Greetings!

A place for folks visiting The One Ring, from the newest visitor to the most grizzled veteran, to learn about the site and ask questions about this messageboard and site.

Greetings!

Postby Minimire » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:31 am

mae g'ovannen!

i am Minimire and this is actually the third forum i've joined that is dedicated to Tolkien's amazing works. as you guys can probably tell, i am obsessed with Tolkien's world. literally obsessed. i have always looked up to him for his creations and he is and always will be my inspiration. although i only really became obsessed with lord of the rings books late last year, i have always loved the movies and middle earth.

i am currently creating and plotting my own world, using Tolkien's creations and works as a guide for me. i am not a great writer like him, but i am hoping to make small little journals full of my work and notes that i can just get lost in when i need a break from reality. i am currently re-reading the hobbit and have not started on the lord of the rings yet as i am currently reading more than one book at a time but i'm hoping to get there soon. i have wanted to buy all his books for quite some time now but i can never find them anywhere in my bookstores. maybe i should have gotten them earlier XD

so anyway, i'm hoping that by joining this forum, i can learn and understand Tolkien's world better and hopefully, i can master the different languages that he created and write in tengwar (:

that's all i have to say for now. feel free to shoot me a message if you'd like to know more about what i'm working on. i'll see you all around.
Minimire
Petitioner to the Council

Re: Greetings!

Postby Calma » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:20 am

Welcome to TORC, Minimire!
I wish you well in your endeavors
The boards are a bit slow these days
So be patient with getting any replies to your posts.
We aren't snobs, we're just not here a lot anymore.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy our little community
And I'll see you around.
Image My Very First LOL

Funny Animal Month in the TVM!! :D

Join the funWith The TVM

ImageCAT LOVERS GUILD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!

Let's hope for a better result next year

SOUNDERS!!!

:rose: Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby Ladykat » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:35 pm

Hail and well met, Minimire! Welcome to the boards!

As Calma said, we're a bit slow these days----I can't seem to get here at all anymore-----but there's always a chance things will pick up a bit.

Happy posting! :D

LK
Ladykat
Between the Worlds of Men and Make Believe I Can be Found

Postby erinhue » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:18 pm

Welcome Minimire The Warrior/Bard Erinhue of Belfalas here although most folks call me 'Hue. Sounds like you might like our adventure by committee better known as TORC's Role Play which happens down in The Prancing Pony forum. Only one and slow moving at that story/game going on right now run by The Mithril Knights, what remains of TORC's Warrior Guild. Stop into the current OOC and introduce yourself. There are threads in that forum that will explain all about how it is done and we are always happy to help . See ya around the boards =:)
"Where ever you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzi

erinhue
Warrior/Bard of Belfalas Illuvatar's Bright Spirit

Postby Captain Boromir » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:50 pm

Welcome! I am also new here. I also am on some different forums. Which ones are you on?
Captain Boromir
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Minimire » Mon May 15, 2017 1:51 am

hello!

i'm not sure where i should post this so i'll just post it here, hopefully people will read it XD

so recently, after "teaching" my parents who is who and what is what in the lord of the rings and hobbit movies, i'm sucked back into the amazing world of middle earth...again.

so this time, i decided that i want to start fresh. and i decided that i want to learn every single thing i can about middle earth; the history, culture, races, names, legends,
    myths etc. everything, literally. however, i have absolutely no idea where to start. i did some research and many people are saying that we should read the books. but i don't have all of his works, i only have the hobbit and the lord of the rings trilogy. so, i was wondering, is there someone who is very familiar with the world of middle earth? someone who can give me some tips as to where i can start my journey without the books. someone who can actually tutor me on this amazing creation by J.R.R. Tolkien?
    i would be very grateful to have my dreams fulfilled XD

please pm me or send me a email at: evangeline_gladden@hotmail.com
Minimire
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Billobob » Mon May 15, 2017 9:03 am

Well one place you can start is in the books (Tolkien) forum. You may have to dig a little to find some of the info your looking for but there are some very informative conversations in there.

Here are A few threads that may help you

http://forums.theonering.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=249&sid=b7432d459217cc1833b640ee292c2d32

http://forums.theonering.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=107136&sid=b7432d459217cc1833b640ee292c2d32

http://forums.theonering.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=107135&sid=b7432d459217cc1833b640ee292c2d32

And here is a site that has a good amount of lore for the Tolkien enthusiast:

http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Main_Page
Billobob
Ranger of the North

Return to Welcome!