :
ImageImageImage
Escribí “Jocelin”, porque normalmente la “y” no se utiliza como vocal en español, entonces el modo de transcripción español no presenta un Tehtar para representar “y” como una vocal.
ImageImage

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:43 am

For Forest Elf :

For
RazorBoy :

For
seansquires :

For
charlie79 :
I offer you 3 versions of “Sophie”. The two first ones (dard blue) are transcribed using my English Mode. The first is the letter by letter transcription S-o-p-h-ie, and the second is Sofie. I would use the second personnaly, because it reflects more the sound of “ph” than the two separated letters, but it’s up to you. The last one (blue-green) is a transcription using a French Mode I know about. So if your Sophie is French or if you want to refer to the French name Sophie, I would use this one. Hope it helps.

For my friend
brenoOcb :
And I received you mail… I’m sad I have to tell you that I have no idea nor control on what’s happening in the other threads (I in fact have much enough to deal with this one). I saw that there is somebody giving a couple of answers, but I don’t know if this person is answering all the requests… I’m just a user here like you, not even a mod (but I’d may be interessed to this responsability, if some of them read this !!! :lol: ), so I can’t help you. Keep trying and hoping ! I’d love to do your translation myself, but I’m not good enough in Sindarin… I still have a lot to work on before trying this.

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:47 am

For Jadekr :

For
preetjas :
What a clear and detailed request ! Thanks a lot ! So here are the direct transcription from English in Tengwar, using both Tengwar Annatar italic and Tengwar Quenya fonts (exept for the first one, as no numbers are available in Tengwar Quenya).
*Numbers were transcribed the same way they are in English (an elf would write them backyard, so 20 would be transcribed 02, but I transcribed the same orther than what you wrote).
You can remove the dots above the numbers if this is appart from the text… officially, dots are not necessary because the numbers are already very differents from the other Tengwar, but some people prefer to put them to emphasis the fact that they are numbers.
I usually use dashes or dots (at mid height) between the day-month-year. The former represent English “;”, and the latter, English“,” or “-“, so you may choose. I don’t think it will affect the meaning, so you may choose the one with the look you prefer !

For
ownthesky :

For
STAV :

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby Isildilmë » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:01 pm

For JOBEYFA :

For
EmilyAlina :

For
hcmagia8 :
Using both English (1st one, in dark blue) and Spanish (2nd one, in purple) transcription modes, as asked.
ImageImage

For
fatihaltay :
ImageImage

For
Polkus :

And that's it for now ! I'll be back asap... maybe just in 2 weeks like this time, but maybe before if I can. Here is my transcription list for now. If your name is on it, then don't worry, I'll do your transcription ! No double post please (if you have nothing new to add, of course), or your name will go at the bottom of the list everytime ! Thanks again for your comprehension and patience !
    Tysontwenty (only waiting for you to answer my question to give you the transcription)
    Manuela (only waiting for your answer too !)
    mang02 (waiting for your answer to finish the transcription)
    Ryanne (waiting for your answer too)
    necrogodomega (waiting for answer too)
    lauza (waiting for your answer)
    ljf90
    tat kid (waiting for your answer)
    Nettliens
    verde
    jenavarro (waiting for your answer)
    ryanw
    Isabel
    katiechelle88
    Kalika1988
    James_WB
    chellann
    mimi2322
    unbazok (waiting for your answer)
    Beorn13
    nicci1991 (waiting for your answer)

Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby jenavarro » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:55 pm

Isildilme,

If you can translate Navarro in english and spanish that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
jenavarro

Postby unbazok » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:32 pm

sorry i did mean "not all those who wander are lost"
would also like "grace"
cheers
unbazok

Postby mie030 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:48 pm

Hi
I was wondering if anyone could help me out. im looking to get a tattoo for my birthday next week and have been searching everywhere for the word "strength" in tengwar annatar and also the numbers.. 88.91.02

Thx :)
mie030

Postby chellann » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:37 pm

For ISILDILME

Sorry no pressure intended. I thought I'd worked the translation out for myself from a site that has the tolkien alphabet and booked my tattoo, Then got worried because I was not sure if I done it properly.
I will totally understand if you dont fit me in. I know your very very busy.........
Please dont get ran over with a bus or any other mode of transport!!!!

Many thanks
xxx
chellann

Postby preetjas » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:18 am

Thank you so much! Really appreciate it :) Will send you a pic of my tattoo :)
preetjas

Postby RazorBoy » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:29 am

Thank you, I really appreciate it but only one thing can u maybe (if u have) post a bigger resolution or is this big enough to get my tatoo done (it'll be around 12x4 cm big)

Thanks again,

RB
RazorBoy

Postby Isildilmë » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:57 am

chellann wrote:For ISILDILME
I thought I'd worked the translation out for myself from a site that has the tolkien alphabet and booked my tattoo, Then got worried because I was not sure if I done it properly.

If you have some transcription you made by yourself, I suggest you post it and if it's correct I'll confirm it for you much quicker !

mie030, I just want to inform you that it is possible that you don't have your transcription for next week (but it should be soon, so maybe as a late self birthday gift !).

preetjas, I will be very pleased to see your tatoo :)

RazorBoy, if you want a bigger resolution, e-mail me so I'll send it to you (it's better not to post big pictures here).

I continue to take the requests in note and I'll work on them very soon.

Isildilmë Celumenarwissë
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Re: Dum Spiro, Spero

Postby VioletPhoenix » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:31 am

Isildilmë--Thank you for checking that for me!! :) I am hoping to get a tattoo of that in the very near future, and as you know tattoos are for life, so I wanted to make sure it was correct. Thank you so very much!!
VioletPhoenix

Re: Dum Spiro, Spero

Postby Isildilmë » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:53 am

My pleasure ! :horse:
Isildilmë
Devoted to the Sheen

Postby RazorBoy » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:03 pm

@Isildilmë: Thank you, I send you an e-mail with my e-mail adress.
RazorBoy

Postby mie030 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:40 pm

Isildilmë : Thats ok a late birthday present works ok to :).. I appreciate ur reply an any help u can give.
I do just have one more request if at the same time as doing the other ones you could also in the same script do .. Halo.

Thx
mie030

Thanks

Postby EmilyAlina » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:20 pm

That looks awesome Isildilme! thank you! I am so happy to have it so soon with enough time to draw it out and size it for my tat in about a month! Thanks again! im sure ill be back again,
Take care,
EmilyAlina

PreviousNext

Return to Language