THE LOUNGE FOR BOOKWORMS 5

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby Silwen » Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:10 am

I just finished my holiday photo album containing all the pictures of the visits to see my boyfriend. And as of today we are no longer together. As you can well understand, I am very unhappy right now. So celebration must go on without a happy Silwen. :(
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby minyacaliel » Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:36 am

My gosh, are you allright Sil? :hug: well, of course you're not... :( I don't know what to say, but we're here for ya!!! :hug: Do you want to talk about it, or just...*offers her loads of tea and sympathy*
minyacaliel
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:55 am

Tea and sympathy are good.:) Hugs are good. :hug:

I am not feeling as bad as I could be because he and I have just talked about it and we will remain friends. It is not like I have lost him forever, and we will both be there for one another at all times. It was a good time as long as it lasted and I enjoyed being with him and knowing someone as wonderful as him. It was not a waste of time.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby Gwenare » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:33 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm popping in, hoping I can join this lovely establishment. I LOVE TO READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I brought by some warm, fudged filled cheesecake, strawberry pies, and fried apple pies (of course the vanilla ice cream is in the freezer! :D

Anyway, hope you enjoy!

huggles Sil! Praying for you!

Gwen
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby truehobbit » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:39 pm

Oh, Silwen, I'm sorry to hear that! :( :hug:
It's good that you parted amicably, though.
:hug:

*waves "hi" to Alys*
:hug:
Ahh, good old names - I loved ArPhy at the moot retelling the story of how the lounge began. :)

Welcome to all new bookworms! :grouphug:

I've just got back from seeing "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" - very nice, only the Oompa-loompa songs were a bit annoying. Wonderfully done on the whole, though.
truehobbit
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:49 pm

Hello Gwen, and thank you.:)

Also thank you, Hobby.

I also saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with Toby during my visit. Like you, Hobby, I thought there was far too much singing, but the film as a whole was very nicely done. I really enjoyed it! I have put the book on my wishlist at amazon already.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby K.Evenstar » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:12 pm

Hi all.

First of all big huggles :hug: :hug: :hug: to Silwen. I hope it heals very soon, but it's good to know you're friends still.

My b-day is October 4th, if you want to add that to the calendar ;)

I love watching and reading Poirot. I saw the first one a couple of weeks ago. Excellent stuff. I love the way he gets all the people together, points out all the ways it should have been each of them, then tells them who it actually was.
K.Evenstar
Ranger of the North

Postby Silwen » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:17 pm

Done, K. You're on the list now. :)

And thanks for your hugs and words. It will take some time, but I am getting there. Right now I am reading a book that I bought on my holiday at my boyfriend's place and the story is even set in that area, so that is going to be a hard read to finish because everything reminds me of him. It is a good book nonetheles. ;) It is The Time Traveler's Wife. Is anybody else reading it?
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby elrin » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:43 pm

hi i'm elrin

this looks like a great place to read a book

my b-day is nov 18 if you want to add it
elrin
Ranger of the North

Postby bellmaker4 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:48 pm

Um....Hey. Can I join?
So..ummmmm...what we do here anyways?
(Raids the larder and plops into an armchairin the Gothic Hall.)

Hey, Silwen. Sorry about your boyfriend. :( :cry2: :(
bellmaker4
Ranger of the North

Postby Silwen » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:00 pm

Hello bellmaker!:) Well, we tend to do just that: raid the larder, and talk a bit about all kinds of stuff, and plop into armchairs - though not in the Gothic Hall as there are none in there, I think!:D But in the lounge itself we have lots.

Elrin, you're on the list.:)
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby bellmaker4 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:04 pm

Oh. Well, could I buy a loveseat for it or something?
bellmaker4
Ranger of the North

Postby elrin » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:05 pm

yay i'm on the list

huggles to silwen guys are scum :D
elrin
Ranger of the North

Postby Silwen » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:07 pm

elrin, don't say that! He is still lovely and caring. I have nothing against him or men in general.

bellmaker, you can have anything you want!:D You want a loveseat, you can have a loveseat!
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby bellmaker4 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:11 pm

Awesome! I've got my loveseat, my pizza pile,my PS3,and I'm in a library! What more could I
want?
bellmaker4
Ranger of the North

Postby elrin » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:43 pm

sorry silwen its just all the guys i've been with have broken my heart

bell (can i call you that) what about a good cd
elrin
Ranger of the North

Postby bellmaker4 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:45 pm

Yeah,that's what I've been trying to get people to call me. :roll: Anyway, I'll grab some George Strait and an ipod an settle down.
bellmaker4
Ranger of the North

Postby elrin » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:52 pm

cool i'll call you that i've been wanting keith anderson's new cd anyways

i'm reading the edge coronicles anybody heard of it very good book
elrin
Ranger of the North

Postby portia » Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:15 pm

Ah, Sil, I am sorry you are unhappy.

Reading a good, jolly, book is therapy. However, if that one reminds you of him, there are lots more books around to choose, for now. Each man that passes through teaches us a little more about what we want.

Brownies help, too.
portia
Ringbearer

Postby Gwenare » Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:28 pm

My bday is Nov. 4th!

Thanks for the welcome.

Right now, I am reading FOTR again. I would have already been done and by now in the third, but I'm writing a story that goes along with LOTR, so I refuse to go further in the book until I'm ready to write that section.

I am however enjoying reading various short stories and novels in my reading and English classes at work. My 7th graders just finished Thank You M'amLangston Hughes. It was so awesome!!! I loved it. My 8th graders a reading a story called Raymond's Run (can't remember the author) and it is good too. We have had some great discussions with it. Raymond had hydrocephlas.

I also take time to read a novel to my classes for the last five minutes of every class. My English classes are getting [t]The Magicians' Nephew[/i] by C.S. Lewis while the reading classes are getting Because of Winn-Dixie. They love it. The later is actually a novel that the 7th grade reads during the year, so we will be starting it soon.

There are so many novels and stories that they will get to read. I'm so excited!

I teach special education students, so the other teacher I work with showed me some classics which are written on a lower level. She has one set and we are trying to get a grant for some more. I'm so excited. They are enjoying reading these stories and looking forward to the novels. It is so good to see the eyes of kids light up when reading! I hope I can enstill in them the love of reading no matter how well they read!

Well enough of that.

I hope everyone has a great evening.
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby striderchick » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:11 pm

Hello everyone.. Wonder how long it will take for us to get to number 6. lol

I wore my daffadill broach today, for cancer week, and daffadill day. And in assembly, we were pretty much told "Go buy a daffadill or we'll make you really guilty".

Sorry Silwen. Glad you're OK.

striderchick
striderchick
Ranger of the North

Postby minyacaliel » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:22 pm

Sil, Glad to hear that you're still friends!!! :hug:

I love watching and reading Poirot.

I love Poirot too... I love how he uses his charm and fools everyone to tell him stuff, and especially the "gathering-thingy" you mentioned....:P And the coolest thing about Christie is that ending always gets you...

Anyway, I'm off to our gorgeous capital for weekend but sure to see you on Monday/Sunday!!! :hug:
minyacaliel
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:00 am

:hug: for Portia.:)

Gwen, you are on the list now too.:)

To get my mind off things I will be buying the pieces for my new bookshelf soon!:D Had been wanting to get them for a year now and always found something more important to spend the money on. But now, since I won't need to save money for a ticket to see Toby again very soon (though I hope we can still visit each other sometimes) I cannow spend a little bit of it on my shelf. My old one is spilling over with books and I have no idea where else to keep them. And I like things to look very much in order here. As the German saying goes, "If you have order in your house, you have order in your head." :)
Last edited by Silwen on Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby K.Evenstar » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:01 am

Absolutely. I went to see The Mousetrap in London, earlier in the year - anyone else seen it? In the interval, I said it could be anyone except the person who actually dunnit, so it was probably then (if that makes sense.) Fantastic show, in its 53rd year and still going strong. (It was my mum and dad's first date when they were around my age!)

Elrin, I'm sorry you've had bad experiences with guys, but there are some lovely men out there and chances are Prince Charming is waiting for you somewhere. (I don't know from experience though as I've never had a boyfriend :( )

Silwen Have some chocolate!

Keve xx
K.Evenstar
Ranger of the North

Postby Silwen » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:58 am

seriously contemplates having more chocolate...

Keve, no, I never heard of that show. What was it like to watch it knowing your parents had their first date watching the same one years before?

Elrin, don't worry. Things will get better for you. :) There are good men around, even if they are hard to find. Be patient. :hug:
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby elrin » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:07 pm

well i had a nice guy but he turned out to be scum my ex was a sweetheart but i let him go and he moved i miss him :(

i finished my book now on the second in the series
elrin
Ranger of the North

Postby truehobbit » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:36 pm

Hey, bellmaker - nice to see you in here! :) (What is a loveseat? :shock: :D )

I just wanted to say sorry I didn't get round to writing a report of my extended TORC-moot yet - tomorrow I'm off back to England, for a two-week job-training programme, where I hope to learn something about business English and how to teach it. ;)

I hope you'll still be interested in reports and pics in a couple of weeks. :)

Silwen, I'm sorry I didn't get round to answer your e-mail - the pics will have to wait a bit. :oops:

It's been a busy week, with cleaning up after one journey and preparing for the next - not really what we hobbits do habitually. ;) :)
truehobbit
Mariner

Postby bellmaker4 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:51 pm

It's a sofa cut in half, basically.
bellmaker4
Ranger of the North

Postby elrin » Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:01 pm

or a sofa for just too people where lovebirds sit (hence the name loveseat)
elrin
Ranger of the North

Postby striderchick » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:25 pm

Oh, I forgot to mention, I did do my seminar, and I passed, Thanks for the help

striderchick
striderchick
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive