Ye Olde Pony Express RP Classifieds Here! UPDATED 5 Oct

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Do you find Ye Olde Pony Express helpful? (You can check off more than one option, as I'm interested in broad feedback, not in percentages)

Yes, I check it regularly.
16%
Yes, I check it only occasionally.
12%
I'm interesting in finding new writers to join me.
9%
I'm here out of curiosity but this thread may be useful to me in the future.
60%
I can't see much use in it.
4%

Total votes : 57

Ye Olde Pony Express RP Classifieds Here! UPDATED 5 Oct

Postby Impenitent » Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:55 pm

"Hoy, Nob! Nobby, where are you, you woolly-toed young ninny! There be folk waitin' on us to put up their advertisements in The Chronicle! Get a move on, ye slow-coach, take these uns' I've got ready and put 'em up!"

Nobby hurried in through the double swinging doors which led from the back room, wiping ink from his fingers on an ink-stained cloth. He looked a little harried and his waistcoat looked as if it had been used for a similar purpose, though probably inadvertently.

He reached across the old wooden counter of Ye Olde Pony Express and The Daily Chronicle to take the wad of papers from old Tobold Bracegirdle, his good-natured face smiling sheepishly at his gaffer's grumbles. Old Toby peered over his spectacles, watching to make sure the young hobbit pinned the new notices neatly on the pinboard. He was very insistent on order and neatness and was doing his best to instill the same values in his grandson.

The late afternoon sun highlighted the very large billboards that dominated the walls of Ye Olde Pony Express office, all neatly covered with printed advertisements seeking bards, mercenaries, villains, heroes and assorted oddbods. Several bold souls shamelessly lauded their own skills in these very professions, hoping thereby to be taken on in RP threads. Prominently displayed above the billboards, two helpful signs declared in bold red script:
~~~ * ~~~ * ~~~ * ~~~ * ~~~ * ~~~ * ~~~ * ~~~ * ~~~ * ~~~ * ~~~ * ~~~ * ~~~

Advertisements accepted here from all Roleplayers and Threadleaders

All customers seeking an RP to join with, or seeking other writers to enter into their story ? either already in the telling or in planning stage - should ensure that they remain In Character at all times when meeting other Roleplayers in this here Pony Express and Daily Chronicle office.

Roleplayers seeking positions in a story should have ready to hand a goodly example of their writing skills.

Threadleaders seeking others to join them should provide compelling brief summaries of their story and requirements to entice writers who may be interested.

Providing links (to demonstrate your writing prowess or the sterling qualities of your story) and contact details (so that interested parties can contact you) will enhance your chances of success.

Please note: notices which do not uphold the rules of acceptable grammar and coherence WILL NOT BE POSTED!

Notices for special events, such as festivals, balls, and other sundry celebrations to which the whole RP community are invited will also be prominently accommodated in The Daily Chronicle.

~~~ * ~~~ * ~~~ * ~~~ * ~~~ * ~~~ * ~~~ * ~~~ * ~~~ * ~~~ * ~~~ * ~~~ * ~~~

Nobby was engaged in removing some of the out of date notices from the billboard which had advertised vacant positions in a number of Roleplays. There had been several writers who had come through Ye Olde Pony Express office recently looking for amenable Roleplays to join and quite a few positions had been filled so Nobby was now replacing them with new advertisements. Some of these his gaffer had received by pigeon-mail and expertly prepared the advertising notices now in his grandson's hand; others had been placed in person by the advertisers, who came in to laboriously write out their notices by hand.

Nobby loved working in Ye Olde Pony Express, despite the daily hen-pecking he endured from his granddad. There was no place else in the Shire where one could meet such a variety of people! Not just the dwarves and occasional elves and odd southerners everyone could come across in The Ivy Bush, having a pint. The Pony Express office also saw Orcs, Balrogs, Ringwraiths, wizards and other occasional maiar, as well as some completely unrecognisable individuals who made Nobby's jaw drop. Even old Toby had been known to be rendered speechless when faced with a Nazgul. Of course, they all observed the rules, the All Alliance Truce, because the service offered by the Express was unique and valuable to every single RPer, no matter their alliance.

It was an amazing and sobering thing, Nobby reflected, standing across the counter from a Ringwraith and knowing you were perfectly safe. O' course, you still felt your marrow freeze and the hair prickle on the back of your neck, but they couldn't really be held responsible for the shivers they caused just by standin' there. Speakin' of which...

"Gran'dad," he called, his voice a little muffled as he was holding the pinboard pins firmly between his teeth, "I think I saw some glints o' light moving in that ol' glass ball you keep in the back room. I've got a feelin' that some of 'em Dark folk are lookin' for some players too."

Toby looked up from his ledger, his brown eyes thoughtful beneath his bushy white brows.

"Is that so, Nobby? Well, well...I'm not surprised. Ever since I put that silly orc to rights for misspelling and Netspeak, them Dark folk are a mite more careful to abide by the All Alliance Truce when they come in 'ere. Like I always says, blood on the counter is very bad for business. If they can't keep their hands off'n their swords 'n' axes in 'ere, they can't use 'em for writin' their notices with."

When he'd finished putting up the new notices, adjusting carefully to line them up neatly so he wouldn't catch it from his gaffer, Nobby took the old notices back behind the counter to file carefully in the timber filing cabinets. All the drawers were filled with neatly cross-catalogued notices so that any RP could be found using the "Search" function. Old Toby prided himself on always keeping the Classifieds in The Chronicle up-to-date, to avoid disappointment amongst his customers.

"Right, then, grandad! I'm done." Nobby smiled over his shoulder at his gaffer as he shrugged on his old coat, already licking his lips at the thought of his first mug of beer down at The Ivy Bush.

"Ye've re-filled all the inkpots, have ye?" Old Toby queried.

"Yes, I filled 'em earlier," Nobby confirmed cheerfully. Toby's sharp eyes looked over the counter, checking for himself.

"And ye've put out the fresh paper so folk can write out their 'vertisements when they come in for business?"

"Did that, too," Nobby's very voice was smiling now. Toby grunted, seeing the little baskets along the well-scrubbed counter-top neatly filled with paper, ready for new advertisements.

"And what about the discarded paper baskets, eh? Have you emptied 'em out back?"

Nobby's shoulders sagged.

"I'll just do that now, then, shall I?" Nobby's voice sounded a little deflated now. The corners of Old Toby's mouth twitched with amusement, but he merely grunted again at Nobby as he bent back over the ledger. The discarded paper baskets were large and always overflowed. it was amazing to him how much paper these Roleplayers went through writing, rewriting, editing and tweaking the drafts of their advertisements.

"That's it, my boy; never shirk a job today that will halve the burden for tomorrow, as I always say."

Nobby picked up the first of the six, big baskets, opened the creaking front door to the store, causing the little bell on the spring above it to tinkle, and carried it out the back, where it was to be washed, pulped and recycled.

The Ivy Bush would have to wait.
Last edited by Impenitent on Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Impenitent
Rider of the Mark

YE OLDE PONY EXPRESS NOTICEBOARD

Postby Impenitent » Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:58 pm

YE OLDE PONY EXPRESS NOTICEBOARD

Here be vacancies in Roleplay Stories
MAKE SURE YOU PROVIDE A CONTACT ADDRESS!

Roleplayers seeking positions are advised to approach threadleaders, either here in Ye Olde Pony Express Office or directly to the email address provided by the advertiser.

~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~

ADVENTURERS WANTED

Threadmistress elerrina_narloth seeks a crew to join her in an adventure set in the strife and heartbreak of the sack of Eregion.
Elerrina requires most especially elves and dwarves, but other adventurers are also welcome.
The adventure has not yet begun so keen adventurers would do well to contact her immediately in the OOC Red Sunrises

~~~*~~~

SEEKING ADVENTURES TO JOIN

~~~*~~~
Last edited by Impenitent on Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:05 am, edited 22 times in total.
Impenitent
Rider of the Mark

THE DAILY CHRONICLE

Postby Impenitent » Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:58 pm

THE DAILY CHRONICLE

Here be Notice of Special Events to take place in The Prancing Pony and to which all and sundry Roleplayers are invited.

Impenitent
Rider of the Mark

Postby WillowWetherford » Sat Jun 12, 2004 12:39 pm

Hello kind sirs! Could you tell me where to go to get a RP approved? I would be most obliged to help you and aid you in any way if you were to help me.
WillowWetherford
Shield Bearer

Postby ThreadStalker » Sat Jun 12, 2004 3:31 pm

Threadstalker entered the offices of the Daily Chronicle to look the place over.

This is a very good idea and I am anxious to see how it will work out in practice. I do remind everyone that the thread will be held to the regular standard for posting in The Pony. That means that all posts should be made in character weither posting for a thread or an individual advertisement.

There is generally no need to ask permission when starting a regular RP thread. Read the Guidelines and some of the other informational threads posted in this forum. Make your best opening post, and post it. A new thread will certainly attract the attention of the Pony Patrol and if it does not meet the standard we will tell you.

Satisfied that the thread was meeting the applicable standards, Threadstalker drew his hood up over his head so that it hid his features. Taking his staff in hand he left the office and returned to his duties
ThreadStalker
Ranger of the North

Postby Impenitent » Sat Jun 12, 2004 3:31 pm

Toby looked up from his ledgers with a comfortable, welcoming smile on his face

"Hullo, Missus! Approved? Well, I can't rightly say that you need it APPROVED. That's not how it works, here, ye see.What ye need is, for it not to be DISAPPROVED by the moderators - them's like our sherifs." Toby' s brown eyes sharpened in helpful concentration.

"What ye need do, is write yerself a good openin' post and put it up fer all to see. If ye've not done it 'afore, then take a peek at some o' the existing stories - the ones that've been about fer a bit and read their opening posts. That'll give ye an' idea of what ye need to do (even the opening post of THIS thread) in terms o' introducing your CHARACTER, introducing the STORY PLOT and IMMEDIATE ENVIRONMENT, and some hooks fer peope te latch onto."

The old hobbit smiled encouragingly at his first customer for the day.

"As long as ye write proper Westron, and think of it as a STORY, with meat and bones, ye'll be right! And once it's up, come in an' write a notice fer me to put up on the Noticeboard, asking fer people to join ya and ye'll be off!"

"Take a look at this, missus. It'll give ye some more help."

The tinkle of the bell made Toby look towards the door and his kindly smile creased into a hearty grin.

"Well, well! Look at that! Them's one of our Moderators, missus! Howdy, Threadstalker and good to see ye once more!"

The Mod smiled - it took abit of effort ;) as the mods worked hard to maintain a strict and solemn face, but Toby saw the twinkle in the eyes. The mod looked the place over with great interest, nodding his head amicably, and went off again, about the important business of sheriffing.
Impenitent
Rider of the Mark

Postby WillowWetherford » Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:36 pm

Thank you kind people I was starting to get a little worried...can do.
WillowWetherford
Shield Bearer

Postby Rodia » Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:18 am

The sign spelled it out right- 'Ye Olde Pony Express'. Rodia looked for any other signs, just to make sure. She would have also checked the piece of paper she jotted down the address on, but of her fourteen pockets, none gave the note up. She looked left and right twice, and stepped into the office holding her breath.

It seemed like the right place, but Rodia felt quite like the wrong hobbit. Still, she trotted over to the noticeboard to scan the announcements pinned up.

It gave not the answer she was looking for. Nervously, she looked around, and spied an elderly hobbit sitting at a ledger- he seemed like one in charge, and more importantly, one of a kindly disposition.

"Beg pardon, sir. I don't ask for myself...for a friend...see, I don't roleplay much, I've no brains for it, hard as I try I always get lost. But my friend, see...he's over in the Green Dragon right now sleeping a night of hard travel off, and I thought I'd do him a little favour and ask if this was the right place to put up a notice, if it's not in the Pony he wants to find companions, but in the Dragon?"

The old hobbit raised his eyebrows, and Rodia knew she had muddled things up again.

"What I meant to ask is, is this noticeboard up for players in the Pony only, or can those from the Dragon use it too?"
Rodia
Ringbearer

Postby Impenitent » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:46 pm

Old Toby was absorbed in his ledgers when he heard the little tinkle of the bell over the door. He glanced up briefly to catch sight of the young hobbit lass who browsed timidly over the noticeboards.

She seemed well absorbed taking it all in, so Toby completed his entry carefully, knowing she would ask for what she needed in her own good time without him sticking his nose in 'afore she was ready. But when she did come to the counter she spoke of the Green Dragon and his eyebrows went up.

"Oh! Well, young lass, you've given me a hard chestnut this time, I have to say! Let's see now..." Toby scratched his chin and peered through his spectacles at the counter, as if it could give him the answer he needed. His face brightened suddenly as an idea came to him.

"As a matter of fact, I seem to recall a young warrior type lad...name of Rainfield, if I remember rightly...he's got a little sideline going in the Dragon that could well help your friend!" Taking a scrap of paper, Toby jotted down the address and handed it to the young hobbit.

"I think you'll find him at this address. He's also trying to match up jobs with appropriate applicants in his neck of the woods. Don't know whether he's still at it, but your friend can give it a try if he's willing."

"But don't run off just yet.." Toby's kindly face wrinkled into a wide grin.

"I think you're onto something...there are plenty of RP folk who wander between the lands of the Pony and the Dragon and I'll wager that more than a few would be looking at both the Inns for jobs and stories to tell." Toby sniffed and pushed his glasses up his nose.

"I see no reason why your friend couldn't put up a notice here even though he's seeking companions there. I'm perfectly willing to give it a try...he can fill out one of my notices good and proper...and make it quite clear that his adventure is out at the Dragon...and I'll put it up and see whether there are any applicants."

"Just mind... I need an address for interested parties to contact him...and a little summation of his adventure...and what kind of burglars - er - companions he has need of..."

Toby twinkled at the hobbit lass again, nodding encouragingly.
Impenitent
Rider of the Mark

Postby foodaddict » Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:16 pm

Good day, friends! Do I approach anyone if I want to post an ad, or do I just go on and post it here by myself?
foodaddict
Rider of the Mark

Postby Impenitent » Sat Jul 03, 2004 4:33 pm

Startled to hear the voice behind him without any warning - why hadn't the bell tinkled? - Nobby turned abruptly from the pinboard with a mouth full of pins. Hurriedly putting down the notices on the old wooden bench nearby, he spat the pins out onto his hand and smiled at the stranger.

"Hallo! did't hear you come in. Ye don't need to tell anyone - it's pretty straightforward in the Pony Express. Just write out one o' them notices..." Nobby pointed to the sheets of paper waiting on all the benches, ink-wells nearby and plentiful quills sharpened and at the ready.

"Mind, ye've got to put all the required information on them or me gaffer will go spare. Ye need the name o' your adventure (linked proper if it's already underway), a little summary of what you're up to in there, what kind of adventurers have already gathered and what kind of positions are vacant."

"Oh! And if you don't have an Aside thread yet for new applicants to introduce themselves, then it'd be a good idea to have your address on your notice too."

"One last thing...ye've got to come back - or send us a pigeon mail - and let us know if all the positions have bee filled so that we can take your notice down when ye don't need it any more."

Nobby helpfully brought over a sheaf of blank paper - RPer's seemed to want to make endless drafts of their notices before being satisfied - and left it on the bench nearest the stranger, then went back to straightening up the noticeboard before old Toby got back from lunch.
Impenitent
Rider of the Mark

Postby foodaddict » Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:12 am

Thank you. I appreciate this. :)
The thread I started is titled: "The Depths of Darkness" http://forums.tolkienonline.com/viewtopic.php?t=79222 and the story is roughly regarding this company assembled by the King of the Corsairs for a strange purpose of his. He wants them to attempt the retrieval of a family heirloom that supposedly is in Dol Guldur, the Necromancer's stronghold. They set off with only his words guiding them and after quite some difficulty they arrive at Dol Guldur. They (miraculously) manage to steal the heirloom and escape, but then as they make their way back to Umbar they realize that it wasn't going to be that easy. This happens before Sauron is driven from Dol Guldur by the White Council.
So far we're still about to leave Umbar and we need several RPers to fill in the characters the company is to meet along the way to Dol Guldur. The most urgently needed character is a Gondorian who percieves the coming of the Corsairs. He/She will be the key opposition the company will encounter in Gondor, and we were hoping for someone to fill this character with substance. Other characters are welcome, though. Our OOC is [url]http://forums.tolkienonline.com/viewtopic.php?t=78685[/I].
Please do contact us as soon as possible.
foodaddict
Rider of the Mark

Postby Proud_Mary » Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:47 am

Mary Proud raised her head . “ Ye Olde Pony express” - this was definitely place she was looking for. She knocked and entered. Small guy looked at her with attention. She smiled nervously and tried to make her hair look less shaggy than always. It didn’t worked.
She took big blue book with name “Dictionary” and started reading fast.
“ Well hello there ! “ She started with great attention “ I’m Proud Mary and I’m looking for some good company of adventurers for me to join. I’ve been in Green Dragon – but there are few wanderers there. Here ….” She showed another book which was “ Essential guide through TORC – site of 100 wonders” “ Here…is said that here is the best place to look for company, so here is my note”
She gave hobbit , piece of paper. It was filled with corrections, and deletions , but it said :
“ I have lots of time , and desperately looking for some adventures. I’m foreign ,and new here but I’m trying hard. I have experience In writing and RPG but none of those in Online RP or English writing. I’m having few RP in Green Dragon and One here ( Orthanc Run here, Nocturne, To and From II , and Retaking of Lebennin in Green Dragon if someone likes to see my style.) But I have lot of time and I’m seeking for more”
Hobbit stopped reading and looked at Proud Mary from behind of note. She gave him big , nervous smile and looked at her dictionary once again.
“Oh , I can draw also …I can be helpful. So is it a right place for that kind of note ?”
Hopeful brown eyes stared at hobbit from behind of shabby hair.
Proud_Mary
Shield Bearer

Postby Impenitent » Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:03 am

Toby took the notices from the two hopeful RPers with a reassuring smile. He examined the hand-written notes through his spectacles to make sure everything was correct and that he could read them properly.

"Now, ProudMary, you might want to consider providing an email address so people can contact you - or read through some RP threads and, when you come across any you like, you can ask to join them directly in their OOC thread."

"Not to worry, I'll transcribe both these notices and get Nobby to put them up on the noticeboards properly as soon as he comes in. I'm sure you'll get some responses here."

"Now, don't you two forget to come in and tell me to take down the notices when you no longer require them! The noticeboard can get very cluttered with old notices otherwise."

The bell tinkled as he was talking and he turned to the door to see who entered. Toby peered over his specs, which had slipped down his nose, recognising an old hand at the RP game who abruptly pinned a private message on the board without even a 'bye your leave' and walked out again.

Toby picked up the hastily written note, seemingly quite put out by the off-hand manner the elf.

"Hmmm...I would have expected at least a nod for the social RP graces from Finrod. A one-liner from that veteran comes as a bit of a shock, I must say - quite out of character."
Impenitent
Rider of the Mark

Postby luthienelflover » Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:48 am

A young blond Elf by the name of Lindar stood before the Ye Olde Pony Express. He glanced left and then right, and then, reluctantly, straight ahead. He wondered why he had been chosen to post this notice; why couldn't one of the others have bestirred themselves? But the answer was already there -- because he was the leader of the company, of course. He silently cursed once again the misfortune that had led to that.

Lindar pushed the door open. A little bell tinkled, and an old hobbit sitting at the counter glanced up at him. Lindar managed a smile and a little nod.

A younger hobbit with a mouthful of pins stood by the bulletin boards, tearing down old notices and tacking up new ones. He smiled cheerfully at the young Elf, who smiled back and approached him.

"Good day. Is this where I post a notice?"

"Yessir! Just write out one o' them notices. Make sure ye've put all the required information on it! Then jest give it to me and I'll have it transcribed and posted."

"Thank you," Lindar replied, taking a blank sheet of paper, a pen, and an inkwell. He dipped the pen in the ink. He already had a fair idea of what he wanted the notice to say, so it was only a couple of drafts later before he handed a sheet to the hobbit which read:

"The Company of the Coisar, started by Arwenelf but run jointly by all of its members, would like new members. The children and descendents of a group who travelled Middle Earth to find a magical healing stone must now band together to save Gondor’s heir from an evil overlord. The company has already travelled from Gondor up through Mirkwood. They had plans to go to the Lonely Mountain, but events have made that unnecessary and now they are turning back to their original destination. So far, the company consists of two dwarves, two hobbits, four elves, a Man, and a semi-intelligent draft horse, all written by a group of six writers. The RP moves rather slowly and we are hoping that any and all who want to join an Adventure will come and pay us a visit in the OOC thread.”

"Is that all right?" the Elf asked anxiously.
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Impenitent » Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:50 pm

Nobby took the notice the elf held out to him and smiled up shyly. He couldn't quite get used to how tall elves were, no matter he saw them almost daily.

Nobby scanned the paper, found that all the information had been provided and nodded his curly head.

"Perfect! I'll get it right up - no need to transcribe this one," he grinned. "It'll stay up for about a month or so, unless you come in before then to tell us your company is complete."

He took the notice to the board, shifted around a few of the sheets to make the overall effect nice and balanced, and tacked it up carefully.

Whistling, he made his way back behind the counter to get the ink bottle and refill all the inkwells.
Impenitent
Rider of the Mark

Postby GwenElf » Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:10 am

Andante halted in the centre of the street. This should be about right, she thought, providing the man back there had given her the correct directions. She began humming softly to herself, and in her mind's eye, which was much better than both of her other eyes combined, she 'saw' the buidling in front of her. She walked forward, confident in her ability to not run into anything, but not so much in her ability to find the Express. The Elven bard knew she'd feel stupid if she was at the wrong place.

She ran her hands over the door, humming still, but there was no sign that she could find, no letters she could trace her fingers over. Shrugging to herself, she pushed the door open.

There were only a few figures moving about the place, no more than shadows to her inner sight. She was about to ask if she was at the Ye Olde Pony Express, when a voice at her left made her turn sharply.

"Welcome to the Ye Olde Pony Express, my lady!" the voice said, and then, almost immediately, “Oh, sorry to startle you!”

Andante smiled. “That’s quite alright,” she said to the source of the voice—a Halfling, she thought. “I’d like to post an ad, please.”

“Of course, of course!” the Hobbit said, and there was the sound of rustling paper. She heard him set a bottle of ink on the counter next to her. “Here you are, miss, just write down the pertinent information, and I’ll put it up on the board for you.”

The Elf’s smile faded momentarily, and when it returned, it was slightly guilty. “Would you mind writing it out for me, uh..?”

“Nobby, m’lady! Write it out for you, hmm?” The Halfling’s voice faded, and there was a pause. Then Andante heard him take a breath that sounded like “Ohh!”

She smiled sheepishly. “I’m afraid I'm blind, Nobby. If you’d write it out for me, I’ll be more than happy to tell you what I’d like it to say.”

“Of course, of course!” Nobby acquiesced. She heard him take the quill pen in his hands. “Ready!”

Andante thought for a moment, and then began.

The Fans of Too Many Things Guild is seeking members for its new RP, Dangerous Path. (RPers need not be members of the Guild). The story follows a group of Elves departing from the Grey Havens which finds itself upon a small island after the ship is caught in a storm. They soon discover that their presence upon the island has awakened an ancient force which has left the island for the lands of Middle-earth. Despite their desires to continue for the Havens, the Elves decide to return to the mainland to attempt to destroy the force which is now wreaking havoc upon the peoples of Middle-earth.
Despite the fact that the initial characters must be Elves or half-Elves, members of the other races are encouraged to join once the company has returned to Middle-earth (or before, if you can find an appropriate place for your character to enter.)
Anyone interested is welcome to visit our OOC.

Andante nodded. “That should do it. Thank you very much for your assistance, Nobby!”
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Proud_Mary » Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:35 am

Proud Mary finished writing something , and gave small piece of paper to halfling
" Here's what you requested - my pigeon mail box adress :

leszcze_i_jeszcze@interia.pl

So if somebody still looking for RP'ers can send me a mail. Sometimes its hard to know , speccialy in developed RP is there still place for someone new. For now on I found one i Dangerous Path - so seems tah Old pony helps much "

Thankfull smile shined her face. She shaked hobbits hand greatfully.
" But Im still looking for adventures !! "
She shouted from doors , walking away to streets of TORC.
Proud_Mary
Shield Bearer

Postby Impenitent » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:53 pm

Nobby watched the door swing shut behind their satisfied customer, the sheepish smile on his face fading slowly with the tinkle of the door bell.

He wondered whether his gaffer had heard - wasn't often that Nobby was the recipient of grateful thanks and he hoped old Toby had noted it. He glanced over to his grandad, whose grey head was bent over the ledgers on the counter, spectacles slipping down his nose again. His face was a picture of focussed concentration - a little too focussed. Doubtless he had heard

Nobby smiled again and started whistling as he made his way to the noticeboard to put up the notice he had written out for Andante - it wasn't even up yet and already it had seen results! He tidied up, sorted the waste paper, cleaned the quills...

Toby cleared his throat discreetly, his head still bent over the ledger. Nobby looked over at his gaffer warily.

"Ye didn't do too badly, this morning, Nob." Toby's voice was careful and moderate, but Nobby's grin was wide.
Impenitent
Rider of the Mark

Postby Proud_Mary » Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:50 am

Door opened with loud noise , and Proud Mary run into Old Pony express with tons off books in her bag.
- Sorry !! – she said fast – I’m on the run. Thanks to Pony express I found many adventures to join , so I’m busy lad right now !! Thank you very much , and I think I have enough of quests for now on , so you cant take off my request !!
Someone shot her name on the street and she turned quickly going to the door .
- I got to go now !! Thank you very much for help !!
And there she was gone again…Strange …
Proud_Mary
Shield Bearer

Postby Arvandor » Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:44 am

The door opened and a tall man walked in, clad in full armor, it was easy to tell he was a Swan Knight of Dol-Amroth and proud of it. He had defended the white city from the armies of Sauron, he had marched to no return to give Middle-Earth one last chance, and he'd do it all again for lord Imrahil. His name was Arvandor...
"Welcome to the Ye Olde Pony Express, my good sir!" a voice came from behind, an older halfling had come over to help, the tall knight towered over him. He'd only seen halflings at the time of the great war. And a great respect they earned then...
"Ahh...I've come to post on the noticeboard, things have been to quiet at home, and I'm looking to travel."
The old hobbit kindly pointed him in the direction of the notices. The knight knew he had to be quick, he could already here his great horse was getting impatient, he grabbed a quill and started to write out his notice. When he was done he realized he hadn't written much, mostly he wrote about the fact that he was prepared to leave immediatley, and of course boasted he was a Swan Knight. He tacked it up, gave the halfling a pat on the back and hurried out...
Arvandor
Shield Bearer

Postby Arvandor » Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:03 am

The door swung open and Arvandor hurried in again...
"Sorry, I need to make an edit..."
He took his post and added his contact to it, it could surely proove handy...

Maxum_T0388@yahoo.com
Arvandor
Shield Bearer

Postby Impenitent » Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:50 pm

Gaffer Bracegirdle put down his mug of coffee and hastily wiped his lips as Proud_Mary entered the Express office to excitedly let him know that the advertisement had worked and she was now happily engaged in a number of quests.

"Well, well! Glad to hear it, Mistress! Be well and take care of yourself on those quests of yours." Tobold, being a hobbit of the old school, still felt a certain distaste at the idea of people traipsing off into the wild instead of sitting home where they belonged - as civilised people would do. But...not all the world thinks as hobbits think, he reminded himself as he made for the noticeboard to remove Proud_Mary's notice. Each to his own...

The door had barely swung shut behind the satisfied customer when it opened again with its merry tinkle and a tall man in magnificent armour entered. He towered over Toby, but the old hobbit remained unflustered - over the years he'd grown accustomed to the various shapes and sizes of RPers.

"Welcome to the Ye Olde Pony Express, my good sir!"

The Knight hastily scribbled up his notice, rushed out the door and returned to add a forgotten note to it. He left again with a hasty smile to acknowledge Toby's encouraging nod.

The tinkle of the doorbell faded and Toby sighed, wandered over to the noticeboard to retrieve the hasty note and proceeded to write it out again to his satisfaction - an unnecessary step, really, but he was a hobbit of old habit and he liked things neat!

He pinned it up again when it was done, rearranged the existing notices to his satisfaction and stood back to admire his handiwork. He gave a small grunt of satisfaction, adjusted his spectacles and went back to his mug of coffee. It had gone cold.
Impenitent
Rider of the Mark

Postby foodaddict » Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:42 pm

Hi Impenitent! :horse: I just read our OOC now...I finished a major college entrance exam yesterday, see :roll: ...anyway, I'd like to keep our ad posted if that's all right. :D It's been a big help, and I'm glad we have this thread around. :P
foodaddict
Rider of the Mark

Postby TarAlderion » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:29 am

The door once again swung open, and in stepped a tall man. His face could not be seen as he wore a weather stained cloak and a hood. As he walked forward, the hobbit could see bright armor shine from under his Cloak.
The man approached the hobbit and removed his hood. The hobbit could tell there was something strange about this man. And indeed there was, he was a Numenorian, one of the last. He was known as Tar Alderion. And it is said that he was the last heir of Numenore.

"Greetings good sir!" puffed Toby. "what brings you here this fine day?"

The grim looking man replied, "Long have I wondered the land and wilderness, and its monotny wearies me. I am in search of some excitement, and possibly an adventure."

"Then you have come to the right place!" The hobbit said as he shuffelded over and took out a piece of paper and a pen. "Here, write down your name, where you can be reached, and what you are looking for."

"Very well Master hobbit." Said the man, taking the paper and beginning to write.

After a few minutes, Tar Alderion handed the paper back to Toby, and put his hood back on. He walked to the door, and stopped. He turned and gave a slight bow in appreciation towards the hard working fellow. Then he had left.

Toby read what the man had wrote:
In search of a proud and loyal company, to join in a great adventure and task. Is willing to join with others if they are in need of aid upon their quests.
Of Ancient Numenorian decent. Is unmatched in his skill in battle. And is a born leader. For additional information please contact.
If interested in joining his quest, or you need his help contact here: athron_anarandune@hotmail.com
TarAlderion
Shield Bearer

Elf

Postby Lantherien » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:55 pm

A cold wind blew inside as the door to the Pony Express was opened and a slight looking figure stepped throuhg. A cloak was pulled around and dwon over the face of the newcomer but all the same the Stout Hobbit Inn keeper bustled over.

"Welcome to the Pony Express, May I be of servie..."

He trailed off not sure what title to give this being.

The begin bent down and spoke quitely to the hobbit and a bow could be seen coming through the outline of the cloak. The obbit nodded and handed the cloaked Traveller a piece of paper and a quill. Quickly the words were added to the paper and the quill returned. Then the paper was placed up on the board before the Traveller took a seat in the darkest corner it could find. The notice Read.

All those who wander and wish for an Elven Archer to accompany them, Contact Lain'mer. Profiecent in hand to hand combat, Archery and Dagger fighting. Contact here at the Inn or at the contact listed below.

Kate_kit15@hotmail.com
Lantherien
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Impenitent » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:02 pm

"Nob! Come out here and help, you young scallywag! The shop's busy today!" Toby called over his shoulder, then walked briskly back into the shopfront, the swinging doors flapping merrily behind him.

Toby bustled about the noticeboard, putting up the two new notices from TarAlderion and Lantherien that had just come in, and ensuring that foodaddict's notice was brought up to the top again.

Nobby came in through the swinging doors, wiping the tell-tale froth from corners of his mouth on his sleeve and with a studied innocence on his face. Toby peered at his grandson. He didn't entirely approve of beer over lunch when there was work to be done in the afternoon.

"The paper bins need refillin' and several o' the inkwells have run dry...and sharpen some quills, lad. We don't want the customers losin' faith in the service."

Nobby nodded briskly and got cracking.

Old Toby, however, was staring into space with an expression of intense concentration. He'd just put up Lantherien's notice and the name had triggered an old memory...

"I wonder..." he muttered, "Could it be the same? The one who served in The Wandering Inn so long ago?..."
Impenitent
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lantherien » Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:54 am

Impenitent wrote:"
Old Toby, however, was staring into space with an expression of intense concentration. He'd just put up Lantherien's notice and the name had triggered an old memory...

"I wonder..." he muttered, "Could it be the same? The one who served in The Wandering Inn so long ago?..."

The hooded figure who sat in the corner noticed to stir the note had lbrought forth in Old Toby. The elf couldn't understand why. Never had this elf wonded these areas. Perhaps some other with a similar name had been through before.
Lantherien
Citizen of Imladris

Postby luthienelflover » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:18 pm

Lindar opened the door to the Olde Pony Express much more confidently this time. He found the young hobbit to whom he had spoken to the last time. The lad was busy rearranging the notices on the board, and Lindar let him finish before clearing his throat to get the halfling's attention.

"Ehm, excuse me," he said politely. "I recieved your note, and I came to say that we would very much appreciate it if our notice for the Company of the Coisar could stay up for a while more. In response to your other question, though, yes, we got a new member because of this notice! We are still very anxious for more, though." He gave the hobbit a smile.

"Thank ye, sir," the hobbit said, and Lindar bowed out.
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby aeglos_ml » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:29 pm

im recruiting writers for a story thread about a wizard named kelen the seeker (not of the istaris)who seeks the young adventurers to go to the bare lands to the north to retrieve the iron crown of morgoth that was cast down in the hour of his downfall in it he preserveb his malice .
kelen seeks this dreaded power for his evil porposes and he is willing to achieveb it any how with him go a young ranger of the north a youn sorceres a dwarf with a rather bolatile personality and a dark clad figure only known as aglos thought his identity is unknown the companions sense a aura of power from the high race

the end is up to the writers and the identity of the unkwon figure too in the end kelen is evil but the companions dont know it yet (exept one maybe)fell free to contact me at carlosml23@hotmail.com
aeglos_ml
Petitioner to the Council

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)