Pippin in the Prancing Pony having a Pint

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby SorceressintheGoldenWood » Fri Mar 01, 2002 12:51 pm

<BR><b>~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~</b><BR><BR>It was late in the evening as Pippin sat at the bar in the Prancing Pony. He was in Bree visiting a relative and desided to stay the night. Sitting at the bar he looked around at the other in the room. There were many different folk in there. He could some Hobbits sitting at a table together having a few rounds. But most of the people in there seemed to be the locals. The bartender had told him that it had been a while since they had any new faces in here. There were a couple of people in there with their hoods pulled low hiding their faces. But they didn't look all that evil so Pippin desided not to worry about them. He was just sitting there finishing his second pint when some people in the room.
SorceressintheGoldenWood
Mariner

Postby Shieldsmaiden » Fri Mar 01, 2002 1:46 pm

*The door opened, and a girl walked in. She looked tired, and her grey eyes were dull. She sat down next to the hobbit and said, "Hey. Who are you?"
Shieldsmaiden
Rider of the Mark

Postby SorceressintheGoldenWood » Fri Mar 01, 2002 3:57 pm

Pippin was slightly shocked when the girl spoke to him. It seemed like the only other person that had noticed him so far was the bartender. "I'm Pippin. I live over the Brandywine in Hobbiton. Are you new to these parts?"
SorceressintheGoldenWood
Mariner

Postby Nalatarigelle » Fri Mar 01, 2002 6:00 pm

"You have many more friends in these woods than you know, dear Hobbit!", said a tall elf while pulling a chair up their table. She acted as if they were old friends, and ordered a pint for each of them. "What brings you two here? Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't even introduce myself. I'm Nala."
Nalatarigelle
Ranger of the North

Postby SorceressintheGoldenWood » Fri Mar 01, 2002 8:25 pm

"Hi Nala, have we met before?" Pippin said to the very tall Elf.
SorceressintheGoldenWood
Mariner

Postby Nalatarigelle » Sat Mar 02, 2002 9:53 am

"No, but I am here to help you, if you need any help at all. Now, friends, tell me about yuourselves, and what has brought you here."
Nalatarigelle
Ranger of the North

Postby Shieldsmaiden » Sat Mar 02, 2002 1:11 pm

"Yes, and no. I've been here, but just passing through. You live here? That's nice. I don't have a home. Last time I did was six and a half years ago," the girl smiled,and ordered some ale.
Shieldsmaiden
Rider of the Mark

Postby Losthoroniel » Sat Mar 02, 2002 7:15 pm

Yet another elf walked into the pub (ooc: Inn, bar... thing) and came up to Pippin,<BR>"Well Pippin! How are you old friend? How long has it been? I haven't seen you since Bag End. What are you doing here, anything wrong? I am sorry I am asking so many questions, it is just that I haven't seen you for so long."<BR>The elf did not look any different but now she had a bright glimmer in her eyes...
Losthoroniel
Ranger of the North

Postby Losthoroniel » Sat Mar 02, 2002 10:48 pm

<b>BUMP!</b>
Losthoroniel
Ranger of the North

Postby SorceressintheGoldenWood » Sun Mar 03, 2002 8:26 pm

Pippin turned to see Lothoroniel. "How are you doing old friend. It has been a while since I last saw you", Pippin said smileing. It had been a long time since he had seen the Elf maiden. He had forgoten how beautiful she was and was at a loss for words. At last he spoke,"Please sit down with us. May I introduce Nala and... oh I'm sorry", Pippin said blushing. "I seem to not know your name", he said to the other at the table.
SorceressintheGoldenWood
Mariner

Postby *Silvertears* » Sun Mar 03, 2002 8:39 pm

A golden-haired hobbit came striding in the door. She had a cloak of lovely green wrapped about her shoulders, and she was shivering. Her bouncy curls were full of leaves, and she showed the signs of many days of travel. She did not look to where she sat, she just slid into a seat at the table next to Pippin and the elves and ordered a drink. Her shoulder shook with the chill, even though it wasn't that cold out.
*Silvertears*
Shield Bearer

Postby Losthoroniel » Sun Mar 03, 2002 10:15 pm

LN saw the hobbit arrive and knew at once she was not okay,<BR>"What has happened to you dear hobbit? You look as if you have seen a ghost of a dead king."<BR>She slid in next to the hobbit and gave the elf gave the hobbit her cloak, but the hobit wouldn't stop shaking...
Losthoroniel
Ranger of the North

Postby Nalatarigelle » Mon Mar 04, 2002 2:49 am

"What is wrong, my dear hobbit? Please do tell us. Is there anything we could do to help?"
Nalatarigelle
Ranger of the North

Postby SorceressintheGoldenWood » Mon Mar 04, 2002 5:40 pm

Pippin hardly noticed when the hobbit sat down at their table. He only noticed her when the Elves started to show some concern for her. The hobbit girl was shivering and looked very tired.
SorceressintheGoldenWood
Mariner

Postby Aduial » Mon Mar 04, 2002 5:44 pm

<i>a gray-cloaked figure wals in, an elf with violet eyes and dark hair</i><BR><BR>I saw elves in the window, what is... oh! <BR><i>sees young hobbit and shows concern</i><BR>
Aduial
Ranger of the North

Postby Aduial » Mon Mar 04, 2002 6:04 pm

what has happened, Hobbit? who are you, and were did you come from?
Aduial
Ranger of the North

Postby Shieldsmaiden » Mon Mar 04, 2002 6:06 pm

Yeah, you don't look so good. What's wrong???????
Shieldsmaiden
Rider of the Mark

Postby Iavasel » Mon Mar 04, 2002 6:27 pm

Iavasel rode up to the Prancing Pony and dismounted. Yawning, she opened the door and was immediately assailed by the bright light of the inn, and the shouts from table to table of men who had too many drinks in them. She heads towards her usual table but finds it occupied by a group of dirty, smelly men. One gets up and swaggers towards her. He trips and his drink goes flying out of his hand all over Iavasel. She swears softly and then says a charm. I small glimmer of light and all traces of the ale vanish. She changes direction to head for the only table that still has a few seats unoccupied. At least they all seem clean enough, and she catches site of an elf or two.
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby *Silvertears* » Mon Mar 04, 2002 6:43 pm

The hobbit lass shuddered and shook her head. <BR><BR>"I'm... fine." She said between great hacking coughs. <BR>She shook with chill again, her golden curls catching the light of the fire quite strangely. She coughed and coughed for a moment, and when the fit ceased, she finished her drink hurriedly. She was about to stand, but she tripped over her cloak and fell into the arms of an Elf. She looked up frightenedly at them, but she could not stop coughing, and finally, as the fit left her again, she dissolved into tears.<BR>It took much coaxing, but she told them a little of who she was;<BR><BR>"My name is Robin Rope. I lived in a little house in bywater with my mother and two brothers, but... but... they died! They died of the same coughing sickness that I have." She barely managed to say this when she began to cough violently.
*Silvertears*
Shield Bearer

Postby Aduial » Mon Mar 04, 2002 6:47 pm

Elves! There must be some remedy of our means by which we can cure this Hobbit. I have seen this before... how long has your family had it, Robin?
Aduial
Ranger of the North

Postby Iavasel » Mon Mar 04, 2002 7:02 pm

Iavasel caught and held the little hobbit as coughs racked her body. She passed her hand over the hobbits nose and mouth. "Well, no blood, that's good at least, no internal ruptering. Nasty cough though. Anything you can do, Aduial?"
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby Losthoroniel » Mon Mar 04, 2002 7:30 pm

LN looked sadly at the hobbit,<BR>"I'll be right back."<BR>She went ot her cloak and got a small pouch out of her cloak pocket. She stopped by the bar and told the bartender to get her a cup of hot water as soon as he could. She went back to the table and sat down next to the hobbit.<BR>"I have a tea that will cease the coughing for a while, but it will not cure it. That will take someone who is wise with medicine and I am only good for sea sickness and coughing."<BR>She looked sadly at the hobbit again who was still coughing. The bartender brought her a small cup and she crushed up some of the ingredients from her pouch and put them in the water.<BR>"Here, drink this." She handed the hobbit the cup and put the pouch away...
Losthoroniel
Ranger of the North

Postby *Silvertears* » Mon Mar 04, 2002 8:12 pm

As she coughed, a question was posed to her. <i>How long has your family had it?</i> This seemed to scare her. She backed away, and then fell back into her chair with another coughing fit took her. She caught her breath, and squeeked out something that sounded like <i>a week.</i> She caught herself, and then spoke.<BR>"I've had it for a week... but it took a month to kill my family. We've always been poor, So my mother accepted.. accepted a handout from a relative in Bree. There was... something wrong about it. It felt wrong, in my mind it didn't seem right. The food they gave us seemed ...evil." She looked fearfully up at the one adressing her, and then covered her face as she turned red.
*Silvertears*
Shield Bearer

Postby SorceressintheGoldenWood » Tue Mar 05, 2002 9:16 am

"You mean someone was trying to make you sick?", Pippin said looking shocked. "I can't belive that someone would want to hert a poor hobbit. These are getting to be strange days", Pippin said. Looking to Losthoroniel he spoke,"Isn't there any Elves around here that could help? We are to far from Rivendell but there must be someone that could help her", he said looking again at the poor Hobbit.
SorceressintheGoldenWood
Mariner

Postby Nalatarigelle » Tue Mar 05, 2002 12:24 pm

"There is one closer than you think. I'l help the poor girl, but it will take some time before she heales completely, for this was no child's play. It's more serious than I thought."<BR>She sits next to the hobbit, and puts her hand on the girl's chest. A pale light gleamed for a second, and the elf was saying something in what they thought to be elvish and it was too fast for them to understand. Than she starts crying. They were all puzzled, but the elf paid no attention. She closed her eyes for a moment, and when she opened them she noticed the confused faces staring at her in complete silence. She smiled. <BR>"She'll be alright."
Nalatarigelle
Ranger of the North

Postby Shieldsmaiden » Tue Mar 05, 2002 1:55 pm

"Please, exlpain more. I'll help if I can. I'm still confused. We can't help you if you don't tell us."
Shieldsmaiden
Rider of the Mark

Postby Losthoroniel » Tue Mar 05, 2002 1:57 pm

LN looked worridly at the young hobbit who was still shaking.<BR>"Yes, do tell us more and if there is anything we can do either to help you or cheer you up tell us and we will do what we can. Plus, I think Pippin is rather good at entertaining not only himself at times but other people."<BR>She smiled at the thought of Pippin climbing the tree in the woods...
Losthoroniel
Ranger of the North

Postby Aduial » Tue Mar 05, 2002 3:13 pm

Good thing one of us could cure her! Now we have a new problem, who did this? This is obviously no prank. the poor hobbit!<BR><BR>HEY!! <i>others are statled by yell</i> There was omeone watching us!! I saw it in the window, and even though i couldnt see its eyes, I got the feeling it knew I was looking and fled... who could it be? WHAT could it be?
Aduial
Ranger of the North

Postby Aduial » Tue Mar 05, 2002 3:14 pm

Good thing one of us could cure her! Now we have a new problem, who did this? This is obviously no prank. the poor hobbit!<BR><BR>HEY!! <i>others are startled by yell</i> There was omeone watching us!! I saw it in the window, and even though i couldnt see its eyes, I got the feeling it knew I was looking and fled... who could it be? WHAT could it be?
Aduial
Ranger of the North

Postby *Silvertears* » Tue Mar 05, 2002 3:22 pm

Robin let out a horrified scream- she had recognized the person at the door. She stood up and made to bolt, but she was seized by another coughing fit
*Silvertears*
Shield Bearer

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)