Home Alone 2 - HELLLLLOOOOO

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Postby heliona » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:30 am

Gah! Don't say that Christmas is next Friday! :shock:

We haven't got a tree yet, and I'm not sure when we'll be able to get one! It may be to be first thing on Saturday morning, right after my night shift, but Hobbituk is coming to visit, so we'd have to be sharp about getting it up and decorated before he arrives!

I also haven't even finished writing my Christmas cards, let alone posted them. I have done some Christmas present shopping, though. I still feel very disorganised!
Image<-- Merry Christmas!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief!

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby rwhen » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:34 am

Ah, you will get it all accomplished, heliona. AND a visit by Hobbi? Sweet, I bet you all have a great time. :D I said on the other thread, but be sure to check your PM mail. ;)

And I SHOULD have my cards out tomorrow, if my car is fixed today and it should be. :D

Sorry to those overseas, they will be a tad late, I am afraid.

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby heliona » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:55 am

Hmm, well, I've just looked at the weather forecast for my area and we are forecast light snow tomorrow with a maximum temperature of 1 C and then on Friday it is bright sunshine, with a maximum of -1 C and on Saturday we are meant to have heavy snow. Eek! I know that sounds absolutely nothing to those who are being hit by lots and lots of snow in the US, and of course to Scribbles that would sound like heaven, but over here, we are wimps when it comes to snow. The country grinds to halt over a couple of inches. So depending on how much we get and what the roads are like, Hobbituk may have to change his plans.

I just hope the snow falls after I get home from work on Saturday morning! :D Although luckily I am on motorways for almost all the way, which will be clear and gritted.

Will toddle off to check my PM now. :)

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona

Postby rwhen » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:19 am

Thanks for Toddling. :D

How far is Hobbi from you now? I know he moved back to England not that long ago, hopefully you are not too far from each other.

Here they called for snow too, but it never happened. Hopefully yours will hold off until Christmas eve. That is when I would love to see an inch or two of snow.

Other than that, I wouldn't mind if it NEVER snowed. :D

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby heliona » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:30 am

rwhen wrote:How far is Hobbi from you now? I know he moved back to England not that long ago, hopefully you are not too far from each other.

Well, he's not too far as the crow (or crebain ;)) flies, but the roads are all quite minor, so it's probably an hour's drive. Unless he takes public transport, which could take forever! :lol:

Here they called for snow too, but it never happened. Hopefully yours will hold off until Christmas eve. That is when I would love to see an inch or two of snow.

Oh no, it has to be done by Christmas Eve! I'm working on Christmas Eve. And going over to Wilko's dad's on Christmas Day, so I have to be able to drive. Also, I'm working Boxing Day as well. So no snow then, although I've love it if there was little dusting - enough to look pretty but not enough to affect my driving! :D

[Edited for typo that made the post not make sense!]
Last edited by heliona on Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

heliona

Postby rwhen » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:51 am

LOL. Well then I do hope that you have the weather you want to have. I think we agree, that what I call "pretty snow" is what we would want. :D

I DO hope that Hobbi makes it and give him a howdy and hug from me. :D

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby heliona » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:55 am

Oops! Not a double post, but accidentally pressing "quoted reply" instead of "edit" on my previous post. :blush:

Move along, move along! Nothing to see here! ;)

Cancel that! I'm now replying to rwhen! :D

Yes, I hope Hobbi makes it, and I will do. :)

heliona

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:17 am

I think that to watch it snow on Christmas eve night as everyone settles in for a warm drink and quiet time that it should be beautiful to watch so very heart warming. But if it does nothing more and then goes away the next day that is even better.

Ours is gone now and the wind is blowing. We definitely got the warming trend they spoke of and I like it. Okay I saw it snow and it was pretty now where the hell is Spring????

Good morning, afternoon, evening Ladies and gents!!!!!

Basilly One I am glad you got the card hon!!! :hug:
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby heliona » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:20 am

Vanaladiel wrote:I think that to watch it snow on Christmas eve night as everyone settles in for a warm drink and quiet time that it should be beautiful to watch so very heart warming. But if it does nothing more and then goes away the next day that is even better.

Ours is gone now and the wind is blowing. We definitely got the warming trend they spoke of and I like it. Okay I saw it snow and it was pretty now where the hell is Spring????

Yes, that would be perfect. :) In fact, I don't mind if most of Boxing Day is snowy, just as long as I can drive to work in the afternoon. :)

And spring is a long way off here - we've not even got into winter proper over here yet. :D;)

heliona

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:59 am

Pssttt.... Christmas is Friday of next week! :twisted: I just had to say that cause you said
Gah! Don't say that Christmas is next Friday! :shock:

:P It isn't next Friday cause that is the day after tomorrow but the following Friday and yes it has creeped up on us very quickly hasn't it!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:01 pm

That's creeping me out, how it creeps up on us!

:P

Yeah, slow news day.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby rwhen » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:13 pm

THIS Friday is THIS Friday, NEXT Friday is Christmas. :P :D

Yeah, it is coming all too fast for me too. Then again, I am off for quite a bit after that, so okay...

COME ON CHRISTMAS!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Cock-Robin » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:16 pm

So soon, and I haven't watched all my Christmas videos yet. :( I'd better get busy.

the doomed bird

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:17 pm

I do get the day itself off. Several of my coworkers have to come in that night and put Saturday's paper together. I have to do the same thing on New Year's Day. We also only have to work three hours on Christmas eve, but get to count the whole day. :)

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby Cock-Robin » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:27 pm

I have to work a 12 hour shift on Christmas Eve, from 8:30 am to 8:00 PM. I don't look forward to it with all the last-minute shoppers.

the doomed bird

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby rwhen » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:33 pm

CR, is Wally World closed on Christmas day? 12 hour shift on the Eve. That is a bear to work, isn't it. And then you have the after Christmas sales to get through. Just keep thinking..."first of the year.....first of the year" and hopefully things will normalize again by then. :D

Iris, working at a newspaper, well someone has to get it out, don't they. So it sounds as if your schedule isn't too bad then.

This company goes into "shut down" from Christmas eve afternoon until the day after New Years. I will have the phones forwarded to me on my cell, so I still have to take calls. But mostly, people are okay with it. Many companies like ours do the same thing. We will send a tech out if a system is down, meaning can't get calls in or out. But, "I can't get to my voicemail" will have to wait until after New Years.

This is my 4th Christmas with the company and I have yet to have the entire time off without having to come in for something. So we shall see.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:38 pm

I have to work on Christmas Eve and on Christmas day. NO the store is not open on Christmas but the sweet little critters must be fed that day too so I volunteered to go in and do it so that others can spend their time with family. I guess one other employee will come in and help me so that we are only here and hour to 1 1/2 hours max. But I will be paid for the entire day!! :thumbsup: Though I do have to work the day after too. :roll: Oh well.

How many hours a week do you work CR? It seems they work you some very long hours but I thought that Wally World hated paying overtime. In fact I thought that the registers shut one out after just 8 hours of being logged on??
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Cock-Robin » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:42 pm

Well, they have ways of getting round it, especially when I was originally scheduled until 6, but they wanted to stay open until 8 because K-Mart was open until then. No, they're not open on Christmas...yet. Maybe in a couple of years the way the talk is going.

the doomed bird

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby SilverScribe » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:46 pm

rwhen wrote: NEXT Friday is Christmas. :P :D ..... Then again, I am off for quite a bit after that, so okay...

Me too! :D But the trick is gonna be getting everything done before the Day . . . although having next week off is going to help. ;) :D

Vana, we are holding Spring hostage up here for now. ;) Woke up to a much more tolerable -16C (with a -21C windchill but meh.) It's a fairly lovely, sunny -14C out there now, with a promised high of -11C for this afternoon, and only -8C for overnight! Now THAT'S more like it . . . ;) We're looking at 0C for tomorrow and then more seasonal but definitely more normal temps for the next week . . . between -5C and -9C for the days, and -12C to -20C for the nights. *whew* I hope the next cold snap isn't until . . . well just isn't. :P:D

Tomorrow is our Feast of Nations Pot Luck Lunch here at work. Judging from the list posted on the fridge in our little office kitchen, I'm going to need a SEVERE diet regimen come Boxing Day . . . :roll:

Edited to add: Vana, that is very sweet and generous of you to volunteer, (aside from getting paid for an entire day). I'm sure the other employees are happy that they'll get some uninterrupted time on the Holiday.

CR, I feel your pain, and let's hope that being open on Christmas Day is a loooooong way away . . . *crosses everything but eyes* ;)

:D:D:D

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
Fur meine Mutter . . . Sie sind für immer in meinem Herzen . . .

A song for our Fallen, but not Forgotten . . . Galadriel's Lament
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:50 pm

Yes I hear ya Scribbles dear. We have a much more temperate climate right now too. The cold spell is gone and I hope it stays gone for a long while. I don't need a white Christmas myself. I will do fine without any more snow EVER!! The mountains are close enough that if I want to go visit the snow I can go there. :P
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby rwhen » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:11 pm

Scribbles, you are off until the day after New Years too? *dances a jig* And I too have much to have completed before I leave. I have to close the whole year and set up for the new year BEFORE I leave next Thursday, or I will be here during the time off doing the set ups.

Vanadarlin', you are a real sport for feeding and caring for the animals during Christmas day, it will make your heart warm to do it, they need ya.

CR, hopefully they NEVER open for Christmas Day. I mean really, if you haven't done your shopping by then, TOUGH. If K-Mart stays closed, then you folks just might too. :D

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:15 pm

Well we are out the door for a bit to do some of the running so will be back later and hopefully before Rwhen is gone for the day otherwise I might be on tomorrow morning before work. :D :hug:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby rwhen » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:16 pm

Okay my dear friend. 143, stay dry. :hug: and at the latest, see you tomorrow morning. :D Laters.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Cock-Robin » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:26 pm

Let's hope they do, because I don't want to work Christmas of all days. It's bad enough that most put off shopping till Christmas Eve. Remember that movie by Arnold Swarznegger called Jingle All The Way? Where he put off till the last minute to get a hot item toy when everybody knows it would be sold out weeks before Christmas Eve.

the doomed bird

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby rwhen » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:43 pm

That was a funny movie, CR. I haven't seen it in a long time. But yeah, some people do wait for Christmas Eve to shop. Maybe they think that is the best bargain, last minute. Who knows.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:24 pm

I know it is about time for you to go Rwhen dear but I am so glad we got to chat today!! :hug: :rose: 143 SSOTH!!!!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Cock-Robin » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:52 pm

Yes, I'll see you tomorrow, Rwhen. You have a good night.

the doomed bird

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:01 pm

Have you had a good day off CR??

I got my shot and Ryan got to do the nasal spray injection thing for the H1N1.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Cock-Robin » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:44 pm

Ah, yes, I had a good and profitable day off. Got my H1N1 shot, found out I didn't have to have my car serviced yet, and did laundry. Put on the George C. Scott version of A Christmas Carol. good as always.

Did you and Guru have a good day? I have a big hook for him in my last post on MK if he wishes to take it. :D

the doomed bird

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:48 pm

Yes we had a good day. Ryan figured out that I did not need new tires on the truck they just need to be rotated. We got our H1N1 shots, went by and set the appointment for getting the car fixed in January, paid bills, had lunch out and am doing laundry now. :thumbsup:

Do you work again tomorrow? I have to work at 11am tomorrow.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive