Butterfly Garden - 100 Post Fair

This forum is for role-playing within settings that influenced Tolkien (non-Middle-earth). Acceptable styles include for Celtic, Norse, Kalevala, Arthurian, and Anglo-Saxon.

Postby Arwen740 » Sat Jun 09, 2001 3:50 pm

The air shimmers with vibrant light as lovers and friends enjoy the fragrant garden. Like an innocent fawn nestled quietly in the deep, dew-soaked grasses, the tender essence of the garden permeates one's soul with peaceful bliss. As night falls the sky closes its eyes, seeing within its own dreams the far flung universe of stars and planets. I sit upon a granite boulder, keeping watch over the beloved valley. The great moth, Aurora rises in the north, casting her glittering wing dust onto the fabric of night, and I close my eyes to feel the sparkling colors, purple, pink, and blue, fall upon my features.
Arwen740
Ranger of the North

Postby ~Beren~ » Sun Jun 10, 2001 2:08 pm

<BR><BR>Beren smiled at her soft words and skin. He kissed her softly repeatedly upon the brow, cheek and neck. As his lips approached her ear, he lightly nibbled and as his breath passed she cringed and sighed, her arms holding him tight and her fingers pressing in, he whispered softly as his hand slid across her gown, <i>"I love you!"</i>
~Beren~
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Terry D » Mon Jun 11, 2001 5:54 am

Perhaps, in the end, there are no butterflies... yet, dreams will remeber them. With healing kiss, we are profoundly connected. Each to each, other to other... separation is an illusion. Dream extends beyond our own skin and skull.<BR><BR>The subliminal, coursing as blood, senses loved ones wrapped in death's sleep. Parents, grand all, children, delight revealed, wives, lovers, and dearest friends are evermarked in dreams. An awakening into significane, initiates the value of connectivity. Dream more... more often, more intense, more real... within unreasonable, unseasonable turns and returns out out of vision... there is a reason. <BR><BR>As butterflies dance, dream to reach to save someone... we each live in an unconscious, glittering sea. Dwell unobtrusive, interact in freedom, become intimate with your self and the others who care. This, is treasure, and sanctuary, a source, the hidden source, a beaded moment stitched to a celestial necklace.<BR><BR>Do not fear the illusion of self. We are not alone, separateness is illusory deceit. Fly with the butterflies, 'ere they are gone....
Terry D
Ringbearer

Postby Arwen740 » Mon Jun 11, 2001 6:00 am

*KISS*
Arwen740
Ranger of the North

Postby ~Luthien~ » Mon Jun 11, 2001 12:12 pm

Consumed in his fondle ~Luthien~ laid down in the verdant grass and fell unto a deep cataplexy. She could hear the distant murmuring of songs sung long ago, and the trees that hummed a winsome melody. The night captivated her attention until the new aurora broke in the firmament.
~Luthien~
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Terry D » Tue Jun 12, 2001 9:19 am

A flower will grow, the nectar is sweet....Drink Deep. The desert is still, and darkness will fall....Drink Deep. <BR><BR>kisses all. specially...
Terry D
Ringbearer

Postby RavenTinuviel » Tue Jun 12, 2001 2:28 pm

Lovers lay, butterflies play, and the Raven and the songbird dances in the misty morning light. The Raven is cradled in loving arms of a man who sees only her, and the Raven transforms to a woman and kisses him deep. Drink deep little wing, for my feed you my nectar, and in due time you feed yours to me. Drink deep.!<BR><BR><i>(Thank you Arwen for your beautiful writing and all, and Terry D, and Lady Galadriel, and Genuvere.)
RavenTinuviel
Ranger of the North

Postby Arwen740 » Tue Jun 12, 2001 6:04 pm

Raven, so glad you're back. I know you're happily getting on with life. I'm so pleased to see you, beautiful cousin of the 'panther' (in my story), (hehehehe). <BR>Thank you for sharing your joy with us. And thank you for the beautiful writing that has inspired me...along with others here...<BR><BR>Blessings to our dear Raven. May your life be filled with joy.<BR>
Arwen740
Ranger of the North

Postby Arwen740 » Wed Jun 13, 2001 7:15 pm

The wind has died, the flowers close and bathed in slumber, the tranquil valley sleeps. She nuzzles the smooth granite cliffs, nestling comfortably within their arms. Smiling in her dreams she quivers as they flow through her, running on through the night into other valleys, across fields and deserts, until her dreams join all other dreams in the tumultuous ocean of night. The painful heartache of the day has now become like the sharp, reflecting light from fish that turn lazily in the shallows. And the dream flows, following the dreamer's contours, removing barriers, swirling in unseen depths. Tiny particles of her minerals, plants, rememberences, feelings, are carried away to mingle playfully in other dreams; the essence felt in sudden awakening, a familiar flavor tasted.
Arwen740
Ranger of the North

Postby Arwen740 » Thu Jun 14, 2001 6:14 am

Good morning, my beloved garden, home of my innermost heart. There is only peace here as your gentle meadows caress me with soft grasses. I will return later to wander through the forest and swim in your river, for only you know my secret longings and deepest yearnings. They are rooted here in the moist ground, striving towards the heart of your nurturing seed bed.
Arwen740
Ranger of the North

Postby ~Luthien~ » Thu Jun 14, 2001 9:48 am

Aureate beams of sunlight pierced through the trees overhead capturing the faint sparkle in her turquoise eyes. It all seemed so real and tangible, but then was more than absorbing to be actuality. In the midst of ~Luthien's~ daydream a soft touch on her shoulder disquieted her and she looked upon Beren sweet face.
~Luthien~
Citizen of Imladris

Postby ~Beren~ » Fri Jun 15, 2001 2:31 am

Beren opened his eyes to the eqiuisite vision of Luthien there, and he reached for her, and held her and kissed her long.
~Beren~
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Arwen740 » Fri Jun 15, 2001 12:53 pm

The valley breathes and sighs. Wrapped in mist she sleeps alone, dreams are all she knows. Perhaps in another time, another age, her heart will touch it's other, the one who knows all, the only one who comprehends the textures of her heart, the contours of her soul. Until then his shadow passes, his words, clouds on the breeze that whisper her name and disappear. She takes comfort in their distant touch, brief, nourishing rain before they evaporate. <BR>People dance and play, love and wonder in her gardens, and she loves them as her own.
Arwen740
Ranger of the North

Postby Arwen740 » Sun Jun 17, 2001 5:08 pm

I walk along the twilight path through this beloved garden. The dark eastern sky seeks his lover as he moves over the shoulder of her granite cliffs. The valley awakens in her dream to perceive his face, gazing into eyes of starlight, eyes lost in flight above her. The sweet valley embraces the night, nuzzling the soft gray wing that rests on his forhead, and he tenderly kisses the veins along her neck where red-clawed doves stuggle and call.
Arwen740
Ranger of the North

Postby Terry D » Tue Jun 19, 2001 4:51 am

... oh I miss this place. I've got to find more time in the day! Arwen, it is such a rich experience knowing you, good morning fair Lady!<BR><BR>Good morning all, huggggssss.
Terry D
Ringbearer

Postby Arwen740 » Tue Jun 19, 2001 6:03 am

Good Morning, Terry! The Garden draws you into its morning embrace! Gentle hugs and kisses on this bright dawn.
Arwen740
Ranger of the North

Postby RavenTinuviel » Tue Jun 19, 2001 2:03 pm

Arwen is such a beautiful spirit and I just dance all about the garden in joy! I copied and printed your post Arwen and had it in one of the cards at the reception because it was so touching... It remains with Dan and I forever!
RavenTinuviel
Ranger of the North

Postby Arwen740 » Tue Jun 19, 2001 5:04 pm

I suddenly have tears of joy! Raven, my heart breaks, I am so touched. I feel honored to have been a part of your beautiful day. You are precious, dear one. I wish you and your new husband all the best.
Arwen740
Ranger of the North

Postby Terry D » Wed Jun 20, 2001 5:58 am

Ah, what a day, what loving companions,.. we join here in the sanctity of supportive, sharing bliss! <BR><BR>Say, I miss Lady Galadriel! I do, I do, I do, miss you Lady G. Where have you gone? What are you doing? When will we dwell in your grace and wisdom?
Terry D
Ringbearer

Postby Arwen740 » Wed Jun 20, 2001 6:41 am

The butterfly lightly kisses the heart, awakening love with the light of dawn.<BR><BR>Dearest gardens, tell us where dear Lady G sleeps. Somewhere within your soft grasses lies a princess asleep, a lovely vision, wrapped in your dreams.
Arwen740
Ranger of the North

Postby Terry D » Wed Jun 20, 2001 7:40 am

woman, you make me smile! What a poetic heart you are!
Terry D
Ringbearer

Postby Arwen740 » Thu Jun 21, 2001 6:33 am

I dance along wet stones in the river, smooth stones glistening in the sunlight, as I seek the waterfall. I want to drown in the releasing roar and sing with the rainbows that hover there.
Arwen740
Ranger of the North

Postby ~Luthien~ » Thu Jun 21, 2001 8:02 am

<i>A Commitment Never Desisted </i><BR>Loves amiable kiss of perpetual obscurity,<BR>Comes into my anima like an impetuous rush of wind~<BR>Your touch has remitted oscillations through my inner-soul,<BR>And I reject this calenture, but you insist and kiss me amorously. <BR><BR>As the new day comes over the starlit night I see Beren in my dreams and slip back into his fondle of fidelity.<BR>
~Luthien~
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Lady Galadriel » Thu Jun 21, 2001 1:07 pm

"To sleep, perchance to dream"... No, I am not sleeping, just terribly, terribly caught up in the worst nightmare of activity. <BR><BR>At work I hardly manage to get close to the computer - every time I step towards the door of the lab someone jumps at me with a whole new load of tasks - it must be a conspiracy! Last week I was tired and in a hurry and I managed to break a flask - evenly distributing its contents over the table, floor and my own persona. Obviously this was done under the dissaproving eye of the big boss himself! Eversince, the moment I touch anything I hear someone saying "just don't break it, please". My only hope is that the Boss is growing old and, hopefuly, forgetfull. Perhaps in a few years....<BR><BR>On top of everything, it never stops raining! And not for a week or two, but for a whole month. It is like the monsoon season - without the crocodiles. They will probably migrate here anyway when they see that the conditions are favourable. Today was the first afternoon in quite a while with a pale image of a sun, and I convinced my son to ride his bicycle <i>outside</i> for a change. <BR><BR>The team we had hired to work at our new appartment speaks to me as if they were repainting The Louvre, not a four rooms flat.... I should probably give them more tasks, but I am afraid that they will never finish...<BR><BR>Now do you see why do not visit the board? I do not want to pester everybody with complaints. Besides, I have discovered a passion for Sir Derek Jacobi - the actor who played Claudius in Ken Brannagh's "Hamlet". A very fine one - perhaps one of the best. So I tend to spend the evenings in front of the TV with some film or another, totally enjoying myself. I had quite forgotten how beautifull Shakespeare can be.<BR><BR>Well, huggs and kisses to you all,<BR>(I meant to join the hugging guild, but the computer keeps throwing me out)
Lady Galadriel
Shield Bearer

Postby Terry D » Sat Jun 23, 2001 4:01 am

The Lady G danced 'neath apple trees. Emerald trees with scarlet and golden fruit... fairies inhabited her sighs... her whisperings enchantment. Mortals lingered in the apple-shade, entranced with the vision of the lovely Galadriel.<BR><BR>Lily of the Valley, rosemary and thyme, blossomed as she began to sing. Tiny flowers and scented perfume, chorused in wee song.<BR><BR>The elf plant, rosemary, seduced with freedom's scent... thyme, the fairie's favorite... sang playfully, delighting pixies.<BR><BR>The rich fragrance of forest and the musk of verdant ferns clung in cloying mists to each of Galadriel's words... an oak tree, solitary, slept in the awakening dawn. For those who believe, the shadowy hole, near its bottom, opened into doorway to Fairy Land!<BR><BR>The Lady Galadriel danced with Forget-Me-Nots, as her tiara... The elven Lady held her breath and wished the blue flowers upon her head to fly into the Butterfly Garden... Obedient, the fluttering petals became a wish... and pure and true...they erupted as keys of fairy land....<BR>
Terry D
Ringbearer

Postby ~Luthien~ » Mon Jun 25, 2001 9:14 am

I see his face looking upon mine and his gaze is alike a spell he casts of divine obsession for me. His resplendent eyes perforate a hole in my heart and I feel my being falling deeper into his. I speak gently to him and say, <i>"Can we go farther? Beyond this?"</i>
~Luthien~
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Arwen740 » Fri Jun 29, 2001 6:50 am

As the sun touches the meadow, the warm belly of the dancer, the valley stretches deliciously. Her grasses sway as tiny birds rise to sing their golden throated melodies. Held tightly within the rocky arms of granite, she revels in the sweet mystery of nocturnal mists that have left sparkling kisses on her skin in the night.
Arwen740
Ranger of the North

Postby Terry D » Sun Jul 01, 2001 8:30 am

Release,.. breathe deeply... feel the breeze of butterfly wings.. <BR><BR>~`A` `seraph` was sent to us `from` `Elysium`~
Terry D
Ringbearer

Postby Lady Galadriel » Mon Jul 02, 2001 4:10 am

Most dear friends that come to help when one is tired and low...<BR><BR>Yes, Terry, I surely need some time to remember to breathe and some time to dream of butterflies. I write rarely, but I come here often enough and just read, and feel better.<BR><BR>I think we got a little over the line in the other thread, the one with the sandwitches, but no disrespect was meant - just inocent teasing, seeing that you are a most chivalrous guy and a little flirtatious. But over the net, with so many byte-miles between people, one tends to say things that can never be said face-to-face.
Lady Galadriel
Shield Bearer

Postby Terry D » Mon Jul 02, 2001 4:26 am

so true, Lady G... <BR><BR>What a wonderful surprise! I can not tell you how delightful it is to see you! Each time you appear it is, as if, the starlight is glistening! You are a dear! I love ya lady... and I would prolly say it right to your face! No byte miles in between...
Terry D
Ringbearer

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Green Dragon Inn (Tolkien-Influenced Fantasy)