The Dark Forest

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby Jareth » Sun Sep 10, 2000 6:45 pm

Jared reached the dark forest at last and hesitated before stepping in.He came to a fallen tree trunk and sat down to rest. "Oh why do my parents hate me so?," he muttered, "I miss them so much."<BR><BR><BR><BR>He scuffed his foot in the dirt and looked down.<BR><BR>He saw something shining under the soft earth.<BR><BR>He reached down and picked it up.It was a ring...<BR><BR><BR><BR>"What is this?," he whispered to himself,studying the ring.He had no idea,so he placed it in his belt and looked around.<BR><BR><BR><BR>"Hello?," he shouted, "can anybody hear me?."<BR><BR>He didn't feel comfortable being alone.<BR><BR>He waits.
User avatar
Jareth
Rider of the Mark
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2000 7:12 pm
Top

Postby Tempest » Mon Sep 11, 2000 7:16 am

<i>"Hello. Who are you?"</i> a voice replied from the trees. There was a flurry of leaves and then the speaker was standing in front of him. It was a woman clad in green and grey. Her bright eyes studied Jared for a moment and then she reached out and touched his face. <i>"Greetings!"</i> she said with a laugh. He noticed the bow on her back, but she wasn't threatening. Her grey eyes were questioning and he realized that he had not spoken yet. She was waiting for an answer.
User avatar
Tempest
Ranger of the North


 
Posts: 4911
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2000 8:12 am
Location: Wandering in the wilds
Top

Postby Eldfess » Mon Sep 11, 2000 1:40 pm

Then, a rather large figure appeared seemingly from out of nowhere. <BR> <BR>"I am Os'álus brother to Seres El, the Eldfess. I am his kin and an E'ldfe'ss-Ael. I had not expected to meet anyone on this road, but I had to stop when I saw you Tempest. My brother has spoken so much about you. And who is this?" This last he asks motioning to Jared.
User avatar
Eldfess
Ranger of the North

 
Posts: 1484
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2000 5:12 pm
Top

Postby Erandil_Duiniant » Mon Sep 11, 2000 2:15 pm

Erandil shoulders her pack and prepares to continue on her way. She walks along, one hand swinging at her side, the other resting on a silver sword hilt. Suddenly she stops, hearing someone calling from up ahead. She stood silent a moment listening. Yes, there were other voices coming from the same direction. Although she was only in her early 20s, she had spent nearly all her life wandering. <BR> <BR>Brushing a lock of roughly cut black hair away from her face, she prepairs to aproach whoever it was she had herd. Checking to make sure the folds of her dark blue cloak cover the long sword that hangs at her side, Erandil heads in the direction the voices and the call had come from.
User avatar
Erandil_Duiniant
Ranger of the North

 
Posts: 1470
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2000 8:03 am
Top

Postby Scarcon » Mon Sep 11, 2000 6:05 pm

Scarcon whistles as he travels down a lonely path. "Hmm, strange" he thinks out loud, "I believe the lyrics to this song are, we are........ fishes? No, we are CATCHING fishes." As Scarcon remembers the song he joyfully starts loudly singing "WE ARE CATCHING FISHES! WE ARE CATCHING FISHES! WE........" <BR>Stops as he realizes a group not to far away staring at him like he was some kind of crazy man. Embarrased he nods to Tempest and extended his hand to the stranger. <BR>"Oops uhh I guess I didn't see you there. Umm, I'm Scarcon."
User avatar
Scarcon
Shield Bearer
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2000 7:18 am
Top

Postby Jareth » Mon Sep 11, 2000 9:05 pm

Jared nervously stands up and bows low in friendly greeting.He hadn't quite expected so many replies to his call. "Hello," he said to them, "my name is Jared and I'm lost.I'm looking for something,but I've no idea where to even begin." He took a step back as he heard a terrible voice singing.The stranger stopped,seemingly embarrassed and everyone was staring at him.Jared flashed him a pleasant smile. "Hello," he said, "what's that you were singing?." <BR>Then,he remembered about the ring.He took it out and showed them all. "Can you tell me what this is?," he asks them,curiously, "perhaps it belongs to one of you?." <BR>He thought maybe one of them had dropped it.
User avatar
Jareth
Rider of the Mark
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2000 7:12 pm
Top

Postby Eldfess » Tue Sep 12, 2000 6:45 pm

Eldfess spoke up. <BR> <BR>"It looks like a ring from my family. However, I could be mistaken. There are many guilds in the north, and many have similar crests. Where are you from?"
User avatar
Eldfess
Ranger of the North

 
Posts: 1484
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2000 5:12 pm
Top

Postby Jareth » Tue Sep 12, 2000 7:24 pm

"I am not from here," Jared replied, "I am from a place to the east of here.I used to look out and see this forest everyday,I had to come and see it close up." <BR> <BR>He hands the ring over. "Take a closer look," he suggests. <BR> <BR>"I have a sort-of twin brother," he continues, "we look almost the same,only he has his hair quite different.His name is Jareth and he rules the goblins of the Labyrinth.But that is miles away and I don't wish to have the same life as he.I don't want to sound melodramatic,but I'm searching for MY place in the world,not my brother's."
User avatar
Jareth
Rider of the Mark
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2000 7:12 pm
Top

Postby Jareth » Tue Sep 12, 2000 7:29 pm

Jared shifted nervously.He wasn't used to being around so many people. <BR>It was a comfort,though.Much better than being alone.Maybe someone needed his help for something? <BR>He would gladly help anyone who asked.
User avatar
Jareth
Rider of the Mark
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2000 7:12 pm
Top

Postby Erandil_Duiniant » Wed Sep 13, 2000 1:43 pm

"That's perfectly understandable," says Erandil, suddenly stepping into veiw of the group. "You will find a place, I bellieve." She stops, studdying him closely.
User avatar
Erandil_Duiniant
Ranger of the North

 
Posts: 1470
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2000 8:03 am
Top

Postby Eldfess » Wed Sep 13, 2000 3:00 pm

Os'álus took a closer look at the ring. Upon closer inspection, he thought it looked more like a ring of power. But that was impossible. However, it was obvious that it contained power. Who was this strange person?
User avatar
Eldfess
Ranger of the North

 
Posts: 1484
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2000 5:12 pm
Top

Postby Tempest » Wed Sep 13, 2000 4:15 pm

<i>"Hmmm. Let me see,"</i> Tempest said as she swept the ring from Eldfess' hand. She studied for a moment, turning it over in the light. A surge of power eminated from it, and she dropped it quickly onto the ground. Tempest shot a look at Eldfess. <i>"I don't like the looks of that. I wonder who it belongs to."</i>
User avatar
Tempest
Ranger of the North


 
Posts: 4911
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2000 8:12 am
Location: Wandering in the wilds
Top

Postby Scarcon » Wed Sep 13, 2000 5:18 pm

Scarcon bent down and touched the ring carefully. Seeing it was harmless at the moment he picked it up again, took a quick look at it and then realizing he had no clue what the heck it was he handed to Erandil. <BR>"I have no clue what it is. Do you know anything about it?"
User avatar
Scarcon
Shield Bearer
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2000 7:18 am
Top

Postby Jareth » Wed Sep 13, 2000 7:10 pm

Jared didn't like the way she was studying him,but opted to remain silent about it. "I found it just here," he explained,pointing to scuffed dirt, "it was half buried." <BR>He decided these people were nice so far and he thanked his lucky stars they weren't anything like his brother...
User avatar
Jareth
Rider of the Mark
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2000 7:12 pm
Top

Postby Erandil_Duiniant » Wed Sep 13, 2000 8:12 pm

Erandil shakes her head as she looks at the ring. <BR> <BR>"I don't know. It certainly is not just an ordinary ring, but beyond that, I'm at a loss. The rings of power are gone, otherwise I would liken it to one of them." <BR> <BR>She hands the ring back to Jared.
User avatar
Erandil_Duiniant
Ranger of the North

 
Posts: 1470
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2000 8:03 am
Top

Postby Jareth » Thu Sep 14, 2000 12:55 am

Jared puts the ring back where he had it before. <BR> <BR>"Are you travelling?," he asked them all at once, "perhaps someone could use my company for a while?."
User avatar
Jareth
Rider of the Mark
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2000 7:12 pm
Top

Postby Erandil_Duiniant » Thu Sep 14, 2000 7:39 am

Erandil shrugs. "I'm always wandering from place to place. You're welcome to come along if you like, though I'm afraid I can't give you much of a destination. Aimless wandering might not apeal to you that much." She looks at Jared and then at Tempest, Eldfess(OOC: Eldfess, should we call you Eldfess or Os'alus?), and Scarcon. She wondered briefly who this boy was and where he came from. But that was not really any of her business. She wouldn't mind traveling with a companion, but scence she didn't know where she was going herself, she didn't want him to end up with the same placeless feeling he had now.
User avatar
Erandil_Duiniant
Ranger of the North

 
Posts: 1470
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2000 8:03 am
Top

Postby Eldfess » Thu Sep 14, 2000 12:53 pm

(OOC It is Eldfess. I am want in most threads to name the character if it is not Eldfess. However, I may forget and so I am glad of your question.) <BR> <BR>Eldfess picked the ring back up from the ground. <BR> <BR>"This ring contains a goodly amount of power How much, I know not. However, it is not good just to let it lie. If it is dangerous we must destroy it. If not, we may use it. However, we hold it and so we are responsible for it whatever it may be."
User avatar
Eldfess
Ranger of the North

 
Posts: 1484
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2000 5:12 pm
Top

Postby Scarcon » Thu Sep 14, 2000 5:09 pm

(OOC: If you think this is stupid just turn down my offer.)<BR>Scarcon sat down and said, "Sadly my reason of travel is not so innocent. I am paid to assasinate and such things, it's just what I do. Please don't be alarmed, I only kill evil. Anyway, I encountered two poor looking hobbits on my way here that told me their quiet village was being enslaved by some tribe of goblins and trolls. Also, they told me that this tribe was not led be a goblin or troll but a human. They told me little of who he was, because they fled as soon as they could. This intrigued me though because I had known a man once, since my childhood. When he was very young his parents were killed and my parents took him in. A few years later, he learned of his parents fate and ran away. I met up with him again and he had nothing in his heart but hatred for me and my family and other people because he thinks we could've saved saved his family. My brother and I tried to reason with him but it ended up in a fight. That's how I got this scar and it led to my brother, Axanthar's death and eternal service to the devil. I have a feeling this might be the man, and I intend to find him and kill him. Only then, will my brother be released from the control of the devil. I offer my quest to you. I need all the help I can get. Perhaps this ring will be usefull also. Would you like to join me or not?"<BR>Scarcon looks up and waits<BR>
User avatar
Scarcon
Shield Bearer
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2000 7:18 am
Top

Postby Tempest » Thu Sep 14, 2000 5:58 pm

Tempest turned and studied Scarcon for a moment. His face was flushed and his eyes were angry. She had no reason for putting herself in danger for anyone, but something stopped her. A vague memory of her own village being attacked. With a pang, she realized that she could not just walk away. <BR><BR><i>"I will come with you. My sword will be of much help. I cannot turn my back when innocents are dying. As for the ring, I sense some strange power within it, and I know not if it be evil or good."</i>
User avatar
Tempest
Ranger of the North


 
Posts: 4911
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2000 8:12 am
Location: Wandering in the wilds
Top

Postby Erandil_Duiniant » Thu Sep 14, 2000 7:02 pm

Erandil sighs heavily. She knew only too well what it was like to loose those dear to her. But unlike most she met who had suffered loss, she had only herself to blame. She shakes her thoughts back to the present and looks at Scarcon. Well, she had nothing better to do at the moment.<BR><BR>"Very well, I shall come. If I can help you, I will. I'm not exactly a harmles wanderer."<BR><BR>She pulls back her cloak and rests her hand lightly on her sword hilt before letting her cloak fall back in place.
User avatar
Erandil_Duiniant
Ranger of the North

 
Posts: 1470
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2000 8:03 am
Top

Postby Jareth » Thu Sep 14, 2000 8:01 pm

Jared is horrified. "You want to kill my brother?," he gasps, "but...but...but."<BR>He is speechless.
User avatar
Jareth
Rider of the Mark
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2000 7:12 pm
Top

Postby Scarcon » Fri Sep 15, 2000 2:09 pm

Scarcon stared at Jared. "I don't know anything about your brother, but I DO know that I'm going to kill the man my parents brought up and in return, he hates us and attacked us and killed my brother!"
User avatar
Scarcon
Shield Bearer
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2000 7:18 am
Top

Postby Eldfess » Fri Sep 15, 2000 2:33 pm

Eldfess looked up at this. "What mean you by this? This ring is what we should adress first. It bears striking resemblance to those rings of power controlled by the One Ring. Despite the fact that those rings of power have been destroyed, if it bears resemblance it may have been made by the same power. We must know if it will attack the soul the same way. What would you do if suddenly there were another Witch King becoming a wraith? I leave this to you."
User avatar
Eldfess
Ranger of the North

 
Posts: 1484
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2000 5:12 pm
Top

Postby Jareth » Fri Sep 15, 2000 6:38 pm

"I apologise," Jared bowed again, "I wasn't listening properly,I was distracted by the ring.I can't seem to look away from it."<BR><BR>His eyes return to the ring and he seems in a trance-like state.<BR><BR>"The man you seek isn't my brother," he says, "Jareth's goblins don't leave the Labyrinth and we are not called 'human'.We are Fae Lords."<BR><BR>He reaches out to the ring and as his hand gets closer,so his eyes glow a deepening red...<BR><BR>"I'll go with you," he grins, "when do we begin?."
User avatar
Jareth
Rider of the Mark
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2000 7:12 pm
Top

Postby Scarcon » Fri Sep 15, 2000 7:37 pm

Scarcon saw what was taking over Jared and snatched the ring and tossed it to Eldfess.<BR>"You should keep that safe, you seem to know the most about it." Turning to Jared, "Apology accepted my friend a mere mistake you made.<BR>Well then, we should probably take stock first of what we have. I have what I need. But I guess we could all use horses. Jared you seem to know this area, where can we get horses?"
User avatar
Scarcon
Shield Bearer
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2000 7:18 am
Top

Postby Tempest » Fri Sep 15, 2000 7:45 pm

<i>"There is a pleasant inn not far from here. We could buy horses there and rest for the night. Everything looks clearer in the morning light anyway. Come on,"</i> she said, motioning with her hands,<i> "Let's get moving."</i>
User avatar
Tempest
Ranger of the North


 
Posts: 4911
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2000 8:12 am
Location: Wandering in the wilds
Top

Postby Erandil_Duiniant » Sat Sep 16, 2000 1:30 pm

"A good idea," says Erandil, turning to follow Tempest. Then she stops and glances over her shoulder at Eldfess, still holding the ring. Why had Jared acted so strangely while he was holding it? Her own guesses were not leading anywhere. Oh well, she supposed they would find out eventualy. She turns back and continues after Tempest.
User avatar
Erandil_Duiniant
Ranger of the North

 
Posts: 1470
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2000 8:03 am
Top

Postby Freahelm » Sat Sep 16, 2000 2:35 pm

At the inn, the innkeeper bustled about. It wasn't too busy tonight, but that didn't stop him from looking like he might collapse at any moment from over-exertion. But that was to be expected, considering his almost circular form.<BR><BR>He paused for a moment to mop his brow, his features relaxing for a moment when there came a knock at the door. He assumed a look of harried patience coupled with exhaustion again, and rushed to answer it.
User avatar
Freahelm
Rider of the Mark

 
Posts: 873
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2000 3:28 pm
Location: A farm in southern Rohan.
Top

Postby Eldfess » Sat Sep 16, 2000 5:01 pm

"We need rooms for the night," spoke Eldfess to the innkeeper, "And food. Right now, we would like to wait in a private room. And also, we have need of horses. Would you, by any chance, know where we may acquire some?"
User avatar
Eldfess
Ranger of the North

 
Posts: 1484
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2000 5:12 pm
Top

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests