Episode 3: Return of the Michigan Guild

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

Postby Arwenelf » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:42 pm

How's the end of the semester going? Everyone still alive?
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby GwenElf » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:32 am

Barely.

Got your graduation announcement-- YAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!! for graduating!!! When are you going to be back in Flushing? If I don't have a job by then, I'll book it over to EI for celebratory espresso! (Seriously, I'm planning on getting up at 5 some morning and driving over and spending the day there... or at least the day until 2. :P)
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby oldtoby » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:26 am

BTW....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NEN!!!
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Arwenelf » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:47 am

Thanks Toby :)

Sil-- I am coming home the 10th. You will definitley have to plan your booking it over when I am home. If you wanted to, you could always just spend the night at my house so you didn't have to wake up at 5! I am going to Chicago on May 21 (I think thats it) so you can't come that weekend! Plus, if you come on Saturdays there is a chance Ruby won't be there....I'm not sure when I will have a job either...still waiting for a reply on my interview that I had. AH! I can't wait to see you!
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby Arwenelf » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:48 am

Oh, and yay for making it to a new page on here!
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby Evenstar_of_Imladris » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:49 am

Happy (very belated) birthday! :D

And if you are still interested in Cedar Point my mom said you can crash at our place the night before... ;)
Evenstar_of_Imladris
Ringbearer

Postby Arwenelf » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:58 am

Eve- Sweet!! Right now I have no job so I still don't know what will be happening that day. BUT! I am hopefully going--and yay for crashing at your place! :) It's going to be so much fun!! Woot! And thanks for the belated b-day wish.
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby Arwenelf » Sun May 04, 2008 10:33 am

Only one final left!! WOOT!! And I'm not too worried about it, its chemistry and if I fail it I should still pass the class. I can't wait to be done with Chemistry forever! I know that it will be a good week here with no work and friends around, but I am ready to go home...just 5 more days :) I have my car packed up (I know, I'm obsessive compulisive at times). I just have the essentials left in my room, and I need to vaccuum and clean clean clean. No $50 fines for me!

Does everyone have summer jobs yet? I sure don't, which is more than slightly worrying. *needs money*

Ok, I should at least look over some chemistry problems before tomorrow, so I am off!

Happy Sunday to you all :D
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby GwenElf » Sun May 04, 2008 4:23 pm

I'm working for the classics department again. No luck getting a job at the coffee shoppe yet, though. Alas!

Good luck on the chemistry final!! :clap:
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby skuld » Mon May 05, 2008 7:32 am

What's this speak of Michigan I hear?

= D
skuld
Ranger of the North

Postby Arwenelf » Mon May 05, 2008 8:40 am

Hi Skuld!

Sil- I am in love with your sig pic, you don't even know! I love those little guys so much *is a nerd*. I want it

Is it any warmer in MI? It feels like its going to be pretty toasty here. 4 more days in NY, woot!

And my chem final got moved to 4 because my dear old proff is going to work through it with me because of my short term memory deficit...I just want to be done with the dumb thing.
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby skuld » Mon May 05, 2008 8:42 am

Oh man. Up here in the north it's heaven. We're in Spring full swing!

I had crops and a light zip up on yesterday, which was great. = D
skuld
Ranger of the North

Postby oldtoby » Mon May 05, 2008 7:25 pm

hey stranger :)
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby GwenElf » Tue May 06, 2008 6:41 pm

It's waaaaarrm here! *Romps* Walked around campus and hurt my feet because I was wearing boots and thaaat was a bad idea. :P

Happy spring! :clap:

Heya Skuld!
Last edited by GwenElf on Wed May 07, 2008 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Arwenelf » Wed May 07, 2008 9:33 am

Good job Sil! *Bad boots*

Its fairly warm here today--though, its supposed to storm which is bad. I am going on a dinner cruise at Niagra Falls for my senior class trip, and we are going to be able to walk around a couple of hours this afternoon...I really hope I don't get soaked.

Skuld- That's great :)
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby Arwenelf » Mon May 12, 2008 8:10 pm

I am back in MI and no longer a college student :)
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby oldtoby » Wed May 14, 2008 3:13 pm

You do sound smarter :wink:
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Arwenelf » Fri May 16, 2008 4:33 pm

:D I knew it!
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby GwenElf » Sun May 25, 2008 2:02 pm

:clap: Very belated congratumalations!! :clap:

I am still in Michigan and am still a college student. Yaayyy... :P
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Arwenelf » Mon May 26, 2008 6:01 pm

Thanks Sil :) Yay for being a college student and not having to pay loans back yet!!

I just got back from Chicago, and am burnt--like this: :x I went to Medieval times, and Melissa and I were the only ones dressed up, and it was amazing :) And of course the knights were all very good looking. Sadly, my knight died :( Stupid green evil knight. But yup, it was a fun weekend filled with tons of walking.
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby GwenElf » Mon May 26, 2008 6:25 pm

Yay! :clap: Now, why were you in Chicago at all? Not that anyone really needs an excuse, but... :P
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Arwenelf » Wed May 28, 2008 2:47 pm

Well, originally it was supposed to be a present to me for being Melissa's maid of honour...but she isn't technically engaged so ya...I think it was just a fun weekend type thing.

So, Darly Harvey (I don't know if you remember him or not, he was the pastor of the church that we had bacchaloreate at, and his wife taught 7th grade science) but EI...Ruby isn't sure when he is supposed to take over, but it could be in a couple of weeks or so.

I got a job at For-Mar nature preserve...not sure if I will like it or not. I am in charge of 4-6yr olds with their nature program (its called for-mar on the road). I dont think it would be so bad if they gave me a curriculum, but I have to come up with my own. And I hate kids, what do I do with pre-schoolers?!?! I think it would be more benefitial if I had older kids (at least if I was to be a future naturalist)...but yah..its a summer job.
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby GwenElf » Wed May 28, 2008 3:10 pm

Think of it this way--even if you hate it, you'll at least have something environmental to put on your resume! Congrats on getting a job! :clap:

And yay-but-not-yay for EI being sold. My mom remembers Daryl, and Jean and Julie remember Mrs. Harvey. That's gotta be a big weight off of Ruby's shoulders, at least. Lemme know when you find out how soon he'll be taking over--I'd really like to get over there and see Ruby and Robert, but with gas prices the way they are, it's about a $40 trip just to get to Flushing and back. Bah.

He's planning on keeping it as a coffee shop, right? Mom thought he could buy the place next door (or on either side) and turn it into a youth-group hangout place.. sounds cool to me. :D
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Arwenelf » Thu May 29, 2008 10:02 am

Yes, that is very true! And it is money (albeit not much).

Daryl hasn't come in for a while, he went on a canyoning trip with his sons about a week ago, so Ruby isn't entirely sure. She said it could be as little as two weeks away. Well, if you come you are more than welcome to stay at my house to make it a little more worth it :) I have a mattress you could sleep on (one of the joys of Erik moving out..and me getting his bathroom). I start next wednesday, and it looks like I will be working everyday, including Saturdays (which is partly up to me, it depends on how my lesson plans are coming). But yah, just let me know and I'll see if I can get a day, or part of a day off. It would be great to see you.

And Daryl resigned from the church (I don't know the details..I think its something about not enought energy left to fix a lot of the problems in it), but buying the other two sides would be a good idea. They could put a stage in the one side, have sandwiches and what not, ect. My dad is hoping he will let us use EI for our Tuesday night young adult group...Ruby was lettings us, then they got broken into and she freaked out so she wouldn't let us anymore.
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby GwenElf » Thu May 29, 2008 10:15 am

If he resigned as pastor of the church, what's he doing for a living? Not like it's any of my business, I just don't want to see EI go under again. Wonder what his plans for it are...
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Arwenelf » Thu May 29, 2008 1:47 pm

Yah, I am not really sure. Maybe he will "retire" or something, and just do EI. *Shrugs*. As far as I know, he isn't planning on changing too much of it.
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby GwenElf » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:16 am

So, my mom sent you a graduation card from the family, and didn't give me a chance to write a long, inspiring note.. so... long inspiring note forthcoming! Eventually. When I feel inspiring. :D

How 'bout that great weather we're having here, people?!?!?! :shock:
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Arwenelf » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:47 pm

Oh yes, I got it :) IT was very nice--thank you Allen family :)
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby Arwenelf » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:49 pm

Eve- So, I am pretty sure I can go to Cedar Point with you. I requested the 11-12 off, and I just need an ok from my boss.
Arwenelf
Ranger of the North

Postby GwenElf » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:53 pm

Hey Nen, can you confirm that EI will be open next weekend (the 20-22) and what the hours will be? Thanks!

Edit: Never mind; called Ruby. We're heading to Flushing on Friday afternoon; I'll probably have them dump me at EI either before or after we check into our hotel.. will keep you posted when I know more. I tell ya, my family's overall organization skills are nil. :P
GwenElf
Ringbearer

PreviousNext

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth