- The Mariners' Guild -

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby SilverScribe » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:35 pm

Ithilien wrote:By the by, Scribe... You've been Second Mate for so long, would a promotion quiz interest you? ;)

Does a crab have claws? Are kittens cute? Does the sea have waves?

Oh yes please Captain Sir, er Madam, er Captain!

snaps to attention and salutes then strides to the capstan and orders the below deck swabbies to "put their backs into it" and haul up the anchor

Edited to add: TWT!! Ghandi is dead!!! ROFL!!! :P:D

:D:D:D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby §ol » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:45 am

Ithilien wrote:*comes up from her cabin below deck*

*follows Ithy out of her cabin while putting on his belt* :twisted:

What's that I hear? The crew attempting to do away with all the rum? :shock: That's absolutely inappropiate. Put those bottles away, ye wharf-rats! I have announcements to make, so be quiet.

Firstly, glad to see higher ranking officers imposing some discipline unto these urchins here. §ol, Scribe, extra ration of grog for you tonight. But don't let me catch you at the bottles without permission again! Yes, that goes for you too, §ol.

Yas ma'am. *tucks some of the bottles away discreetly*

Sorry. Ghandi's dead, he can't help you now.

*chuckles*
§ol
Mariner

Postby Thewhitetree » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:24 pm

§ol wrote:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You evil evil pirate! :twisted:

Looking for a higher rank are you? :wink:
Thewhitetree
Mariner

Postby Angelus_Fontaine » Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:31 am

Ghandi is dead

:(

So is Solomon Grundy but does that mean we can't have salad? I lurvesssss salad :(

Solomon Grundy, born on a Monday, christened on Tuesday, married on Wednesday, took ill on Thursday, worse on Friday, died on Saturday, buried on Sunday, that is the end of Solomon Grundy

Its nice to see this thread sailing along at such a nice pace.

Well I wouldn't have come here if you hadn't so kindly directed me :wink:

Thanks for the rum Captain! *salutes and indulges and gets back to the deck sponging* :roll:

*follows Ithy out of her cabin while putting on his belt*

Finds a new found respect for §ol :twisted: :wink:
Angelus_Fontaine
Shield Bearer

Postby Nicasam » Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:25 am

Ok everyone, I sent the entrance questions to the Email add on the first page.

How do I know if I am in the guild???

Sorry just wanted to know, carry on.
Nicasam
Ranger of the North

Postby Thewhitetree » Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:51 am

Soj, I believe your name is on the first page as some lowly deckhand. :wink: :P Apparently I'm still less than deckhand... :D

My cousins and brothers gave their limbs for this vessle and I don't get one ounce of respect... :(

:wink:

Angel wrote:Well I wouldn't have come here if you hadn't so kindly directed me :wink:

I'm starting to think maybe it wasn't so kind. ;)

Yes, I get recruits and still no respect. :(

;)

:thppt:
Thewhitetree
Mariner

Postby Nicasam » Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:01 am

Thewhitetree wrote:Soj, I believe your name is on the first page as some lowly deckhand. :wink: :P Apparently I'm still less than deckhand... :D

My cousins and brothers gave their limbs for this vessle and I don't get one ounce of respect... :(

:wink:

Angel wrote:Well I wouldn't have come here if you hadn't so kindly directed me :wink:

I'm starting to think maybe it wasn't so kind. ;)

;)

Ok what are you all talking about??

I cannot find my name anywhere.

Angel said the said the same thing to me in Imi's adoption thread.
What am I not seeing?
Nicasam
Ranger of the North

Postby §ol » Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:07 am

Thewhitetree wrote:
§ol wrote:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You evil evil pirate! :twisted:

Looking for a higher rank are you? :wink:

Angel wrote:

Finds a new found respect for §ol :twisted: :wink:

Yeah. I'm probably going to be throws overboard for insinuating that. Luckily, it's hot out here, and the dip in the pond will feel nice :P

Thewhitetree wrote:Soj, I believe your name is on the first page as some lowly deckhand. :wink: :P Apparently I'm still less than deckhand... :D

Assuming that's a typo and to me, no it's not. I'm not even technically a member of this guild - just an honorary member. :P

Nicasam wrote:I cannot find my name anywhere.

Welcome. Ithy can't constantly update the front page - she's human, just like all of us. I'm sure she's recieved your email,a nd will update the first page accordingly at first available opportunity.

Now get to swabbing. Want to show the Captain you can do a good job, right? ;)
§ol
Mariner

Postby Thewhitetree » Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:36 am

Assuming that's a typo and to me, no it's not. I'm not even technically a member of this guild - just an honorary member

No, not a typo. Soj is short for Sojourner. That is Nicasam's ID over on TST (Thestonetable.com) where he posts a lot more than here and from where I first met him about a year ago. :)

Dang honorary members! You have to spell everything out for them. ;)

Yeah. I'm probably going to be throws overboard for insinuating that. Luckily, it's hot out here, and the dip in the pond will feel nice

Finally my back will have time to heal. :D

Soj, sorry I was wrong. I thought I saw your name there, I was wrong. Don't fret. Ithy'll put it up soon. If she ever gets up from under that vat... :roll: ;)
Thewhitetree
Mariner

Postby Angelus_Fontaine » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:12 am

Thewhitetree wrote: I'm starting to think maybe it wasn't so kind. ;)

;)

Yes, I'm a bit of a rebel. Needs punishment =:) Soon!

*respectfully offers TWT some of his rum* :D

salutes and puts on tanning lotion to show off the now flexing
muscular contours and shadows of his sculpted chest as he swabs the deck

*peeks at SilverScribe to see if she's watching* :roll:
Angelus_Fontaine
Shield Bearer

Postby Thewhitetree » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:01 pm

*peeks at SilverScribe to see if she's watching*

She's watching. ;) :D

Well I just got back from learning all about 'torts' at school. I never realized they were so interesting. You can practically sue someone here in Canada for breathing in your direction... :roll: :P

*has sea legs*

;)

*looks at Angelus then decides to take out own even larger muscles* :twisted:
Thewhitetree
Mariner

Postby Ithilien » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:32 pm

What is this, the Mariners Guild or the Bodybuilders Guild? :shock: Put those overgrown physiques away and get swabbing! With a will!

Nicasam, sorry for the delay, I was actually waiting for you to post at least once. Can't have ghost members aboard; pirates are enough. :wink:

So, without further ado... Welcome aboard the Calacolindo, Deckhand Nicasam! Here's your first ration of our good rum and your first ever Swabbing Sponge! :D

Also, one prom quiz coming up, Scribe! I'd say... get ready for next week, more or less. I'm looking up some REALLY tricky questions. :twisted:

§ol wrote:

*glares at §ol, then drags him aside, away from inquiring ears* :nono:

What did I tell you about following me out so soon? You should've learned your lesson last time, but perhaps this time it'll get through that thick skull of yours.
How do you fancy a few months of celibacy? No rum and no 'cabin duty' for the next six months might have some effect on you.

*boots him off board and waits to hear the satisfactory SPLASH!*

Second Mate! Clap him in irons if he manages to climb back aboard.

Ahem, well. Yes. That'd be all. :angel: Back to your duties y'all! And leave your shirts on this time. :roll:
Ithilien
Mariner

Postby Nicasam » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:25 pm

*continues to scrub the decks....*

Don't hit me Captain Ithy...my shirt is on....

*scrubs some more*

I thank you for my scrubby....It looks rather clean.
Nicasam
Ranger of the North

Postby §ol » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:03 pm

Ithilien wrote:§ol wrote:

*glares at §ol, then drags him aside, away from inquiring ears* :nono:

What did I tell you about following me out so soon? You should've learned your lesson last time, but perhaps this time it'll get through that thick skull of yours.
How do you fancy a few months of celibacy? No rum and no 'cabin duty' for the next six months might have some effect on you.

*salutes* You know as well as I do that it won't have much effect on me, if any, nor can you last those 6 months yourself. With all due respect, of course.

*boots him off board and waits to hear the satisfactory SPLASH!*

Ah, so refreshing :D

Second Mate! Clap him in irons if he manages to climb back aboard.

*throws a knife up and snaps a rope, then ties it around his waist* We're not in dangerous waters at the moment, and I think I'll let you cool off a bit up there before I work my way back up. ;)
§ol
Mariner

Postby Ithilien » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:41 am

§ol wrote:
*salutes* You know as well as I do that it won't have much effect on me, if any, nor can you last those 6 months yourself. With all due respect, of course.

We'll see. =:)

*whistles while steering the ship into sharks hunting areas*

Thanks for offering as bait, Solly. :D
Ithilien
Mariner

Postby §ol » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:50 am

Ithilien wrote:We'll see. =:)

It's like our waltz. I thought you would be used to it by now. We fling, you get embarassed and come up with an excuse for some way that I messed up, then two days later you can't stand it and invite me back in. *sighs* Women. ;)

*whistles while steering the ship into sharks hunting areas*

Thanks for offering as bait, Solly. :D

Who is this "Solly"? And dear, we're becoming far too predictable in our little spats. Next I climb up the rope to hang off the side for a bit before drying out a portion of the rope and flinging it over some of the other rigging and working my way up there to relax without being "on deck," whereupon you get angry at me circumventing you and imagine up ways to get some seagulls to peck my other eye out. But after a day of seeing me up there, you tell Scribe to put the irons into your chambers, because you're like that. :twisted:

God, I am dead, both on here and IM
§ol
Mariner

Postby Nicasam » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:59 am

*continues to scrub the decks*

I wonder when I can take the quiz......*scrubs deck some more*

*is scrubbing*
Nicasam
Ranger of the North

Postby oldtoby » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:56 pm

I imagine only after you chip and paint the hull. :wink:
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Angelus_Fontaine » Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:13 am

Thewhitetree wrote:
*peeks at SilverScribe to see if she's watching*

She's watching. ;) :D

Well I just got back from learning all about 'torts' at school. I never realized they were so interesting. You can practically sue someone here in Canada for breathing in your direction... :roll: :P

*has sea legs*

;)

*looks at Angelus then decides to take out own even larger muscles* :twisted:

Well if you say so :wink: but I think my stalking might have scared her off :roll:

*breathes in TWT's direction, notes muscles and titters* atleast your watching :wink:

Sorry Cap! Might I add you look positively enchanting today the way those breeches hug your..erm.. well distinguished form :P

*prays for another lashing while looking disobediently at §ol * =:)

salutes and swabs all the more vigorously
Angelus_Fontaine
Shield Bearer

Postby Scribbles » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:45 pm

No, sorry, she wasn't watching . . . I've been entertaining a couple of Washington State TORCers for a week and haven't been online very much . . .

Hmmmmmm . . . seems I'll have to come back and catch up tomorrow . . .

sculpted muscles eh?

:whistle:

=:)

And Captain Ithy sir, er, ma'am, I'm still waiting for my "promotion" quiz preciousssssss . . .

;)
Last edited by Scribbles on Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scribbles
Shield Bearer

Postby Angelus_Fontaine » Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:33 pm

Scribbles wrote:No, sorry, she wasn't watching . . . I've been entertaining a couple of Washington State TORCers for a week and haven't been online very much . . .

Hmmmmmm . . . seems I'll have to come back and catch up tomorrow . . .

sculpted muscles eh?

:whistle:

=:)

Yes I made them myself. I was sorta scrawny when I first started out. Had to beef up for the road and learn how to protect myself. :wink:

They feel pretty good too flexes wanna touch em? :D :roll:

Hope your mini moot was a success 8)
Angelus_Fontaine
Shield Bearer

Postby §ol » Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:41 pm

Angelus_Fontaine wrote:Sorry Cap! Might I add you look positively enchanting today the way those breeches hug your..erm.. well distinguished form :P

Nice to see you have some taste under all those pieces of blubber you call muscles. Don't be surprised if you follow me overboard, though. ;)
§ol
Mariner

Postby SilverScribe » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:44 am

Angelus_Fontaine wrote:Yes I made them myself. I was sorta scrawny when I first started out. Had to beef up for the road and learn how to protect myself. :wink:

They feel pretty good too flexes wanna touch em? :D :roll:

Hope your mini moot was a success 8)

Thank you, it was a raging success, at least I think so . . . I had the absolute BEST holiday in longer than I care to remember. Much lounging, drinking, eating, movie viewing, walking and did I say drinking? stretched over a week. It was heaven. 8)

reaches out and squeezes Angelus' bicep with an iron grip and watches him wince . . . Not bad, but sadly, not peredhel quality either . . . winks at §ol, then picks Angelus up by his belt and collar and easily tosses him off the ship into the wine-dark sea . . . Yeah, you guessed it, I've been skimming the Iliad again, hehehe . . .

tosses Angelus a life-preserver then saunters off, whistling . . . :whistle:

SilverScribe

Postby oldtoby » Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:18 pm

reaches out and squeezes Angelus' bicep with an iron grip and watches him wince . . . Not bad, but sadly, not peredhel quality either . . . winks at §ol, then picks Angelus up by his belt and collar and easily tosses him off the ship into the wine-dark sea . . . Yeah, you guessed it, I've been skimming the Iliad again, hehehe . . .

tosses Angelus a life-preserver then saunters off, whistling . . .

<reminds self to cross to the other side of the deck when ever the Scribbly one is approaching>

Actually maybe i'll just stay below with the guns. :wink:
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Nicasam » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:47 pm

oldtoby wrote:

tosses Angelus a life-preserver then saunters off, whistling . . .

<reminds self to cross to the other side of the deck when ever the Scribbly one is approaching>

Actually maybe i'll just stay below with the guns. :wink:

*Looks up from the deck*

Sounds like a good idea T0by......I think I will go with you.

*Runs*
Nicasam
Ranger of the North

Postby Angelus_Fontaine » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:13 am

SilverScribe wrote:

tosses Angelus a life-preserver then saunters off, whistling . . . :whistle:

appears to have had the opposite effect as the peredhel might have thought, in fact Angelus was smiling up at her as if he'd just won the lottery :D :D :D

Atleast he'd gotten her attention, if only for one moment in time. He would remember it ever and always. 8) :P

* splashes water at §ol * You weren't kidding this feels utterly divine :P :roll:
Angelus_Fontaine
Shield Bearer

Postby SilverScribe » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:56 am

Angelus_Fontaine wrote:appears to have had the opposite effect as the peredhel might have thought, in fact Angelus was smiling up at her as if he'd just won the lottery :D :D :D

ROFL!!! The lottery? Y'know, it's too bad the Scribe isn't going to make the current story in the 'Pot, it might have been interesting . . . =:) Ah well, no doubt she'll turn up at some future Festival . . . I'm really enjoying the writing in there, but with the muse taking a recent turn for the flighty, even Cornelius might be hard pressed to keep up . . . ;)

And where has our illustrious Captain Ithy gotten to? Did she sneak landward when we weren't looking? Hmmmmm . . .

saunters off in search of the Rum . . .

SilverScribe

Postby §ol » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:59 pm

She's not been online of late. School, perhaps?
§ol
Mariner

Postby Nicasam » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:12 pm

*Toddles in*

Dangit I am still plushy...Wrong part of forum.....

*Walks In Really Manly like*

HELLOO WHERE IS EVERYONE? *deep manly voice*
Nicasam
Ranger of the North

Postby SilverScribe » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:26 am

LOL! plushy . . .

I think they've all gone ashore to celebrate the long weekend, Nic. Looks like it's just you and me.

So get to swabbing and I'll fix us some grog . . . can't let good rum go to waste after all.

sings as she goes to the galley . . .

Oohhhhhhhhh, Earendil was a lusty old soul,
a lusty old soul was he . . .
He sailed and he drank
and wooed the pretty girls,
and played his fiddle-dee-dee . . .

SilverScribe

PreviousNext

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth