The Mithril Knights Shadows in the East OOC

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Re: The Mithril Knights Shadows in the East OOC

Postby erinhue » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:01 pm

Well then when ya got a moment look back and check out our last initiation story. It was a real pip if I do say so :D
"Where ever you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzi

erinhue
Warrior/Bard of Belfalas Illuvatar's Bright Spirit

Postby erinhue » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:11 pm

=:) ...and I do 8)

erinhue

Postby Cock-Robin » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:41 pm

It was fun, and I often look at it.

A cool cubby!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Tempest » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:21 am

You all are so accepting of Pallando. Aren't any of you suspicious of him at all? From what I can tell of Tolkien's works, he seemed to hint that the blue wizards fell into darkness, and were never heard from again. Are you so sure he's on your side? :twisted:

I'm not saying he's evil, but maybe someone should be more suspicious of him.....

Or maybe I'm just messing with you.... :P
Tempest
Ranger of the North

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:50 pm

Oooooo.... I like it! Paul is likely not going to be suspicious, but will rather follow the lead of his betters. (Though there was that uncomfortable probing look mentioned in my earlier post. Maybe that will plant a seed of distrust.)

I like the idea of unforeseen betrayal and the troupe having been caught off guard for a change. =:)

Tempest, you are more than welcome to hijack Paul for your purposes if it serves.
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Location: A little patch of paradise I like to call... the backside of nowhere

Postby erinhue » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:53 pm

Hmmmm Makes me want to go back and change the old worm's greeting. Nope not gonna do that First rule of RPG, Ya play it as it lays. I got half an idea rumbling around lets see what it might hatch

erinhue

Postby erinhue » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:57 pm

Ah Tempest m'love, ya do love ta toss me curve balls every now and again, like the time ya had us married. Totally caught me with that one. Way Cool 8)

erinhue

Postby erinhue » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:09 pm

OK that just popped into my head so I posted it You know me, any excuse to boost =:)

erinhue

Postby Tempest » Tue May 01, 2018 7:17 am

What can I say? I like to keep things interesting.... :P
Tempest
Ranger of the North

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Thu May 03, 2018 9:25 am

Ooooooo! Dibs!! I am going to post something as soon as I can get it from my brain to my iPad.

Tempest m’gel, I am going to attempt to give some options (Some of which may include Paul getting shot in the face or somewhere less fatal :shock: ) and if they play into what you have imagined then feel free to take advantage, if not.... well that works too :wink:

~Quill
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby Tempest » Thu May 03, 2018 9:55 am

Hey, we're all in this together---this story is as much yours as mine, everyone!! Jump on in! Just don't kill Pallando or Meneldor might faint....he was his mentor afterall..... :lol:
Tempest
Ranger of the North

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Thu May 03, 2018 11:31 am

Oh yeah, I just don’t want to mess up any foundational plot or reveals you have planned. Right now I’m operating on the assumption that there are bad elves and that they may be closer than we think and Pallando may be complicit/in league or he may be unwilling/unwitting bait. (Which ever oen he is, I assume you would want to reveal that yourself, yes?) Of course if you leave it up to us to choose, I know which way I lean =:)

I mean, we do need something or someone powerful enough to give Hue old buddy a run for his money, or its just too easy. :D
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Thu May 03, 2018 4:40 pm

It would be way too easy that way. I could just have Agarak instantly solve any problem and provide for any condition or incident but where's the fun in that. I deliberately made the old worm so uncooperative so that would be most unlikely to happen. And besides I promised Jon way back when not to do any such thing. A bard always keeps his promises :wink:

erinhue

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Thu May 03, 2018 5:51 pm

Okay, that’s part one and all I have time for at the moment. I didn’t go as far as I wanted, but I must dash off for some Raquetball with my bride. More to come, but no need to wait on my account.
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Fri May 04, 2018 4:49 pm

Boom! There we go! I still haven’t decided if Pallando is good or bad, or if its even Pallando but the other blue wizard in disguise or what. I figure his actions in the next couple moments should give a pretty good indication... ooooooo, unless he’s playing the long con.

I was thinking of having him blast the rocks apart with wizardy powers and then we lowly mortals confronting whoever is in the walls, or maybe we all get captured! How exciting! I don’t want to have all the fun though, and I must go off and edit audio for our school’s spring musical performance. (And I feel like I have probably developed my fair share of the story for the moment. Don’t want to overstep.... too, too far anyway =:) ).

Paul is down, but by no means out.

~Quill
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Sat May 05, 2018 10:37 pm

Hey what are ya trying ta do here? Make me break my promise =:) No really, just kidding. That was some post. Yep you got the chops to take a run at Knighthood.

OK this is where having a magic harp comes in handy :D

erinhue

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Sun May 06, 2018 11:43 pm

Oh believe me, it was all I could do to resist write that Pallando or the other one, Alatar, suddenly strip the company of its magical items, therefore forcing the company to proceed unmagically aided (Paul would miss his loaner sword, Erinhue would be missing the harp, possibly Clarion? Not sure. We couldn’t understand Brondgast... at least not as a bear). Then we would have a double quest. Get all our stuff back! We would have to rely on our witts and teamwork :twisted: Still an option of course! :D
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Mon May 07, 2018 12:22 pm

OK that's good. Thing is there are rules to this and one of the top ones is that you do not substantially mess with the character of another person with out getting their permission first. I would most certainly object to you getting rid of Agarak. As I once said The Bard and the Harp are one. That's what I mean if you wanted to make the bard to move a bit or to answer a question or talk in your segments/posts but you do not do things that would alter the character of a player. That is why there are always some Non Player characters included that can be dispatched or used as you will

erinhue

Postby Cock-Robin » Mon May 07, 2018 3:42 pm

Hue is right. That was a great idea, Quill, but has some flaws. Any who tried to grab the Stone of Bar would soon be a pile of ashes like that member of the KoS did when he tried to steal it. You've got a great imagination, though, and will go far in the MK. Brondgast is proud to be your mentor.

A cool cubby!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Mon May 07, 2018 4:12 pm

Oh, I apologize, I was not clear. No worries, Hue! :P I’ve been writing on boards like these, on and off, for twenty-ish years, deffinitely familiar with the cardinal rule :D . I specifically did not write that into the actual story because that would be taking too big of a liberty with everyone else’s character without consent. It was just a super fun thought. I can imagine the angst that would arise from writers having all their hard earned and time invested goodies taken away randomly by some other writer who thought it would be cool on a whim. :oops:

To clarify, the idea was not to have all the magical objects gone forever, but just taken somewhere else in the tunnels, where they can’t be utilized, until they can be recovered after a couple of encounters. Confined or shielded or something... think magical faraday cage. It would be interesting to see how all our characters could and would deal with the next couple sticky situations without magical item backup. *shrugg* just thinking of ways to possibly add some zest.

Think, Thor Ragnarok. *Spoilers beyond this point* majestic blonde hunky Norse god loses awesome object of his power, must struggle on without said object of awesomeness, and then at the end recovers powers and discovers his true power. And we got two hours of hilarity and tension built around him coping without it.... As a matter of fact, that was a lot about how the first Thor went too.... End Spoilers

Anyway, despite all that I’ve written here, I’m not married to the idea, just a possibility I wanted to through out there and see what y’all thought.

Thanks for the vote on confidence, CR. As far as the turning to ash thing. If we wanted to make this idea viable, I’m sure a wizard could think of a safe way to “acquire” it... maybe rubber gloves :D just kidding!
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Postby erinhue » Mon May 07, 2018 6:50 pm

Agarak is a harp ( in this world and time at least) but it is not a thing. The old worm has a personality and mind of its own. It is more like the dragon harp does not belong to Erinhue. Erinhue belongs to the harp. and yes it did take years to build things up. Erinhue's past comes from past deeds and adventures. Aerin was a real poster and during some wedding fever on the boards there were marriage threads all over the place and the elf maid Aerin Clearstream and Erinhue of Belfalas did indeed get married. Oh you would have loved it in the old days
Last edited by erinhue on Mon May 07, 2018 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

erinhue

Postby erinhue » Mon May 07, 2018 7:05 pm

See now I could have just made Agarak blink us all out of the caves and to somewhere safe or not, but that would have been breaking my promise.
I could also probably have had Agarak simply locate Tempest, but again where is the fun in that. Besides Tempest and the harp have a long standing animosity so Agarak is probably happy that she is gone =:)

erinhue

Postby erinhue » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:08 pm

Just popped in to wish you all a very happy Fourth of July

I am up to my elbows at work but once the summer camp is up and running smooth I will be back Bard's promise :wink:

erinhue

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:05 pm

Here and all, just really busy with Vacation Bible School and a visit from he in-laws. I have the itch. Just trying to figure out what to do next from here. That last spot of trouble I manufacture got resolved quicker than I had anticipated. We don’t want our characters getting too comfortable now. I may just have to keep throughing m-80’s after them.
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Previous

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)