The Marvel Studios' films, in general

Come here and discuss your favorite Non-Tolkien movies, TV shows, radio plays, etc.

Re: The Marvel Studios' films, in general

Postby Billobob » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:25 pm

Speaking of Guardians of the galaxy vol.2 I recently learned an interesting fact about Star lord's dad in this film.

http://www.thewrap.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-meet-star-lords-dad-ego/

Yeah so Star lord is actually the spawn of a sentient planet. It would be interesting if we learned Star lord is actually a planet in human form too.
Billobob
Ranger of the North

Postby Hailey Larkin » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:04 pm

interestingly, no one continues in this thread....I love comics and marvel universe that's y I can't help writing comments here. Just like Justice Leagues, The marvel infinity wars will be coming out in about a year. Really can't wait to see so many heros teaming up to save the earth once again against thanos.
Hailey Larkin
Petitioner to the Council

Postby basil » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:54 pm

Thor Bag o' Rocks, anyone?

b
basil
Mariner

Postby Gungnir » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:06 am

I loved it!
Gungnir
Mariner

Postby Frelga » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:47 am

It was a lot of fun.

The Infinity War is going to be just Tony Stark and T'Challa trying to one up each other with their gadgetry. 8)
Impressive. Every word in that sentence was wrong.
Luke Skywalker, The Last Jedi
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Otaku-sempai » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:41 pm

We're a little behind. Doctor Strange was the last MCU movie my wife and I saw--and that was on Blu-ray (though we did catch both Logan and Deadpool).
Otaku-sempai
Shield Bearer

Postby Frelga » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:13 pm

Watching the final Black Panther trailer, I realized it was Bilbo and Gollum sitting across from each other.

If that movie lives up to the trailer, it will be the most visually gorgeous Marvel movie, and possibly the best overall.
Impressive. Every word in that sentence was wrong.
Luke Skywalker, The Last Jedi
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby basil » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:08 am

Gollum's been eating well and looking after his skin better. :)

At home, we've have tried to have at least one Cool Black Cat.

b
basil
Mariner

Postby Hailey Larkin » Wed May 02, 2018 12:39 pm

Why is this thread dead? I watched both Black Panther and Infinity War. And my god i enjoyed them both! Marvel never disappoints us.
Hailey Larkin
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Gungnir » Wed May 02, 2018 1:12 pm

Yes, both films were fantastic. Especially Black Panther. Just brilliant
Gungnir
Mariner

Postby Ladykat » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:17 pm

I saw Dr. Strange at the theater. (I love Benedict Cumberbatch.) :D

My sister didn't see it til it came out on Netflix.

Her comment afterwards? "Well, that was a strange movie."

I said "Yes. Yes it was." :P :D

LK
Ladykat
Between the Worlds of Men and Make Believe I Can be Found

Postby Thor 'n' Oakenshield » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:00 pm

I thought Dr. Strange was pretty good aside from the ending…Marvel has too few heroes who can wield real magic – I would very much like to see Dr. Strange and Wong team up with Wanda in Dr. Strange 2 (I would add Loki into that group, but… :cry: :cry: :cry: )
I'm very upset by the news that Wasp is only gonna be in Avengers 4 briefly – like, why?? Seriously, she could just as easily fill the role Antman is probably gonna have in the film, and it would be much cooler that way (besides, she can fly. Any guy who has to actually ride around on a bug is just…no.) My only consolation is that we don't have to deal with Star-Lord and most of his gang again…hopefully…I'm a little confused as to what purpose the robot and the raccoon are going to have. I don't mind either one, but Nebula creeps me out
Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rider of the Mark

Postby Thor 'n' Oakenshield » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:13 pm

Well, after all that backlash - the Captain Marvel trailer released last night was incredible! Anybody who can claim with a straight face that Brie Larson doesn't have what it takes to be the world's strongest superhero now, after seeing her fly through outer space, blasting spaceships with her bare hands, dodging lasers and fireballs, is just blind to the facts - she is going to rock this world! I'm so glad it's being released on International Women's Day; they couldn't choose a better release date.
Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rider of the Mark

Postby rwhen » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:27 pm

Thor'n. Fourteen of the saddest words I have ever read......You wrote "we don't have to deal with Star Lord and most of his gang again" :cry:

To be honest I wasn't the huge fan of GotG 2 as I thought I would be....but still loved the movie and for MY total happiness....it ended with "they will return". I think in time and place these movies are set before "the war". Goodie for ME!!
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Yes Ayslhyn, I do still remember.

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Thor 'n' Oakenshield » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:11 am

rwhen wrote:Thor'n. Fourteen of the saddest words I have ever read......You wrote "we don't have to deal with Star Lord and most of his gang again" :cry:

To be honest I wasn't the huge fan of GotG 2 as I thought I would be....but still loved the movie and for MY total happiness....it ended with "they will return". I think in time and place these movies are set before "the war". Goodie for ME!!

Okay, I'll update my feelings. I've come to really like Rocket Raccoon, Nebula, Mantis and maybe Gamora. Oh yeah, and Groot, though I think it's impossible not to like him. But Star-Lord and Drax - ugh, I can't stand those two! Star Lord especially is the one thing that really prevents me from fully enjoying the Guardians franchise: though I'm very interested to see what happens in GotG 3, because apparently it will be focused more on Rocket, and also Star-Lord might become best friends with Nebula, which sounds adorable and is something I need to see. Also, it will have Thor, and I love Thor.
Going back through my old posts, I find myself cracking up: I seem a bit hyper-ecstatic about certain things. I did get some things right, though - Wanda will appear in Doctor Strange 2 (or should I say, Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness: awesome title).
Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rider of the Mark

Postby rwhen » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:54 am

:clap: Glad you have come around a bit. But sorry....I swoon for the Star Lord. :P LOL. And I am a bit old to be swooning for anyone. I love his sarcastic humor and I think Chris Pratt was brilliant. Dax is my least favorite and I don't get the feelers on the head new gal who is attracted to him. *shivers* I think Nebula can never really be trusted, no matter what she says about daddy. Just my thoughts here. Like you, my real love is Rocket. And it still shocks me to my shoes to know that is the actor Bradley Cooper. I just can't see him doing that voice over. But I love Rocket. Great charrie.

I did read that Thor will be in the new movie....I like that idea much better than the "Luke I am your father" gag of the last movie.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Thor 'n' Oakenshield » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:58 pm

Oh I know! It's astonishing to know that that's Bradley Cooper - he's a very talented voice-actor. There are rumors going around that Rocket will have a love interest (a female otter named Lylla) in the third film. An...intriguing idea, I suppose?
Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rider of the Mark

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:39 pm

Of course everyone loves Rocket!!!!

HE'S A RACCOON! Goshdarnit!

:D

:twisted:

Christmas is coming!!!!

--------------------------------------
(for Calma)
---------------------------------
Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:32 am

Rocket is cool, Mantis is awesome (just the good awkward dialogue writing), and Groot is great too (again, great dialogue :wink: ). Can’t stand Starlord though! Especially after Infinity War! They almost had the gauntlet off Thanos’s hand! Almost! Just cage the rage for another five seconds, man!

Can not wait to see Thor in the next one! Some of the greatest back and forth the MCU writers have generated, outside of the Iron Man series.
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Location: A little patch of paradise I like to call... the backside of nowhere

Postby rwhen » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:48 am

Tooks!!! You are a nut!! But, yes indeed, anyone who doesn't love Rocket is, well....they don't live in my world.

Qwill? How much do you think the writers had to do with StarLord going off track (at least from movie one) in the second movie? I am hoping that in #3 he is back to his old self, which I love. ;)

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:02 am

Stop with your reason and logic, rwhen. There is no room for those here! But I also agree. That whole crew was just better in there own movies. They felt very tacked on to the Avengers as a whole. To me anyway. Don’t get me wrong, they were important, just so very not Avengers material! (Which I guess was kinda the point) :P
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Location: A little patch of paradise I like to call... the backside of nowhere

Postby Thor 'n' Oakenshield » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:37 am

Quimrill_Renctar wrote:Stop with your reason and logic, rwhen. There is no room for those here! But I also agree. That whole crew was just better in there own movies. They felt very tacked on to the Avengers as a whole. To me anyway. Don’t get me wrong, they were important, just so very not Avengers material! (Which I guess was kinda the point) :P

I agree - I think the only ones from the Guardians team who worked better in the Avengers movies were Nebula, and maybe Rocket just because his relationship with Thor is so much fun. But Rocket's best material is still from the Guardians movies, so I can't say that's a hundred percent true.
Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rider of the Mark

Previous

Return to Movies and Media: Other