HHEEELLLLOOOOOO - The Home Alone Thread Again

Find within old venerable threads locked for size reasons. Threads within may be from any category or forum outside of Adoptions and Fandom. This forum is Read-Only.

Re: HHEEELLLLOOOOOO - The Home Alone Thread Again

Postby Swordsman_Of_The_Tower » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:23 pm

RobertEvert wrote:
Swordsman_Of_The_Tower wrote:
If you need help with any of that I might be able to help you out. I've done it a teeny tiny bit.

Oh god, thanks!! I'm all ears if you have any suggestions. I have no idea what I'm doing!

Do you have a personal Facebook account? If so, you can also make a "page" for your book. You can even pay to promote it. If not, it's really pretty easy.

Do you use Google? Google Blogs is available. There are also a LOT of other free blog hosts. You could even go the website route, though it requires money and knowing how to make one.

Is your E-Book gonna be on Amazon? Who is your publisher etc?

Twitter might be harder, it's weird.
Swordsman_Of_The_Tower
Ranger of the North

Postby RobertEvert » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:02 pm

The book will be available through Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Audible.com...

My wife is setting up a website. So that'll be fine.

But I can't make heads or tails of Blogger. But I freely admit I'm an idiot.

I have a FB account. But I haven't done anything with it yet.

I have a professional photographer coming tomorrow to take the publicity shots. Hopefully she can make me look good looking and competent. :roll:
RobertEvert
Shield Bearer

Postby Swordsman_Of_The_Tower » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:09 pm

RobertEvert wrote:The book will be available through Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Audible.com...

My wife is setting up a website. So that'll be fine.

But I can't make heads or tails of Blogger. But I freely admit I'm an idiot.

I have a FB account. But I haven't done anything with it yet.

I have a professional photographer coming tomorrow to take the publicity shots. Hopefully she can make me look good looking and competent. :roll:

I'd stick with Facebook for now, the blog may not really be useful with a website and a Facebook page.

There is a tab on the side under "pages" and "Create a page" you can make one for the book, it should be pretty straightforward
Swordsman_Of_The_Tower
Ranger of the North

Postby Kaya » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:59 pm

It's just a fly-by, because I'm on my way to bed...

No spoilers from me, I promise. But I just need to be able to tell how much I loved it, and where better place than on TORC. :) I want to see the rest of it NOW!! :D :D
And I am already secretly hoping for another mega-moot in two years, too. :angel:
Also writing Arunakhôr, Elenya Elemmirë, Bréhon, Berhelf, Heldred, Kos el-Qadah and Elengurth.

The Dúnedain of the North: The Drake Hunt

A Tale or Two

On a writing adventure with Jaeniver in Scriptorium: Crossroads

Proud member of the Class of '02

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Art by Lane Brown
Kaya
Dúnadaneth

Postby Swordsman_Of_The_Tower » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:23 pm

kaya wrote:It's just a fly-by, because I'm on my way to bed...

No spoilers from me, I promise. But I just need to be able to tell how much I loved it, and where better place than on TORC. :) I want to see the rest of it NOW!! :D :D
And I am already secretly hoping for another mega-moot in two years, too. :angel:

Curse you and your having seen it!!! :D

Oh well, it will be Friday morning before I know it.................
Swordsman_Of_The_Tower
Ranger of the North

Postby Ashke Verasca » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:53 pm

I woke up early and didn't get into sleep again just to decorate Christmas tree :lol: I must be in REALLY Christmas mood today...
Ashke Verasca
Shield Bearer

Postby Linteannaiel » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:54 am

*pops in* :whistle:

This is just a flyby, as well.. I'm also on my way to bed! :zzz:

I second Vana.. no spoilers, please!! I'm excited because we're either going to see it on Saturday, in the afternoon (which happens to be on Nicole's Birthday), or on Monday or Tuesday (which I would prefer, because if we go on Saturday, it's bound to be much more crowded, and if we go on Monday or Tuesday, we can go to one of the later matinees in the evening, which I like better). Either way, I can't wait!! :D

In other news, I finally bought my Christmas cards today, so I'll be sending them out soon.. and tonight we finally got our Christmas tree decorated! We still have about one third of the ornaments to go, but we should be finished soon. We had a tree decorating party with the girls last Friday, but we ran out of lights toward the top of the tree, so we had to go out and get more the next day, and I didn't finish putting those up until last night, since I've been so busy shopping, cleaning, having company over, and working.. but once the tree is finished, our apartment will be all decorated for Christmas. ;) :D :heart:

Okay, time for bed.. hope you're all doing well! G'night! :grouphug:
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby GwenElf » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:54 am

kaya wrote:And I am already secretly hoping for another mega-moot in two years, too. :angel:

Jonathan told me we could have another Gathering...if I organized it. I said, OKAY, SIGN ME UP! :D

Hobbit Hobbit Hobbit Hobbit Hobbit Hobbit Hobbit!!! *Bounces around the room, singing excitedly.* I stopped at some woods on the edge of a cemetery last night and found myself a walking stick, so my Hobbit costume is ready for the midnight showing!

:hihi: Robert! I remember your old screen name. Congrats on the upcoming publication -- I will head over to the Script and look at your blurbs! Also, as someone who has a Facebook "page" as well as a personal FB account, I can say they're really handy -- you can access your page and make changes to it directly from your personal account without having to sign in and out of multiple accounts. So starting a "page" for yourself as an author, or for your book, is a great idea.

[/bounce-by post]
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:23 am

HHHEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOO the house!!!

Thursday....one sleep until the Friday jig begins and the start to THE weekend where I will get to finally see this movie. It seems that all reports from Tolkien friends are exceedingly positive!! Nothing to the negative and no spoilers have been given away, even in The Hobbit forum here on TORC. Alatar gives a stunning point of view without giving anything away. I has made me chomping at the bit to get there now. I looked for IMAX theaters and the only one close to me is in Portland at the Clackamas Town Mall....erm....I don't think so. So the theater up in Battle Ground in regular 3D will do.

So everyone except kaya...:D When are you planning to see THE movie???

EDMUND!!! How very kind you are. I looked yesterday just for a short bit, but I will find the old writing thread and see if I can help on the blurb. It was great then, I am sure it is awesome now that you have it in book form. :D And If it is available on Amazon and such, it will get promoted through our FB network. Are you Robert Evert there? I will look for you today and "friend" you there. Easier to talk and say what you want to say. Purpose of the thread? I thinks someone answered it already, but one day I came to TORC and I was the only sole on. Not just in the Talk forum, but the whole of the website. It made me feel like that kid in the movie Home Alone. I wanted to run through the halls yelling and jumping on beds and breaking things...thus the HELLO thread. From there (5 years ago now) it is pretty much a place to gather and say HELLLLOOOOO!!!

Vanadarlin', great to finally have some time to chat up a bit yesterday. Sorry for some of the delays, they happen when work calls. :D But I know that the next 5 days you are going to be flat out working. Hang in there. You should read Alatars thread in The Hobbit forum for a really excellent NOT review of the movie. Wonderful. One week isn't too bad...you can wait until then. I am hoping the next 4 go fast and smooth for you and you enjoy your day off on Sunday with Guru. 143 :hug:

rowan!!!! Now you are really on it. Done with Thursday and now a sleep away from Friday and your weekend. You are right, Christmas is a busy time. When are you planning to see the movie? Have a lovely evening.

DUBSIES!!!!! :D I WANNA SEE THE HOBBIT TOO...and my patience has been worn thin as well. It is tonight for many people in the US...On the mother. One thing about mom's, they are yours for life. Honestly when my mother gave me advice even into my late 30's...I looked at her like she was the teacher in Charlie Brown...wha wha wha...it went in one and out the other while I smiled and said thanks...it is one way to learn to eat pooh with a knife and fork and actually pretend you like it. Unless your mother is really being hurtful, not just insensitive....I am never one to disrespect an elder, ever. And in fact I might use this platform to say that I think many younger folks are not taught this as I was. At the end of the day I don't think she is trying to hurt you, but in her very backwards way trying to be helpful. Are you by chance the "baby" of the family? I am sorry, my advice is probably not what you wanted to hear...so when you read it pretend I am the teacher in Charlie Brown...wha wha wha...:D I love ya. :hug:

SHIMMER.....oh you have to wait until Christmas Day to see the movie? Torture!! :D :hug: Did you get the bookcase up and out and ready for the TV last night? I am looking for shelving for my books at the moment...they have been in boxes for WAY too long...I have my eyeballs on 8 at the moment..:D All small ones, so I will probably get three or so of them. I got them off Craigslist for nothing almost. Cheers to you and the wee one and the new place and jobs.

Hi Lewie!!! You are seeing the movie tomorrow? Okay, I will do my best NOT to hate you...much. :P It is okay, I am not on the weekends so I will have seen it when I return here on Monday. :D Where are you working these days? I know I read library in the past...and then some retail..now I don't know. :D

kaya...GAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH you little rascal!!!! You have seen IT. I am pea green with jealously...yes I am Scarlette O'Hara and then some!!!!! Is there talk of a Mega Moot in two years somewhere that I need to be checking out?????? :D Actually very happy for you and I can't wait to hash it out in the proper forum so we don't ruin it for others. :D

WELCOME Ashke Verasca!!! Happy Christmas mood and welcome on the HELLO thread, pull up a comfortable chair and make yourself at home. Can you tell us anything about yourself so we can know you a bit better? Where are you from? When are you going to see The Hobbit? I hope you will stick around!! :D

Lin!!!!! You have been a naughty lady!! Sneaksies off and not returns...I am getting out my CHristmas Cards for those in the US today...the overseas ones got out over a week ago. I have all the envelopes addressed (to me that is the hardest part) and now just need to do the cards, stuff and send off. YAY on getting the tree decorated. I hope that you had a great nights sleep. *yawn* :hug:

Sil...almost posted and forgot ya...that can't happen. :D YOu bounced around a cemetery last night???? :whistle: You are brave indeed my little hobbit lass. But you are going to see the movie tonight when it opens...YAY for you!!! Jonathan as in Jonathan the site owner told you to organize a super moot....or gave permission???? I am ready to help out if I can. Just point the way to the starter thread.

bbbbbbbbaaaaaassssssssssssssssssiiiiiiilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

SCRIBBLES!!!! What did Canada explode or something? :P

Rosie lass!!

SHOUT OUT: Luthy :hug:, CR, Calma, Tooks, Frelga lady, heliona, Jae, RUNZIES, TYGGIES, portia, eliana, Tarina, sabbwong, Ladykat, P darlin' J, IRIS, Lanastus, Silverberry, Erinhue, Efff Teee, Alex, oldtoby, Bilbo25, Guru and Parm.

vison

:hihi:

and

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Yes Ayslhyn, I do still remember.

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby RobertEvert » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:34 am

rwhen wrote:
EDMUND!!! How very kind you are. I looked yesterday just for a short bit, but I will find the old writing thread and see if I can help on the blurb. It was great then, I am sure it is awesome now that you have it in book form. :D And If it is available on Amazon and such, it will get promoted through our FB network. Are you Robert Evert there? I will look for you today and "friend" you there. Easier to talk and say what you want to say. Purpose of the thread? I thinks someone answered it already, but one day I came to TORC and I was the only sole on. Not just in the Talk forum, but the whole of the website. It made me feel like that kid in the movie Home Alone. I wanted to run through the halls yelling and jumping on beds and breaking things...thus the HELLO thread. From there (5 years ago now) it is pretty much a place to gather and say HELLLLOOOOO!!!

Yes, it'll be on Amazon. Published under "Robert Evert." I'll have my FB, blog, website, and twitter accounts up and running by then...hopefully. But don't worry about promoting it. I'd love it, of course. But first see if you like it. It could suck!!

HELLO!!!!
RobertEvert
Shield Bearer

Postby rwhen » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:27 am

LOL...I certainly doubt it. I have read enough of your other works to know what you are capable of. I am already a fan. I can't tell you how great it is to see you back again!! When will you see the movie?

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Dubatuluk » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:48 am

rwhen, she's my mother in law, not my mother. I have almost the classic not-good-enough for my boy one, almost :P she's a real piece of work. Alos, THE HOBBIT IS ALMOST HERE! :D hee. Not sure when, hopefully in the next few days. It's been my MOVIE of the YEAR. As in, it's too dang expensive to see movies in theater anymore so I've been saving myself for this one. Although we did take the Princess to see Rise of the Guardians since we hadn't taken her to one since Brave. Very worth it if you ever get a chance. *nods*

Vana, I agree, but I do still have to deal with her on a daily basis, also, she's the one who watches my kids. :|

So...how about that sudden change over to WINTER? It's so dang cold out anymore I don't know what to do with myself.
Dubatuluk
Ranger of the North

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:23 am

Just popping into say I haven't left, just busy. Spent all day yesterday in Altoona, mostly at the doctor and at Barnes and Noble. :D

Some days are grumpier than others...

For Calma :rose:
For Cock-Robin :rose:
For Toby :rose:

May we never forget them. :rose:

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby sabbwong » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:49 pm

HELLOOOOOOO!!!!!!

So I won't give any hobbity things away except for that Kili, Fili and Thorin are all very attractive dwarves. And the cinematography is stunning 8) What I've been telling friends and family that haven't seen it yet is that the many reviews I read when mushed together in my mind all made a very accurate analysis of the movie :wink:
rwhen: I did see it in 3D and it was actually really excellent I usually hate 3D movies and can't get through them without a terrible headache but this actually added to the overall effect in my opinion (maybe a product of the 48 something-per-second?) and now I have a snazzy pair of french 3D glasses 8)

hope everyone gets time to see it soon!! It's CRAZY to me that it's coming out in 35 countries within a week or so that's incredible!!! We're having to wait until FEBRUARY for Les Miserables even though it's coming out in Dec in USA :(

GwenElf send a pic of your costume!!!!! I so wanted to dress up but didn't want to be the only one in the theater dressed and the people in this city here think they're too cool to be dressing like hobbits :(

Dubs: I hope you get to see the movie soon! I don't know you MIL or too much about the situation but my advice for naysayers is to know that you choosing to do what will make you happy is a good thing and if this is something you truly believe will be good for you and your family then you should go for it and do your best to ignore the negative influence :) In my experience, people that want to bring others down usually have a problem with themselves or their own lives and it's best to disregard the negative energy as much as possible :)

Robert congratulations on your publication!!! That's wonderful for you, I'll go check out the Script page!

now to search for a hobbit thread in which spoilers are allowed...most of my friends here that have seen it haven't read the book so I want readers' thoughts! toodlooooo!
sabbwong
Shield Bearer

Postby Kaya » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:51 pm

rwhen wrote:kaya...GAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH you little rascal!!!! You have seen IT. I am pea green with jealously...yes I am Scarlette O'Hara and then some!!!!! Is there talk of a Mega Moot in two years somewhere that I need to be checking out?????? :D Actually very happy for you and I can't wait to hash it out in the proper forum so we don't ruin it for others. :D

Concerning a mega moot, not that I know of, but I would be so happy would something like that take place again. :) Especially since I didn't make it to the previous one.
I'll be looking into the movies forum soon to discuss the spoilery bits! :D

Hello Ashke Verasca, good to see you here. :hihi:

I'm off to bed. It's the last day of the course already tomorrow, so in about 24 hours I'll be sleeping in my own bed again. :D
But for now, night y'all from beautiful Holland where it's mighty cold at the moment! :hihi: :sleep:
Also writing Arunakhôr, Elenya Elemmirë, Bréhon, Berhelf, Heldred, Kos el-Qadah and Elengurth.

A Tale or Two

Art by Lane Brown
Kaya
Dúnadaneth

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:01 pm

I now know why our world is in the state it is in. Idiots. They're all IDIOTS! :x

My husband and I sold a printer on eBay at the end of October, shipped it the beginning of November. Almost as soon as he paid, (and he took his good old time with that) he stopped communicating. I sent messages saying it was being shipped, asking if it had arrived, etc. Nothing.

Today I find he filed a claim against me because he never got the item. *scratches head* After some extensive investigating on the part of my postmaster, we found that not only had the package arrived at his post office 7 days after being shipped, they tried to deliver it. He never responded to them either. So it's been sitting at his post office for a month. :roll:

Meanwhile, I got a letter from my doctor saying that I owe them for the removal of moles because my insurance company at that time has no idea who I am. :roll: The procedure was Oct. 31. On Nov. 1 my employer switched insurance companies, but the contract had the first company insuring us up to and including the last day. So guess what I get to do tomorrow? :roll:

They're all IDIOTS.

/rant

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck

Postby Ladykat » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:32 pm

HEEELLLLOOOOOOOOOOO!! I'M BAAA-AACK! :D

Iris---yes, insurance companies are all idiots. I know, I deal with them almost every day. The date the procedure was done should be the date of service on the claim the doctor's office submitted, and if you were still covered on your insurance on that date, then there shouldn't be a problem. Yeah, I know.SHOULDN'T be but there IS. As I said, I know insurance companies.

rwhen----as to what's happening in my neck of the woods---Well, I just came back to TORC after more than two year absence. Wasn't intending to stay away that long, wasn't intending to stay away at all, but RL just got real busy and confusing there for a while. What happened was, a friend of mine came to stay with me. She lost her job, lost almost everything she owned in a fire, and was looking at living out of her car. I have an extra bedroom in my apartment, so I told her to come and stay with me. So she came, with all of her kitties. This was in 04 or 05. Neither one of us expected it to be permanent, she was going to get a job, get her own place, and generally get back on her feet. Things didn't quite work out that way. In March of 2010 her health started failing badly. Her diabetes was out of control, she had CHF and several other problems. She went into the hospital and didn't come home until September, and only because she insisted they discharge her. I don't know if she knew she didn't have much longer to live and wanted to see her cats one last time, or if she just couldn't stand being in the nursing home anymore. She was only home for three weeks before she passed away. Without realizing it, I had gotten so exhausted from trying to be there and help her as much a s possible, work a full time job, and take care of things at home....well, I got sick myself. It took me at least a month to recover. A month in which I had no income, as my job does not have sick days, let alone short term disability.

So briefly (or not so briefly) that's whats been going on with me. I've been off and on looking for another job, without much luck. But I keep trying. I have to, I have a whole lot more little mouths to feed now since I inherited my friend's cats. :)

:hihi: Tarina!

LK
Ladykat
Between the Worlds of Men and Make Believe I Can be Found

Postby RobertEvert » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:57 pm

Hello everybody....

I'm so pissed. We have this old house behind our house. It used to be a general store back in the early 1900s. We've been renovating it for the past five years. It was a real pit, but now...at least on the outside, it looks great.

It has these two big picture windows in front, the kind you'd see in a store...five feet by five feet.

Some ass shot their b=b gun at it. Two holes through a $600 window. Honestly, I don't understand people. I really don't.
RobertEvert
Shield Bearer

Postby Cock-Robin » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:26 pm

Well, it's so busy where I am, I'm going to have to hold off seeing The Hobbit until after new years.

Happy New Year!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Linteannaiel » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:16 pm

Hellooooo again...

I had a very upsetting start to my day.. as James and I were leaving for work, I decided to open the blinds and the screen door a bit to let in some fresh air for the Christmas tree, when I noticed the view was very different. Where we once had a gorgeous tree (some type of pine tree, not exactly sure which), with branches that leaned over our balcony ever so slightly, and shielded our apartment from the neighbors' view (not to mention our view of the neighbors' apartments), and could also be seen through the second bedroom window, there was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Those ORCS chopped down our beautiful tree! :evil: I am so angry and sad, and we are both mourning the loss of our tree. We think they chopped it down because they were worried that it was growing too close to the building, since it was a large tree with lots of branches.. but I think they could have just trimmed a few of the branches and it would have been fine. And why they had to chop it down before Christmas is beyond me.. what a lovely Christmas present. They didn't even give us notice that they were doing it, which makes no sense, since they obviously went up on our balcony to accomplish their mission. We also had Christmas lights draped on a few of the branches, which they threw back onto our patio. I sincerely hope they plant a new tree, and soon.. but James doesn't think they will. I really miss having a tree, and I hate seeing a big empty space when I look out the window, and now we can see right into the windows of the apartments across from us, which means they can probably see right into our windows too. :|

/rant :angry:

In other news, our plans for The Hobbit have changed, and we won't be seeing it on Saturday (which is a bit of a relief, even though I'm really excited to see it.. I just don't like huge crowds). We still need to figure out a day that will work for everyone, with all the different schedules, so I'm not sure when we'll be going, but hopefully it will be next week. Tomorrow night we're going to see a local performance of The Nutcracker for Nicole's Birthday, and on Saturday we're having her party. :D

Rwhen, yes, I was naughty and snuck off for a while, but I returned, and I'm here! ;) :D I still need to get my cards out, I think I'll send them out this weekend. Yes, the tree is decorated, and I did have a great night's sleep.. speaking of, I'm going to head to bed now. Tomorrow is finally Friday! :happydance:

Hope you all have a great Friday! Toodles! :hihi:
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby Ashke Verasca » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:42 pm

It's Friday! What a jolly day!

Linteannaiel, I really am sorry about the tree. Hope it's not loss for forever. I really envy you the Nutcracker, I love that play :)
Ashke Verasca
Shield Bearer

Postby GwenElf » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:14 am

:( The Hobbit was so saaaaadd!!! Everyone died at the end and then--

...oh, wait, no spoilers. Sorry, guys. :blush:
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:20 am

LK: you're a good person. :hug:

Thanks for the info on insurance companies. I'm going to go back and talk to our accounting dept. person in a moment and see what she says and I'll call my doctor office too, then probably call the insurance company. :roll:

We're not going to see the hobbit this weekend. We were going to go Tuesday, but now I have to work. :roll: So...maybe Thursday?

Lin: that's so sad! :hug:

Sil: :nono: :P

IrisBrandybuck

Postby RobertEvert » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:54 am

Hello!

Still having a crappy day. Damn vandals.

Could somebody do me a favor, if you have time? Could you go to http://robertevert.blogspot.com/ and see if my blog comes up. I'm not sure if I've mastered this blog thingie. Sometimes I type it in and it's not there. Sometimes it is. I just wonder if people who aren't me can see it.

Thanks!!
RobertEvert
Shield Bearer

Postby rwhen » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:58 am

HHHEEELLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the house!!!

*friday jig* YA HOOOOOOOO!!!!

It is COLD out there and Tuesday of next week...well below freezing with precip!! So we might see the white stuff before Christmas here in WA State...we will see. At Mt. Hood the snow level is down to 2,000...so at 1,000 you are getting close to the outer part of Portland. On a Tuesday!! Of course. :D But other than that, yesterday was stellar. I had gone to Craigslist and looked for cheap used bookshelves...I found two people who were willing to let me come early (they had advertised weekend garage sales) and look/buy the units. The first place had two for $20...I took both for $15. Dropped them at the flat and took off to the second place which was a large storage unit that was used as an indoor flea market of sorts. Well, I walked in the door and what was staring at me? Two gorgeous large rattan bookshelves/storage units. "NO FAIR!!!" I know those aren't part of the three for $20 that we talked about, but it was too late...I fell in love with them. BUT The good news? I got the three bookshelves AND the two rattan units for $20 SCORE!!! I think I caught him at just the right time. Here are photos of the two rattan ones at my apartment...sorry they are fuzzy.... First one that will have books and other stuff in it in my living room over the slider and second one I am going to use - for now - for linens outside the bathroom. When I get all my books up and in shelves, I will take photos of the other five that I scored yesterday.

So much to reply to...many rants going on yesterday!! :D

EDMUND!!! That sux like an electrolux!! Why do people do things like that? And $600 windows ta boot. I hope that you called the coppers. Even if you didn't see who did it, they may do something similar to someone else and get caught. Some small satisfaction. Was there any insurance that might cover this sort of vandalism?? Sorry. I would be boiling too. Take the weekend to try and get over it. But I can just see the old turn of the century store in my head. I bet it is going to be a jewel when you have it all completed. I will check out your blog if I can get there.....

DUBSIES....ah got it, well - I guess it depends on how the Rohan Man feels about the way she treats you then. You SHOULD be number one in his life and he should always stand by you when the MIL gets too personal or distracting. A simple "Thank you for your thoughts" then turn and play with the baby or do something else. BRAVE was a great movie, I really loved it. But of course...I am ONE sleep to The Hobbit and I am so excited I can barely stand my ownself. I can't wait until the bulk of us have seen it and we can start to talk about it here. :D

Iris. WOW...just WOW. How does someone pay for something and then leave it at the post office for months? Unless that is they way of trying to back out...but if he knew it was at the post office, then your obligation to deliver has been fulfilled. So it makes no sense. I hope that gets sorted eventually. I sent off my Christmas gifts to those out of state on the 4th and my BFF in Arizona has yet to be able to claim hers because they just put notes saying they will try again. But I have been sending her things for years and years using UPS...they always just leave it at the door. There must be a new driver, but this was their last attempt yesterday. Then how long until I get it back and I guess send it standard USPO??? Don't know. I hope you get the insurance thing sorted...it is always something, including...the weekend is upon us. Smile. ((hugs))

sabbwong, thank you for not giving any spoilers away. But it sounds like it was excellent for you. :D I usually have trouble with 3D, but my brother insists that the 48/second/frame thing makes all the difference. I am going to see it in 3D tomorrow. I wonder if I will sleep tonight. :D Le Mis does come out here this month...I think a week from now and it is the second movie I intend on seeing in this year....this is my first trip to the theater since last year. :D You should be able to find something in The Hobbit forum for debate about the movie. :D

kaya....*tosses hugs all the way over to Holland* Are you still on holiday in Holland? I know you don't live there and I too missed the first mega moot in Toronto. It would be awesome to have one again and after The Hobbit is an excellent time do to so. Keep warm and I hope the last day of the course went well. I assume you will travel back home for the holidays again and be off for a good bit.

Ladykat!!! oh my...that is crazy town stuff there. You were so kind to take your friend in after she feel down on her luck. And to care for her and her brood for all those years....only to have her pass like that. That would put me in the sick bed for a month for sure. Also very lovely that you are going to keep all the kitteh's in her memory. I suspect you have become attached at this point too. I am so happy you are back with us at TORC. I too had a two year lay off for many reasons, but have been back since '06 now. I have to post at least ONE time a day :D and more on a good day, work permitting. I hope you find that new job, they are hard on the ground these days, but persistence will pay off. Keep coming here for updates and seeing your friends.

CR...not until after New Years? Are they working you with no days off now? I know this is crazy time from now until New Years there, but they need to give you SOME days off between now and then. Keep strong my friend!! :hug:

Lin!!! Oh I know just how you feel. My kitchen window used to face a line of firs on a fence and on the other side there were the same firs and a garden with tall lovely flowers and bushes. One day I came home, opened up the blinds in the kitchen and all of it was gone. Replaced by a huge hole in the ground on the other side of the fence. Those people have been working on it for two years on the weekends. I am sorry for the beautiful tree and view that you lost. It does suck and it can't be replaced. Even if they planted a new tree...those things take decades to get to any size again. I am so sorry. But good that you will get to see The Nutcracker!! That is a fun show to see live in a local performance. Enjoy it and the weekend. :hug:

Ashke Verasca, so can you tell us a bit about yourself? What you are up to, when will you see the movie? And I IS jolly Friday. Thank you. Have a lovely weekend!!!

*spanks Sil* :nono: Naughty Hobbit lass!! :D But you DID see the movie, so you must be bursting to talk about it? Did you see it in 3D? Was it amazing and I think it will be?????? COME ON....give something up without spoilers. At least you might have enjoyed the limbas while in line? Were the lines/crowd huge and rough?

Vanadarlin', you are on a long work streak. Sending you tons of love and strength to get through this time between now and Christmas. Hope to see you post when you can my SSOTH. 143 :hug:

SCRIBBLES!!!!!!!!!

Rosie lass. :D

basilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly!!!!!! Where is you?????????

SHOUT OUT: Luthy :hug:, Tooks, Calma, Frelga lady, heliona, rowan, SHIMMER, RUNZIES, TYGGIES, P darlin' J, Tarina, eliana, Erinhue, Efff Teee, Lewie, Alex, oldtoby, Jae, portia, Lanastus, Silverberry, Bilbo25, Guru and Parm.

and

HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND EVERYONE!!!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby rwhen » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:11 am

RobertEvert wrote:Hello!

Could somebody do me a favor, if you have time? Could you go to http://robertevert.blogspot.com/ and see if my blog comes up. I'm not sure if I've mastered this blog thingie. Sometimes I type it in and it's not there. Sometimes it is. I just wonder if people who aren't me can see it.

Thanks!!

LOL you neurotic Edmund you. I did read and love your blog...as I wrote in my comment, it didn't make me want to BLOOOOOOG!!!!!

I hope that everyone will click your link and read your blog and comment and encourage others to do so. I salute you on your new journey!!!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby GwenElf » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:20 am

I did actually see the movie! I think I despaired of humanity a little because our theatre was not even full -- it was crowded, but not actually full. We didn't have to wait in line, either; they just let us into the theatre as we arrived, so we got very good seats and then spent the next two hours reading conspiracy theories about Tom Bombadil. :D (Who knew, right?)

Anyway, I loved it!! :heart: It was weird, but seeing the "LOTR" font in the opening credits was what really made me go "Ahhh, back in Middle Earth! *happy sigh*" I think that those who say that PJ could have cut out all the extra stuff and made do with two movies are probably right in the end, but I still enjoyed the additions and thought that overall they did a good job incorporating them into the Hobbit story, although I wonder how people who are new to Middle Earth will take some of the name/place/event-dropping. The opening sequence was just GORGEOUS. Seriously, just... wow.
I saw it in regular old 2D since I cannot see movies (or, as far as I know, real life) in 3D. I'm a little disappointed, since I was really interested in seeing it in HFR, but they're apparently only showing that with 3D. Oh well.
Just took a peek at the TORCer review thread over in Movies, and it looks like a lot of the criticisms people are expressing are the same ones that I felt, although nothing prevented me from thoroughly enjoying the movie anyway. I'll definitely be going to see it again. And maybe again. :whistle:

Robert, that link worked for me!

Edit: I just tried to post, and TORC helpfully let me know that someone else had posted while I was writing this post, and displayed the new post for me to read. :shock: Man, technology these days...
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby RobertEvert » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:51 am

rwhen wrote:
RobertEvert wrote:Hello!

Thanks!!

LOL you neurotic Edmund you. I did read and love your blog...as I wrote in my comment, it didn't make me want to BLOOOOOOG!!!!!

I hope that everyone will click your link and read your blog and comment and encourage others to do so. I salute you on your new journey!!!

Thank, Rwhen. Both for checking to see if the blog was visible and your kind comments.

Although my journey is a bit rocky right now...bad depression day. Plus my wife is ill, so I'm sure she doesn't need to put up with my moodiness.

But tomorrow is another day and all that....
RobertEvert
Shield Bearer

Postby rwhen » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:52 am

Friends of the HELLO thread. Please take a moment today to pause and consider all that we have that is so good. Today an unspeakable tragedy has occurred in Connecticut. So many little voices have been silenced by one act of total selfishness. A town in terror and children who will never forget their friends and teachers who are gone.

If you pray, please do so for the families and the town that is left to deal with this emotional wreckage. Or just send up some light and love their way.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Kaya » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:12 pm

GwenElf wrote::( The Hobbit was so saaaaadd!!! Everyone died at the end and then--

...oh, wait, no spoilers. Sorry, guys. :blush:

I'm sorry, I can't stop laughing. That's so cruel... :roflmbo: =:)

Rwhen, I was in Holland for a course yes. I've just arrived home again - the ride home was horrible. I hate driving in the dark, especially when it rains, and then with the traffic jams all around. The good news is that now I'm officially and totally off work until January 2d. :D I think I'm going to start it with dusting off my atlas of Middle Earth, and my HoME books. I feel the itch to write, and I haven't truly felt it this strong since a very, very long time. ;) :)

LadyKat, good to see you here!! :)

Have a great weekend, and a great Hobbit experience everyone who'll see it soon. So looking forward to talk about it with you all. :yippie: :hihi:

(And I just heard about that shooting on the news - how horrible!)

A Tale or Two

Art by Lane Brown
Kaya
Dúnadaneth

PreviousNext

Return to The Library - General Archive