The Unkown Story

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

The Unkown Story

Postby eliana » Tue Jan 30, 2001 3:00 pm

the door to the prancing pony opened to reveal a strange sight indeed. it was raining outside and the room was full, but when the door swung open, the conversation paused momentarily. standing in the entryway was the figure of a woman, not tall and straight, not well dressed and regal, but worn, ragged. she was leaning with all of her weight on her staff, her hair was a tangled mass of silver blonde, her cloak was torn, she bleeding in numerous places, from the way she was it was almost impossible to tell where the wounds were, in her hand was her sword, she clung to it like her life depended on it remaining in her grasp, it was apparent she had just barely escaped some form of battle. she was exhausted, had lost a lot of blood, but her her green eyes still showed strength, they still had a strange look of peace and modest pride, a disarming look, and yet lonely, until they closed and she lay limp on the floor, unconcious.

ooc: i have not yet decided what happened, so anything goes at this point, well, except for character developement, you know
eliana
Mariner

Postby meneltarma » Wed Jan 31, 2001 9:01 am

<i>she did not see the three who watched her from across the room,two men,one old one young,and a fair young lady.the lady was tall and beautiful and had hair of deep brown.the old man had no beard,but had long hair.the young one was handsome,in the prime of his life.the lady talked to both of them quietly.her name was Tarmawyn,and she was of the Rohrimm.she watched the stranger with something akin to awe in her eyes.</i><BR><BR><BR>eliana,i dont know whats gonna happen either.but my character is in love with the old guy,okay?he's mine.
meneltarma
Ranger of the North

Postby eliana » Thu Feb 01, 2001 3:23 pm

ooc-thats fine, i think i shall wait a little longer for others to join before i come to
eliana
Mariner

Postby asaris » Thu Feb 01, 2001 6:59 pm

Benoit thought quickly and said loudly, "Sweet Valar! Erin, what has happened to you?" He moved quickly to her side and picked her up, his arms surprisingly strong given his slight frame. He went to carry her up to his room, telling Butterbur "Send up what medical supplies you may have, and hurry. My cousin's life is spilling out here!"
asaris
Ranger of the North

Postby Durin_The_Deathless » Thu Feb 01, 2001 7:20 pm

Ciruan said to Benoit quickly "Benoit I have quite alot of medical experience...could I be of some assitance"?Ciruan was a Bold elf.He was middle age and very handsome.He was taller than most elfs and very well built.He was a master of the sword and almost of the bow...He was a very wise elf with experience in alot of areas.When Ciruan saw the women though he thought she was quite beautiful under her cloak!He wanted to do what was neccarsy to keep her alive!Ciruan was also very anxious to know what happen.He was crossing his fingers Benoit said Yes!
Durin_The_Deathless
Citizen of Imladris

Postby eliana » Thu Feb 01, 2001 7:59 pm

ooc-sorry, dont need this post anymore
eliana
Mariner

Postby meneltarma » Thu Feb 01, 2001 8:21 pm

OOC: i'm confused.will someone please tell me whats going on?and why are we using this thread for all the ooc stuff?
meneltarma
Ranger of the North

Postby eliana » Thu Feb 01, 2001 8:53 pm

we are not suppose to be, come to the real ooc thread and i will try to explain
eliana
Mariner

Postby asaris » Fri Feb 02, 2001 10:15 am

OOC: Is it just me, or is there more OOC stuff here than thread? Oh, and see the OOC thread for some information about what Benoit's up to.<BR><BR>"Come with me then, but you do exactly what I say. I have quite a bit of medicine myself, and we can't afford to bicker while her life slips between our fingers." So the two of them made their way up the stairs to Benoit's room, the sparsely decorated apartment he had been living in for the past couple weeks. Benoit hated traveling in March, so he usually holed up somewhere -- the Prancing Pony was as good a spot as any. Butterbur knew Benoit well, so was willing to turn his eyes away when some rich merchant complained of having been cheated. He had wanted to leave this morning, but something kept him at the inn one more night; now he knew why. The Prancing Pony, while far from the worst dive in Middle-Earth, was no place for a woman to stay alone. Sure, most likely someone would have helped her, but he would have wanted certain...services in return. <i>At least Bill Ferny was gone,</i> thought Benoit. <i>He was always the worst of the bunch.</i> <BR><BR>His thoughts returned to the situation at hand as they entered the small room. He lay the bedraggled woman on his bed and hoped the denizens of the inn bought his story that this was his cousin. As a matter of fact, he had never seen this woman before, to the best of his recollection -- he just wanted to help. Like his friend Erinhue, he had a weakness for the fairer sex, and sought always to help and aid them whenever he could. Some wondered where this impulse came from, such an honorable trait did not fit the rougish character. If only they knew the truth.<BR><BR>Benoit started swiftly removing the woman's clothes, to ascertain where the wounds were. Butterbur came in with some hot water and a packet of herbs. "Set the herbs on the table there," Benoit ordered, "And put the water here, next to the bed. Ciruan, wet a cloth for me. We're going to have to clean this blood off before bandaging the wounds. Thanks, Barliman. Bring me some of your strongest liquor -- I think she'll need it before the night's out." Benoit worked quickly and efficiently cleaning the blood off the woman's body, and gasped as he saw the gaping wound in her stomach, through which he saw her intestines pulsing. Just then Barliman reentered the room with the liquor. Benoit took it and poured a hefty dose down the woman's throat. "Ciruan, thread, needle! And work up some Athelas and Amartha into a paste. Yes, I know it's dangerous, but do it!" He took the thread and needle and worked to sow up the mess of her stomach. Most of the other wounds were not so serious, minor cuts on the arms and legs. "Bandages! And the paste." Benoit took the paste and spread it over the stomach and a couple of the deeper gashes on her legs. He bandaged her wounds and redressed her. "That's all I can do for her. I think she'll live, though she'll be weak for a bit...if you know anything else that might work, feel free..." He then picked up the liquor and poured a decent portion down his own throat before settling down into a chair, obviously exhausted.
asaris
Ranger of the North

Postby Arish » Fri Feb 02, 2001 1:16 pm

The shadows in the corner hide a pair of watchful green eyes. A tall elven lass watched as the wounded lady came in and was taken upstairs. She sat still in the corner, her black cloak covering her entire body from head to foot. She waited till the commotion in the bar had calmed down before she slipped quietly out of the bar room door into the torrents of rain outside. "Events have been set in motion, we shall see what comes of them." She whispered to the night air as she fought her way throught the rain to the back of the inn.
Arish
Rider of the Mark

Postby eliana » Fri Feb 02, 2001 3:41 pm

<i>it was a while before she woke up, but when the girl came to, she immediately tried to sit up, before the others even had a chance to tell her to lie still, however, the pain made her do so herself. she looked around for a moment as if trying to decide whether she was safe here, not that it would make much difference, but when she realized her wounds had been dressed and cared for she decided she would give whoever it was the benifit of the doubt.</i><BR><BR>i do not know who you are, nor do i have anything with which to pay you for your aid, all i have to offer is my name, i am called eliana<BR><BR><i>she noticed that one of the stranger moved to get a bottle of liquer as if to offer her some</i><BR><BR>if i am unconscious, i will take it for medicinal purposes without arguement, but if i have any say, i do not drink
eliana
Mariner

Postby asaris » Fri Feb 02, 2001 3:48 pm

"It's mostly for the pain," Benoit said. "Your wounds were pretty bad, so I figured it'd help. But it's up to you, I'm not going to force anything on ya. I'm Benoit, by the way. Ya don't need to pay me or nothin'. I'm always at the service of the fairer sex." He managed a rakish bow despite his obvious exhaustion. "But you should rest a bit, else the cut'll re-open, and that wouldn't be good."
asaris
Ranger of the North

Postby eliana » Fri Feb 02, 2001 4:01 pm

<i>eliana stared at the ceiling and sighed</i><BR><BR>i know what it is for, but i am used to pain, of any kind, not that it does not hurt, but i would rather take it over a drink, i appreciate all you have done, rest does sound good...<BR><BR><i>eliana trailed off, still staring at the ceiling her thoughts went else where, she did not imagine it would be long before she slept</i>
eliana
Mariner

Postby eliana » Fri Feb 02, 2001 6:59 pm

<i>she let her eyes close, then, all of the sudden, as if she had just remembered something very important she opened them again, turning her head slightly so she could see benoit, she asked</i><BR><BR>my staff! do you have it? and my bag? it is a small one. are they here?<BR><BR><i>she awaited the answer, it was evident they were important to her</i>
eliana
Mariner

Postby stickatnaughtstrider » Fri Feb 02, 2001 7:14 pm

and suddenly...<BR><BR>STICKATNAUGHTSTRIDER is .....wheeling herself in a wheelchair??<BR><BR>"what is this place?? huh huh?? where's my beer??"
stickatnaughtstrider
Shield Bearer

Postby asaris » Fri Feb 02, 2001 8:32 pm

"No worries," Benoit said. "I'll make sure they're here -- just relax. Worrying will only make the healin' take longer. Yer staff's by the bed, an' I'll make sure we still got the bag." He looked through a pile of wet rags that were lying heaped in the corner -- the remains of Eliana's clothing. The bag was there as well, he had just missed it in the rush of events. "Yep, we got it all. Don't worry about people comin' in to take 'em, either. I'll be here awake, the rest of the night. Ciruan too, I imagine, though he's not sayin' much. Just relax, thing's 'll be just fine."
asaris
Ranger of the North

Postby Durin_The_Deathless » Fri Feb 02, 2001 8:36 pm

Yes Eliana I'll be here with Benoit until you say other wise!
Durin_The_Deathless
Citizen of Imladris

Postby eliana » Fri Feb 02, 2001 8:50 pm

<i>eliana was evidently greatly relieved, she relaxed a great deal and was asleep before she even had time to think anymore. <BR><BR>when she awoke it was well into the next day, she was not yet well enough to walk, who would be with those wounds, but she could sit up now, she had always been a fast healing and benoit had done well. she looked over at her staff to reasure herself it was still there, but before she had a chance to ask for her bag benoit offered it to her. she accepted it gratefully and immediately looked through it, it was not that she did not trust him, it was that she did not trust what had happened the night before, or some night, recently, she was not quite sure how long it had been now.<BR><BR>she sat back with a slight smile on her face, whatever it was that was so important was still there, she looked over at benoit, and ciruan, it was clear from the way they looked at her that they were curious</i><BR><BR>it is all i have in the world, the staff is very important me, it is often key in my defense, in more ways than one, perhaps someday you shall see that it is more, next to my sword, which i need to recover, it is my greatest weapon, though i can fight with knifes, which i need to recover, or even my hands, i am not sure why i am explaining this to you, in my bag is, well, that shall remain my secret for now, let us say it is the most valuable thing i own but be of no use or bring any proffit to any other, and it is not magical
eliana
Mariner

Postby asaris » Fri Feb 02, 2001 9:00 pm

"That explains...well, a little as least," Benoit said, smiling. "I think, perhaps, I should give a you fuller introduction. I am Benoit, infamous scourge of taverns everywhere. I am the king of all rouges, and no one has yet beaten me and my lucky dice." Then he noticed Eliana's worried and added hastily. "But I only take from those who can afford to lose. You, on the other hand, don't seem to fit into that category. But for now, are you up for some breakfast? I can get you something. Later today I'll see about getting you some new clothes and knives -- I didn't see those with the rest of your stuff. You must have dropped them on your way in."
asaris
Ranger of the North

Postby Durin_The_Deathless » Fri Feb 02, 2001 9:12 pm

And let me introduce myslef...<BR><BR>I am Ciruan as you already know.I am a master of the sword,I have many kinds of weapons I can give you.I'm a wander and in most cases can stay invisible to most,but some can catch me with a quick glimpse.I myself do not have any quest right now and I would be more than happy to acompany on any journeys that you might be taking.I'm deeply angered that some one would do this,and I will take revenge on whoever did this even if you don't want me to accompany you ill go alone in the forest and find these creatures.Which leads me to my next question...Who did this to you?
Durin_The_Deathless
Citizen of Imladris

Postby asaris » Fri Feb 02, 2001 9:29 pm

"Easy, Ciruan," Benoit said before Eliana had a chance to answer. "Let the lady rest a bit before we discuss such ugly matters. Why don't you go and get breakfast for us while I change her bandages?" Ciruan headed downstairs, while Benoit made up the herbal paste for a fresh set of bandages. "Most of the wounds should be pretty much healed; those herbs we used are pretty potent. I still a little worried about the big one though; lemme have a look at that."
asaris
Ranger of the North

Postby eliana » Fri Feb 02, 2001 9:34 pm

<i>ciruan did as he was instructed, and benoit tended the wounds, when ciruan returned with the food eliana received it, after she had eaten she turned to the two gentlemen</i><BR><BR>now, ciruan, as for you questions, it is a long story my friend, which goes along with what i have in my bag, anyway, i am in no need of new weapons, from you own words alone here you may see what kind of reception a female receives when she is a warrior, i am a skilled fighter and traveler, i know a little healing and enough tracking for most instances, i also have other skills, i may have been weak, but my senses were in tact, i did not want to risk arriving here with three knives on my person as well as a sword, with the last of my strength i hid them not far from here, i would appreciate new clothes, and a dark green cloak if you can find one, i thank you again<BR><BR>oh yes, ciruan, i thank you for your offer of revenge, but i do not wish revenge,i wish justice, and i intend to see that myself, but you are welcome indeed if you so desire
eliana
Mariner

Postby Durin_The_Deathless » Fri Feb 02, 2001 9:50 pm

I have no doubt that you have great skill.Now about the green cloak it just so happens I have two.The only problem I still have while traveling is how to pack...I seem to get more than I need.Here ya go Eliana,but I still wish that you rest for atleast a week.I know thats a long time but you'll need it.In the mean time me and Benoit can get everything ready for a fast and steady departure.If you are in a great hurry though I could probably get a horse for you to travel on,also don't worry about your cargo,I can carry it for as long as needed it.Well as long as your not a rock collector :~)
Durin_The_Deathless
Citizen of Imladris

Postby eliana » Fri Feb 02, 2001 10:06 pm

i will rest as long as needed, i am not the type to forgo health for foolheartyness, and no, i do not collect rocks, i would however, like to have my metal, if i tell you where it is hidden would either of you mind retrieving it, you have done so much already, probably saved my life
eliana
Mariner

Postby Durin_The_Deathless » Fri Feb 02, 2001 10:17 pm

I would gladly go and retrive it my fair lady.As soon as you tell me where it is I'll get it!
Durin_The_Deathless
Citizen of Imladris

Postby eliana » Fri Feb 02, 2001 10:25 pm

<i>eliana gave him instructions on how to find where she hid her weapons and he left to retrieve them, she still had her bag next to her, and now she looked at it, if you were the observent type you might notice that she looked curious, like she wondered why someone was willing to kill her over something that meant nothing to anyone else but was invaluable to her.<BR><BR>she laid her head back and closed her eyes, as soon as she was able she planned on finding out, she did not know where it would lead, nor what she would find, but she must know...</i>
eliana
Mariner

Postby Durin_The_Deathless » Fri Feb 02, 2001 10:36 pm

Ciruan returned with Eliana's weapons breathing very hard.Ciruan said "some ones wating for you to leave Bree my Lady!Your more valuable than I thought intially!Have no worries though I have goood senses and from what I can tell you some one very important from whatever land you cam from...and if by life or death I can protect you,I will do so....
Durin_The_Deathless
Citizen of Imladris

Postby eliana » Sat Feb 03, 2001 9:08 am

<i>she smiled slightly at the man</i><BR><BR>someone important in the land i come from? never looked at it that way, i suppose if you call a hated and feared creature important, than yes i am, everyone did know who i was... <BR>i left, and i am not returning, and believe me, whoever want me dead is no from there, they probably had a celebration the day they discovered i was gone, no, my assissins are from this land, they wish me not here, it is nothing new, but i shall not leave this place, i am not rejected by the people and i have much to gain from land...
eliana
Mariner

Postby asaris » Sat Feb 03, 2001 9:35 am

"Ciruan is right, we shouldn't leave for another few days at least. I can see about taking care of those men who are waiting for ya, and maybe round up a couple others for support. Even three traveling together is a bit touch and go at times. But I better head out and see about those clothes."<BR><BR>Benoit went down to the market to find some clothes for Eliana. Fortunately, she was of a fairly typical height, so finding them was not difficult, and with Benoit's light fingers, paying for them was easy as well. He picked up a couple shirts and a pair of pants, all suitable for traveling. He also bought some knives for himself. He was finished by about noon, and so went back to the Pony for lunch.
asaris
Ranger of the North

Postby Durin_The_Deathless » Sat Feb 03, 2001 1:15 pm

As soon as Benoit came back to the inn,Ciruan said "Look after Eliana bit I"m going to see about these assissins.Don't worry I'm just going to scope them out not going to even show myself.Ciruan left jogging out of the inn,he had a feeling as though an army of assissins were waiting just within the broundaries of the forest.Ciraun started running as fast as he could,from what he knew he was the fastest runner around in ME but he didn't know for sure.He had a feeling that he was meeting Eliana and helping her out on her still know yet known journey was his destiny.<BR><BR>Ciruan made for the forest as soon as he got outside of the gates of Bree,when he got there,he went into his stealthy mode moving with extreme agility through the forest.He was doing this when he saw some dense and erie looking smoke,it had the smell of freshly burned flesh.Ciruan could barley take it but he finally made it to where the smoke was coming from...thats where he found a dead bodie burned to the bone.Ciruan was looking around not knowing what to do when he saw some tracks,they were fresh.He followed them for about 5 miles,thats where he ran into their camp!He moved around the camp unoticed,when he realized that the assissins had already left or he thought.Ciruan looked around the camp trying to find anything left behind that would give him any info,he came acorss the tent they had sleeped in,as he looked in he didn't see anything.AS he was about to take his head of of the tent a dart hit him right in the arm,he cursed with the pain.Ciruan as quickly as possible darted for the forest with great speed,and before he knew it he cleared the forest and was entering the gates of Bree once again.He went to the inn dragging himslef up to a stool.<BR><BR>Ciruan collasped right after he pulled the dart from his arm...
Durin_The_Deathless
Citizen of Imladris

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)