Return of Thuringwethil (OOC) We got a full house peoples!!!

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Return of Thuringwethil (OOC) We got a full house peoples!!!

Postby SmogsFlame » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:29 pm

This is the thread for the story that was started in LFI. As it soon became too large for the Inn, we decided to graduated it to RP status :lol:

Click the link and head down to celebalqua's first post. This is where our story begins.

http://forums.theonering.com/viewtopic. ... &start=450

Being as it may take a while, and many may not want to read all that took place, I shall also write the shortened form of the story.

An old gentleman named Cam finds some lost artifacts. It is soon found out that they onced belonged to the long dead, evil vampire, Thuringwethil. The occupants of the Inn are attacked by a group of half orc half men creatures, in an attempt to retake the evil artifacts. The fight ends with the poeple of the Inn winning the fight. But three poeple, two elves and a Rohirrim, who have unexplainablely been personally drawn into the fight, have taken it upon themselves to rid Middle-Earth of this evil.

Here is where (if you wish to join the fight) you can post a BIO, ask questions, and discuss the RP. Right now we are only accepting serious bad guy applications. :)

CHARACTER LIST:

I play the character Agothien of Rohan.

Race: Man/Rohirrim.

Companions/Animals: His tall bay gelding, Hatha. Hatha was hand raised by Agoth and has been his companion for about 2-3 years now.

Description: Is about 6' tall, well built, toned body, with shoulder length dirty blonde hair, large round grey eyes that seem take in everything around him, strong square jaw, has close cut facial hair along his jawline and his chin.

Clothing: Usually wears loose clothing. Tan breeches, riding chaps, and tall black leather riding boots, wears shin guards under his chaps. Has a medium strength chain mail shirt that he wears underneath a leather jerkin, over which he wears a longsleaved shirt with the sleaves rolled up to the elbows. When he expects trouble he will wear his lighterweight armour breastplate, and arm guards. Has also has a helmet but he rarely wears it. His full suit of armour is at home. He will also wear a heavy green cloak bad weather.

Weapons: Short Rohirric sword, belt dagger, boot knife, longbow, sheild (which he wears on his back), quiver of arrows (underneath the sheild), and lance. He is also skilled in the use of a battle ax but this is not his preferred weapon.

Personality: He is calm, quite, usually friendly, and generally suspicious of people until he knows them better. Has a few bad memories from years past that come back to haunt him occasionally. Has a fierce temper when prevoked, but can also be the most helpful, understanding, joking friend a person could have.

History: Was born and raised in Rohan. His parents taugh him to fight, ride, cook, clean, mend, plan, and order large groups of men into a fighting unit. He is extremely knowledgeable of the lands of Rohan, and has been to Gonder several times as well. He fell in love with a girl from Rohan. But she was killed during the war of the ring. After that he became so overwelmed by grief and anger he sought death at the battle of pelenor fields.

He did not die but many of his friends and family did, further driving him inwards. Since then he has wandered from place to place searching for somewhere he feels comfortable and safe. Working at the Inn has helped him forget his sorrows. But they have been awakened, as both he and his friends have been attacked by an unknown evil.

OTHER CHARACTERS INCLUDE: Claymore, who plays the elf Morwe, and wolf Antaka. His full bio can be found on this page.

Arail Fordorthien plays the elf Arail Rioniel, the horse Morthil, and the falcon Menelor. Her full bio can be found on this page.

Swordsman_Of_The_Tower plays the Rohirrim, Siegwulf and the horse Morning. His full bio is also on this page.

Rowanberry plays the dwarf Jarni and his companions Snorri, and Falin. Her bio can be found here... http://forums.theonering.com/viewtopic. ... c&start=30

Ulugz plays an orc named Ulugz, and wargs ----, Moonshadow, and Nightfang. Her bio can also be found here... http://forums.theonering.com/viewtopic. ... c&start=30

Andalion plays a man named Andalion. His full bio can be found here... http://forums.theonering.com/viewtopic. ... 89#3635989

Zyferian writes the human character called Stacmir.
His bio is here.
http://forums.theonering.com/viewtopic. ... &start=150

And then we have our very own badie :twisted:
Elenduath(bad side)/earendil81(good side)'s character is Heryngûr. Who is responsible for the whole mess :wink: Her bio is here.
http://forums.theonering.com/viewtopic. ... c&start=90

Let's keep the ball rolling ya'll.
Last edited by SmogsFlame on Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:02 am, edited 9 times in total.
SmogsFlame
Shield Bearer

Location: One step closer to the edge, and I'm about to break!

Postby Claymore » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:31 pm

Yay our new shiny OOC thread.We just have to begin the RP :D.
We might copy the posts we wrote in the inn on the beginning of the RP thread. Like that interested people wont have to go first go to the Inn before starting.

Anyway Morwë's bio

Name: Morwë of Ithilien also nicknamed Hawk

Race: Sinda/Laiquendi

Companion: The white she-wolf Antaka. He found her as a pup on his earliest travels, cast out from her litter because of her different color. He adopted her, and they developed a deep bond. Antaka sees Morwë as the head of their two-mans pack. She understands human and elvish speech and at times communicates mentally with Morwë but with no-one else as they are not members from their pack.

Description: Morwë is a bit taller than six feet and a lean, lanky fellow with flat wiry muscles. His raven black hair is cut short as not to hinder him in combat. He has a surprising dark brown skin due to his many travels in the south and merry green eyes. He has the usual sharp and angled features of the elves and high cheekbones.
He usually wears practical travelling clothes from elvish as well as human make. He doesn't like to wear armor as they hinder him in his movements but when there is need to he has a leather jerkin like the Ranger's of Ithilien have for protection. He usually fights with a long dagger and a sword. He also has an asymmetrical bow taller than he is (think along the lines of a Japanese yumi). He usually wears it unstrung, slung across his back together with the arrows.

Story: Morwë was born some twelve years before the War of the Ring in Mirkwood. His mother was a Laiquendi and his father one of Cirdan's Falathrim. His mother is a gentle woman and a healer, his father was an instrument-maker but in time of war also a bow-maker and a skilled archer. He was killed during the assault of Dol-Guldur on Mirkwood at the end of the War. After her husband's death Morwë's mother followed Prince Legolas to Ithilien together with her daughter and her two sons. Morwë has but foggy memories of Mirkwood and considers Ithilien to be his true home. As a teen he had many contacts with human children and has a better understanding of them than most elves usually have. As soon as he grew old enough to hold a weapon he pestered the Rangers of Ithilien to take him with them. They finally agreed and expected him to fall out as soon as the first difficulty arose but Morwë surprised them and kept on. He soon became a valued member and learned anything valuable they could teach him. He has many friends among the Rangers and it was them who first began to call him Hawk. At the age of seventeen he decided he wanted to see a bit more of the world and left his home. He adopted Antaka in Eriador and travelled to Harad and Rhun. He occasionally returns home but on irregular intervals.

Personality: Usually a merry young elf, he has sharp sense of humor sometimes bordering on the sarcastic and he doesn't hesitate to make fun of himself. He can be serious however when the situation requires it. He's quite curious and this together with his outspokenness has brought him into problems quite a few times already. He's a bit of a daredevil and eager to try out new things. He sometimes acts on instinct and can be a tat stubborn at times but his travels have made him wiser and more prudent. Morwë is usually a very cool and fierce fighter but when he gets very angry he enters into some sort of battle-state in which he kills without mercy, even enjoying it. He only discovered this recently and his quite ashamed of this.

Skills: He learned some herblore from his mother and wood-crafting from his father and later from his big brother. He learned anything valuable one can know about survival in the wild from the Rangers. If he doesn't want to be found no-one but the most skilled trackers will and with Antaka's nose he can track almost anything as long as it isn't too old. He's a skilled swordsman and prefers to fight with his long one-handed sword and his dagger as main-gauche. He can however also use other weapons and makes considerable damage with a staff. He isn't very strong so he mostly relies on his wits, his quickness and his agility. His fighting style is one of quick, fierce attacks and even quicker retreats. Having a great endurance he likes to wear his opponents out. During his travels he learned quite a few dirty tricks which he doesn't hesitate to use. He knows very well how to use his bow and learned to shoot from horse-back.
Claymore
Rider of the Mark

Postby Arail Fordorthien » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:51 pm

Ooh, up and running at last, never thought I'd see the day :lol: Anyway, here is Arail's bio...kinda sketchy since I haven't quite figured out her previous history yet, but I guess it'll come to me along the way.

Name: Arail Rîoniel

Nickname: Fordorthien “female dweller of the North” (given to her by an ellon from Harlond that she once had strong feelings for), brithla tithen “little pearl” (something her father used to call her).

Race: Elf, part Eglan, part Noldo.

Height: Close to 6 feet

Weight: About 140 lbs.

Hair colour: Darkbrown

Eye colour: Grey with a touch of blue, appears to be ‘silverblue’ at times.

Appearance: As most elves quite fair, but not more so than others of her race. Face oval and a bit narrow, with a softly pointed chin. Narrow nose, a full mouth, large, almond-shaped eyes under delicately curved eyebrows. Symmetrical features, at the same time soft and defined; over-all bodily structure well put together, legs are perhaps a bit too long for her upper body. Slender hands with long, sensitive fingers. Her hair reaches roughly to her shoulderblades, is wavy and most often kept away from the face with several braids.

Build: Tall and slender, built more for speed than strength

Marital status: Single all the way. Once she thought that she had found the one, but now she strongly doubts that she will ever love again.

Occupation: Scribe and part time borderscout and messenger to the Lords of Imladris.

Outfit: Most often she is seen wearing: a coat of dark navy-blue leather (with silver buttons in the shape of feathers, one has to remember ones roots), a large green cloak, grey tunic and leggings and high boots of darkbrown leather. She does have a chainmail-shirt, a light and strong piece of elven craftsmanship, as well as a pair of equally beautiful and functional bracers, but she only wears them when there is need. Practical clothing of elven make, beautiful and often in muted colours is her melody. Nothing is ever flamboyant or impractical, not to mention in the way, but she has on the other hand never been known to say no to a gorgeous dress now and then, if the moment is right. Only jewellery is a silver necklace set with pearls, a begetting-day gift from her parents, and a thin silver ring depicting leaves and feathers, given to her by the ellon she once loved.

Means of travel: Can travel swift and lightly on her own two feet, but main means of transportation is still her irritable and fiery black, battle-trained elven-mare, Morthil “dark moon” (born during a lunar eclipse), commonly called Olvorn, “nightmare”, around the stables of Imladris.

Personality: Somewhat reserved when meeting new people, but quickly becomes a merry gal with an acute sense of humour in the right company. Intelligent and can be quite patient when needs be. Once you get on her bad side though, you better watch out, ‘cause this elf is not one to be trifled with, especially if you harm those she calls friends. She willingly helps others with their problems, but does not share her own with many. She may reveal some of them, with time, but only to trusted friends. Not all of her memories are happy, and they serve to give her a more solemn and reserved edge.

Skills include: Most battleoriented skills: Archery, swordsmanship, knifefighting. Other skills include: anything connected to a scribes work, speaks several languages (both elven and mannish) and dialects, but can also manage a song or two when in the mood. Can survive well on her own in the wilds, and with her inborn fine senses and soundless step, she is an excellent tracker. Not really much of a healer other than the basics, but when it comes to massaging stiff and aching muscles, she is a god! She has hardly any magical abilities, as they are counted, but her long years of scouting has given her a slightly sixth sense for evil and danger, but it is not always so that she realises what it is that she feels, only a sense that something is wrong. She has a strong will and mind, something that has served her well several times in her life.

Weapons of choice: An ash longbow, a gift of a Mirkwood friend; an elven blade inherited from her father, Merileg "rosethorn" or twin elven knives. If the place allows it, fiery Olvorn may join in for a few nasty kicks, and peregrine falcon Menelor (“heaven-heart”) more than gladly swoops in to cause general disarray with shrieks and scratching claws conveniently at eye-level.

Past bio: Born to a Noldo, Rîon, and a member of Círdan’s Falathrim, Mídhaer, some time during the first millennium of the Third Age of the Sun. She left Forlond partly because she wanted to see more, but largely due to the fact that the ellon she had loved lived there, and when he professed that he did not love her anymore, she felt that she couldn’t stay. Settled down in Imladris, where she lived in relative peace as a part of the Lord’s household. Adventurous in spirit she often set out on short trips to see the world, at times getting into battles of various size, but never getting hurt very badly. The rise of the Shadow darkened her lively spirit somewhat, and she centred more on protecting her home than venturing far and wide. She took no part in the War, other than guarding her home, but when peace returned, she was quick to go beyond the borders once more.

Recent history: On her way from delivering a message from the current Lords of Imladris, Elladan and Elrohir, to Círdan of Mithlond, she happened to pass by the Forsaken Inn. Seeing as the place was under attack, she quickly joined in the fighting. Afterwards she decided to stay for a few days rest, but as trouble arose and managed to draw her into its webs, she saw no other way but to join in the riddance of it. Strange and unexplicable things are not her cup of tea, but when something evil invades her mind and brings troubling memories and nightmares, and unknown forces seem to push them along she is not happy in the slightest, and she will not rest until it is settled.

Yeah, I had a bit too much fun in writing about her :roll:
Last edited by Arail Fordorthien on Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arail Fordorthien
Shield Bearer

Postby SmogsFlame » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:44 pm

Arail: Yeah you did have to much fun :nono: :wink: And sorry it took so long. I offer no excuse other then my own laziness. :roll:

Clay: I thought about doing that but I thought that that would make a VERY long post so I wasn't sure about that. We do need to somehow transfer ourselves from the Inn to here though. I didn't want to just up and run though that might be what we have to do. Switching now might be best cause Val and Aerin have restarted the light RP after all our trouble we stirred up :lol: :roll:

Do either of you have any insight on how we should procede?
SmogsFlame
Shield Bearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:59 pm

Sorry but I had to come see how your new digs were going!! :D

I agree with Claymore that you need to copy at least a few of your latest posts in the LFI and transfer them to your new thread. It gives you a base to start from and also gets people back into your story quicker.

Good luck folks!! :thumbsup: :clap:
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of Calma she passed away on 07/05/19 ! RIP dear lady! :rose:
Primula Baggins passed away on 02/27/19
Cockrobin has passed away on 02/18/2019 Rest in the arms of Jesus my friend!
oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby SmogsFlame » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:02 pm

Well there ya go guys. A bright, shiny, new OOC thread and an IC thread.

I only went back one post each though. I wanted to get enough for a decent start but I didn't want to go back to far. Is what's up there right now OK with everyone? Oh and the title? Will this work? I can change it anytime we want. It's just what came to mind when the time came to make the thread. It did kinda seem to fit. :)

Lets get posting!!! :lol:
SmogsFlame
Shield Bearer

Postby Claymore » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:25 pm

actually it would be better if we went back to where Cam brought those artefracts IMO.
For the rest I 've only one thing to say: YEEEEEEHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Claymore
Rider of the Mark

Postby Swordsman_Of_The_Tower » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:23 pm

Name: Siegwulf of Snowhall

Race: Rohirric

Companion: A

Gender: Morning, a male bay with a gentle quality to him. He has been raised alongside of Siegwulf and trusts and will protect him anywhere and through anything. Not a warhorse, but a workhorse, he is naturally swift, hardy, and strong.

Height: a bit above six feet (2 meters)

Weight: about 170 pounds

Hair colour: dirty blond, with not a small amount of reddish color to it.

Eye colour: cerulean blue

Appearance: Naturally good looking but, Tall, slender, but not skinny, more worn and half-starved. Disheveled looking, cleaned up in new clothing he is very handsome

Build: Tall, average, a little skinny, but sinewy and strong.

Marital status/family: Single, orphan. Lived with his father and older brother, until both were killed on the Pelennor Fields.

Occupation: anything that needs doing in the town, laborer, sheep-herder, tending to animals, some skill in carpentry and working with wood.

Outfit: Disheveled looking riding clothes and rough, but strong leather armor. Has a leather and metal helm he rarely wears. Tall tan boots, coated and stained with mud and rainwater. He also has a gray riding cloak he conceals his head in when upset.

Personality: Lonely, depressed, and withdrawn, but can and will come out of it an open up. Takes comfort in silence, his horse who he considers his best friend, and nature and it's wonders and beauty. Doesn't like battle, but knows it and it's unfortunate necessity well.

Skills include: skilled with a lance, handaxe and shield, javelin, mounted fighting, surprisingly good at cooking and other domestic tasks, repairing leather and clothes etc. Considered a good musician among his kind as well.

Weapons of choice: An ashen lance, A single-headed axe he has carried with him for years, a green wooden and leather faced shield he first carried at the Pelennor fields.

Bio-Born in Snowhall in the waning years of the third age. Siegwulf lived his entire life after his mother's death early in his life with his father Siegric and his older brother Alaric. The three enjoyed life as the days and years grew darker. Siegwulf worked odd jobs, whatever needed to be done. He and his father and brother were summoned to the Pelennor fields by the King, and on the way to Minas Tirith Siegwulf personally met the king, he made a point to try to speak to his men before the battle. He lost both his father and his brother in the horror and confusion of the battle. He took to melancholy after the war of the ring and wandered Rohan and Gondor, looking for peace.........
Swordsman_Of_The_Tower
Ranger of the North

Postby SmogsFlame » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:12 pm

Hey Swordsman! Glad to see you. I was scared it was justing going to be Arial, Clay, and myself for this RP.
SmogsFlame
Shield Bearer

Postby Arail Fordorthien » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:30 pm

Now, would that bee so bad? :wink: Just kiddin', glad to see ya Swordsman!

edit: And sorry for the short post, but I'm running a bit low on inspiration at the moment, upcoming exams are stealing all my energy and brainactivity :P But after Wednesday I should be back to normal, I hope...
Arail Fordorthien
Shield Bearer

Postby Claymore » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:09 pm

good luck with them.
Mine will be coming over two weeks :D
Claymore
Rider of the Mark

Postby Arail Fordorthien » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:38 am

And....there! I'm done with my exams! :) I have absolutely no idea whatsoever how I did, but it's doen for now, at least. Phew! :lol: And thanks, Clay, and good luck to you too! Anyone got a post coming soon?
Arail Fordorthien
Shield Bearer

Postby Swordsman_Of_The_Tower » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:49 am

I can try to post today. I don't know if i'm the right person to try to advance this right now though.
Swordsman_Of_The_Tower
Ranger of the North

Postby SmogsFlame » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:18 pm

At this point anybody can post and advance the story fairly well.

But actually Swords you are a key part right now, because you want to join the quest. But none of the quest's members knows who you are, and with the recent trouble they'll all be waiting to try and get an idea of who you are and what your intentions are. For right now that's what Agoth is trying to do. :)

So yeah whatever you come up with will probly be fine. Sides theres always the EDIT button. I've never met an RPer, let alone a good one, who didn't frequently use this function :)
SmogsFlame
Shield Bearer

Postby Arail Fordorthien » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:06 am

Oh yes, the EDIT button is my friend :P And I've come to the conclusion that i need to go out and get a life. Wanna know why? Last night I actually dreamt about our little party setting out from the LFI. Sad, ain't it? :roll:
Arail Fordorthien
Shield Bearer

Postby Claymore » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:50 pm

Okay it wasn't a big post but I'm a bit blank the last time. I hope it helped the story along though. I have my first exam tomorrow, three hours of maths, oh Joy :roll:.

By the way Smog, you could add to the title of the thread that we are still searching for other players. That might attract them. We'll just have to wait with the net :twisted:
Claymore
Rider of the Mark

Postby Arail Fordorthien » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:53 pm

Good luck Clay! Can't say that I envy you in the slightest (I've always detested math) :P but I'll keep my fingers crossed fore you!
Arail Fordorthien
Shield Bearer

Postby Claymore » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:59 pm

Well actually with a dad like mine I could do nothing but to like maths but three hours of it are still a bit too much of the good thing :lol:
Claymore
Rider of the Mark

Postby Arail Fordorthien » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:01 pm

You don't say?! :roll: Well, good luck anyways :P
Arail Fordorthien
Shield Bearer

Postby SmogsFlame » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:26 pm

Thanks for the idea Clay. I actually hadn't thought of that even though I think I should have :roll: This is the first time I've started an RP. Oh and BTW that post wasn't to bad I'll post something soon.

I totally dislike math. Bordering on hate. Besides the fact that I'm very not good at it :roll:
SmogsFlame
Shield Bearer

Postby Arail Fordorthien » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:45 am

I can't believe no one wants to join us! Well, their loss :P We gonna get moving soon (I know I'm a wee bit demanding, and I would write it myself, but I have not a scrap of inspiration right now...I have a feeling my muse is on strike...wonder if giving her chocolate helps?)
Arail Fordorthien
Shield Bearer

Postby Claymore » Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:14 pm

Chocolate. Hmmmm should try. Mine is quite shy too these last times.
I will try to write something, but I'm also supposed to be very busy with my last year project :angeldevil:.
Claymore
Rider of the Mark

Postby Arail Fordorthien » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:05 am

I'll probably be unavailable for a few days..computer is safely packed away without access to Internet :( but I'll get back as soon as I can (gives you a few days to think of something to write :twisted: )
Arail Fordorthien
Shield Bearer

Postby SmogsFlame » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:22 pm

I can't believe no one wants to join us!

Don't worry, "More will come." lol :roll:

Oh and further don't worry about posting. Post when you can.

I'll get back as soon as I can (gives you a few days to think of something to write)

:roll: Thanks a lot :wink: :P I think I shall post the exiting post if that's fine with everyone. I'll have to DP if nobody else posts but I can do it easy enough.
SmogsFlame
Shield Bearer

Postby rowanberry » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:51 pm

I've been keeping an eye on this RP, because I've got a character that might fit in here. ;) I'll just have to read the build-up in LFI, and your posts here more carefully, before I introduce him.
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby Claymore » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:07 pm

Swooooooosh THUMP....... Gotcha! We caught thee in our nets, now thou cannot escape usssss. :twisted:

Okay I admit I freaked out but.... Woooot someone who wants to join!
Claymore
Rider of the Mark

Postby Arail Fordorthien » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:50 am

Bound to happen sooner or later, we're such an adorable bunch, who could ever stay away from us? :P Join in the madness Rowan, you'll enjoy it! :wink:
Arail Fordorthien
Shield Bearer

Postby rowanberry » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:16 am

All right, this will be my character:

Name: Jarni (pronounced approximately "yarny")

Race and gender: Dwarf, male

Marital status: Single. In his youth he fancied a girl, but she chose another.

Looks: 4'1", sturdy and muscular. Brown hair and beard, both of which he usually wears on two braids; brown eyes, big nose. Humans might describe his face as "homely", elves would probably think that he's ugly.

Animals/companions: None. On his travels, he usually relies on his own legs, and can walk long distances tirelessly, but he rides a pony or drives a cart if necessary.

Outfit: Usually a woollen shirt, woollen trousers, heavy boots, and a leather tunic; outdoors, he also wears a brown cloak and hood. On his travels, he wears a short mail shirt to protect himself.

Weapons: A travel axe that also functions as a walking staff, two small throwing axes, and a knife.

Bio: Jarni was born in the Iron Hills, but after the retake of Erebor, his family moved there. In the War of the Ring, he fought in the battle of Dale, which he survived with relatively minor injuries. After the war, he was one of the dwarves that came with Gimli to help rebuild Minas Tirith, and settled in the Glittering Caves. His old parents and a married sister live in Erebor.

Skills: Skilled in working both metal and stone, although metallurgy is his favourite. Can carry heavier loads than humans or elves. Wields his weapons with experience, and can also hunt with a short bow.

Personality: Very reserved in the company of strangers of any race. But, those who manage to get close to him couldn't get a more faithful friend. He enjoys working peacefully at the anvil, but is a fierce fighter if he has to fight. He almost passionately hates the Dark Powers and everything made by them, and shows no mercy to the dark creatures. Sometimes, he tends to have a couple of pints too many, and depending on the situation, he gets either very cheerful or very peeved; in the latter case, others are wise to leave him alone!

So, now I just have to find a suitable place to write him in. I take that the rest of you are leaving the Inn soon; maybe Jarni could meet them somewhere on the road toward Rivendell (if that is where your company will be heading first), because he is on his way to Erebor?
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby SmogsFlame » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:09 pm

Yeah!!! Welcome aboard Rowan! Well fellows, how shall we rig this so that we will have a dwarf in our midst? Any idea for posts *hint hint*. :wink: :rofl:
SmogsFlame
Shield Bearer

Postby Claymore » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:32 pm

One dwarf, and two elves of whom one comes from Mirkwood.
Oh hell this is going to be fun :D.

Again I have that darn last year's research to work on. I'll try to write something but if any of you manages to write something earlier just go on and post it.
Claymore
Rider of the Mark

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)