More TV shows

Come here and discuss your favorite Non-Tolkien movies, TV shows, radio plays, etc.

Re: More TV shows

Postby portia » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:30 pm

Sean Bean is looking quite young in the "Legends" trailers. I will be happy to see him more often.
portia
Ringbearer

Postby Arassuil » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:56 pm

Anybody still watching Vikings?

I know it isn't historically accurate, but I have been quite enjoying it! New season starts!
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Postby Ladykat » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:30 pm

Anyone else watch the (short lived) series Second Chance?

I rather liked it, so of course it got cancelled. :P

LK
Ladykat
Between the Worlds of Men and Make Believe I Can be Found

Postby Ninui » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:30 am

I didn't watch as they ran but binge watched "On Demand". Was pretty good. Too bad it was cancelled. Maybe they'll bring it back a mid summer replacement.
Ninui
Ranger of the North

Postby Ladykat » Tue May 03, 2016 7:22 pm

I watched the new series Houdini and Doyle on Monday.

It was OK, but I'm not sure if I'll continue to watch it. I usually give a new series three or four episodes before I decide.

Anyone else watch it? What did you think?

LK
Ladykat

Houdini and Doyle

Postby prmiller » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:11 pm

Recently I have enjoyed an interesting series featuring Harry Houdini and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle,
working along with Scotland Yard's first female criminal investigator.
The stories were quite engaging.
I hope they inspire other young filmmakers to create some imaginative pairings of
colourful characters of history.
I love the worldI am in...
prmiller
I am Parm: Servant of Eru, Bard of Imladris

Postby hamlet » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:58 am

Have been watching Gotham, Lucifer, and Timeless, all of them mostly guilty pleasures (though Gotham and Timeless seem to be of slightly better quality than usual).

The real thing, though, is Stranger Things on Netflix. Go see it now. No, seriously, drop what you are doing and go watch it. Best TV show EVER. Especially if you were a kid in the 80's.
hamlet
Ringbearer

Postby Ninui » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:57 pm

Have also been watching Lucifer. Enjoy it very much. Been tuning in to Designated Survivor also. Really was on the edge of my seat with last seasons last episode. The Exorsist comes on Friday the 29th.
Ninui
Ranger of the North

Postby Ladykat » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:02 pm

I've been watching the new series The Alienist. Well, the first two episodes that is.

Looks interesting, I'll probably keep watching it, especially as there's nothing else on at that time.

At least nothing that I'm interested in.

LK
Ladykat

Postby Otaku-sempai » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:23 am

Ladykat wrote:I've been watching the new series The Alienist. Well, the first two episodes that is.

Looks interesting, I'll probably keep watching it, especially as there's nothing else on at that time.

At least nothing that I'm interested in.

LK

The Alienist is interesting so far. And Dakota Fanning is reminding me of a young Jodie Foster.

Black Lightning is fast becoming my favorite current show based on a DC Comics character. I've been re-watching the Constantine series on CW Seed; I had forgotten just how good it was (especially for a show that only got one season). I'm getting a kick out of John's continued presence (still portrayed by Matt Ryan) in the Arrowverse; hopefully, the upcoming animated Constantine (also on CW Seed) will provide some closure for the original series.
Last edited by Otaku-sempai on Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Otaku-sempai
Shield Bearer

Postby basil » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:16 am

Ninui wrote:Have also been watching Lucifer. Enjoy it very much.

Me too, partly b/c I got to meet Lesley Ann Brandt at a comiccon our town hosts. And also b/c the stories and seasons have a strong moral center.
Will the Devil ever learn?

The Orville and The Expanse
SyFy did me dirty by ending Dark Matter

b
basil
Mariner

Postby Ninui » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:05 am

I still watch Lucifer. Maze is the best character in the show. Like to see them cut two out of the show or at least strengthen them up and give them something more than fill in the background, (the ex-husband Espinoza and the med examiner). Was a bit disappointed with this season but am hoping they bring it together for the last episodes of the season. Would like to see more of the first season "innocence" next year. Bring back Amenodiel !!
Ninui
Ranger of the North

Postby basil » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:35 pm

My opinion of Ella changed after Pierce/Kane got in her face to shut her up. And she did fine when she and L. went to Vegas for an adventure, and the last episode about her brother and diamonds
I still like each character, even Det. Douche, getting an episode or 2 based on their story.
So far, so good.
Like therapy, ya know?

b
basil
Mariner

Postby Ninui » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:41 pm

Yeah. So far ... A good dose of therapy is good for ones soul. Picks up push pin and stabs oneself in hand ...... :D :shock:
Ninui
Ranger of the North

Postby Ninui » Sun May 13, 2018 7:51 am

b ..... they've cancelled Lucifer. Monday the 14th of May is the last episode we'll see. Thank goodness for complete series on DVD
:cry2:
Ninui
Ranger of the North

Postby Otaku-sempai » Sun May 13, 2018 9:05 am

Ninui wrote:b ..... they've cancelled Lucifer. Monday the 14th of May is the last episode we'll see. Thank goodness for complete series on DVD

I'm waiting to see if someone else picks up Lucifer, maybe The CW much as they adopted Supergirl after it was dropped by CBS. I do understand the cancellation as Lucifer suffered from some missteps in season 3 resulting in a weak season overall.

On another note, I'm waiting to see how DC Entertainment's streaming service, DC Universe, shapes up. There are now four original shows confirmed for it: Titans (live-action); Young Justice: Outsiders (animated); Harley Quinn (animated); and Swamp Thing (live-action; for 2019). There has not been any announcements yet about what other content will be available. DC-related animated material goes back to the Superman theatrical shorts of the 1940s; DC television shows start with the 1966 Batman series with Adam West & Burt Ward; DC-related movies and serials go back to the 1940s (including the original Superman movie, Superman and the Mole Men, from 1951). Sorry, Christopher Reeve, George Reeves beat you to it by twenty-seven years!
Otaku-sempai
Shield Bearer

Postby Ninui » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:05 pm

Ninui wrote:b ..... they've cancelled Lucifer. Monday the 14th of May is the last episode we'll see. Thank goodness for complete series on DVD

b & Otaku-sempai Netflix has picked up Lucifer !!! :D :D . They plan on a possible mid 2019 fourth season !! Snap my fingers and jump for joy .......
Ninui
Ranger of the North

Postby Otaku-sempai » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:50 am

Ninui wrote:b & Otaku-sempai Netflix has picked up Lucifer !!! :D :D . They plan on a possible mid 2019 fourth season !! Snap my fingers and jump for joy .......

Yes, I've read about that. Season 3 ended in an interesting way that could put the series in a new direction. I'm looking forward to see what Netflix does with that.

I see that the DC Universe streaming service plans to debut in August. In addition to the shows previously mentioned, plans have been announced for two more live-action series: Metropolis, a Superman prequel series focusing on Lois Lane and Lex Luthor; and Doom Patrol, to be spun out of Titans. Both shows are expected to premiere in 2019.

Metropolis will follow Lois Lane and Lex Luthor as they investigate the world of fringe science and expose the city’s dark and bizarre secrets. Airing exclusively on DC’s upcoming digital service, it promises to show us a wondrous and awe-inspiring City of Tomorrow, before the emergence of Superman, and establish much of the Man of Steel’s world leading up to his arrival.
Otaku-sempai
Shield Bearer

Postby Ladykat » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:59 pm

Anyone know when the new Dr. Who series is starting?

I don't watch BBC America all that much, so if they've shown ads for it, I haven't seen them.

LK
Last edited by Ladykat on Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ladykat

Postby Ninui » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:50 pm

Not a watcher of this show but , as I cruised through another site, I remember reading that it hasn't been confirmed yet. All they have posted was Fall of 2018.
Has anyone been watching "The Handmaids Tale " ? Think I'll get the book before I go any further with this one.
... :|
Ninui
Ranger of the North

Postby Ninui » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:26 pm

Ladykat wrote:Anyone else watch the (short lived) series Second Chance?

I rather liked it, so of course it got cancelled. :P

LK

LK, this show is available on dvd. Amazon. 29.95.
Ninui
Ranger of the North

Previous

Return to Movies and Media: Other