OOC:A Return Home

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

OOC:A Return Home

Postby Mellaurelom » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:11 pm

As requested, this is the ooc for the "Pot: Return. (Ooh, my very first thread start...)

So all you folks been cluttering up the Bard's guild...COME ON OVER HERE!!!!!

Off to read and maybe post...

Edit: Okay, I posted, and I hope I didn't put anyone's feet to shame... :)

Real quick-so everyong knows who's where, and I'll try to keep this up for us all...

INSIDE:
Aerin, Hobbi, Lurea, Mell, Heather & Beryl, Teth, Crecentus, Borin, Faith, Arthal, Ja'Sen, Or'Dan, Wolfe, LaCroix, Chiara, Cornelius, Pimpernel, Luthy, Natan, Eari

OUTSIDE: Angelus, Trystan, Aleser, Lith

And Hue's somewhere, on his way...
Last edited by Mellaurelom on Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mellaurelom
Ranger of the North

Postby RAULDAC » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:03 am

Materialized from within a cloud of smoke
*cough* got to get that filter fixed :x

*glances around for that cantankorous, golden-haired jewel
with the acid tongue.*

Hmmm..
Having taken HR's advice,
*decides to leave the bottle and black ribboned box*

adds a curse for prying eyes:
You toucha the box, I breaka you fingers

*gives the box one last sniff*
ahhhhhhh, the days of wine and roses.
*fades into the shadows*

wine gone to vinegar and dead roses.
RAULDAC
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Tethairwen » Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:36 am

*bows*

Excellent post, Sir Wolfe... :D

Sorry for such a short post, I have to be away from the computer all day, so I wanted to get at least a short reply in. I will check back in this evening.

And perhaps I'll do a bit of research to see what exactly is a jig... :whistle:

*mutters* You're just a bit too sheltered, my beloved author.

Teth
Tethairwen
Ranger of the North

Postby Nicasam » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:08 am

Ok I just have to ask since after a quick read over I did not see any reference. Did anyone one notice Natan walk in or am I on my own?

It is fine if I am, I just don't want to ignore anyone.
Nicasam
Ranger of the North

Postby Mellaurelom » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:31 am

Nicasam- I thought you were still outside :shock: Sorry bout that. You are a human, yes? I'll get you into the action here soon... :roll:

Faith, I'm glad the bos are on their own, we have many a lovely lady here who will be happy to dance with them. :)
Mellaurelom
Ranger of the North

Postby luthienelflover » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:58 am

Soj, Luthien came in after you I think, so she didn't notice anything :P

Faith, you chose a handsome one for Luthien! :shock: :P

She's getting kind of sentimental which wasn't my intent but whatever... B^ The Muse works in mysterious ways... B^
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Nicasam » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:34 am

Mell
Natan is 1/2 Rohirrim, 1/2 Elven....Those of the guild Riders of Rohan know his history.

Luthy
That is fine...You seem a little busy right now so Natan is going to wait to say hi to you.
Nicasam
Ranger of the North

Postby Mellaurelom » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:32 pm

Lith, I think I left a good opening for you to discover me, if you'd like....

Gak! Soj, sorry! I'll see if I can work something out! Or maybe Teth can dance with you next... Or it looked like Luthy may come over to chat, I don't know. I was half asleep when I wrote that and it took a wallop from the Kiddo to wake me up. Getting smacked upside the head by a four year old's foot tends to do that, ouch.
Last edited by Mellaurelom on Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mellaurelom
Ranger of the North

Postby Faith_Hawking » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:35 pm

Nicasam
Forgive my misunderstanding as I too thought Natan was still outside. :oops: And as for 'Or'dan... if your fellow already has designs of the fair Luthy, he would do the gentlemanly thing and step aside. He is older and wiser than the younger 'stud muffins' of the group ;) (but not THAT old ... :lol:

Mell
Ja'Sen and Arthal are foot-loose and fancy free, fun loving and your usual libido driven males. Young, but well bred, so won't embarrass the lady's too much. So feel free to strike up an acquaintance... Though … Ja'Sen is Landa's aide, so duty is always the first order of business for him.

I think everyone pretty well understands Trystan... (please, don't move him nor Landa without discussion first) They are distinct in behavior and mindset, sometimes surprising ... Let them make the first moves.

And yes, RAULDAC will make an appearance ... in his charming way, and this had been planned out for the most part in regards to the Hawking Party. Please read his brief Siggie bio ... he's not your normal pain in the arse. ;)

And no... he won't interfere with the Festival ... more a sideline happening. I hope that once Erinhue arrives, we might discuss an aspect of this further. :D

Scribbles
If he's too annoying and you rather not play ... just let me know and I'll lock him in the closet until it's his turn in the 'Pot'. :D
Though seeing that one cry is a ghastly sight. :shock:

Hobbi
Would it be presumptuous of me to suggest a possible acquaintance regarding the Hobbit and Hawkings? They are an outgoing bunch, hospitable at Hawk's Lair... might Landa or Trystan have met the melancholy fellow at some time or other? Perhaps have heard of his tragedy through the grapevine so to speak? Any interaction is up to you.

Teth I haven't been in the 'Pot' yet, but I've no doubt I'll be delighted, and will follow up ASAP. :D
Faith_Hawking
Shield Bearer

Postby Nicasam » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:41 pm

GOOD GOD!!!!

Or'Dan is Mel!!!

Natan can't compete with Mel...It would be sacrilige(Darn my spelling)
Nicasam
Ranger of the North

Postby Mellaurelom » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:46 pm

goodness gracious, you're right! Soj, (or Nic, which do you prefer?) don't let them get you, come on, you can do this!
Mellaurelom
Ranger of the North

Postby luthienelflover » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:50 pm

Designs? :shock: :rofl: Oh dear... I hope she's not in over her head. :rofl:

Please, Soj, don't let Luthy talking to Or'Dan stop you from talking to her later! She's not claimed by anyone! :shock:
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Nicasam » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:05 pm

Thanks Mell....I think....Nic or Soj..whichever you prefer.

Don't worry Luthy...Natan is not easily disuaded..He is after all both Rohirrim and Elven...Both very stubborn races.
Nicasam
Ranger of the North

Postby SilverScribe » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:43 pm

Faith_Hawking wrote:And yes, RAULDAC will make an appearance ... in his charming way, and this had been planned out for the most part in regards to the Hawking Party. Please read his brief Siggie bio ... he's not your normal pain in the arse. ;)

Scribbles
If he's too annoying and you rather not play ... just let me know and I'll lock him in the closet until it's his turn in the 'Pot'. :D
Though seeing that one cry is a ghastly sight. :shock:

He's yours? reviews Faith's siggie list . . . scratches her head . . . Uh, oh, okay. No worries really, since the Scribe won't be at the Festival, she's currently on the road with a particularly bloodthirsty errand on her plate . . . ;)=:)

I'll try and prod the muse to get the fat monk off his duff . . . can't promise anything though.

:D:D:D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby Faith_Hawking » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:01 pm

Scribbles When I first brought the RP charries in, RAULDAC was listed among them, but since that time, as stated previously in the Guild Thread, it became apparent that RAULDAC’s impact would be stifled with ‘Faith’ picture. (As I have found, in my experience, of most RP charrie )

As cleared by the Guild Master, on Aug 27th I took Rauldac to a PM and separate register and posted this:

Disclaimer

RAULDAC is a RP charrie,
not a real person.

He is neither a member, nor Bard.
Just your Tolkien based Evil dude.

My sparse entries here will be Q&A posts,
strickly IN CHARACTER.

Should anyone venture to interact with this dark soulless
creature ... take nothing he says personally.

Thank you regarding my Siggie. I am a character of 7 years development, though altered for TORC, as are other’s of my writer. Our writer has 20 years experience in Live action and internet RP, storyline development, website development, tandem-novel production and is a writer by trade.

Just to clear the air: As I said to our Guild Master, Rauldac is as far removed from “Faith” as night and day, and to write this personality under the face of that gentle creature would be ludicrous to say nothing of a loss of impact. (and visa versa) .

You are forewarned, and as can be attested to by two others of this Guild, RAULDAC is a being you will love to hate. He’s as serious as cancer and twice as deadly.

Mell and Teth

This information should answer your questions.

When I bring in a character singularly, it is usually with a PM and the disclaimer that it is a RP charrie. Which should, if attention is paid, alleviates any misconceptions.

Such characters will always post “In Character” mainly in RP, but as I stated above, will enter “chat” for Q&A regarding storyline or persona info.

In RP you will find those characters interacting, sometimes in the same post, sometimes separately. It is a story… adventure; they are characters not to be taken as RL personalities.

I had assumed you’d seen these and knew … but being this is not so… you can see the change in impact he’s now had … now that you do know HE is written by ME. *watches the Evil One deflate in her eyes*… *sigh*. ;)

I'm not out to deceive anyone, simply to keep my charrie's individuals and make them breathe with a life of their own.

Edited ghastly grammar faux pas
Last edited by Faith_Hawking on Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faith_Hawking
Shield Bearer

Postby PatriotBlade » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:29 pm

Nicasam is Sojourner from TST!?!?!? Come on, Sojo! This is fun stuff and you are in good company!
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby SilverScribe » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:29 pm

<<insert very red face here>>

Gosh Faith, no sorry, I'm often out of the Guild thread for long, long periods and reading back is well, something I don't always manage to do . . . :oops: :oops: So I missed all that valuable information . . . :oops:

My apologies if I offended you . . . and to be fair, by way of explanation, the Scribe was also reacting "in character" in her responses to RAULDAC . . . Hopefully I (as her author) am not quite so unpleasant . . . though I certainly have my share of bad days . . . :oops:

LOL, it seems like those two will likely get along about as good as oil and water . . . could be interesting though . . . if only for the fireworks . . . =:)=:)
SilverScribe

Postby Faith_Hawking » Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:32 pm

OOC: writer to writer :D

Dear Scribble's,
Absolutely no offense taken... I was just concerned about a misunderstanding. As for reading pages of posts... been there,
done that, and know it can be a chore, especially when multi-tasking
on boards, etc.

As for Mr Sweets... he do love a challenge, and Scribbles tickles his fancy to no end. :lol: Those two could make Macy's display look like sparklers in the back yard. ;) Would be a delight if you'd like to get some rumors and speculation started... :rofl: hell, who knows... Scribbles might even honor him with a smile....... :shock: involuntarily of course.
(Strictly in chatty context threads... can't tarnish either's image doing so ina story... ARghhhhhhhh. )
Faith_Hawking
Shield Bearer

Postby luthienelflover » Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:54 pm

Faith -- Luthien and Or'Dan will chat more later, if that's all right with you. :) Seems that despite my resolve to keep Luthien out of all involvements she quite likes your handsome ranger. Doh! B^ Again, the muse works mysteriously... *mutters under breath* Flighty creature...
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Faith_Hawking » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:32 pm

Luthy: works for me :D... THe old boy isn't really that old
... say mid 30's...
psssssssst... he'd be a good catch.... ;)
not in the least pushy... take it as it comes..
Faith_Hawking
Shield Bearer

Postby luthienelflover » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:34 pm

Mid thirties? Bit young compared to Luthien (who's an Elf :P) but she's been involved with humans before so I'd say it wouldn't be much of a deterrent for her. She just doesn't learn. :P

LOL, if he looks like Mel Gibson in the picture in your sig I'd say he's definitely a good catch :P
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Faith_Hawking » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:41 pm

Luthy:

That he does. when i develop a charrie I try to find the right face to depict them. Or'Dan's personality will reveal itself through his posts, but i think he'll fit your Luthy well. Where it goes will be up to you... (I'm flexible)

BTW.. ladies ... that goes for me other fellers too. And any of the ladies I bring in.
Faith_Hawking
Shield Bearer

Postby SilverScribe » Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:44 am

Faith_Hawking wrote:OOC: writer to writer :D

Dear Scribble's,
Absolutely no offense taken... I was just concerned about a misunderstanding. As for reading pages of posts... been there,
done that, and know it can be a chore, especially when multi-tasking
on boards, etc.

As for Mr Sweets... he do love a challenge, and Scribbles tickles his fancy to no end. :lol: Those two could make Macy's display look like sparklers in the back yard. ;) Would be a delight if you'd like to get some rumors and speculation started... :rofl: hell, who knows... Scribbles might even honor him with a smile....... :shock: involuntarily of course.
(Strictly in chatty context threads... can't tarnish either's image doing so ina story... ARghhhhhhhh. )

Aahhh, misunderstanding all cleared up then. Good stuff. ;)

Speaking of Mr. Sweets, writer to writer, just so you know . . . the Scribe's human half is also Numenorean, except that she absolutely loathes anything of Numenor, a holdover from dear old dad who was a slave-driving half-Black Numenorean b-tard and a treacherous dog . . . so Sweet Cheeks has his work cut out for him since she'd as soon put her three foot broadsword though his heart as look at him . . .

It's almost too bad she's way out on the road . . . rumours? Eh, what sort of rumours, eh precious? ;):D:D

:shock: Gah, it's nearly 2 am, I'll have to catch up in the 'Pot tomorrow . . . :oops:

:D:D:D
SilverScribe

Postby Aleser_Estuare » Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:19 am

Sorry for attacking you like that Mell. I hope I didn't hurt you or shock you too much. Things will clear up methinks :)

Angel and Trystan, I hope you're ok with that , from your last posts it looked like you would get along well now :P
Aleser_Estuare
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Angelus_Fontaine » Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:36 am

Nicasam wrote:GOOD GOD!!!!

Or'Dan is Mel!!!

Natan can't compete with Mel...It would be sacrilige(Darn my spelling)

Worry not Soj/Nic your not so sore on the eyes in real life at all, though that little gal was much cuter :P (j/k)

Aleser :rofl: Great post! 8)

Trystan no hard feelings eh? :wink:

Ok so I shall attempt to compete with the MEL/Or'Dan

*pulls out the big gun and offers up a glimpse of TE ANGEL*

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a238/AngelusFontaine/angelus.jpg

ermmmmm, yes that would be TE BANDERAS :wink:
Angelus_Fontaine
Shield Bearer

Postby Tethairwen » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:25 am

Wolfe - that was fun! Will hopefully have a post up by this evening... I'll be away from the compy for another day... :(

*watches the Evil One deflate in her eyes*… *sigh*

:rofl:

Teth
Tethairwen
Ranger of the North

Postby Flame-of-Udun » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:43 am

:shock: so many swoonworthy men

that´s a pretty nice picture there Angelus *drools* ;)

Sorry, for my absence, Mr. LaCroix *bats eyelashes* I´ll try to get a post up this evening, if you still want that clumsy gal with the red face ;)
Flame-of-Udun
Shield Bearer

Postby Angelus_Fontaine » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:47 am

You're not so bad yourself there oh fiery one. :happydance:

Mell, Lith, Aleser and Trystan am sort of Muse-Less today. Lots of merrymaking these last few days. Sorry :wink:
Angelus_Fontaine
Shield Bearer

Postby Lithtaur16 » Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:32 am

Angelus
Lith was finished eating and alert,

:) Maybe I should start giving my characters separate accounts too.
Call her what it would make sense for your character to call her. She'll start answering to it after a few tries as long as you have her attention.

For the future: Lith is a Rohirrim, turned Ranger, who will be showing up later with the hound's mother, Anaiu.

Mell, Lith, Aleser and Trystan am sort of Muse-Less today.

More like just missing-in-action for me. I had to work the closing shift last night so I slept in late. :roll: :) I'll be working up a post after I get the chores done gag.
Lithtaur16
Ranger of the North

Postby Mellaurelom » Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:44 am

Okay, my muse is apparently working overtime, though Angelus! Big post down for you all. Hmm, three VERY good looking men and Mell, she's in heaven!

Angelus, we can hang out together for sure...yummy!

So Lith, I just called the critter the hound or some such, since we don't know her name.

Aleser-As far as the attack goes, that was good! Though if you find yourself the subject of a satire sometime, just blame yourself...

I hope, once mt sig pic shows up, ya'll will like it, it's awaiting approval...
Mellaurelom
Ranger of the North

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)