Fantastic Beasts

Come here and discuss your favorite Non-Tolkien movies, TV shows, radio plays, etc.

Fantastic Beasts

Postby Thor 'n' Oakenshield » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:44 am

Now that the second film of this franchise is soon to be released, I was wondering if any of you here have seen the first one (Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them), what you thought of it, and if you are planning to see the second (The Crimes Of Grindelwald). Personally, I like Fantastic Beasts better than Harry Potter, but that could just be me. I like the darkness and the sense of mystery that seems to be building in this series. Share your thoughts!
Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rider of the Mark

Re: Fantastic Beasts

Postby Thor 'n' Oakenshield » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:33 pm

And now that I've seen the second Fantastic Beasts?
My verdict is...

GREAT! My second favorite movie after Wonder Woman! A spellbinding and wonderful adventure into the Wizarding World - this movie has officially made 2018 a year of great movies! I loved it!
Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rider of the Mark

Postby Morwenna » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:44 pm

It is a fascinating movie. Have you seen Crimes of Grindelwald yet? There is so much yet untold that I for one am on the edge of my seat waiting for the next one (HOW long in the future??). I've decided that if I'm going to keep up with all the multiple-movie arcs out there I'm going to have to live forever.
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Postby Thor 'n' Oakenshield » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:36 am

Morwenna wrote:It is a fascinating movie. Have you seen Crimes of Grindelwald yet? There is so much yet untold that I for one am on the edge of my seat waiting for the next one (HOW long in the future??). I've decided that if I'm going to keep up with all the multiple-movie arcs out there I'm going to have to live forever.

Yeah, it's gonna be a long wait, unfortunately - the third film comes out in November, 2021. I am also very excited to see what's in store for my two favorite characters, Newt and Queenie.

As a side-note, I reread my brief little review of the film from last year...

Thor 'n' Oakenshield wrote:My verdict is...

GREAT! My second favorite movie after Wonder Woman! A spellbinding and wonderful adventure into the Wizarding World - this movie has officially made 2018 a year of great movies! I loved it!

I feel like I must have come across as bizarrely hyper. :lol: Crimes of Grindelwald is good, at least in my opinion, but it is certainly no longer my second-favorite movie.
Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rider of the Mark

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:38 pm

Thor'n I have seen and love both of the movies!!! I hope they continue to make more along this line. I was impressed how they are bringing in characters that we get to know in Harry Potter stories like Nagini! Gives a new light on that character for me. I own them as well.

I find these movies very entertaining and fun!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of Calma she passed away on 07/05/19 ! RIP dear lady! :rose:
Primula Baggins passed away on 02/27/19
Cockrobin has passed away on 02/18/2019 Rest in the arms of Jesus my friend!
oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Thor 'n' Oakenshield » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:09 am

The third film is set to begin filming early next year, according to Eddie Redmayne. Can't wait!
Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rider of the Mark

Return to Movies and Media: Other