OOC- Tribulation

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

OOC- Tribulation

Postby Shadowfax » Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:45 pm

As per strider's permission I've started the OOC thread. :)

It looks like we have a good thing going here and I'm looking forward to posting with all you old timers again!

I think it's strider's intention to let the story line unfold as it goes along, no planning every thing here then acting it out in the rp.

It looks like a true TORC rp classic we have here. :)

Shadowfax!
Shadowfax
Ranger of the North

Postby strider- » Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:29 pm

thanks buddy, well put.

:drink:
strider-
Ranger of the North

Postby Galhadrim » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:10 pm

I'll dream up a real character and come along somehow. Right now I'm thinking about using Badger the ranger from The Book of Shadows.

:D
Galhadrim
Ranger of the North

Postby Hunter » Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:02 pm

~

And I'll be showing up too, probably with Belle!

Ye gads! I've missed you guys! :D

It looks like a true TORC rp classic we have here.

Cheers! :drink:

~
Hunter
Ranger of the North

Postby strider- » Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:21 pm

we can just keep carrying along as we were, i just pasted the posts we've already done in "Tribulation" and we can just continue to post along as usual...was that ok? I'm wondering if I killed the flow now since we haven't had any movement on it since LOL

I've missed you folks as well :)
strider-
Ranger of the North

Postby Freahelm » Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:30 pm

Yeehaw! This is so awesome!

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

There - now I've posted on the real thread.

Say, look -- where'd this guy come from? :cavetroll:

That's really cool. We've gotta have a cave troll in this thing somewhere later on so we can use that icon.
Freahelm
Rider of the Mark

Postby Shadowfax » Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:49 pm

Freahelm wrote:Yeehaw! This is so awesome!

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

There - now I've posted on the real thread.

Say, look -- where'd this guy come from? :cavetroll:

That's really cool. We've gotta have a cave troll in this thing somewhere later on so we can use that icon.

All alone and the wild Freahelm comes upon.... :cavetroll: :cavetroll: :cavetroll: :cavetroll: :cavetroll: :cavetroll: , he grins as he reaches for his sword! To his horror the blade is missing from it's sheath! A cold sweat forms on his brow!

Good luck! :shock:

Shadowfax!
Shadowfax
Ranger of the North

Postby strider- » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:33 pm

LOL I must admit those are like Super emoticons...though myself I'm kind of partial to :horse: You could almost write one of those picture stories with these things....

"Suddenly the group of :horse: were :shock: to see a group of people :argue: , they must have had too much :drink: . Too much :drink: or affairs of the :heart: often are a sure :TORC: (sign) of an :argue: Then again maybe a big :cavetroll: sent by the big :eye: came by and started :thppt: everyone. That would sure make people :( enough to start :argue: about ways to get rid of the :cavetroll: . Too many :cavetroll: spoil a good :drink: afterall."

Ok...sorry..back to your REAL RPing LOL
strider-
Ranger of the North

Postby Shadowfax » Sun May 08, 2005 5:41 pm

:whistle:

Shadowfax!
Shadowfax
Ranger of the North

Postby strider- » Sun May 08, 2005 7:29 pm

Sorry sorry! Geez! I was away most of last week - big to do in the big TO - we are award winners baby! (work)

Anyhow I will get on it...though I was kind of thinking it was the "doctors" turn...:P
strider-
Ranger of the North

Postby Hunter » Sun May 08, 2005 10:30 pm

~

I've a post nearly ready that includes the doctor in it, but I'm being pulled in about a zillion directions here at home, so if you sit tight, it will be ready soon!

This is a busy month....prom....graduation....spring sports.... why isn't there an icon for being frazzled and pooped? :woah: :D

~
Hunter
Ranger of the North

Postby Galhadrim » Mon May 09, 2005 8:22 am

The good doctor will soon exit after applying what medications will keep him one step ahead of a malpractice lawsuit. After that a certain ranger will come upon the road north of Bree.

Galhadrim
Ranger of the North

Postby Tempest » Mon May 09, 2005 11:35 am

I'm glad we're still on. I thought maybe I killed the thread this time, instead of Jaxon. :shock:
Tempest
Ranger of the North

Postby Freahelm » Sun May 15, 2005 4:10 pm

Nope, nope, no thread killing going on around here. For myself, I was just a bit busy with stuff. I'll post soon.

:horse: The Rohirrim ride forth! Heh heh. What a fun little guy.
Freahelm
Rider of the Mark

Postby Hunter » Thu May 26, 2005 7:59 am

~

OK, I've posted my little bit. It's more of a transition post, without anything really happening but it sets the stage for someone else to take over and perhaps give more information.

I've changed my mind about Belle continuing in the story; can't think of a plausible reason for her to be involved, but I'll come up with someone to join in as soon as the story progresses further.

~
Hunter
Ranger of the North

Postby Galhadrim » Mon May 30, 2005 5:15 pm

I've brought in Badger, Ranger of the North, for this adventure. I'm still not sure why he was following the thugs that beat up Jaxon but I'm sure I'll think of something. He travels light, uses two short swords at the same time instead of the traditional long sword, is proficient with a bow but typically has it broken down and uses it for hunting game, and he can do all the usual ranger tricks of tracking and moving silently through the woods. He has black hair and his temper matches his name. (He also plays the flute and used to be aquainted with Tom Bombadil.)

Galhadrim
Ranger of the North

Postby strider- » Tue May 31, 2005 7:05 pm

whatever you come up with G I'm sure will be great, but if you're looking for some ideas look me up some night on Yahoo...I have a few brewing...
strider-
Ranger of the North

Postby Freahelm » Tue May 31, 2005 10:08 pm

Man, I don't recall the last time I've seen a girl as touchy as this Akara character. Flies off the handle at the slightest thing. Sheesh! :roll:

Anyway, sorry for my little delay. I went out of town for the weekend for a job interview. I'm back now.
Freahelm
Rider of the Mark

Postby strider- » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:11 am

are we still awake? ;)

oh, and I for one am very happy to once again see "The One Ring" back as the identifier on the main page :) all seems right once again...;)
strider-
Ranger of the North

Postby Galhadrim » Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:42 am

Tempest, I should have read your post more thoroughly before putting my latest bit in. I thought Akara was arguing with Freahelm still. I think the two ideas mesh fairly well as written. Any team of assassins usually has a watcher who's assigned to see that the deed is carried out. The team is completely unaware of this person's presence or function. (At least according to Robert Ludlum novels this is how it's done.)

I also think that I've caught up with the timeline by adding a day while Badger hunted down the team leader. But I've tried to be vague enough to be flexible. Other than me, I've never known many of us to worry to much about timeline.

Galhadrim
Ranger of the North

Postby strider- » Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:04 pm

Other than me, I've never known many of us to worry to much about timeline.

:rofl: no...I don't know ANYONE like that that gets all hung up on details, nope not me...LOL
strider-
Ranger of the North

Postby Galhadrim » Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:30 am

BTW Strider, have you seen the latest Veggie Tales DVD? 'Minnesota Cuke and the Search for Samson's Hairbrush.' The bad guys are a group of rogue Canadians who're trying to take over both sides of the Niagra Falls. It's hilarious.

Galhadrim
Ranger of the North

Postby Shadowfax » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:47 pm

Galhadrim wrote:BTW Strider, have you seen the latest Veggie Tales DVD? 'Minnesota Cuke and the Search for Samson's Hairbrush.' The bad guys are a group of rogue Canadians who're trying to take over both sides of the Niagra Falls. It's hilarious.

Canadians are a tricky bunch............................do not turn your back to them! :shock:

Shadowfax!
Shadowfax
Ranger of the North

Postby strider- » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:07 am

LOL Yeah, we might stick a "kick me" sign there. :D

No, G I hadn't seen that one but I'll have to check it out...I do love those Veggie Tales....

Well enough of this lying around right! It's about time she got out of bed!
strider-
Ranger of the North

Postby Hunter » Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:00 pm

~

Hi all

Seems like I've got some reading to do to catch up. June turned out to be a terribly busy month that sped past so quickly that I don't know where the time went. :woah:

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm still planning on continuing with this. :)

~
Hunter
Ranger of the North

Postby Freahelm » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:05 am

Tempest - send me an e-mail? I just want to make sure I'm thinkin' what you're thinkin'...or maybe its the other way around. Anyway, I just wanted to touch base with you on this.

I'm going to be downright busy over the next week, but I'll be back to my normal sporadic-posting self after that.
Freahelm
Rider of the Mark

Postby Tempest » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:35 am

Hey Freahelm, I'd love to shoot you an email, but I can't figure out how to find out what your email is. I used to have it somewhere, but I don't have access to it right now. If you can just remind me, that would be great! My email is: rmackin@dccs.org

Also, I don't have anything really particular in mind, I just don't want Akara to take off and leave the group at the moment, because the reality is that she would either: a) be killed, or b) never enter the storyline logically again. :)
Tempest
Ranger of the North

Postby Tempest » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:40 am

Alright, does ANYONE know Freahelm's email? There used to be an icon where you could email people, but it seems to have disappeared...

BTW, strider, I'm not familiar with all of the background story for Jaxon. Are there some things I should know?
Tempest
Ranger of the North

Postby strider- » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:33 pm

hey Tempest, background info on Jaxon...man is that a long story! LOL what sorts of things would help out? I imagine I'll include the character details as we go along unless there's something specific you need to know. Let me know if there is. Do you Yahoo? or MSN?

Sorry, no idea of Freahelm's email...I'm sure he'll be back

Hey JW... :grouphug: :heart:
strider-
Ranger of the North

Postby Hunter » Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:49 pm

~

I think it's time Hunter became more involved :D I've decided to bring her out of semi-retirement and have her join the quest when it sets out if its okay with everyone.

~
Hunter
Ranger of the North

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)