Awakening Fyre

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby strider- » Tue Sep 12, 2000 5:10 pm

Deep in the ice caverns of <b>Forochel,</b> far North from the lands of trees and Men, a lone figure, wearily chips away at many seasons of ice and snow. Several days work lay about the cavern floor, and the traveler, comforted only by the trustless glow from a small and flickering lantern, works tirelessly. The road to the North was long and bitter, and the journey ahead even more dangerous. Slowly the ice beneath the travelers’ pick begins to melt; it’s echoing drip, drip, dripping resounding in the small cave. <BR><BR><BR><BR>Here lies the fire, deep in its icy home. Long hidden in its safekeeping slumber. Slowly the wall begins to glow, a dark red glow like the setting sun emanates from the ice and snow. As quickly as it starts, the light fades, revealing a smooth clear gem. The stone is cold to the touch and looks plain but beautiful. Much like the ice in which it was hidden, but our traveler is careful not to trust its innocent guise. Slowly, the figure slides the gem into a dark red pouch and slips the pouch into their pocket...uneasily. Inside the stone burns with an ancient fire, and it carries with it a fate as unchanging as it is unforgiving. The traveler leaves the cavern behind and heads out of the mouth of the great cave. Many miles lay ahead before the journey can truly begin... <BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>Many leagues away a worm stirs in his ancient slumber... <BR><BR><BR><BR>____________________________________________ <BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>Many nights hence... <BR><BR><BR><BR>The glow from the warm windows of the Inn near Bree was a welcome sight to many weary travelers. It had been a long journey to the start. Here the traveler would find supply, direction, horse and perhaps a companion...or two...heavy was their heart as they made their way in through the small but welcoming door.
strider-
Ranger of the North

Postby Shadowfax » Tue Sep 12, 2000 5:26 pm

Shadowfax entered the Dancing Dragon Inn and looked about. There were many people seated about the establishment but he spied an empty table near the rear of the room. <BR> <BR>He shook the rain from his clothes and walked to he table, as he walked, he looked at the many faces about him. He was to meet an old freind here tonight, perhaps the weather has delayed our meeting, he wondered to himself. <BR> <BR>Shadowfax sat down and young serving girl took his order. Long days and nights on the road can take alot out of you and a good beer would go down nicley. <BR> <BR>
Shadowfax
Ranger of the North

Postby Eldfess » Tue Sep 12, 2000 6:11 pm

Cal Avenster walked in. He was soon going to return to Gondor to rejoin with king. However, his heart was heavy. One name kept circling through his mind. Elunyaa..... <BR> <BR><i>I remember....I remember that day more clearly than I would like. It is emblazoned upon my brain. If I close my eyes, I can still see it. Her there, and me unable to do anything! Elunyaa! Elunyaa! Why couldn't I join you!? I am all alone!</i>
Eldfess
Ranger of the North

Postby strider- » Tue Sep 12, 2000 6:17 pm

<b>Jaxon</b> and her horse Bydand, slowed their pace as they approached the stable of the Dancing Dragon Inn. The rain was falling heavily and she was soaked to the skin. She hated nights like this, too dark she thought. <BR> <BR><i>"We're here boy,"</i> she said quietly with pat to the horses neck. <i>"Now to get settled, and out of the weather."</i> <BR> <BR>She unmounted and led her horse into the stable. The Hand there took Bydand, blanketed and stabled him. As Jaxon approached the entrance to the Dancing Dragon, she quickly did up her cloak, concealing both her sword and the the Mark of the King. She knew the Inn well, and while a hospitable enough place, she would do well not to draw attention to her house. She had taken leave of the King and while still bore the arms of the Northern Kingdom, she was on her own journey. There had been no time to even change into something less conspicuous. She had grown used to his cryptic messages - always urgent, unlooked for and...mysterious. As she entered to Inn she quickly scanned the room and took a table near the fire but out of the way of the regular patrons, careful not to openly acknowledge the dark figure in the corner. Their eyes met, no words spoken - save that for an order of ale. <BR> <BR><i>"Innkeeper, a dark ale please...and a room"</i>
strider-
Ranger of the North

Postby Jareth » Tue Sep 12, 2000 7:17 pm

Just outside,in the pouring rain and hailstones,a shadowy figure remained in place.He was watching the traveller,she made him nervous. <BR>Now she had gone inside,he relaxed a little.He was a small wolfish creature,but he could stand on two legs and speak.He wore a black cloak and grey ragged clothes.He didn't mind the rain,he was used to it.He was just turned away from his family because it was time he set off on his own.He'd come across the traveller on her horse and followed her to this Inn.He knew not to go inside,however,the people within would not understand his nature and would be afraid.He suddenly felt ashamed of his sharp teeth and wolf-like appearance. <BR>His name,is Shikar.He waited in the bushes.He would follow her for a while longer.Maybe she would not be afraid? He knew it was a lot to hope for,but he had to try.He didn't want to be alone all the time.
Jareth
Rider of the Mark

Postby Shadowfax » Tue Sep 12, 2000 7:17 pm

Thunder struck close by and the old Inn rattled in response. The rain beat down harder now on roof. The patrons stopped talkin for moment and listened to the steady drumming of the rain. <BR> <BR>Shadowfax eyed the door and sipped his drink. The room was once more filled with voices, mostly talk about local events and happenings. The main door opened and cloaked figure walked in, Shadowfax recognized her immediatly. She hasnt changed in all these years, thought Shadowfax, lets hope her grit and skill with a blade hasnt either. He watched Jaxon take a chair by the fire, being carefull not to be taking to much interest in her movements. <BR> <BR>The enemy could here, watching and waiting to see what I do next.
Shadowfax
Ranger of the North

Postby Jareth » Tue Sep 12, 2000 7:34 pm

Shikar shook his head as a particularly large hailstone struck him. <BR>He crouched on all fours and scratched behind his furry ears.He yawned and curled up to sleep for the night.Maybe the traveller had stopped for the night also.He would watch the Inn in the morning for any signs of her,until then,he slept,ears twitching for any sounds that might indicate his 'friend' emerging.
Jareth
Rider of the Mark

Postby Freahelm » Tue Sep 12, 2000 9:29 pm

Yet another weary traveller halted in front of the inn. He smiled at the thought of a sheltered resting place and a good mug of beer. He had sorely missed such things during his many days on the road. He led his horse to the stable and shook his head at the groom that offered to take the horse. He always took care of his horse personally - after all, did not the horse bear him all on its own? Once the horse was comfortable, then the rider strode through the storm into the inn. <BR> <BR>He hung up his cloak as he entered, exposing a green jerkin emblazoned with a white horse on the center of the chest. His golden hair flowed from beneath his iron cap. A sheathed sword hung at his side was the only other sign that he was a knight of Rohan. He was short for a Rohirrim, but that still meant above average height for a regular man, and his shoulders were broad and sturdy. <BR> <BR>The inn was full tonight, as well it should be. Few would be willing to stay out in such weather. All the main tables were full, so he sat, leaning back against the wall, at one of the small, private tables near the back. He accepted a mug of beer and took a small chicken from a passing servant. He took a long pull of the beer, then slid out his dagger and began to eat heartily. Later he would get the news.
Freahelm
Rider of the Mark

Postby Anriel Mendereth » Wed Sep 13, 2000 5:14 am

It was a busy night in Bree. Many travellers had come into the Pony appearing to have travelled far, and as she served their ale, Ravi stole a quick glance at them. She liked to make up stories about them, about where they had come from, where they were going, and who they were. It was as close as she would ever get to adventure in her own life, but it was almost as good. Sighing, she walked over to the latest newcomer, and took their order.
Anriel Mendereth
Ranger of the North

Postby Eleanorae » Wed Sep 13, 2000 5:45 am

The thunder roared and the windows of the Dancing Dragon lit with blinding white as javelins of lightening dashed to the ground outside. The wind picked up, whistling down through the chimnies, each fire spluttering and hissing in it's grate, while the rain thrashed and tore at the shingly tiles on the roof. Even the grinding creaks and groans of the Dancing Dragon sign could hardly be heard above the tumultous noise of the rain. <BR> <BR>The mood was fearful. Not all travellers liked the howling cries of the wind, and the growls of the thunder. At length, a minstrel plucked at his lute and began to sing a rowdy drinking song. The patrons joined in with the common words, and soon good humour in the Dancing Dragon was restored. <BR> <BR>Stood on one table, a strange little creature with bright red hair, bowed to the audience and began to juggle. He began with balls of different sizes and colours, gold, silver, vermillion... In the air they changed to scarves and then to doves which flew away and perched in the eaves of the Inn, cooing gently. Then he somersaulted from table to table, while the crowd laughed with delight and amusement. He scrambled up the walls of the Inn and leapt onto the beams, scaring the roosting doves, and then proceeded to dance a jig on a narrow beam before pretending to fall to the amazed gasps of the onlookers. They awwed and ahhed, and burst into fits of laughter at his antics. <BR> <BR>At length, he stopped and bowed while he collected handfuls of coin and trinkets that the willing crowd threw to him. Smiling he ran to the bar, and gathered up a huge jug of beer, a quarter the size of his own frame and began to sup greedily, a stream of frothy beer poured down his chin and splattered onto the wooden flooring below him. <BR> <BR>At length, he drank his fill, and looked around the room. His narrow red-yellow eyes noted many new faces within the room. He watched them with curiosity. One had been there some time. <BR> <BR>He had been the first to arrive <b>Weazle</b> knew. He was expecting company. Intrigued, <b>Weazle</b> skipped along to the next table to the stranger in order to hear more.
Eleanorae
Shield Bearer

Postby strider- » Wed Sep 13, 2000 2:39 pm

<b>Jaxon</b> watched her friend watching the patrons of the Inn. There was much commotion and song tonight. While she had thought, at first, a quiet place would be better for sharing secrets - perhaps this was a better venue afterall. At least it would be easier to move about relatively unnoticed, then again, maybe not. <BR> <BR>She was sorry she didn't head right for her room when she arrived. If she were to get up now and approach him, she might attract more attention than she would like so she remained seated. Women of her rank and position were not a common occurance in places like this. <BR> <BR>She was dressed in black which was unassuming at least, she thought, and had her long dark cloak to cover her mail, crest and hilt of her sword. She had left her station of first council of the King of <b>Arthedain</b> with the King's blessings. She had always chosen her own road, but these last few years she had been a steady fixture and friend at the palace. The King understood her desire to seek out the road again. The message from Shadowfax had come at a good time. <BR> <BR>She had become too recognizable in the North, both by character and reputation. A reputation she would be glad to shed for a while. She was tired, and uncertain. She waited, sipping her ale. <BR> <BR>Just then, she became aware of someone watching Shadowfax watching the patrons...<i>"so the watcher becomes the watched she thought."</i> She remained where she sat by the fire, warming her bones and drying herself. She would wait for him.
strider-
Ranger of the North

Postby Eldfess » Wed Sep 13, 2000 2:49 pm

Cal, looking up, saw the one called Jaxon. At first, he didn't want to say anything. However, he wanted some type of an adventure to get his mind off of his last battles. It was too soon to return to Gondor. Avenster knew that he had changed too much and couldn't return to his King just yet. He got up and walked over to her.
Eldfess
Ranger of the North

Postby Shadowfax » Wed Sep 13, 2000 4:32 pm

Shadowfax finished his drink and ordered another. He watched the stranger approach Jaxon, a friend of hers perhaps? Jaxon cast a quick glance toward him, he could tell by her eyes that she did not know this man. <BR> <BR>Shadowfax got up from his chair and walked over to Jaxon's table....... <BR>
Shadowfax
Ranger of the North

Postby Jareth » Wed Sep 13, 2000 6:58 pm

Shikar's ears raised at the sounds that were coming from inside. <BR> <BR>"Sounds like they're having fun," he said softly to himself. <BR>He shifted and closed his eyes again. <BR>The night would be over soon and maybe the storm would go with it...
Jareth
Rider of the Mark

Postby Shadowfax » Wed Sep 13, 2000 7:27 pm

The two men arrived at Jaxon's table at about the same. They stopped short and looked at each, wondering what each others intentions were. A few awkward seconds passed by, then Shadowfax said, "Oh, I am sorry! Did I interupt your meeting with this lady? I thought I recognized her and came over to say hello." <BR> <BR>"No," said Cal, "I havent meet this woman before. I thought I would buy her a drink and talk, she seems the adventurous type and I thought......." <BR> <BR>"Indeed!" said Jaxon reaching for her dagger, "I'm sure there are other women in here that would gladly....." <BR> <BR>"No, no. I didnt mean it that way!" Cal said, "I meant that I seek an adventure myself." responded Cal. <BR> <BR>Shadowfax chuckled at the sight of Jaxon reaching for her weapon. She hadnt changed a bit! <BR> <BR>Shadowfax said, "Then you are in luck my friend, I have need for good swords and quick minds. Meet us in the morning and we will discuss it further, say sun up?" <BR> <BR>"ok, I'll see you then. My name is Cal." <BR> <BR>"My name is Shadowfax, well met Cal." <BR> <BR>Cal took a seat in a nearby chair and Shadowfax whispered in to Jaxon's ear. "we need to talk in private." <BR> <BR>"I'll say!" said Jaxon. <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>
Shadowfax
Ranger of the North

Postby Jareth » Thu Sep 14, 2000 1:04 am

Shikar awoke with a terrible fright.He'd been dreaming and now he was wide awake,trying to figure out what had scared him so. <BR> <BR>He pointed his snout to the sky and let out a long,low howl. <BR> <BR>It was all he could think of doing to keep himself company. <BR>Then,without warning,he lept to his feet and shook his fur dry. <BR>He pawed the ground a little and settled back down to sleep. <BR>His nose twitching at the smell of the horses in the stables... <BR> <BR>Which reminded him,he was hungry...
Jareth
Rider of the Mark

Postby Eleanorae » Thu Sep 14, 2000 2:39 am

<b>Weazle</b> listened to the interchange of comments between the two men and the lady at the next table. <BR> <BR>He heard their names, <b>Cal</b> and the first stranger he had heard was named <b>Shadowfax</b>. <b>Shadowfax</b>? That name seemed familiar. Try as hard as he may, <b>Weazle</b> could not remember. <BR> <BR>Shaking his head, he turned to <b>Cal</b>. <BR> <BR>'May I sit here with you awhile, I have some coin and wish to share my good fortune. Perhaps to drown the cold night away with mugs of frothy beer?'
Eleanorae
Shield Bearer

Postby Eldfess » Thu Sep 14, 2000 1:03 pm

Avenster looked up melancholily. He saw the man that spoke to him, heard his words and understood, but didn't answer immediately. Memmories....... <BR> <BR>As it seemed that the man got a little impatient, Cal Avenster snapped back to the present. <BR> <BR>"Of course you may join me. I am sorry for holding you off like that. I just had a terrible foreshadowing of the future. My heart is heavy. Tell me, did you just hear a howl a moment ago? Maybe it was just the wind...." <BR> <BR>This was not true however. Cal didn't tell the man that the last time someone had asked to join him at a table, it was an elf woman named Elunyaa and she was dead because of him; that the last time he heard a wolf howl, it had meant her death. He shakes himself off and smiles. <BR> <BR>"Do you wish to talk? Maybe together we can shake this brooding spirit that seems to permeate the atmosphere through this storm."
Eldfess
Ranger of the North

Postby Eleanorae » Thu Sep 14, 2000 1:29 pm

The short little creature perched up on his chair, his legs dangling over the edge precariously. <b>Cal</b> noticed that his hands ended more in talons than nails, so hard and calloused they were. Curiously, he wondered how the mannikin had become so dextrous when it came to his juggling act.<BR><BR><b>Weazle</b> looked at <b>Cal</b> slyly. ''Sorry to have disturbed your thoughts,' he spoke in a smooth oily voice.<BR><BR>'Here, have this jar of ale on me. My name is <b>Weazle</b>' he said as he offered <b>Cal</b> a rich foaming glass of ale. 'This is a glass of the special liquor, <b>Barley Brownfeather</b>, it is rare even in <b>Bree</b> but the landlord owes me a favour or two.' He winked, but it was not a pleasant sight, so twisted was the mannikin's face.<BR><BR>' And so,' <b>Weazle</b> continued 'I heard your name is <b>Cal</b>? Pleased to meet your acquaintance I'm sure!'
Eleanorae
Shield Bearer

Postby strider- » Thu Sep 14, 2000 2:49 pm

A red fire went immediately to Jaxon's face. She was tired and now annoyed at <b>Shadowfax's</b> sudden mirth at her expense.<BR><BR><i>"It is nice to meet you <b>Cal Avenstar"</b></i>, she replied. <i>"Forgive me, my quick temper. I have been long on the road and wish to turn in for the evening. Please think me not too rude that I don't join you for a drink, I will see you back here in the morning as Shadowfax has said."</i> with that she turned from Cal, and leaning in close to Shadowfax' ear said, <BR><BR><i>"I'll say, you have some explaining to do friend. I am leaving for my room, I will check on <b>Bydand</b> before heading in, if you can spare a few close words, I will be in the stable. Are you sure you can trust this fellow?"</i> Just then both Shadowfax and Jaxon noticed the small figure approach Cal....<i>"I don't like the looks of the company he keeps, you must be the judge...</i><BR><BR>Jaxon left Shadowfax at the table with Cal Avenstar, and his gaze followed her out the door, still smiling to himself.<BR><BR>On her way out, Jaxon noticed the man of <b>Rohan</b> at the counter, busily feasting on ale and chicken. She turned her gaze from him. She had spent many summers on the lush plains of Rohan learning much from the house of the Mark. She didn't know this man, and could not tell at such a quick look what house he was from. Perhaps if Shadowfax is looking for companions he may consider asking the rider, but then, what was a man of Rohan doing at a place such as this. Only more questions turned in her mind as she headed out into the night to the stable.
strider-
Ranger of the North

Postby Shadowfax » Thu Sep 14, 2000 5:42 pm

Shadowfax watched Jaxon slip out the door. After a few minutes he stood up and made his out of the Inn also, making sure none followed before left. Lightning flashed in the sky and was followed by a deep rumble, the storm grow stronger as the night past. <BR><BR>He did not goto the stables at first, instead he walked down the narrow lane of shops and houses, taking a twisting pattern as he went. When he was sure wasnt being followed he headed to the stables. Jaxon was there, waiting by her horse, her arms were folded.<BR>"Your not going stab me with you dagger are you?", he said with a smile.<BR>Jaxon replied in low, but firm whisper,"That depends on why you dragged me out here!"<BR>The rain picked in its steadt pace and Shadowfax had to stand right next her in order to be heard. The smile left his face and he said,"I need your help. Do you remember the legend of the Fyre Stone as a child?" Jaxon nodded yes and said, "The stone had the power to control a dragon or something like that."<BR>"Yes.....", said Shadowfax, "Not just one dragon, but three of them. Think of the devestation that could be done with it." Shadowfax looked around the stable and saw no one. Then he reached into his cloak and pulled out a small object wrapped in red cloth. Shadowfax stepped closer and pulled the cloth off of the object. "See!", said Shadowfax. Within his hand he held smooth stone about the size of a childs fist.<BR><BR>Jaxon eyes grow as she looked at the gem. "Its true then? The legend is true? Its just an old legend, how do you know this is it?"<BR><BR>"Malbeth sent me to find it at all costs to my life.", said Shadowfax.<BR><BR>"Malbeth in Fornost?" asked Jaxon. Shadowfax nodded yes in reply.<BR><BR>Jaxon looked into Shadowfaxs's eyes and saw the worry behind them. She knew something serious was going to happen soon.<BR><BR>"We must leave for Fornost at daybreak." Shadowfax hide the gem once more.He rubbed his hands together to keep them warm, the gem still felt as cold as ice.<BR>
Shadowfax
Ranger of the North

Postby strider- » Thu Sep 14, 2000 6:07 pm

<i>"I have not seen Malbeth, in many years..."</i> Jaxon said. The stable was quiet save for the unrelenting rain outside on the cobblestone walkway. She looked at <b>Shadowfax</b>.<BR><BR><i>"How could it be true? Where did you come by this? You know I will help you of course...whatever the way. I have so many questions that I dare not even ask them for fear of the answers. Come, we will not speak of it any further here. Be close with your plans Shadowfax, there are many strange folk here."</i>
strider-
Ranger of the North

Postby Jareth » Thu Sep 14, 2000 8:31 pm

Shikar heard the door open and sat up.He watched the woman go into the stables and shook his fur dry again.He noticed that the rain and wind had torn his ragged clothes off him.<BR><BR>"Oh well," he muttered, "they weren't mine anyway."<BR><BR>He'd found them and put them on to see how they looked on him a while ago,but it wasn't natural for wolves to wear clothes,or wolfin for that matter.<BR><BR>He now looked just like an ordinary wolf,only much bigger.He was a brute looking thing for a wolfin.<BR><BR>He smelled feathers and decided to check the stables for a chicken coop.Shikar liked chickens,they were so easy to catch.<BR><BR>He waited for the woman to open the door and go inside,then he skulked in behind her just before the door closed.
Jareth
Rider of the Mark

Postby Jareth » Thu Sep 14, 2000 8:39 pm

Shikar was amazed with this conversation.Three dragons? Now that would be very interesting!<BR><BR>He decided not to let them two out of his sight for a while,he would follow them.<BR><BR>He crept closer to the chicken coop and bit at the wire.It came away easily with his sharp teeth.He sneaked up on a sleeping rooster and grabbed it's throat in his mouth.<BR><BR>Not a sound and he stole out of the coop and prepared to run out of the door after these two left,just before the door shut.<BR><BR>He didn't want to be locked in,so he crouched,ready.
Jareth
Rider of the Mark

Postby Freahelm » Fri Sep 15, 2000 10:41 am

The man of Rohan, <b>Hyldan</b>, gnawed the last of the meat from the drumstick. He tossed it onto his plate, and washed the morsel down with the last of his drink. <BR><BR><i>"Well now,"</i> he thought to himself. <i>"That was a tasty change from wild fare. Now, to hear the news and then some rest."</i> <BR><BR>He rose and glanced about the room. The talk was unusually quiet for an inn. He was disappointed - it was easier to get news when people were relaxed and having fun. He gave the innkeeper some coins, and requested that a free drink be given to everyone. Hopefully the free ale and beer would loosen a few tongues. While he waited for the alcohol to take effect, he slipped outside to check on his horse.<BR><BR>He strode swiftly through the rain as it slashed across his face. He had deliberately left his cloak in the inn; he liked the feel of the weather across his face, as long as he was not staying out in it. He opened the door to the stables and walked several paces inside, before his eyes adjusted to the darkness and he realized two people were watching him with suspcision. He stopped, and grinned as he saw it was a <b>man</b> and a <b>woman</b>.<BR><BR><i>"My apologies! I know how hard it can be for lovers to escape from prying eyes. Allow me to check on my horse, and I'll leave you to yourselves."</i><BR><BR>___________________________________________________________<BR><BR>Meanwhile, in the inn, <b>Ravi</b> served a drink to <b>Weazle</b> and <b>Cal</b>. As she placed it on their table, she bent over and whispered a short message in <b>Weazle's</b> ear. <BR><BR><i>"I was told to tell you, 'When the wind howls, the storm is coming.'"</i><BR><BR>As she walked away <b>Ravi</b> wondered what it meant - it wasn't the kind of message people normally sent. She continued serving drinks, her imagination running wild with this new fodder.<BR><BR><b>Weazle's</b> eyes gleamed in impish delight. His master was planning something. Another message would be coming soon, with instructions.
Freahelm
Rider of the Mark

Postby Eldfess » Fri Sep 15, 2000 1:17 pm

Avenster looked to the little impish character. "I like to be called Avenster," he said. "It used to be Captain Avenster when I was a captain in Gondor. However, my lord and King sent me on a mission. That was long ago. I have not seen my lands since. I had thought to return, but if the one called Jaxon and the one called Shadowfax will join me I shall accompany them on their mission. I know not what else to do. I could not return to my King with what I have hanging over my head."
Eldfess
Ranger of the North

Postby Jareth » Fri Sep 15, 2000 6:29 pm

As the stable door opened,Shikar ran out into the storm once again - with his chicken meal- and went back to his hiding place within the scrub beneathe a bushy tree.He had left deep paw prints where his huge paws had sunk into the mud...<BR>He set the rooster down and began to pluck the feathers with his front teeth.
Jareth
Rider of the Mark

Postby strider- » Fri Sep 15, 2000 6:48 pm

<b>Shadowfax</b> seemed very troubled. She thought of what she knew of the legend, and what she could not know, or remember, Shadowfax made made clear to her. Her heart was heavy. The lore of the worms were tales she never enjoyed as a child and had almost forgotten about. She had so many questions...
strider-
Ranger of the North

Postby Shadowfax » Fri Sep 15, 2000 9:38 pm

The Legend.........<BR><BR>The story begins many years ago when the world was a darker place. <BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>Long ago, Dragons were more plentiful than they are now. They roamed all of Middle Earth, spreading destruction and fire everywhere they went. In time, the number of the worms began to diminsh. Heros saught to slay them and often they fought each other over territory or treasure. Gradually they became more scarce and the darkness was lifted. The dragons hide themselves and their hordes of gold, after many years had past they became legends. <BR><BR>It was during the height of the dragons power that one man decided to harness the great worms power and strength. Legend has it he was a powerfull wizard and desired the control of the beast at any cost. The name of this Wizard is not remember, some called him the Black Magi, but his real indentity is unknown. He constructed a tool to control the dragons and the main ingredient was their blood. Many lives were spent in order to gain a few drops of the black liquid. The dragon must remain alive in order for the spells to work, the blood from three different dragons were used in the making to this mighty weapon of magic.<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>
Shadowfax
Ranger of the North

Postby Shadowfax » Fri Sep 15, 2000 10:03 pm

Legend.........part II<BR><BR><BR>The Black Magi had many enemies and they knew if his plan through spies. They managed to steal the magical tool, but at great cost to their own power. If the Black Magi had been able to use this weapon to its fullest extent, the world would have be his. They hid the artifact within a cave of ice many hundreds of leagues away, long it stayed there undisturbed. The Black Magi, having lost his greatest of achievments, fell from the view of the world. Also, the three dragons vanished from all knowledge.<BR><BR>Malbeth was amoung the group that stole and hid the tool from the wizard. He also knew the ways of magic and was the leader in the raid against the Black Magi. Many spells were cast in order to hide the controlling device well. The tool was in fact a large clear stone, smooth to the touch and cold as ice.<BR> <BR>many years go by.......<BR><BR>Recently, Malbeth has learned that the Black Magi was sturring again. He has gained enough power to make his presence known once more and is seeking the stone! Malbeth has also learned that the wizard has found out its hiding place and would soon send men to capture it. Old spells of protection were now in doubt in the mind of Malbeth. He must get the stone first! It was then Shadowfax recieved word from his old master that his help was needed. Quickly Shadowfax travelled north to the ice cave, following the directions of Malbeth. The last part of the message told him too hide in a safe place until further contact.<BR><BR>Shadowfax arrives in Bree and summons the help of an old friend.......
Shadowfax
Ranger of the North

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)