Class of 2000, part II

Just as Tolkien and the Inklings used to meet at The Bird and the Baby, come in here to converse about whatever might be on your mind. This is the place for all off-topic conversation.

Class of 2000, part II

Postby Witchwench » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:15 am

Continuing from the original thread that was locked for post limit reasons.

Edit to add a link to the original post (thanks Sunsilver)

http://forums.theonering.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=79506&start=2040

Yep..some of us are still here...check in and say hi..grab a chair and sit by the fire with us., there's cider, ale, hot chocolate, tea and coffee...have a scone! Relax

if you are not from the class of 2000 you are still always welcome my fellow torcers

Witchy plops her older bones down, puts her feet up, holds onto a cup of coffee and waits...

Image<Witchy
Last edited by Witchwench on Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
Witchwench
Mariner

Re: Class of 2000, part II

Postby Hunter » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:11 pm

`
What a wonderful place to sit by the fire! :)

Hunter joins Witchy by the fire with a mug of hot chocolate! The perfect thing for a chilly November evening in Minnesota. :wink:

I posted in the original Class of 2000 just before it was locked. Talk about bad timing for drawing attention to a thread that had gone past its reply count! Anyway this is what I wrote:

Well Witchy, I found my way back after being gone for over 10 years or so. :shock: Sometime during that time I got word that the Reading Room in the Pony got messed up during a board update or something. That always bothered me since I had put alot of work into it. I couldn't do anything then, for there was alot of stuff happening in my life. Finally I found some spare time last year and after searching through old files I had saved from previous laptops, I found all the information I had saved from the work (once a geek, always a geek :rofl: ). So I started to put it back together. Life gets busy for me during the summer months (I'm semi-retired now) so I come back here once work slows down. I will be around for awhile, still updating the Reading Room, doing a bit of writing in the Pony also plus I like to read some of the RP's I find.

It will be interesting to see what Amazon comes up with concerning the new LOTR series. I've been following the news here on Torc about that :-D
~
Hunter
Ranger of the North

Postby Witchwench » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:23 pm

Hunter my fellow Minnesotan..it has been awhile that is for sure..I made my way back here in September, I had been away for a long long time as well...Then I started to research something on the 'net and found my way back here. I decided to stay..it was a crazy busy place back then and I just couldn't keep up with anything..now, it's home again.

Glad you stopped by and double super glad your going to stay!!!! Get that Reading Room ship shape.

Yeah, I haven't been following Amazon's LOTR foray too much, I read blurbs, but I don't really try to find anything out..I think I'd like to just go in with fresh eyes and see what they put together...I don't know if anything can be worse than the last two Hobbit movies..oh they were okay, but it felt more like a story taking place in Middle Earth, not necessarily The Hobbit

Image<Witchy
Witchwench
Mariner

Postby Witchwench » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:17 am

I know you are out there!! Come, sit down, grab a hot cider or cocoa..or coffee.

Image<Merry Witchy
Witchwench
Mariner

Postby Sunsilver » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:43 am

Witchy, I can't believe you started this thread without leaving a link to the old one! Tsk, tsk!! :nono: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=79506&start=2040

There. That ought to fix it!

My surgery went well, and I needed NO pain medication, except in the recovery room immediately afterwards. The next day, I went out grocery shopping with my sister in law!

My chemo was delayed because one of the drugs is very hard on the heart, and I have some heart issues - small hole between my atria -very common - and had an episode of atrial fibrillation recently.

I just got cleared by the cardiologist, and will start chemo on January 3rd.

I've also been exercising to improve my heart function, and counteract any effects of the medication.

The pathology report on the tumors was good. Margins were clear, and there was NO spread to the lymph nodes.
So, hopefully all will be well!
Sunsilver
Ranger of the North

Postby Witchwench » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:52 am

LOl Sunsilver, when I created this thread I also managed to create not one, but two double threads..didn't even know that was possible!! Wasn't exactly on my A game that day

I'm so thankful to hear that the cancer hadn't spread..great news. I'm sorry your going to have to do the chemo, I have witnessed that up close and personal many times with family...everyone reacts differently, some were nauseous and some were not...I will pray yours is the latter! I'm sorry you are going through this, I hope you have some local support with family and friends, you definitely have it from afar.

Merry Christmas class of 2000!

Image<Merry Witchy
Witchwench
Mariner

Postby Sunsilver » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:15 pm

Merry Christmas, Witchy! And thank you for the support! Could you give me your FB info again? I'm too lazy to go back and look it up! :lol:

I don't have a lot of family - no kids, 2 stepsons that don't keep in touch very much, and one brother with his wife and 3 children. But the stepsons did come and help me put up my Christmas tree, and my brother is going to drive me to chemo, despite living an hour and half away! My sister-in-law came and stayed with me after the surgery. So, I have some pretty good support. But hey, the more support the better! :grouphug:

Edit: just figured out why I wasn't getting updates to this thread... :doh: Am now subscribed to the NEW thread!
Sunsilver
Ranger of the North

Postby Witchwench » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:43 am

Sunsilver I am Lynai Blodgett Torabpour on fb..(yeah that's a mouthful)!

Oh that is so sweet about your brother driving that distance. I spent many an hour with my mom in the chemo rooms, it's good to have someone there. Some times mom just wanted to read her book, so I'd crack open whatever I was reading, she'd crack open her book, and we'd just hang out and read together. You have limited support, but strong support that is a good thing.

Subscribe to a thread? Hmmmmmm...must check out that function

Image<Merry Witchy
Witchwench
Mariner

Postby Drogo Baggins » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:31 pm

Merry Christmas to my dear friend Witchwench..and to all you other old timers who don't come here often enough....like me. We're coming up on 20 years and that will deserve a most special celebration.

So a very Merry Christmas and very, very Happy New Year!!
Drogo Baggins
Ranger of the North

Postby Witchwench » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:45 am

Merry Christmas my friend Drogo..hope this finds you well :hug:

Merry Christmas to the class of 2000 we turn 20 in a few more days!!! :shock: :shock:
Witchwench
Mariner

Postby Sunsilver » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:14 pm

Merry Christmas to all the members of the Class of 2000, and everyone on this marvelous message board!

Looking forward to dinner with my family, and that turkey I put in the oven is REALLY starting to smell GOOD!!
Sunsilver
Ranger of the North

Postby Hunter » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:41 pm

~

Merry Christmas and a fond hello to all the members of the class of 2000!

Happy Holidays!
Hunter
Ranger of the North

Postby Witchwench » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:43 am

Merry Christmas Hunter and Sunny! :hug: ...it warmed up a bit here in the Great White North...we were rather muddy around the farm

Image<Witchy
Witchwench
Mariner

Postby Hunter » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:00 pm

~
Hello Class of 2000, hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. :)

How is the farm Witchy and your father? I hope everything is well. Spring has made a few appearances up here in the north, but there is still snow to be seen in alot of open spaces.
Hunter
Ranger of the North

Postby Dunthule » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:25 pm

Hola Classmates!!

I see the purple witch!
Still a classic!!!

Stay healthy.
Dunthule
Ranger of the North

Postby Sunsilver » Wed May 13, 2020 6:08 am

Hi, just checking in! Happy 20 years to me on TORC! It was one of the first websites I joined after getting internet access in spring of 2000!

I am DONE my radiation treatments, and slowly on the mend. Had a rough patch there with my oxygen sats. plummeting, and having to go on oxygen. I'm off that now, though still quite short of breath when walking. Hair is regrowing, and everything else is going okay!

Am getting out for walks with the doggies as the weather warms up, though the last week has been pretty brutal with the polar vortex, and SNOW!! :(
Sunsilver
Ranger of the North

Postby Dunthule » Wed May 13, 2020 8:46 am

Hi Sunsilver,
It sounds like you have had some major challenges. It's great to hear you are on the mend! 8)

This may have been the first forum I joined, back when forums were the social media platforms. Pre-FB, twitter, etc...
I still remember the anticipation for the movies!
Dunthule
Ranger of the North

Postby Sunsilver » Wed May 13, 2020 11:28 am

Dunthy, I was diagnosed with breast cancer last fall. It was early stage, and hadn't spread to the lymph nodes, so my chances of a complete cure are really good. It's just getting through the chemo and radiation had been kind of rough... :(
Sunsilver
Ranger of the North

Postby Dunthule » Sat May 16, 2020 10:42 am

My sister went through the same about 1 year ahead of you.
All good and clear with her!
Prayers to you and your fam!
Dunthule
Ranger of the North

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:19 am

How are you doing, Sunny????

Miss ya!

We need some laughs here.....
Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby Dunthule » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:56 am

7 days until my 20th anniversary!!
What a great place TORC was and still is. :)
I actually joined before then, but had my name changed (I forget my original name!) and with the name reset so did my start date.

And this is the trailer that brought me here. 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UDTbQrOGa0
Dunthule
Ranger of the North

Postby Sunsilver » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:41 pm

Yes, remember that trailer well! <3
Sunsilver
Ranger of the North

Return to Talk: The Bird and the Baby