HEEELLLLLOOOOOOOOOO the home alone thread

Just as Tolkien and the Inklings used to meet at The Bird and the Baby, come in here to converse about whatever might be on your mind. This is the place for all off-topic conversation.

Re: HEEELLLLLOOOOOOOOOO the home alone thread

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Thu May 07, 2020 6:15 pm

I've seen those giant Hershey bars. If Chocolate World was open I'd get one for you all. :D

For Calma. :) :(
Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby Frelga » Fri May 08, 2020 9:55 am

This would be a perfect time for a road trip. Working remotely, I could be in Timbuktu for all anyone cares. If not for that pesky pandemic thing.
Impressive. Every word in that sentence was wrong.
Luke Skywalker, The Last Jedi
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Wed May 13, 2020 2:29 am

Me and 6 guests!!!!! :D

*makes more coffee*

Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby Vanaladiel » Sat May 16, 2020 6:14 pm

Me, Tooks and 2 guests right now.

Hey hey everyone!! :wave:

Just popping in to say HI :drink: :clap:
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of Borin who passed away in March 2020 I believe
Calma she passed away on 07/05/19 ! RIP dear lady! :rose:
Primula Baggins passed away on 02/27/19
Cockrobin has passed away on 02/18/2019 Rest in the arms of Jesus my friend!
oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my beloved mother who has joined my daddy with Jesus. :rose: 1/11/20 For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you mom and daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Morwenna » Sat May 16, 2020 8:54 pm

Hi back at ya! :hihi:

Nowhere to go but work and grocery shopping. Hubby stays home. Poor guy, out of the past 10 months he's been out of commission for about 8 of them, what with the broken ankle last July and the broken arm in February and now the virus lockdown... Mid-December through mid-February was all the time he had to be able to drive himself anywhere. We got out a couple times in November thanks to the kindness of others. Even our wedding anniversary dinner last October was ordered in. We kept saying 2020 would be better; so far it's not. :( But at least we're otherwise healthy! :D
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Mon May 18, 2020 6:10 pm

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs.com, Bing [Bot], Tookish_Traveler and 4 guests

:hihi: to BingBot and the others! ;)

I just finished a nice cup of tea. Soon it is time to toddle off to bed.

Sorry to hear your hubby's troubles, Morwenna. But at least you are both well at home now. :D

Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby Ninui » Tue May 19, 2020 9:44 am

Have been very busy the last few days. But here I am !!!!!

Ahrefs.com and 7 guests .....
:D
Ninui
Mariner

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed May 20, 2020 12:42 pm

Me and no guests! Wow!!

Hey Morwenna!!! :clap: :love: :happydance: Long time no see!! Please stay safe! I have been locked down since early March. I have been home hibernating since last year in March when I got disabled. It sucks when you can't get out to do things but mostly I miss my friends who I can't hug or see face to face. I can't wait till they finally get released from this lockdown. I am a hugger and this is so hard to get through.

Hello everyone!! Miss you all! Be safe and stay healthy!! <3 :drink:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my beloved mother who has joined my daddy with Jesus. :rose: 1/11/20 For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you mom and daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Thor 'n' Oakenshield » Thu May 21, 2020 8:00 am

Just popping in to make sure everyone is staying safe during this difficult time! I know it's been hard for me, and my sister especially: it's been taking a real toll on her emotionally. I've been pursuing some hobbies I had put aside months ago, like art, just to pass the time while everything is on lockdown.

Vanaladiel wrote:I can't wait till they finally get released from this lockdown. I am a hugger and this is so hard to get through.

I am too, and my sister is the same way - having to talk each other on Zoom video-calls rather than being able to see each other in person has been really hard. I love hugging, but now I don't know if I'll feel comfortable hugging anyone for at least a couple of months.
Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rider of the Mark

Postby Morwenna » Thu May 21, 2020 8:28 am

I'm another hugger! And so are the majority of my friends & hubby's family.

They're trying a "soft opening" here in CT but most people are not taking advantage; wise folk! But I do wish I could just pop into some of my favorite stores. I don't know if any of them are open yet though; I just better check the internet. Meanwhile I'm perusing catalogues to make up for what I can't see in person. The one bright side to all this for us is that all the stuff that's cancelled that we usually go to is saving us a lot of money with which we can pay off the credit cards faster and thus get me out of here and retired that much sooner! It's financial discipline being imposed on us from outside. No science fiction convention in July, no Pennsic War in July/August, no Durham Fair... and the Big E is still up in the air, and I don't know yet about the Brimfield antique flea market, whose May dates were cancelled but they haven't weighed in yet about July or September. And the library sales haven't confirmed yet either. Sigh...
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Thu May 21, 2020 5:58 pm

Yandex bot and 3 guests are with me today. :D

Actually, my life hasn't been drastically changed over the past few months. I do miss going to the thrift stores. *sigh*

The one big thing is I can't go visit my mom. She is in a retirement community and they've locked out all visitors, even for folks living on their own (like my mom). On the plus side, no outbreaks in the community, not even the extended care areas.

Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby Morwenna » Sat May 23, 2020 11:26 am

Thank heaven for something! Hubby's watching a documentary right now about the 1918 Spanish flu epidemic, and it reminds me of the stories of the Black Plague in Europe in the 14th (was it) century! If we think we have it bad... But they didn't understand the transmission if diseases like this back then. If anything, it's a cautionary tale for our times.

Anyway, we're still doing OK. I'm working but taking precautions; I'm also the one shopping for groceries. And fortunately the COVID hospital admissions in our state have been going down, which is why the soft openings (but come on, why open a beach when all the restrictions still must apply? Doesn't that make a trip to the beach pointless?). We'll see after this weekend whether the stats continue to improve or if they're set back and by how much.
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby Ninui » Sun May 24, 2020 1:00 pm

How about a pallet wood patio sofa for the patio ? .....

https://youtu.be/lyMaivM3C2Y

Food for hungry from a day of building

https://youtu.be/yKh-HsLHLE4 ... https://youtu.be/qehEOi8Ct6E .... https://youtu.be/bZ3JnSU7aCI
Ninui
Mariner

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Sat May 30, 2020 4:03 pm

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Tookish_Traveler and 3 guests

Our state numbers are doing okay. My local area just had some restrictions loosened today. Hope it goes well!!!

*snags a burger*

Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby Melwa » Sun May 31, 2020 11:15 am

My area loosens restrictions some starting tomorrow - then I get to go back into work on Tuesday. My dance group is probably gonna keep meeting outside for a while this summer. Gotta go lay in a stock of masks for going out and about now!

Where'd all the guests go? *plops down some pillows and paint for the pallet sofa*
Melwa
Ranger of the North

Postby Thor 'n' Oakenshield » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:15 am

Well, that was a very long weekend! What with everything going on in the world right now, it's been hard to catch a break, but I felt like I needed to return here for some positivity and relaxation. Hope you don't mind if I just crash on your brand-new pallet sofa and take a nap.
*steals Melwa's pillows*
Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rider of the Mark

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:20 pm

We are still in lockdown. :'(

I am like you Tooks, I miss going to thrift stores. I need to clean my closets and get rid of stuff but they are not taking anything at this point. :(

My love to you all!! Continue to stay safe!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Ninui » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:27 pm

Until I know you very well, I'm not a "hugger" . And I sure do miss thrift stores. Can't help but thinking I just lost out on a few things I can't live without. And some of the "cute"
antique stores that have "stuff" on their shelves that make you say "Oooooo" and "Ahhhhh". "There's always room in my cart" things. ..
:Q :D

Anyone up for cake ???? ..... https://youtu.be/rq1xzmJbo-Y
Ninui
Mariner

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:52 pm

Ninui that cake looks so good! I will take a piece, Thanks!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Morwenna » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:33 am

I'm here alone??? :shock:

Eating lunch at my desk: last night's leftover sausage, peppers & onions stir fry.

So far we're healthy, and the state hasn't imploded (yet).

The ironies of life: A couple years ago our area in the office was remodeled, and the areas surrounding us as well (which used to be our chart file rooms, only now the physical charts have gone offsite). The other departments got room to spare, with huge workstations too, and when they did our area they organized it all wrong, with workstations smaller than we had before, and they should have given us some of the space in the area to our north, which was really under-utilized, and we've been complaining ever since. Well, now that so many people are working from home, the department to our north just informed us that they're not coming back. A few people, not everyone, came to pick up their own stuff. It's a freakin' ghost town. And here we are, even though half our folks are working from home half the time, when people are here they have to station themselves 6 ft apart so some have to sit at desks not their own. Life is sometimes just not fair, and is almost always ironic.
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:50 pm

I am here with 2 guests

Hello Morwenna!! I am so thankful to not have to work anymore. I can sleep in if I can, not very often but I do not have anyone I have to answer to. Because I am now disabled and can not get my blood pressure up over 120 or my pulse rate over 80, I can't do too much in a day. I do try to keep somethings going. Like dishes or laundry. But then I have days where I just don't have the energy to do anything. I can barely stay awake.

We have finally been moved to phase two. And now all the rioting and buildings burning in Seattle and other cities across the country. Seattle has been taken over in an area on Capital Hill and Antifa has called it CHAZ as a new country that they are not letting the cops in and doing as they want. Raping, pillaging and looting. I refuse to drive anywhere near Seattle now. But I so want to get to a thrift store as soon as they open. I have not been to a shopping place in too long. I am going crazy, I need to spend some money on something other than bills. :happydance: :clap: :horse: :hair:
Last edited by Vanaladiel on Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Ladykat » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:50 am

It's just me and zero guests.

I drive the guests away. =:)

LK
Ladykat
Between the Worlds of Men and Make Believe I Can be Found

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:21 am

Ladykat wrote:It's just me and zero guests.

I drive the guests away. =:)

LK

Ha. Me and zero guests right now also. Too. Again. :P

Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby Morwenna » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:52 am

No guests right now either; but for an excuse, this is Sunday morning. :) Hubby and I actually got up EARLY this AM and are eating breakfast right now (9:37 EDT). I have a couple loads of laundry going downstairs too. And it looks like we'll actually get to the stores by noon! He stays in the car lately while I go in & shop. I think we spend less money when I go in without him because I'm more likely to stick to the list; the only downside is when there's a decision to be made, and we only have 1 cell phone between us. But when he goes in, he spots a lot of things that give him ideas, in addition to what's on the list.

I know how you feel, Vana. I'd love to hit a thrift store too. But at least places like Jo-Ann's are still open--or open again, as the case may be. I'm looking forward to retirement too, this year in fact, but now the political climate has me scared that we might lose Social Security. Without it we're out on the street. Right now we have my SS, hubby's disability, his pension, and my pay; and for the first time in our lives we've been able to sock away money for the past 4 years. But the economy's doing poorly enough that our IRAs aren't earning anything much, in fact we're usually losing earnings (hubby checks the accounts several times a week). But I want to just plain stop working and devote my time to leisure pursuits, separately and together. Without my pay we'll still have both of our SS and his pension, my pension (which will be diddly squat) and IRA distributions (if there are any), which will be comfortable to live on--as long as SS stays viable!!
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:15 pm

It's me and 2 guests

Morwenna I totally understand your fears! It sure is not what we signed on for when first went to work. We had reassurances that we would have money socked away because we paid into it as well as our employers faithfully believing that it would give us a cushion for retirement. I have my opinions about this but will keep that to myself. I feel we have been cheated.

Tooks and Lady Kat you two have not chased anyone away. You are two of the people that keep me coming back! Half the time I think the guests are bots.

I can't wait for thrift stores to open wide and to get back to craft stores like Micheal's and Joann's! I have been paying big payments on our credit to get things paid down and it's showing. I can't wait to use some money to buy something less frugel.

Oh I got a big Blessing on Friday!! My health insurance company came through and got me set up with an in-home oxygen concentrator so I do not have to wear tanks or use tanks around the house. But they added a surprise. I now have a portable concentrator too. So I really don't need tanks anymore. It comes with a battery that can be charged while I am using it both in the car or the home. It is also something I can use on an airplane. It gives me more freedom! I might be getting out more now too!!

My love to you all!! Be safe!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Ladykat » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:14 pm

Vana---That is FANTASTIC news about the home oxygen concentrator! And the portable one as well. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D

Nice to see a health insurance company doing something good for a change. Usually if a person needs something, they just say "sorry, that's not covered."

LK
Ladykat
Between the Worlds of Men and Make Believe I Can be Found

Postby Morwenna » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:41 pm

Vana, how wonderful! Here's to your new-found freedom! :drink: And good for you for paying down your credit! We're doing that too, easier during the lockdowns because there are fewer places to go! No conventions, no Pennsic, no fairs...
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:27 pm

Just me and yandex bot today. :P

Any snacks around?

*rummages through cupboard*

Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe