The 10th Annual Male of Middle Earth Competition!

What do you think of Tolkien on the silver screen...? Whether Bakshi, Jackson, Amazon, BBC radio play, or whoever else, come on in and discuss your reflections, opinions, and memories...

The 10th Annual Male of Middle Earth Competition!

Postby rowanberry » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:32 am

The music at the ballroom of Dol Amroth Royal Hotel ceased, and the lights went out. Only a single spotlight focused on Rowanberry, as she entered the stage and grabbed the microphone.

“Ladies, gentlemen, and creatures of all kind, I wish all of you welcome to the Tenth Annual Male of Middle-earth Competition!

Our judges this year are:

Calma!
Heliona!
Rwhen!

Another spotlight was directed at the judges, who greeted the audience.

“And, let me introduce the most fabulous contestants and their sponsors:

Aragorn with notlistening!
Bergil with Lebasi!
Denethor with Gollum Girl!
Faramir with Tooks!
Fred the Ferret with Louie!
Gaffer Gamgee with Tosh!
Lindir, also known to some as Figwit, with Celebrindae!
Samwise with Martin!
The Black Serpent with Diya!
Thorondor with Cock-Robin!

And now, to the most interesting part: the program!

Week 1 (Oct 1 to Oct 7)
Red carpet and the opening banquet! Dress according to the event!

Week 2 (Oct 8 to Oct 14)
The Great Bandstand! Get your band together, and play a set on stage at the famous Cellar Club, where several more than successful rock bands started their career! Dress in whatever you would wear on the stage!

Week 3 (Oct 15 to Oct 21)
Surfin’ Middle Earth! Take your board and head to the beach, and show us your skills at surfing the mighty waves of the Belegaer! And at that, show us how fabulous you look in your swimwear!

Week 4 (Oct 21 to Oct 28 )
A Natural Work of Art! Paint, or otherwise make, a picture using materials from the nature – leaves, sand, shells, rocks, feathers, spices, whatever you can come up with! And, the week will end at the closing ball, where you can show your evening elegance!

So, without any further delay, I declare the contest opened! Let the best male win!”
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby Cixi » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:50 am

When the program was handed to her, her heart skipped a beat.

"What's wrong?" he asked. His eyes had never left her; at least that had not changed. Good to know that she still held some power over him. Maybe he'd do what she wanted of him.

"Nothing... Nothing we can't handle." She waved dismissively. "Get the suit in the wardrobe. The one that matches my purple dress." She heard him shuffle as she peered at the program again. There would be need of beautiful and useful bribes if she was to make up for the lack of artistic sense of the Serpent. Or teach him how to paint by the end of the week... Who could she bring in?

"I am ready. But are you sure?" She turned around; what in the name of the old gods was that? "Where did you find this?"
"It's not what I was supposed to put on. You said to wear the one that matches purple." He extended his arms. "It does match."
Great! "Yes, sure. That was not the one."
She walked past him and he took her in his arms.
"Don't. We have no time for that."
"But dear, there is always time. We are not expected before another few hours."
"No... There is work to be done." She shook herself out of his hold. Really, did he have to do this all the time? He had to realize she was no longer his slave. She took the suit she had in mind for him and gave it to him. "This one. You know how I told you you had to be at your best so people would like you. This is what we do now. So no messing around. Plus I have some people coming in to help."
"You do?"
"Of course I do, do you really expect me to be doing this by myself. I need help to turn you into someone likable to the public and the judges. I am no wizard you know."
"But you do find me likable, so what do I care about the others?"
"Alright, let me be clear. We are here to win this thing, or at least make the best show we can so people get a better idea of Harad. One that is not plagued by a stupid book alright? So we need help. I may be good, but not that good."

Why did he have to question everything? He was like a kid. Had he regressed while being wherever it was he had been when dead. A good thing the knock came at the door. She let in the team of experts she needed.

She also needed some help with a few extensions; the rest, she could do herself. And soon they were en route. They arrived at the Dol Amroth Royal fast enough.
"Alright so don't smile that cocky smile of yours, it won't look good on your face. And don't look mean."
"I look mean whether I smile or not."
"Not with that face. So behave."
"Alright, alright. Remind me why I am not allowed my weapons here?"
"Really, you have to ask. It's supposed to be a party."
"Well a party without a kill ain't a party if you ask me."
She rolled her eyes.
"Here it is. You'll get your weapons later at the banquet. It more often than not turns into a fight that's why I had our change of clothes brought here. We can go?"
He pouted. She raised an eyebrow.
"Fine."
"Good." She flashed him a smile. "And be nice with the journalist will you?"

And she got out of the car first, helped by one of the security people. The flashes of the camera came to her but she did not pose, not just yet. Walking up confidently in the short yet classy purple dress she looked at the announcer only.

"Please welcome on the carpet, Diya al Din." Now she smiled and pose. "And her most dashing and fearful companion... the Black Serpent."

A silence came over the crowd for just a moment, before her companion stepped out of the car. For a moment there she was proud; he did look dashing and handsome. The crowd - especially the girls - went wild.

One step at a time. Then the journalists would come.
Cixi
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:41 am

Tooks took a deep breath.

"We can do this," she said to noone in particular.

A distracted Faramir looked up. "What?"

"Nothing! Get dressed. A suit. A nice one....no...wait. Um....here, let me pick one out for you..."

Tooks opened the closet and started to rummage about....

Autumn!!!!

--------------------------------------
(for Calma)
---------------------------------
Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby Martin the Warrior » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:46 am

Martin stepped out of a blue police box, "So, Doctor, this is Middle Earth?"

"Yes, and if we got the time, right, it's just in time for the Men of Middle Earth, or MOME, as the locals call it." Men run by saying let's get out of here, "I'll pick you up in a month, Oh, and your contestant, is Samwise."

"How, do you know that?"

"Because he's standing right behind you with a giant sign, he looks ready for the banquet."

"But I'm not."

"Trust me, you don't want to look good for this event, any ways, good luck, I'm needed back on Earth, for a nice well deserved holiday, good luck and watch out for that twin of yours."

"Bye!" Martin turns around, "So, your my contestant, let's go in."

With no triumphant march Martin and Sam walked in and sat down just to find themselves surrounded by photographers.

"I feel so underdressed," Martin understated in a blue wool sweater and jeans.
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Gollum Girl » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:38 pm

[Um, I've never done this before. So if this wrong...please...tell mee.....:D]

Gollum Girl huffed as she tried her best to straighten Denethor's impossibly greasy and curly hair.
I've got my work cut out for me
she thought as she tried to frustratingly fix his hair.

"Okay we so need to dye this hair. Grey? Soo not in style right now, Denethor. And boy, what the heck you wearin'?"
She flipped her hair and puckered her lips. Denethor rolled his eyes.

"We'll need some of them there robes for fashion. And....maybe make-up...." she drifted off as she thought. Denethor let out an impossibly loud groan.

"And remember to share yo hips boy, whatever happens!"
Gollum Girl
Shield Bearer

Postby notlistening » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:27 pm

"So, We're invited to another MOME event, I see." Mal said, propping his booted feet up on the flight console much to Wash's annoyance.

"Yep. I have last year's crown to defend." she smiled at Mal. "Though secretly I think they gave it to Boromir as a pity prize so he would stop coming back from the dead to play."

"My question is, when are they gonna honour us big damn heroes and have a Men of Firefly thingy?" Mal wanted to know. "I could be the king of all Londinium and wear a shiny hat?"

"There are only about 6 of us. Not many to play with, so to speak." Wash added, galloping a toy dinosaur across the flight console.

"6?" nl asked, counting on her fingers. "Oh, I assume you are counting Zoe as being manly 'cause she could kick all your butts to Reaver territory?"

"True." Mal agreed, nodding at Wash. "Or we could include Badger, the little git..."

"Anyways, I say we go pick up his Gondorian majesty and get moving to the Dol Amroth Royal Hotel." nl cut in before the boys got truely off topic. "I've arranged a pick up at the Pelennor Plains Home for Retired Rangers."

"We're already there, notlistening." Wash told her, setting his toys aside and carefully landing Serenity like a downly feather. She hadn't even felt them touching ground.

"Right." Mal said, standing up and stretching until his back cracked. "Let's get his high and mightiness settled in all snug. Say, are we gonna need some...let's say, under the table dealings to sweeten his road to success?" Mal asked as nl followed him down to the hold. Kaylee was lowering the ramp.

"I'm thinking that we may need to acquire some choice items." nl agreed. "Usual cut of course." She wandered out onto the plain, sheilding her eyes from the glare. Where was her contestant? Had he changed his mind?

Aragorn came riding out of the west seated on Brego, his saddle bags fit to bursting.

"Well met, Aragorn King." she said, bowing in his presence. Mal just lounged against the side of his ship.

Aragorn inclined his head and rode straight up the ramp, horse shoes clattering on the hard metal surface.

"Hey, you can park that animal there!" Mal shouted as Aragorn dismounted and handed Brego's reins to a blushing Kaylee.

"He's mighty pretty." Kaylee said to nl.

"Who? The horse or Aragron?" she asked, winking at the younger girl.

"It is a pleasure to see you again, notlistening, Captain, and who is this pretty young thing?" he asked as Kaylee giggled and went to tie Brego up secure-like and closed the hold ramp back up.

"Notlistening..." Mal said, bristling with frustration. "You know I don't like livestock on my boat."

"Why? You had the cows...and those black market beagles with the small droppings." she said, recalling earlier cargo manifests.

"Yes. The point is, it took days to scrape the mess up and the smell lasted for weeks. I ain't cleaning it up this time. The King should know we ain't his servants and any mess is coming out of his share of the MOME winnings." Mal declared.

"Anything you say, dear one." she said sweetly, patting his stubbled cheek. "Now Aragorn, I've a few thoughts on the first task..." she started to say, leading the King of Gondor up to the galley while Mal fumed in the hold.

"Nothing ever goes smooth." Mal groused as Brego tried to chew on the edge of his brown coat.
TVM...the best place in the 'verse.
notlistening
wandering not lost

Postby Cute_and_CuddlyRaccoons » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:48 am

"I'm so excited to be back at MoME," Fred beamed at Louie.

"Don't get too excited just yet. We have a job to do first."

"Yea? What's that?"

"Faramir hired me to help him out."

"What? You're workin' for the competition?" Fred was stymied.

"Not to worry. Helping Faramir helps us. You'll see."

Fred nodded. Louie was always righit.
Cute_and_CuddlyRaccoons
Rider of the Mark

Postby rwhen » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:19 am

Rwhen made it to the Dol Amroth royal hotel just hours before MoME was officially announced open and the events read by Rowanberry. The suite that had been assigned her was large but not too large as to feel overwhelmed.

Her gown had been treated to repel food and liquids and she carried a small black parasol for the eventual food fight.

The contestants and their sponsors looked good this year and she was excited for the coming events and of course...the bribes!!

When she arrived at the ballroom the judges table was shown to her swiftly. She looked for heliona and Calma, but they had yet to arrive. Sitting comfortably she nodded to Samwise and The Black Serpent.
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Yes Ayslhyn, I do still remember.

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:20 am

“What kind of suit is this?” Faramir was puzzled.

“It’s a special MoME suit,” Tooks replied. “Calma provided the du…um, material.”

“It has a very odd texture for cloth…”

“Yes! Perfect for the red carpet and especially the subsequent ‘banquet’. Let’s go…”

Tooks and Faramir stopped for one more look in the mirror before they went out the door…

Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby Calma » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:10 am

Calma pulled herself out of the hold Tooks had shoved her into and made her way to Dol Amroth. Finding her suite she showered and changed into her gown then made her way to the banquet hall. Stopping at the concession stand, she purchased a pocket poncho just in case.

Finding her table, she nodded to rwhen across the room then ordered a Coke and watched as the contestants began to trickle in. She especially noted Faramir’s snappy little number made of a material she was very familiar with.
The RealMcCoy!!!

Join the fun InThe TVM

ImageCAT LOVERS GUILD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!
:D Wins: 2
:x Losses:

Fair winds and following seas.....Toby.

:rose: Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan... toby ... Cock Robin

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby Cute_and_CuddlyRaccoons » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:59 pm

As he headed for the table, Faramir felt a tug on his pant leg. He looked down to see Louie.

"It's all set," Louie whispered. "It happens tonight."

Faramir nodded without saying a word. Soon he would be a free man... free from Tooks and MoME!!!
Cute_and_CuddlyRaccoons
Rider of the Mark

Postby Gollum Girl » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:43 am

Although Denethor himself was not very pleased with his somewhat feminine outfit, he finally agreed to go out where everyone else was waiting.

Gollum Girl put a bouncy dress on herself and applied some make-up, making sure to hit just the right spots. "Alright, let's get a move on."

They took a seat at the far end of the table, smiling.
Gollum Girl
Shield Bearer

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:06 pm

Tooks happily walked through the dining room, stopping to talk to all the other attendees. She thought it was great that they were all there for the 10th running of MoME. She felt a tear come to her eye, and tried to brush it away without anyone noticing.

“Sniff.”

She turned to say something to Faramir but he had dropped back a bit to say hello to notlistening. Tooks shrugged and continued to her seat. Once he got there they could get something to eat. In the meantime, she was feeling the need for some strong drink….

Autumn!!!!

(for Calma)
Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby Calma » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:34 pm

Before the remaining contestants and judges arrived, Calma went through the buffet line, grabbing up a generous supply of shrimp and lobster and returning to her table to eat it before the inevitable food fight began....
The RealMcCoy!!!

Join the fun InThe TVM

:rose: Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan... toby ... Cock Robin

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby Cute_and_CuddlyRaccoons » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:36 pm

Fred took his position at the end of the buffet table, near the roast duck. He could smell the succulent juices, and he felt himself starting to drool a bit.

"Focus, Fred. Pay attention," he told himself. "You can have plenty of duck later." He waited for a sign from Louie.

Faramir also walked to the end of the table, nodding slightly as he passed Fred. He was nervous. This had better work or he had to deal with Tooks the rest of the month.

He look anxiously towards Louie, waiting for the sign.

But Louie had been sidetracked by one of the judges... Faramir sighed.

Fred drooled some more. He sidled closer to the duck. Maybe he could grab just one morsel. Louie wouldn't mind...right? Their plan was easy. They would fake Faramir's death using a fake skewer. Fred would drop it, Faramir would fall on it, releasing ketchup all over the place. Faramir would play dead and the hotel staff (already paid off) would haul him out. It was perfect! ....just like that duck...

Fred turned his back and reached for the duck just as Louie had a free moment to give the sekrit sign. Faramir took a deep breath and turned to take a step. He 'tripped' over a chair leg and began to fall.

Fred turned just to see it all start without him. In a panic, and his mouth full of roast duck, he jumped towards Faramir, drawing the skewer. A piece of the duck went flying through the air and landed on Calma's plate. Lobster bisque flew everywhere.

In the meantime, Faramir fell skewerless to the floor, Fred was choking on duck, and Louie shook his head as he saw the first bowl of pasta fly across the room.....
Cute_and_CuddlyRaccoons
Rider of the Mark

Postby Calma » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:32 pm

Lobster bisque about to land, Calma jumped out of her chair and found a clean corner to don her pocket poncho. She returned to her place, grabbed up her large shrimp cocktail then returned to her corner to watch the fun.
The RealMcCoy!!!

Join the fun InThe TVM

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby Celebrindae » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:46 am

A sleek black car pulled up at the start of the red carpet, and a voice announced, “Lindir of Rivendell.”

There was some polite applause from the crowd, punctuated with whispers of “What'd he say? Who’s Lindy?” This turned into a burst cheers and squeals as Figwit emerged from the car, dressed in a stylish tuxedo robe. He smiled graciously and waved to the crowd.

A few moments later, the sound of a drumroll was heard, and a blindingly white stretch limo appeared, turning onto the carpet and coming to a screeching halt half a metre behind Figwit. The disembodied voice spoke up again: “And now, presenting the Prince of Mirkwood and Male of Middle Earth 2009... it’s LEGOLAS GREENLEAF!”

Legolas emerged from the limo, dressed in an elaborate golden robe and accompanied by several dozen green-clad footmen, courtiers, bodyguards and assorted dogsbodies. Swishing his hair and preening for the cameras, Legolas spent several minutes basking in the squeals of the fangirls before Figwit managed to get his attention. The noise from the crowd died down abruptly, as the two elves embraced and several of the more excitable fangirls passed out.

“Greetings from Rivendell, Prince Legolas. I didn’t know that you were coming to MoME this year?”

“Hiya Figwit, I didn’t notice you there-“

“It’s Lindir,” Figwit corrected sharply.

“Right, Lindit. Well, Daddy’s been lecturing me about spending too much time buying jewellery and posing for portraits and not doing enough princing, so I volunteered to come down here to do some dipplemacky.”

Figwit raised a questioning eyebrow. “Dipplemacky?”

“Yeah, you know, meeting other royals, extending the hand of friendship, cutting ribbons, that sort of thing. Hopefully I can get it all over with quickly and spend the rest of the month working on my tan. Although if you’re competing, I suppose I could give you some pointers on how to win,” Legolas offered, looking over Figwit’s outfit with a critical eye.

“Many thanks, but I trust that won’t be necessary,” he replied stiffly.

“Oh well, your loss. See ya later, Lindor.”

With a final flounce, Legolas snapped his fingers, hopped into the silk-curtained sedan chair that appeared in front of him, and was swiftly borne away.
Celebrindae
Rider of the Mark

Postby Gollum Girl » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:21 am

Gollum Girl squealed and hit a massive turkey off the table and took the silver plate that was under it to use as a shield. Denethor's dress! she thought in panic. It will be ruined! And there's no way to clean it out, either! It's far too fancy for that!

Maybe setting off a bomb would help protect it.....Perfect logic! she thought.
Gollum Girl
Shield Bearer

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:52 am

Tooks closed her eyes quickly when she saw a whole pie careening towards her face.

"Mmmmm. Banana creme," she murmured to noone in particular. She stood up and felt around the table for a clean napkin. She tripped over something and fell with an 'oof' on the floor. She wiped her eyes with the tablecloth and found herself sitting beside Faramir as he lay face down.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

"I'm dying," he answered.

"Really? How?"

"See all this blood?" He raised himself a bit and pointed the red stains over the front of his suit.

Tooks swiped a bit and tasted it... "It's ketchup.... Heinz I think. You aren't dying!" She slapped him on the back. "Come on, get up and have some fun."

"But...but....didn't I fall on something sharp?"

Tooks looked around. "Nope. Nothing here. But if you want to see sharp!!!! Did you see that red dress your father is wearing?"

Faramir shrugged. "He has a whole closet of 'em."

Faramir and Tooks got to their feet with care. From across the room, Louie watched and then quietly and quickly exited the banquet hall....
Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby Cock-Robin » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:11 pm

The next arrival came with a screech and a gust of wings. Thorondor, lord of the Eagles, had come at last. He landed with a rustle of feathers. "I am here." he said. "And now let the festivities begin." He needed no tux or other clothing. His appearance was regal enough. A golden collar was his only concession to fashion.

Happy New Year!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Celebrindae » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:42 pm

Cel smiled approvingly as Figwit made his entrance into the banquet hall, drawing appreciative glances from many of the female, and more than a few male, guests. Waving to catch his attention, she then motioned him towards the judges. Figwit obediently introduced himself to Calma, Heliona and rwhen with a graceful bow and a kiss of the hand, before presenting each of the three women with an exquisite jewelled brooch. Cel watched closely as he stood talking to them, trying to work out whether Heliona’s expression was one of dreamy captivation, or if she’d merely glazed over with boredom. She was so intent upon the group, that she didn’t even notice the poached salmon flying through the air towards her...
Celebrindae
Rider of the Mark

Postby Calma » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:07 pm

Admiring the elegant brooch, Calma took one step back from Figwit and Cel...

"Duck!" was her warning cry.
The RealMcCoy!!!

Join the fun InThe TVM

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby Celebrindae » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:25 am

Figwit reacted with elvish speed, ripping the tablecloth from the table and shielding the judges with it, but Cel froze, gaping dumbly at the oncoming fish.

“Hai-yah!”

Suddenly, an elf maiden in Mirkwood-green leapt in front of Cel swinging a large baguette, and whacked the salmon clear across the hall.

“Oh my gosh, thank you!” Cel exclaimed, recovering her composure. “That salmon was going to hit me- it would have gotten all over me...”

The elf grinned. “I know, right? And that would’ve totally sucked, ‘cause that dress is, like, so cute on you.” She flicked a flake of salmon off her baguette and wrinkled her nose. “Ugh, fish is gross... who is that?”
Celebrindae
Rider of the Mark

Postby Cute_and_CuddlyRaccoons » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:27 am

Fred noticed that Louie seemed to have disappeared, but he was having a good time at the banquet. He had found another table with roast duck, so he pulled up a chair and was prepared to feast. Just then he saw a huge eagle land 20 paces away.

:shock:

Eyeing the large sharp talons, Fred decided it was the better part of valor to grab the duck and go under the table the eat it. One could never be too safe, right????

He never noticed the commotion at the doorway...
Cute_and_CuddlyRaccoons
Rider of the Mark

Postby Gollum Girl » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:01 pm

Meanwhile, Gollum Girl was setting up a bomb, set to explode in about 2 hours. That should teach these loonies a lesson!

Denethor was grumbling to himself, angry that his son had seen him in such a state and even angrier that he was actually enjoying wearing the dress somewhat. He took a plate of food and sat down in a corner, furious. Then he spotted the eagle. Slowly, he began to grin. He might be able to use the beast to his own advantage....but first he would have to get on the eagle's best side.
Gollum Girl
Shield Bearer

Postby Celebrindae » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:32 pm

The elf maiden stared dreamily at Figwit, who was gallantly defending the judges with a silver platter and carving fork.

“Him? Oh, that’s Figwit,” Cel informed her.

“Figwit,” she repeated softly.

Hearing the name, Figwit scowled, then turned around and noticed her for the first time. As their eyes locked, his frown melted away, and they gazed at each other in wonder, oblivious to the chaos around them. Dropping his fork and platter, Figwit stepped towards her and was about to speak, when a piercing scream rose up above the general clamour.

“Aaiiii!!!!11 My robe!!111”

Pulling her eyes away from Figwit's with obvious reluctance, the elf maiden looked across the banquet hall to where Legolas was wailing hysterically over his once-golden gown, now stained purple with borscht.

“Aw, crud,” she muttered. “Hey, I’ve gotta run, but look me up later, yeah? I’m with Leggy’s guard- my name’s Tauriel.”
Celebrindae
Rider of the Mark

Postby Cock-Robin » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:02 pm

Thorondor entered the banquet hall, observing the mayhem. His sharp eyes caught the salmon flying through the air directly at him.

With a lightining-fast move, he downed the salmon with one peck. He was not Lord of the Eagles for nothing. But he strode among those there, lord of all he surveyed.

Messenger of Manwë. Lord of the Eagles. Many were his titles. Foe of Morgoth.

He nodded towards the judges. "To fly is a delightful pleasure. Maybe one day I can show you."

Happy New Year!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby rwhen » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:47 am

rwhen had adorned her dress with the lovely jeweled broach and thought that it was a nice way to start the bribing process. Figwit was doing an outstanding job of deflecting food from the judges table, but it was all going cattywampus as normal.

Seeing Thorondor arrive was a sight, she would love to see him soar high and far some day.

It appeared that Faramir wasn't dying after all and that rascal Louie was hightailing it out of the banquet hall. Denethor was rather amazing in his red gown, odd but amazing.

A note was passed to her by the concierge who ended up with a face full of cherry cobbler for his efforts. The note contained the sad news that notlistening and Aragorn had to withdraw from this years MoME. On that note, rwhen withdrew to her room to clean up and get some rest before the Bandstand competition began.
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Yes Ayslhyn, I do still remember.

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:59 am

“Aren’t you done yet?” Tooks yelled over the sound of the shower in the next room.

“No! This ketchup is sticky stuff….”

“Well, I’m getting your stuff ready for this week’s competition. This is gonna be electrifying!!” Tooks smiled in anticipation…..

Autumn!!!!

(for Calma)
Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby Cute_and_CuddlyRaccoons » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:02 am

“Ok, here’s the new plan,” Louie said as he and Fred met over breakfast.
“I snuck into Tooks room and got a look at her idea for Faramir’s music gig. I know just how to fix it so Faramir is out of the contest and home free.”

“What about my music gig?” Fred asked.

“Huh? Do whatever you want. Now……here’s what we’re gonna do for Faramir……”

But Fred didn’t listen very closely. He was thinking of his dream to play the drums…..
Cute_and_CuddlyRaccoons
Rider of the Mark

Next

Return to Movies and Media: Tolkien