Riders of Rohan (Second Muster)

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby Gwenare » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:11 am

:oops: Sorry Smor. I caught that one last night and thought I fixed it, but I didn't. Its fixed now. Sorry again.

Borin, yes to the first two and Dan will have to answer the last one.
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby RingForger » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:09 am

Hey, we wouldn't give this one up, would we???

All you women, look nicely to Dan, especially Gwen of course :D,
and he will let us

(But I think he will let us anyway) :D

RF
RingForger
Shield Bearer

Postby lark » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:20 am

Smor wrote:Oh, Lark? Wimsie says she wants her toe back. :whistle:

J_F said no flippin way! :twisted: :P I think he wanted to feed it to D_C. But never fear! I have edited, and restored her wee little appendage. :angel:

Awesome posts everyone! :D
lark
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:24 am

Great posts everyone. :) Super duper job. Gwen took care of the hand thing for me. :P

Nic, we can put it back on if needed.

We are not stopping the Star Wars RP. Its way to much fun to do that. :P We will carry it out til the bitter end. ;)

Borin wrote:Is it okay for me to do the same thing in the new post as I did when I joined this one? Post what is happening to me on the way to meeting up with you. I'll be joining you in Minas Tirith because Osgiliath is the most likely place for my character to cross if we were bringing wine for the wedding.
I figured where I come from is about 600 miles away so traveling with wagons it'll take me awhile to get there.

Borin, that will work fine. :) Acutally after we get everyone together that is going to be leaving from Edoras we will travel pretty fast to Minas Tirith. But that will still work out great that way. :)

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:08 am

We are not stopping the Star Wars RP. Its way to much fun to do that. We will carry it out til the bitter end.

Good, because if we did stop it, I think there would be a revolt. :whistle: :twisted:

I'm going to try to get a post up this afternoon (Wimsie requested that I wake Elwing up at some point, since she can't get on to do it right now and she doesn't know when she can.)

And Lark, I'll just pass along her thanks to you now, since I know she would later. :D

edit: ooh, post count coolness. :D
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby Borin_Silversmith » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:13 am

Yea Smor.... 7000

I'm glad - I have fun thinking up stuff for the SW RP -

Is the other site coming on soon? I have my first post done.

Borin
Borin_Silversmith
Ranger of the North

Postby naryatheringoffire » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:13 am

Hey! can i join this thread? pretty please?!? il be a good member i promise
naryatheringoffire
Rider of the Mark

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:29 am

Smor, congrats on 7000. Way to go. :) 3000 more to a shiny nice little ring. :D

Hi narya. :) We accept all people. Our council will let you know the particulars shortly.

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:41 am

Thanks, Borin and Dan. :)

Hi, Narya! :)

Ok, new SW post. This is actually from Wimsie, but she didn't have the time to post it herself, so please count the point towards her.

It didn’t take long for Mara, Ketha and Haleth to catch up with Lark after Ranthim left. “Where’s Borin and Robin?” Lark called out as they approached.

“Still covering our exit,” Mara said. Haleth was immediately by Elwing’s side. “Is she all right? And where’s my sister?” he asked anxiously.

“Elrosar and Eohelm went after Rowyn. I think Adrial went too,” Lark answered. “And Elwing hasn’t woken up yet. I hope Adrial gets back soon. I need her to help me try to heal her.”

As if in answer to their wishes, Elrosar and Eohelm came running down the hall, with Adrial close behind, pulling Rowyn along with her. Rowyn had a rather dazed look on her tear-streaked face, which turned even more pale when she saw Elwing lying on the ground, still unconscious. The others couldn’t help staring a bit when they saw that her hair had been somehow chopped off, a few ragged burnt ends hanging down to about her chin. “What happened to you?” Haleth asked, a shocked look on his face. Rowyn didn’t answer, still hanging back silently as Adrial and Elrosar left the group and went over to Elwing. “Not right now,” Adrial whispered sternly to Haleth, who quickly shut up.

“Adrial, I need your help,” Lark said, motioning to Elwing’s wounded shoulder. Adrial nodded, and the two of them began concentrating hard on the blaster wound. The burnt skin visible through the hole in her shirt began to heal, and after a few moments Elwing opened her eyes.

“El, are you all right?” Elrosar asked anxiously.

“Better,” Elwing said, moving her hand up to her shoulder gingerly. The wound had nearly completely healed, leaving only a barely-visible scar. Even her headache was gone. Then she suddenly sat up. “Rowyn… where’s Rowyn? Natan took her, and…”

“I’m right here,” Rowyn said softly. She smiled, but it didn’t quite reach her eyes. “Glad you’re doing better, El.”

Elwing frowned slightly; there was something wrong with Rowyn, she could tell. She reached out with the Force and tried to silently ask Rowyn if she was okay. But she couldn’t quite reach her; all she could sense was that her friend was hurting, badly, though the only visible mark on her was her missing hair. And she could guess easily enough that Rowyn was probably blaming herself for what had happened to her shoulder. “It’s not your fault, Wyn,” she said softly.

“Sure,” Rowyn said, giving that faint smile again.

“We should probably get moving,” Elrosar pointed out. “Can you walk, El?”

“I think I can,” Elwing said. Haleth quickly moved to help her to her feet, and Elwing smiled at him shyly as she thanked him.

“So where are Robin and Borin? And where’s Gandalf?” Eohelm asked.

“We’re right here,” the wizard answered, with Robin and a rather reluctant-looking Borin in tow. “And yes, we should get moving. But we seem to have lost one of our party again.”

The others looked around; while their attention had been focused on Elwing, Rowyn had wandered off, apparently. “Great,” Haleth groaned, releasing Elwing’s arm. “Guess I’d better go find her.”

“Hold up, Haleth,” Lark said, looking thoughtfully down one of the dark tunnels. “I think we should go instead.”

“But I’m her brother!” he protested.

“And you’re also a guy,” Adrial pointed out. “I think Lark’s right… let the women handle this one.”

“I’m going too,” Elwing said. Elrosar opened his mouth to protest, and she added, “And before you say anything, I’m feeling much better now. And she’s my best friend, and I can sense where she’s going. So there.” They quickly decided that just Adrial, Lark and Elwing would go, and the others settled down to wait while they went off to look for their missing friend.
Last edited by shieldmaidenofrohan on Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby RohanCouncil » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:44 am

Welcome Narya to the Riders of Rohan. Yes you can join our Guild. First off though: Have you read the first post in this thread? If not you must do that. It tells you all that you need to know on how to be a part of us. If you are interested in the RPs, then you will need to give us a wirting sample like Leofwine did on the last page. :) We've added you to the first post in our member list, and all you need to do is follow the instructions there. Thanks for interest in ROR. :)

Borin, the OOC for the new RP should be up this afternoon in the Pony, the IC will be up sometime Friday afternoon.

Everyone, When you see the IC come up Friday, there will be a lot of background stuff that comes up with it, please make sure that you read it all before you post. Thanks. :)

The First post has been updated, and we have an announcement:

Robin_Greenleaf has reached the rank of Squire. Congrats to one of our newer members. :)
Last edited by RohanCouncil on Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
RohanCouncil
Shield Bearer

Postby Riot » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:56 am

...Interesting turn of events.

I won't have internet in my apt till 9/29...

I might manage to pull a post out of my Butt before then.

Riot
Riot
Ranger of the North

Postby Elladan_Elfhelm » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:02 pm

Great post Smor, errr Wimise great post. :P :P :P

Way to go Robin. :clap: Yay!!!

Riot, we'll be here, and we look forward to your post. We think. :roll: :P

Dan
Elladan_Elfhelm
Mariner

Postby bellmaker4 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:31 pm

Hey guys, Just wanted to say I want to be in the new RP.
bellmaker4
Ranger of the North

Postby naryatheringoffire » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:48 pm

Thanks for letting me into the eored :D il have a crack at the bio now but it probably wont be any good, mine never are!

Name: Ergalen
Race: Elf

History: Ergalen fought at the fall of Gondolin and was one of the few to escape. Since that time traveled into the mountains until the host of the west came to defeat morgoth, he once again fought in that battle and received many wounds. The longing of the sea came over him forcing him to travel to Cirdan at the grey havens and stay there as he could not find it in himself to leave middle earth completely. It was at Cirdans suggestion that many years after arriving at the Grey Havens he went to Rivendell and stayed there as one of the Lords of Elronds house. He fought alongside the sons of Elrond at the battle of the pelennor fields and at the black gate but once King Aragorn had restored peace to middle earth he could find rest and began to wander again. He strayed into Rohan once and befriended one of its Marshals, ever since that day he has never left Rohan feeling at home in its open plains and forests. He revealed to king Eomer that he was a lord of the eldar and asked his permission to serve him and was granted this.

Personality: Ergalen was once merry and joyful but since the fall of Gondolin his personality greatly changed. He is quiet and thoughtful yet he is quick to give his trust to anyone who offers their friendship to him. On the batllefield his wrath is terrible yet he is kind and gentle to people about him. Because of his waryness he is slow to reveal his true history to someone but when he does his respect and trust are given to that person. But most of all he likes to have a laugh.

Apperance: He is very tall about 6'6 with a muscular build as was his master Galdor of the house of the tree. His hair is long and jet black, he lets it fall about his face sometomes finding comfort in not showing his whole face to strangers. He is usually cloaked and hooded but through his hood and hair shines his bright emerald green eyes which have a years and knowledge uncountable in them yet when he laughs they light up and pulse with green energy. He enjoys his smiling :D

Weapons: He carries a magnificent bright silver sword with elvish runes inscribed into it in emerald, he wears no sheath over it. In his boots are two dagers wrought by Rog in Gondolin with cunning and precision.
naryatheringoffire
Rider of the Mark

Postby Gwenare » Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:39 pm

Great posts everyone!

Riot: We will try to contain our excitement even though we are a tad bit scared. :wink: I do hope things are well with school and the new apt. :)

Welcome Narya. :) I must tell you that if you plan on joining the SW RP here in purple, your bio is fine. If you want to join us in the Prancing Pony for Vengeance Unleashed, it won't work. The OOC thread is now up and clearing says

Your character needs to be a human if at all possible. For those of our existing members who posted with an elf character in the previous thread, A Red Dawn Rising (our former RP), then you will be allowed to use that character here. We are the Riders of Rohan, so there is a 99.999999% chance that there will be no hobbits traveling with us. We might be able to work a dwarf into our story, but we really want humans. :)

Your characters are to have NO super human powers, and you know what we mean. No human, or elf for that matter :razz: , can jump onto the trunk of an elephant and then wipe out thirty Haradrim single handedly.

I hope that makes some sense. I believe that RC wants the bios in the new OOC too. So for any members who have not done that yet, you may want to do that. Some people may only be joining it and not this one. Why? you may ask. I don't know because we are having way too much fun! :D
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby Leofwine » Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:46 pm

No sheath on his sword???? :shock:
I hope he's very, very careful when he mounts a horse! Ouch! :woah:
Just kidding!
As one of the new stableboys on the block, I better shut up.
Welcome, Narya :wink:
Leofwine
Shield Bearer

Postby Borin_Silversmith » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:58 pm

WAY TO GO BABY :clap: :clap:

you are now a squire just like mommy...though I'm not planning on staying here long. :drink:

I movin' on up ...
to the east side...
to that deluxe apartment in the sky

I agree with you whole heartedly Lef (see I remembered) OUCH :woah:

Robin and I have posted our Bio's over in the shiny new thread.... even though she posted under my name....See I'm not the only one suffering Drain Bramage in this house. :bang: :bang: :bang:

Borin

(by the way did anyone clean Borin up Robin left him sitting in Butt guts then he was with Gandalf ----oooo-- Stinky)
Last edited by Borin_Silversmith on Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Borin_Silversmith
Ranger of the North

Postby naryatheringoffire » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:01 pm

three words leof: horse of steel :P Thanks everyone for being so welcoming

sorry im a bit slow could you clear up the whole rloe playing thing. which ones the SW one? and wats the RC one? again sorry for my extremely slow wits
naryatheringoffire
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lysander » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:01 pm

Hello all :)

I've read the first post and love the orderly way that this alliance is run!

I see that I've to post a example of my writing - I can give you two, one as Lysander (who was originally Gondoran but we can see about that! ;)) and one as Alys (from The Gathering Storm) who was a Rohirrim.

I hope it's still OK for me to join you in the RP? My time may be limited but I'll do what I can to keep up!

Lysander

The ugly horse plodded slowly up the track to the inn, each ungainly hoof placed carefully, one after the other with weariness but determination to reach food and a place to rest. At the smell of the water trough his mulish ears flicked forward and the animal broke into a shambling gait that was not quite a trot.

His rider started into wakefulness at the change and pushed back the dark, messy hair that flopped over his pale face. Rubbing the grit and dust out of his red rimmed eyes he patted the horse’s rough coat gratefully. “Well done old boy, we’ll both sleep well tonight.” Whatever the quality of the Inn, it would make a welcome change from his bedroll and the fare of the road, while nourishing, was boring and lacked the flavour of a well spiced stew.

As the horse reached the water and plunged his nose enthusiastically into its cool depths, sucking it up in huge, gulping draughts; a boy emerged from the Inn stable and looked enquiringly up at Lysander.

“I’ll take a room if you have one and a place and feed for my horse” his normally soft Gondorian accent harshened by lack of sleep and grit, he attempted a smile to lighten it and was rewarded with a nod of the boys head to follow as he headed back inside.

Despite his own eagerness for food and rest Lysander, removed the horse’s tack and rubbed him down vigorously with straw before giving him a bucket of feed handed to him by the stable hand. “That’ll do, lad,” he said, resting his forehead briefly on the huge horse’s shoulder as it lipped gently at his hair “maybe tomorrow we will find you a pool to roll in and get rid of the rest of that dirt, but for now I have to get fed myself”.

As he left the stables he tossed the boy a coin “Take care of Beauty for me and there’ll be another one of those for you when I leave” as the money disappeared like lightning into his pouch, the boy looked at the horse and snorted at the unlikely name “Don’t scoff at him,” Lysander said gently, “he may not look like much but he has the heart of a lion and he’s just about the best friend I have right now”.

“In fact,” reflected Lysander, as he entered the welcoming common room of the Inn “He may be the only friend I’ve got”.

As I say he was originally Gondoran and a member of their secret service but I hardly wrote anything for him so I could change him - but maybe he could be some sort of liason?

Alys

Alys strode across the stable yard, careless of the straw and filth that caught in her full skirts as she walked, two large hounds padded along behind her, tongues lolling from grinning mouths in a direct contrast to their mistress’s face which was set in a fierce frown.

Several of the men lounging or working in the courtyard paused to watch her pass, and a young blonde squire got up and made as if to follow her.

"Hey there Laddo!" the sergeant of the squad of guards dicing with the grooms put out a hand to stop him "that one's a bit above your touch, she may not look sweet enough right now, but she's a lady" the youth tried to shake off his hand but the sergeant held firm. “Here now I'm trying to do you a favour lad, me and the boys only got here a day or two ago and already we've heard the stories about her!"

The squire stopped trying to pull his arm away and turned to the sergeant "What sort of stories?" his face pulled from its normal good natured expression into a scowl.

"Well" the sergeant settled back ready to enjoy a good gossip " word is she's a fierce as a demon with those she doesn't like, especially men that talk sweet to her, them she strikes at like a viper, they also say that she trains with the Prince's own guard but she’s that sharp she don't need a sword she just tongue lashes them into submission! The truth is she's dangerous lad, the last man she didn't agree with was her own husband and he’s dead!"

The boy narrowed his eyes “Are you saying she killed him?"

"Well no, she wasn't near him at the time, seems she could never be far enough away from him for her liking, but there's them who think she paid for it! She's one of them barbarian horse folk from Rohan you know and you can't put anything past them!"

“No indeed you can't", the boy said, grinning at the soldier "you never know what we might do!" turning away from the gaping man he rushed after his mistress.

"Leofric, where have you been? More and more troops are pouring into the castle all the time, but I still can't get my uncle to tell me exactly what's going on! What have you heard?" Alys stopped walking but fidgeted with annoyance.

"Well my Lady by all accounts there is some sort of army on the move in the north, but that's all I can get wind of, the lords seem to be playing it close to their chests on this one" Leofric decided not to pass on the other rumours that he had heard that morning, it was nothing the Lady had not heard before.

“I must see my Uncle and demand to be allowed to go home! My place is with the Mark not sitting around playing at being a Lady here in Gondor!" Alys scowled even harder at the thought of being forced to cool her heels in Dol Amroth for much longer and kicked at the hated fancy dress she wore with one foot "I ‘m going now to tell Prince Aram that I am leaving, with or without his blessing" She paused to think "I'm sure that he'll be forced to agree. It would take more men to keep me quiet than he can spare at the moment! See if you can find a suitable squad of men to act as escort for me, he'll insist on that, I would refuse but the quicker I can arrange things the quicker we can leave. Tell Roisin and Guthwyn to be ready to leave at first light tomorrow."

Leofric smiled, once his cousin made up her mind to do something it would happen no matter what the opposition. “You know" he said grinning and looking back at the stables "I think I know just the squad we need!".

Erk I didn't realise quite how long this post would end up - congratulations if you've read all this ;)
Lysander
Petitioner to the Council

Postby naryatheringoffire » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:11 pm

hey lysander im new too. We are the new skool rohirrim :P

Your rite dat is long but from wat i read its pretty good!
naryatheringoffire
Rider of the Mark

Postby Borin_Silversmith » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:14 pm

narya I think we were thinking of you not the horse...

in a take off of the immortal words of Elmer Fudd:

be vvvvery, vvvvery "careful"

The Star Wars Rp is in here and is posted in purple of course this ones is the most fun and your imagination can run wild

The posts in here that are green are continuing stories of some of the members and other story or poetry posts.

The New RP will be Over in the Prancing Pony It's something with Vengence in it....forgive me I told you I have Drain Bramage but RC or someone else can help you with that one. I'm going to be new to that one too even though I've been in this one a while

Borin
Borin_Silversmith
Ranger of the North

Postby naryatheringoffire » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:23 pm

Well watever u meant it is made of steel :P

From wat i pick up i cant post in the RP in the pony as they only want humans and my character is an elf so am i going to have to change my character?

(i shud hav read up on this before i joined, sorry)

And if you want i can give him a sheath incase he pokes you in the eye
naryatheringoffire
Rider of the Mark

Postby Borin_Silversmith » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:37 pm

Well narya..you can do what I did...

My normal character is a male Dwarf.... but because I wanted to join in the new RP I created a new character to use there..... She is not Rohan she is Norwinion but I have a cover story that allows her to join up with the Riders of Rohan... In fact I have 2 characters 'cause I created a brother for her to work off.
Borin_Silversmith
Ranger of the North

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:14 pm

Is it just me, or is this Guild exploding? :shock:

Hey, Alys! Good to see you. :) And the writing sample looks great!

Narya- for the RP in the Pony guild, we're only taking on new characters that are human (there were a couple of Elves and half-Elves from the last Pony RP, and their characters will be able to stay as is, but we're trying to pick up some more people for our eored that are actually, you know, Rohirric. :wink: Or at least human.) So you would need to rework that bio if you want to do the Pony RP. If you still want to use your Elf character here for the Star Wars RP (basically just a bunch of parody crossover randomness), as far as I know that's just fine.

Off to work on another post....
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby Robin_Greenleaf » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:17 pm

YEA I'M A SQUIRE

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: I'm a squire, i'm a squire whoot , whoot,:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: I'm a squire, i'm a squire :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

hey Narya, don't worry about your charicter being an elf in here in the Star Wars RP. I'm the daughter of Orome and Vana of the Valar in here and over in the Mirkwood Elven Alliance. In the the New Rohan RP over in the Poney I'm a simple girl from Rohan and in the Splintered Chamber Pot over in the Poney I'm a simple Elf. So don't sweat it.
The funney thing is, that my RL(real life) mom is Borin the Dwarf!

~Robin~
Robin_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby shieldmaidenofrohan » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:54 pm

yay Robin! :)

Ok, posting... :whistle: :P Mine this time. :D

Once she had managed to silently retrieve her pack and sneak off while the others weren’t looking, Rowyn ran silently, almost blindly, down the corridor. She had no idea where she was going, nor did she care. All she knew was she had to get away from her friends. It just wasn’t safe for her to stay anymore.

Somehow, she was able to sense Natan more strongly now than she had before, and she could feel his pain and anger so much that it was physically making her head hurt. She knew it was more from what she had said to him than even his hand. And she knew he could still sense her. Even now, she was certain that he knew exactly where she was, and that he would stop at nothing to find her again. She didn’t care anymore what happened to her. But she would not allow any more of her friends to be hurt because of him.

She waited until she was certain that her friends were out of sight before she turned on the lightsaber to help her see where she was going. And it was none too soon. She stopped short as she came across a gaping hole in the floor. In the darkness, she could not see the other side, and began silently debating whether to attempt to jump across. Even using the Force, if the hole was too wide she would fall in for sure.

While she was standing there, she heard voices behind her. “There she is! Hey! Rowyn!” Rowyn turned and saw Elwing, Lark and Adrial behind her. They couldn’t catch up to her, or they’d try to stop her. In a blind panic, Rowyn prepared to leap across the chasm, but Elwing got to her first, practically tackling her as she knocked her to the ground.

“What are you doing? Have you lost your mind?” Elwing shouted, helping Rowyn into a sitting position. Rowyn immediately tried to jump up and run off again, but Elwing grabbed her arm. Adrial quickly grabbed the other one, and together they forced her to walk away from the hole. Rowyn walked silently, trying to ignore the pain in her head, but it was getting increasingly more difficult. Finally, she fell to her knees, clutching at her forehead.

“Rowyn?” Adrial asked, obviously concerned. “What’s wrong?”

“I can’t do this,” Rowyn gasped, tears starting to fall down her cheeks. “I just can’t.” She looked up at Lark, who was now in front of her, and desperately added, “You can get inside people’s minds. You’ve got to help me, or I can’t go back, ever!”

“Help you with what, Rowyn?” Lark asked.

“He’s in my head, somehow. I can feel it. He knows exactly where I am, and unless I can find a way to break this connection, it’ll be too dangerous for me to stay with you,” Rowyn said, her breath coming in gasping sobs.

“I don’t know if I can, but I’ll try,” Lark said doubtfully. She put a hand on either side of Rowyn’s forehead, closing her eyes and concentrating hard. Rowyn’s eyes closed too, and she could sense Lark trying to get inside her mind. She tried hard to relax and let Lark work, but something was holding her back, and the pain in her head began to get worse. Finally, Lark let go and sat back, out of breath. “I’m sorry,” she said, looking upset. “I can’t do it.”

“Then I can’t go back,” Rowyn said, dropping her head into her hands. “I wish I could just forget I’d ever met him in the first place. I didn’t think it would hurt this much.”

Elwing put an arm around her. “You still care about him, don’t you?” she asked.

Rowyn reluctantly nodded, though she didn’t look up. “I wish he would just listen to me. Maybe Gandalf was right all along, and I can’t help him.” She began to cry, and the other three sat there quietly, trying to think of a way to help their broken-hearted friend, or to at least convince her to come back with them.
shieldmaidenofrohan
Mariner

Postby Gwenare » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:36 pm

shieldmaidenofrohan wrote:Is it just me, or is this Guild exploding? :shock:

It's not you! There's been a sudden outbreak of the muse bug! :D

Great posts Alys. That was beyond wonderful! Are you going to use both characters in the Pony and will one of them be in here in SW too?

Narya: If you plan on joining in the RP in the Pony, you will have to develop a new character. Sorry about that.

RC is Rohan Council, the creators of this thread and the ones in the Pony. :)

Also, feel free to use your character here in the SW purple stuff. Maybe we can meet up with him later in Moria or on the outside of Moria or in Rivendell. For that is where we are going. :)

Great post Smor. Now, I'll have to come up with something and the muse bug has not infested my house yet. :wink:
Gwenare
Ranger of the North

Postby RohanCouncil » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:22 pm

Lysander wrote:
I've read the first post and love the orderly way that this alliance is run!

Thanks Alys, that means a lot. :)

I hope it's still OK for me to join you in the RP? My time may be limited but I'll do what I can to keep up!

Both look great, and you can for sure use them in the RPs. Just post the bios over in the OOC in the Pony thread, and you will be ready to go when the RP starts up this Friday. :) You can also join the Star Wars parody RP here if you want just let us know.

Narya, that is a nice looking character and as others have said, you can use him here in the SW RP, but not in the new one in the Pony. You can always make a new character. Its great fun trust us. :)

First post updated everyone. :)
RohanCouncil
Shield Bearer

Postby whereismysam » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:09 pm

Kudos and serious bowage to Smor for getting that post up for me. Don't have time to do anything now, just wanted to...like...let you know I'm alive...or something...

Though I wish I could... :|
whereismysam
Ranger of the North

Postby lark » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:55 pm

Poor Wimsie! :hug: I‘m sorry you‘re having such a hard time. :(

Welcome Narya, :) (long time, no see!) and Lysander/Alys! :)

All the bios and stories and RP posts have been absolutely wonderful! :D I‘m finally caught up again, and before I go post my own bio in the OOC, my muse gave me a little SW post for this thread. Hope it‘s okay. :)

Rowyn reluctantly nodded, though she didn’t look up. “I wish he would just listen to me. Maybe Gandalf was right all along, and I can’t help him.” She began to cry, and the other three sat there quietly, trying to think of a way to help their broken-hearted friend, or to at least convince her to come back with them.

Lark felt like crying herself at Rowyn’s statement, and the sight of her grief, but she fought it back. “Don’t talk that way Rowyn. We have to believe we can help him. Ranthim too. I don’t think the Dark Side is as strong as we’ve been lead to believe.”

The others looked up as her as she continued. “I was able to confront Ranthim while you were unconscious, Elwing and I know now why he has been working for Saruman, and it was all based on lies.” Lark stopped short of telling the others that he had intended to kill Elwing and why. Lark was still reeling from this information herself, and she felt there was no reason to upset her friends unnecessarily. If they asked her, she would tell, but until then, she decided it best to keep to herself.

Lark went on with the point she was making. “If Saruman has to deceive his sith lords to gain their obedience, then he can’t be all that strong. When Ranthim left, the last emotion I felt from him was confusion. All I can do now is hope that once he’s had a chance to think things over, he’ll come around to the right side. What about Natan?” Lark asked looking at Rowyn.

Rowyn thought for a moment, but the memory seemed only to cause her more pain. “All I could sense from him was anger, and pain, and confusion, and…” She started crying again and buried her face in her hands. “He seemed almost insane!” She wept.

Elwing tightened her grip around Rowyn’s shoulders and Adrial patted her arm and looked back at Lark. “What can we do?”

“Well…I can’t get into Rowyn’s mind for some reason…but maybe I could get into Natan’s.” Lark bit her lip, thinking how it could be done. “I know how to comfort an ailing mind, and with Adrial’s help, I think maybe we could make a real difference…but…”

“But what?” Elwing asked suspiciously, catching the reluctance in Lark‘s voice.

Lark hesitated. “I can’t do it from far away. We’ll need to catch him first.”

“How in the world are we going to do that?” Adrial asked.

Lark looked at Rowyn who had stopped crying again and was looking back at her. “By attracting him with something he wants…” Lark said, though she could hardly believe she was saying it, so great was the risk to her friend.

“You mean, bait.” Rowyn said flatly. Lark nodded, and the four women sat in silence for a moment thinking it over carefully.
lark
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive