Return of Thuringwethil (OOC) We got a full house peoples!!!

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby Claymore » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:41 pm

AH well better than my suggestion anyway :D
Claymore
Rider of the Mark

Postby Ulugz » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:45 pm

I actually really like the idea of Antaka meeting up with the wargs in the woods. 'S why I figured a way to leave them behind.
Here's a description of the wargs if anyone wants to inteact with them.

The Alpha of my little mini-pack is a monster, nearly four foot high at the shoulder. He is white muzzled with age, but otherwise gray with darker markings around his eyes. His mate has been dead over two years now, but he still considers her last offspring to be green cubs. The "Pups" as I call them are about the size of a normal timberwolf. Nightfang is a handsome all black male (he takes after his late mother) with golden yellow eyes, and a bit of a goofy personality. If there's trouble to be found he'll be into it. Moonshadow is a silvery, pale gray to almost white female with jade green eyes. She is the sensible one, and is far more wary than her wayward brother.
Perhaps after the battle we can have a group howl??? :grouphug: hmmm maybe not.... :wink:
Ulugz
Rider of the Mark

Postby Arail Fordorthien » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:07 am

Okay, I sort of have an idea for a post, but I think I'll wait and let someone else cut in...perhaps SF or Swordsman would like to post their view of the fight? Mine is basically 'great dislike of orc and large potential for future awkwardness between characters' or something of that nature...yeah, I'm not too great with words today :roll:
Arail Fordorthien
Shield Bearer

Postby SmogsFlame » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:24 pm

Hey my friends and other peeps. :lol:

I've just gotten through 2 weeks of no puter. Yeah yeah I know. But it wasn't my fault. I got grounded for some trumped up crap. I'm back now and on my way to catching up to where we are.

Welcome Uglugz. I love it that some peoples are starting to take an interst. This RP should be fun. :lol: Peace. I go to post. Since I seem to be one of the only people not to lol :roll:
SmogsFlame
Shield Bearer

Location: One step closer to the edge, and I'm about to break!

Postby Arail Fordorthien » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:42 am

Glad to have you back with us SF! And, Ulugz, I didn't really know how to write your character, like how good her Westron was and things like that, but just tell me and I'll rewrite the post to suite your thoughts better. :wink:
Arail Fordorthien
Shield Bearer

Postby rowanberry » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:57 am

Welcome back, SF. :) I'll try and write Jarni's reaction to Ulugz during the weekend.
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby SmogsFlame » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:16 pm

lol Thanks guys. I'm glad to be back. Oh BTW welcome Rowan. I can't believe I missed you. Sorry 'bout that lol. Oh and I could't help adding another post. It gave me a chance to put Agoth in there again but in the end the spotlight is still your's. I wait with anticipation your post.
SmogsFlame
Shield Bearer

Postby Andalion » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:33 pm

Greetings, all. I'm new, yeah, that's obvious, but I'm really quite interested in the flow of this story and I was wondering if you might allow me the chance to write with you all?
Andalion
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Arail Fordorthien » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:36 pm

Hello, Andalion. What did you have in mind? Could you perhaps give us a bio of your character with some back story and explain a bit so me and my friends can see where you'd fit in? And don't worry, we're actually a rather friendly bunch :wink: And once we give you the go (which I'm sure we will :P ) it would be good if you would read back what we have posted so far, and perhaps the bits of it that's over at the Lucky Fortune Inn so you'll get a grip on what's going on.
Arail Fordorthien
Shield Bearer

Postby Andalion » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:48 pm

I've gotten a bit of reading done, but much to go, really. I haven't made a bio in full yet, but I can give you a basic layout and fill in the rest later, maybe?

Name: Andalion.

Race: So far as anyone knows he's human, but his family has had lots of elven influence, possibly even so far as blood-ties. The only reason he himself can't tell for sure is because most everyone in his family has died in battle or from disease, so no one's been alive long enough to see for sure.

Profession: Generally speaking, he has no profession. He calls himself a "man of nature", which is basically just his way of saying he's a woodsman. He has a major talent with a bow and is quite a worldly fellow. He's also uncannily quick on his feet for just a human, which is odd, but intriguing.

Personality: He seems to be a rather quiet man, not prone to throwing himself at things emotionally. There is a solemnity to his character, in his eyes especially, that few pick out unless they're looking for peculiarities. It's hard to truly define him as a person from another point of view because of his reserved nature, which is all most people get to know about him.
Andalion
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Arail Fordorthien » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:52 pm

That's fine by me, at least. Take your time with it, our group hans't got to Rivendell yet, and I doubt your character would be able to meet up with us before we get there (seeing as we're in almost completely unpopulated territory that'll go on until Imladris), so there's no need to stress. Just read on and work on your char. My fellow writers will have to have their say in this as well, I guess. The best of luck to you.
Arail Fordorthien
Shield Bearer

Postby Andalion » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:02 pm

I did have one question that I couldn't figure on my own yet. How long after the end of the War of the Ring is this set?
Andalion
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Arail Fordorthien » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:06 pm

Hmm, don't have a definitive answer to that one...would say some 30 odd years after the war, maybe a little less.
Arail Fordorthien
Shield Bearer

Postby SmogsFlame » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:12 pm

Hey Andolion! Your are more then welcome to join us.

Arail. I had actually kinda half-way thought that it was was then 10 years after the War of the Ring. What did you think Morwe? Maybe we can all compromise :)
SmogsFlame
Shield Bearer

Postby Andalion » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:19 pm

Thanks! Really, this is wonderful, thank you.

I was reading over everyone's biographies, and Claymore's character Morwe is 20, and it says he was born 12 years before the War. So that would make it 8 years? Just tossing that out there.
Andalion
Citizen of Imladris

Postby rowanberry » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:47 pm

Welcome on board, Andalion! :)

As for the time point, I also used Morwë's bio to figure it out so, I shouldn't think that it could be more than 10 years after the war.
rowanberry

Postby Andalion » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:45 pm

Well, this is the result. Hope it fits out okay.

Name: Andalion Orëlos.
Nickname: Andal, Gray-Man, Snowheart (Orëlos).
Alias: In several towns, he’s known simply as the Walker.
Race: For all Andalion knows, he is simple human, although there’s plenty about him refuting such an idea. His elven friends keep secrets from him, it seems, but apparently they (Menel most of all) believe he’ll find out for himself in time.
Height: 6’3”
Weight: 160 lbs.
Hair Color: Dark brown.
Eye Color: White.
Appearance: As it is now, Andalion is noted as a fair featured and powerfully built individual, a tall man, broad of shoulder, though almost gangly with thinness. He is dark of hair, though all else about him seems tempered by cold, and because of it rather icy in appearance. While his body appears leanly built and thin for his height, it is all resulted from his constant travel, usually in harsher conditions than most bodies are used to, and thus Andalion’s body is a mass of interwoven muscle, giving him an abnormal strength for someone so seemingly lithe (within clothes, in appearance). All along his body are an array of some very vivid scars, several large and brutal, while the majority is smaller, though all are noticeable. His most (perhaps only) captivating (and usually disturbing) feature is his eyes, which started out gray at birth and gradually became completely white, to the point where it looks as if disease took them and made him blind; there is no evidence of iris or pupil, although his eyesight is near perfect.
Marital Status: Andal puts little stock in love, having tasted what happens when that word is abused.
Profession: Generally speaking, he has no profession. He calls himself a "man of the world" which is basically just his way of saying he's a wanderer, although there's no denying that he's more than a simple wanderer. He has a good enough talent with a bow to carry one with confidence, and is quite a worldly fellow. He's also uncannily quick on his feet for just a human, which is odd, but intriguing.
Outfit: Andalion’s garb varies from day to day. On most of his travels, he wears simple traveling clothes, weathered boots and belt. Rarely does he indulge in finer clothes, save when staying in particular places. The only long-standing item is the clasp of whatever cloak he is wearing, which is of white-gold and shaped in an oval ring, with the middle hollowed out; it is the sigil of the Greymen.
Means of Travel: Andalion can always find food for himself, but some of the places he travels are not fit in that sense for a steed, and so he travels primarily on his own two feet unless he plans ahead or certain situations make a steed necessary. He has his greatest ally in nature, and nature speeds him on his way.
Personality: He seems to be a rather quiet man, not prone to throwing himself at things emotionally. There is a solemnity to his character, a kind of melancholy that clouds any other sense of him. It's hard to truly define him as a person from another point of view because of his reserved nature, which is all most people get to know about him.
Skills Include: Andalion has a variety of skills, his queerest and most complicated being a sort of empathic bond he has with nature and its animals. He can’t truly…talk to them, but in a sense, he can in fact communicate with them. The trees “speak” to him; the rocks “move” in his eyes. Animals seem to know what he’s thinking, and he them, almost at random.
Weapons of Choice: Andalion carries a handmade bow. His house traded with elves on a common basis…and somehow got their hands on a bit of mallorn wood. Not wanting to see it go to waste in building some stupid hut for one of his clansmen, he took a bit and crafted himself a fine bow, as high as his shoulder. He carries a simple, though sturdy and experienced dirk at his left hip.
Last edited by Andalion on Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andalion
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Arail Fordorthien » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:51 am

Oh, as to time, that notion I had of 30 years was quite random, as I started thinking about it when I went to bed. I think it is far more likely to go with what you have said of 10 years or such...not that it matters all that much to my gal, she's still the oldest of the bunch by far :P

BTW, Andalion, great bio! I don't know if I should be jealous or not...

EDIT: Oh, and pretty please, can I put up my response to Ulugz's post before you guys get ahead? It's just too good an opportunity to let slip by...I'll have it up in a couple of hours at the most :wink:
Last edited by Arail Fordorthien on Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arail Fordorthien
Shield Bearer

Postby rowanberry » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:32 am

OK, short and sweet. What I posted happens before Arail releases Ulugz so, I hope it doesn't contradict anything that you had in mind.

I mean the strangeness that Jarni senses in Ulugz to be her gender, which he might figure out at some point; after all, outsiders usually can't tell male and female dwarves apart, but to themselves, the differences must be clear so, Jarni would probably be more perceptive in this matter than the others. :wink:

Good bio, Andalion. :thumbsup:
rowanberry

Postby Andalion » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:45 am

Thanks, guys!

I'm going to come in at Rivendell, yes?
Andalion
Citizen of Imladris

Postby rowanberry » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:59 am

I believe that Rivendell would be the most logical place; the rest of us will probably get there rather soon.

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

rowanberry

Postby SmogsFlame » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:39 am

I agree that that would probebly be the best time to hop on in. If you want to could do something with your character in Rivendell. Build your character some, if you want.

I admit I did not read your full bio Andol, but I will. The part I did read however looked great to me.

Arail. I don't know about you but I'm jealous :rofl: :roll: :wink:

I go to read what everyone's posted now. If there's a opening I'll try to post something as well. But I don't want to take anyones turn. :)
SmogsFlame
Shield Bearer

Postby Arail Fordorthien » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:43 am

Hmm, I'm working on something right now, but I should have it up in a short while, so no worries there :P
And I agree that Rivendell would be the best place to gather up our full forces...does anyone know where Swordsman has disappeared? And what do you think, should we put a stop to accepting more people after Andalion? Our group has grown to, what...six people now? Is that as much as our quest can handle?
Arail Fordorthien
Shield Bearer

Postby Andalion » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:31 pm

I'll work on something to introduce my character (in Rivendell) before the rest arrive, then. Thanks for that suggestion. I guess it might be up later today, or sometime, or whenever. :shock:
Andalion
Citizen of Imladris

Postby SmogsFlame » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:32 pm

That might be a good idea Arail. Oh and it's seven counting Swordsman. If he doesn't show up maybe we should offer up his postition. I've kinda been holding off on that, in case he shows, up but if he doesn't I want somebody else to have a chance to RP with us. His spot and one more would make us even an even eight.

If that' OK with everyone I'll close it to all but bad guys, that may want to try to hinder us. It's not always that fun if you have to be both good and bad now is it? :twisted: :roll:

Andol: I liked your post very much. I can see we are expected. At least somewhat lol. I'm anxious to see what happens. This ball is rolling down the hill nicely I think. :)
SmogsFlame
Shield Bearer

Postby rowanberry » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:34 am

I've also been thinking of Swordsman; he's been away for rather long. If he doesn't show up before the group leaves Rivendell, it might be best to write his character out - he could, for example, find a reason to stay in Rivendell. That way, he can catch the rest of us later if he returns.

rowanberry

Postby earendil81 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:12 pm

Smogsflame, I sent a PM to you... regarding bad guys.

Let me know if you have received it ;)
Never forgetting those who have passed into the West :rose:

Sharing a story with Rholarowyn: Once There Were Words

Laesha is taking her first steps in the RP world with Eilathen and a bunch of great characters in The Expected Party
Fan of Redemption: the Reckoning

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good.

It's funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all
It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby SmogsFlame » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:29 pm

Ah I have. But unfortuneately I am unable to answer, or for that matter view, said message on account I'm not a PM. :cry2:

If it's not a problem you can say what you said in your message here.
SmogsFlame
Shield Bearer

Postby earendil81 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:13 pm

I don't mind... it's just I didn't want to take a chance and spoil the fun you might have in store for your crew ;).

Looks like I'll be coming as a bad guy, I'm just waiting for SF's go ahead on which one ;).

If you cannot answer my PM and want to keep things "under cover" for the moment you can still send a mail to my address earendil81 at yahoo dot com.

Otherwise, we can communicate via this thread... Your call as you're the master of the RP ;)
Never forgetting those who have passed into the West :rose:

Sharing a story with Rholarowyn: Once There Were Words

Laesha is taking her first steps in the RP world with Eilathen and a bunch of great characters in The Expected Party
Fan of Redemption: the Reckoning

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good.

It's funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all
It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby SmogsFlame » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:30 pm

:twisted: I will e-mail you. I'm anxious to see what you have in mind.

Oh and even though I did start the RP thread. I consider Claymore and Arail my equals in the descision making process. :) But I understand wanting to keep the bad guys under wraps for the time being.

Oh and while I'm thinking. I had an idea as to a way that might get Ulugz into the group. I was thinking about Agoth, in his anger, letting slip what he's carrying, and the orc, being an evil creature might have some idea about them. Or if not them then at least their owner. He wouldn't even have to say much. It's just a thought. What do you guys think?
SmogsFlame
Shield Bearer

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)