The Cove

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby orliesmyhusband » Mon Jul 01, 2002 6:58 am

The mist in the air is different here, exhilarating, uplifting. Giant palms swayed their long arms in the breeze as it brushed over their green surfaces. White sand covered the banks of the sea as the waves lapped gently at the shore. The tiny grains held their own, but a few were swept back into the surf. A single line of dainty imprints that could be seen only by sharp eyes tilled sands. <BR><BR>Oricon was the culprit of the trail. Her elven face full of happiness and sheer joy as she walked over the windy dunes. Her long brown hair cracked behind her like a whip as the sweet smelling zephyr blew by her. Being an elf she had always longed for the sea and gone on several expeditions, this time she had struck pure gold. <BR><BR>Not soon after she had found the little inlet did she have built a place for people to stay. The borders of the bay and the land were well protected by elf warriors. She made her way to a patch of rocks that extended into the ocean, breaking the waves before they reached the shore. Sitting down her brown eyes followed the acute trail of a small sand crab that was nestled in a hiding place, well concealed from any predators. She laughed and looked out over the ocean. The water looked twice as dark and mysterious when set off by the starry night sky. Oricon stared up at the stars, the moon shone down on her like a long lost friend. <BR><BR>Her skin glistened in the moonlight; the salty water splashed defiantly up on her. Oricon’s body was adorned in many shells; a green silk wrap fell loosely about her calves. As usual her feet were bare, extended into the water as the moderate temperature waves crashed lightly onto the beach. <BR><BR>She liked to call this place, The Cove, and she had named her resort after it. The building constructed of the fine wood of Mirkwood, it could withstand anything. She looked into the various types of trees as she heard a tropical bird squawk into the hours of darkness. Most likely a macaw she thought to herself. She stood just before another wave crashed upon the coastline. She stood for a few moments in thought, wrapping herself in her arms to guard from the cool gust of ocean air. <BR><BR>She began to walk back to the room where she was staying, needing to get a good night rest before the people arrived. She pushed open the sturdy frame of the door that would hold out the wind. Moving about her room she rapidly undressed and slipped into her nightgown, a light pink and fine as silk. She took off her golden headpiece and laid it on the top of her vanity. With out another word she walked over to the window and threw it open, sounds of the sea filled her room. She looked pleased and began to blow out the candles that were about her room. The last lantern by her bed, she leaned on her mattress, blowing out the candle was like putting out a lone star. She lay down and pulled the covers up, burying her head in the soft-feathered pillow, and passing into sweet dreams. <BR><BR>Tomorrow the guests would arrive for the very first time at The Cove. She dearly hoped they would enjoy themselves, as she had tried to create a place of tranquility and rest.
orliesmyhusband
Ranger of the North

Postby Crystal_Arwen » Mon Jul 01, 2002 9:43 am

<i> CArwen entered the Cove at dawn, it would be nice to have a place to relax, different from normal Inns, much more calm. The wind blew her ebony hair in front of her face and she smoothed it back behind her ear, listening to the waves. They were beautiful and mesmerising, this was a place for relaxing. As she walked to the main building, seh took time to look at the wildlife and the birds especially. As she was admiring the landscape, a stunning blue bird with red pluamge on it's wings. It's song was sweet, but not enough to distract her completely, but she almsot forgot what she was here for. Oh yes, to stay for a holiday in an exotic location. She took one last look at the bird and then went into the building and put down her bags.</i><BR>Hello? Is anyone here?
Crystal_Arwen
Ranger of the North

Postby Mithrandir2002 » Mon Jul 01, 2002 10:00 am

Mith tapped oricon's shoulder. "Wakey, Wakey! Rise and shine!" He laughed suddenly, "The guests are arriving!" Mith left the room, he waited for a while outside the door to give ori time to dress then rapped on the door. "Hurry Up, Guests!"
Mithrandir2002
Shield Bearer

Postby orliesmyhusband » Mon Jul 01, 2002 10:49 am

Oricon was rapidly awakened by a sharp rapping on her door. She heard Mithrandir's voice float in from the other side. She was lying on her stomach hugging her pillow, sitting she looked outside her window and let the fresh sunlight bathe her in warmth. She wrapped her arms around her to suppress the excited goosebumps that threatened. <BR><BR>Walking over to her closet she pulled out a beautiufl dress. White with excellantly embroidered leaves on the sleeves and about her waist were leaf links. She walked over to her vanity and picked up a brush, letting it flow through her hair gently. Then she picked up the golden headpiece and opened the door. A grinning Mithrandir stood there,leaning against the wall like some lovestruck highschool boy. She smiled. Hello Mithrandir. <BR><BR>Oricon gave a spin and the folds of her dress billowed out like a great cloud, her belled sleeves falling to the ground like tattered ribbons. Do I look alright? She asked, letting her arms fall to her sides. <BR><BR>Before Mith could answer a sound met their ears. Someone was here,a sweet sounding, Hello, Is anybody here? wafted down the hall. I have to go Mith, thanks for waking me up, she said giving him a hug and running down the hall way. She spotted a lone girl, two bags by her side. <BR><BR>Hello and welcome to The Cove! she said holding out her arms and embracing the startled girl in a hug. I am Oricon, owner of The Cove,anything you need, come find me! she said leading her over to the front desk. Your name is? she asked readying a quill and paper.
orliesmyhusband
Ranger of the North

Postby samwise_gamgee_is_rad » Mon Jul 01, 2002 5:22 pm

Donnamira had enjoyed walking here, it had been a while since she had been away from her four children. She missed them, but she needed to get away. Mith had recommended this place, and it sounded like heaven. As she walked closer she noticed that Mith was here. <BR><BR>Hail, Mith! It's been a while, and I need another break from my kids! <BR><BR>Donnamira walked up to where there was two elves, and she knew she was going to enjoy this place!
samwise_gamgee_is_rad
Rider of the Mark

Postby Mithrandir2002 » Tue Jul 02, 2002 1:31 am

(( OOC: Lovestruck?? LOVESTRUCK??? what do u take me for?? lol))<BR><BR>"Hello Donnamira, glad you could make it. Oricon will love to have you here." He grinned. "She's over there now, im sure she will show you your lodgings."
Mithrandir2002
Shield Bearer

Postby Running-Deer » Tue Jul 02, 2002 1:48 am

Orlie ... good opener and subsequent post. Unfortunately the people posting with you are lazy or don't care to try to write well. You have come a long way in a short time! I commend you.<BR><BR>As for the rest of you, very sad. I am not pleased with your lack of substance or trying to post. If you don't have time, DON'T POST!!! I will be watching and I want these posts edited with content and filled in to fit better. There is A LOT that you could each do with what is already here. If I find more short posts, without content or substance, I WILL NOT HESITATE to lock this thread down!<BR><BR>I suggest that you ALL go to the clickable links in my signature lines and check them out thoroughly!
Running-Deer
Mariner

Postby Crystal_Arwen » Tue Jul 02, 2002 10:00 am

((I'll try harder running deer))<BR><i>CArwen dropped her bags and asked one of the girls, Oricon she thought, to take them up to a room, preferably one with a nice view. <BR><BR>She then took herself outside to admire the stunning settings of the place. The colours of the ruby sunsrise were reflected in the crystal waters of the sea in an endless mirror, making it seem (if it were possible) even more magical. <BR><BR>As she was watching the sunrise, CArwen saw the same bird that had welcomed her to the cove, with the same distinctive voice. She tried to follow it, but it's dives were too low and it's leaps too high... She gave up and went to watch the pattern of the waves on the sand. As she walked, her feet left marks in it but, being close to the sea, these marks were fleeting and were soon washed away by the endless flow and ebb of the tide. She dropped her blue chiffon scarf to the floor, not wanting it to be spoiled by the salt water, and made her way into the sea. <BR><BR>The water was warm and gentle, like a lover's touch and CArwen sat down on the beach to watch the rest of the sunrise, maybe someone ewould care to join her...</i>
Crystal_Arwen
Ranger of the North

Postby samwise_gamgee_is_rad » Tue Jul 02, 2002 10:54 am

((I'm sorry, I'll try harder, but I'm kinda new to this))<BR><BR>Donnamira walked up to where Oricon was standing, and introduced herself, <i>Hello, I'm Donnamira. Mithrandir recommended this place, but I didn't know he'd be here when I came! He said you'd show me my lodgings, can you show me now? I'd like to take a nap before I eat, I'm exhausted!</i> <BR><BR>Donnamira walked over to where Mith was, and asked him <i>Do you always proceed me everywhere I go?</i> She asked with a smile. <i> You seem to. </i>She noticed that Oricon was calling her, so she followed her up the stairs, and was surprised by the room she got, it was alot better than she had expected, but she didn't really care, as long as there was a bed, and a window!
samwise_gamgee_is_rad
Rider of the Mark

Postby orliesmyhusband » Tue Jul 02, 2002 1:33 pm

<BR><BR>Oricon motioned for Donna and CArwen to follow her up a huge flight of stairs. They walked step after step holding their hands firmly on the railing. The carpeted steps were a maroon color with patterns of leaves on them, Oricon smiled as she saw the others looking down at their feet. I had to remind myself of home she said with a laugh as they reached the top of the stair. <BR><BR>She directed them both right for them to follow her and brought out a small silver key, sticking it into the lock and twisting the door. It was marked room 10, 1-9 were reserved for the staff and special visitors. CArwen, this is your room, she said throwing open the monotonous white door to reveal a place of splendour. <BR><BR>A huge luxurious bed sat directly in the middle of the room, fine silk comforter lined with down. It sported fluffy pillows at the head. Deep greens and dark blues decorated the room, a fireplace was just in front of the bed, just for those cold nights. Oricon pulled out a match and lighting the lanterns around the room. Like prisms the colors glass cast shades of green and blue even red over the floor. An assortment of wooden chairs and a beautiful hand carved table were out of the way in the corner of the room. Oricon hastily walked over and threw open the blinds, pushing open the door, their ears were met with the inviting sounds of the ocean waves. <BR><BR>There you are, she said ushering Donna and Mithrandir out. Meet me at seven and I will show you all the ball room and dining hall. She smiled and closed the door behind her. <BR><BR>Donna your next, she said smiling and motioning for the girl to follow her. Her room was equally as splendid, bed and all. Oricon invited her in and gave her the key. Your room is closer to the ball room than CArwen's she said smiling, but I will show it to you anyway at 7. Ta! She said closing the door she turned to Mithrandir. <BR><BR>You think they like it? Oh I hope they do! She said in quick succession before running off to tend more guests.
orliesmyhusband
Ranger of the North

Postby samwise_gamgee_is_rad » Wed Jul 03, 2002 1:50 pm

Donnamira immediately fell in love with her room! It was beautiful, the silk bedding, the window seat, the veiw, even the spider that was making it's way across the floor seemed to belong. Donnamira walked over and killed the spider, she hated to do it, but she had hated spiders ever since her run-in with the spiders in Mirkwood! <i> Oh, Aaron, I wish you could be here with me. Is your stay in the Halls of Mandos satisfactry? Do you miss us? We miss you a whole bunch</i>, she sighed to herself, as she walked back to the bed where her luggage was.<BR><BR>She unpacked her bags, and realized she hadn't expected a ballroom. She didn't bring anything suitable, indeed, she didn't even have anything suitable for a ballroom at home! She decided that she had better go find Ori, and see if she had anything that Donna could wear.
samwise_gamgee_is_rad
Rider of the Mark

Postby orliesmyhusband » Wed Jul 03, 2002 7:10 pm

Oricon was standing at the window, her arms wrapped around herself. She had changed into a magnificent gown that changed from white to silver depending on the way the lights ray touched it. A shawl hung loosely about her elbows, made of fine silk with the same silver coloring. Her eyes were closed shut, as if she were in a deep trance of thought, her lips barely parted she thrust her head into the wind letting it embrace her like the wind of Mirkwoods canopy. <BR><BR>She was pulled from her tranquil state by a humble tapping on her door. She opened her eyes and reluctantly pulled away from the window, shutting the stained glass and looking at the ground. She turned to walk towards her door, placing a hand on the deep cherry colored wood she placed another hand on the brass door handle, craft of men. A sharp turn and she threw the door wide open to a homely Donnamira standing before her. <BR><BR>Yes? She asked, her voice sounding soothing and deep. Donna lifted her gaze and stood almost transfixed by Oricon's fathomless penetrating eyes. I was just wondering if you had a ballroom dress for me to borrow, she said her eyes sweeping Oricons dress which was white from the dim light in the hall. <BR><BR>Alright come in, she said smiling and motioning with her hands in an inviting motion. Come come come, stand here she said ushering her to stand before the vanity, she began to circle her, looking her up and down, silent hmmm's and ahh issued from her mouth. I've got it she said smiling and gracefully walking over to her closet. She glanced behind her shoulder, a smile sweeping her face. She turned around, the most beautiful dress of the prettiest hue of blue was draped on her slim frame. <BR><BR>How about this? She asked hastily helping Donna step into the magnificent garments. Marvelous! She said slapping her hands together in a satisifed clap. The dark blue dress resembeled the sea, the folds of the fabric falling to the ground like the waves. Tight about her waist and gently sloping neckline, completed by tightfitting sleeves that sported a point that just barely rested upon her hands middle finger. <BR><BR>Now sit, she said pulling up a chair, she softly began to comb her long locks, gently twisting here and pinning there. The end product was a very beautiful Donnamira, Her hair was pinned up in the back, a few loose whisps hanging down and just barely touching her neck, two large clumps of strands fell down in front of her ears. Now for the finishing touches, said Oricon reaching down and pulling out a beautiful silver and jeweled hair pin. It was of a beautiufl flower, probably lotus, each segment represented by a new shade of blue. <BR><BR>Stand up take a look at yourself she said smiling and leading her firmly by the shoulders to a mirror that touched the ground. She laughed as an astonished Donna grasped the dress delicately, turning this way and that.<BR><BR>
orliesmyhusband
Ranger of the North

Postby samwise_gamgee_is_rad » Thu Jul 04, 2002 3:15 pm

Donnamira was shocked by the change that Ori had wrought! <i> Oh, Ori, thank you very much! I had no idea that anyone could ever bring such a change about! </i>Donnamira said as she twirled around in front of Ori, <i> I wish Aaron could see me now, or even my children! They'd be shocked! </i> Donnamira said, <i> But now I can't take a nap! What should I do till 7?</i>Donnamira asked Ori. <i> Should I go get CArwen and Mith? </i><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>----------<BR>Donnamira, mother of 4, widow of Aaron, current resident of The Cove (RP), Human of THE FISH "Gandalf Frodo Samwise Proudfoot The First", and roomate of THE AFLAC DUCK *Af waves a wing*!
samwise_gamgee_is_rad
Rider of the Mark

Postby orliesmyhusband » Fri Jul 05, 2002 9:10 am

<BR>Oricon smiled, Arwen and Mithrandir I believe are already prepared for the feast. She turned, sadly peering out the window at the horizon over the water. It worries me that another ship load did not arrive. It is such a lovely place and I am puzzled.. She trailed off but did not want to ruin her guests happy mood. We'll shall we go and find Mithrandir and Arwen or not? She said laughing and inviting Donnamira out. She lightly closed the door behind her, blowing out the lantern by her door, signaling that she was not inside. <BR><BR>They walked down the hall, the patterned carpet barely giving under her light elven feet. She walked close to the wall, placing her hand on it, feeling the raised vines painted on the walls. It did feel like home to her. They reached Arwens room, she gently rapped on the door and Arwen's tranquil face peered out at them from the crack in the door, ready to go to the ball room and then feast? she asked smiling friendly as she opened the door further seeing it was only her. <BR><BR>Now we must get Mithrandir she said hastily walking off in the direction of his room, she knocked lightly on his door, she would not want to disturb him if he were in a sort of trance. His young smiling face appeared in the door way, I'm ready he said stepping out. Ah I see you have your fine robes on today, said Oricon her eyes sweeping over him. He grinned sheepishly, are we going or not? <BR><BR>Oricon led them down a long hall, door lined the corridor. Rather suddenly they came upon one that looked less similar than the others. She placed a hand on the golden handle and pushed triumphantly throwing open the door. Cheers and clapped echoed off of the marble walls as the good elves who protected the resort stood and welcomed the guests. Go ahead! Said Oricon giving a reluctant Donnamira a push through the door. The clapping intensified as they took their seats with the other guests at the many tables. In the middle of the room was a large dance floor, the sides were lined with several small tables and chairs so that people could sit and have a chat between songs.<BR><BR>Oricon watched as Donnamira sat down and began to engage in conversation with one of the other female guests at The Cove. You next Arwen! She said smiling as the walked through the door, dumbstruck by the ballrooms beauty, she smiled and curtised to the clapping "staff" and took her seat next to Donna. <BR><BR>Us now, she said, turning to Mithrandir as he bowed and linked her arm in his, she they entered a huge smile swept her face, it was just as lovely as her ball room at home. Her feet made barely a noise on the hard floor. Vines and leaves hung from the magnificent ceiling and small lanterns dotted the walls, giving the room a tranquil romantic vibe. Oricon and Mithrandir walked down the floor, waving and laughing, then took their seats at the head of the ball room, their chairs loomed over the others, and were placed behind two podiums. <BR><BR>Oricon smiled as Mith pulled out her chair for her, thank you she said sitting down and gazing over the room. Mithrandir made a motion for the clapping to cease and for all to sit. He took a seat and Oricon stood so that her voice would travel further. <BR><BR>Thank you all for coming, she said turning toward the guest tables and nodding her head. I would just like to thank you all for helping me create such a wonderful place, for some people a place where they can just relax is like a healing spirit. I commend you in your efforts to protect the lands and for keeping us safe from harm, she said as the room filled with applause for the warriors. The Cove is modeled after Mirkwood, that being the place I live. I hope you all are enjoying yourselves,I know I am, I look foreward to spending some time with you all here at The Cove. Oh enough talking from me she said a few chuckles rose from the crowd. Let the feasting begin! <BR><BR>Suddenly elves burst into the room from doors positioned on either side of Oricon and Mithrandir's chairs, their faces solmen and calm. They were all carrying large trays of steaming hot food, wonderful smells lifted into the air and were carried out of the large open windows that decorated the hall. The trays were set down and, like clockwork, all the elves bowed and took their leave of the room, Oricon thanked them as they passed.
orliesmyhusband
Ranger of the North

Postby Rhudriél » Fri Jul 05, 2002 9:46 am

<i>While sitting on the sand of the beach, CArwen thought she could hear music and laughter. Curious, she walked slowly over to the main building and looked in through the window. A feast! An occasion to meet people, maybe make a few friends. <BR>She picked her scarf off the sand and run inside, to look for her room. After a couple of minutes of running blidnly through the corridors in bare feet, they were killing her and she decided to ask for help. <BR><BR>She scurried down the stairs, taking care not to fall, but in her haste, tripping anyway. She made her way to the front desk and was greeted by a pretty female elf. </i><BR>"Hello, may I help you?"<BR>" Er yes, I appear to have forgotten where my room is." <i> She would have blushed but her complexion forbid her. She showed the receptionist her key, who then said, </i><BR>"Up those stairs, first room on the right. "<BR>"Thankyou very much!" <BR><i> Now with some idea of where she was going, CArwen ran up the stairs to her room. She found her trunk, and rifled through the many layers of clothing to find one of her favourite dresses. It was black velvet and had a slightly full skirt, and a draped neckline. Quickly, she changed and put on khezed-mir to go with it. Unfortunately, it didn't go, so she shoved it into a hidden pocket she had had put in all of her outfits and instead, put on a silver and onyx necklace. <BR>Still very short of time, she left her hair as it was, but took it out of it's plait and added some "diamond" earrings. <BR>After a quick look in the mirror, she dashed out of the door. <BR>Half-way down the stairs, she realised she was missing one thing. Shoes!<BR>She ran back up the stairs and into her room, slipped on a pair of black high heels and prayed she hadn't forgotten anything else. <BR><BR>One minute later, she entered the hall, looking only slightly dishevelled. Eru knows what they must have thought she was doing!<BR>A thousand smells and sights hit her, she didn't know where to go first...
Rhudriél
Citizen of Imladris

Postby orliesmyhusband » Fri Jul 05, 2002 10:23 am

Oricon sat at the high table. Mithrandir was silently (dieing lol jk) chewing next to her. She was done eating and was now studying the faces of her guests. They all looked so happy to be here and she was glad she had a part in thier contentness. As her gaze swept over the tables it suddnely stopped and she focused on CArwen. She looked to confused and lost. Have I forgotten something? she asked herself aloud, Mithrandir looked over at her warily and continued eating. Excuse me she said patting him on the arm and standing up. <BR><BR>She took each winding step one at a time, not that there were many but care was needed in a dress such as the one she was wearing. Two elf lads grabbed her hands and helped steady her, she smiled and thanked them both and preceeded to walk over to CArwen, a low din reverberated off of the walls. She looked out the window, it was dark now and the moon shone in one of the staind glass windows, splashing magnificently on the middle of the ballroom floor. <BR><BR>Her dress rippled behind her as she walked from table to table, some guests held a cheers in her honor, the tink of glasses touching reminded her of the many Inn's she had visited in places such as Gondor and Hobbiton. <BR><BR>CArwen, she said approaching her and Donnamira's table. Are you uncomfortable dear? she asked, her eyebrows frowning with the thought. She placed one hand in the other, nervously fumbling with them. Is there anything I can get you? She asked, hoping that in some way she could ease her tension.<BR><BR>And Donnamira, what about you? Are you doing well? Do you like the room? She asked only wishing to help her guests. The others around them began to chat amongst themselves, once in a while their eyes would dart over and Oricon knew they were staring. She became even more nervous as she felt eyes on her, but from where? she was used to an audience? So why would she be nervous?
orliesmyhusband
Ranger of the North

Postby Crystal_Arwen » Fri Jul 05, 2002 10:33 am

No, Oricon, this is great!<BR><i> As she took another gulp of wine she noticed people were staring. Who? Why? She became paranoid and started fiddling with her hair. Was it her? Was that a good thing? She tied her hands in a knot and then pushed them under the table. </i><BR>You look lovely, and who is this with you?<BR><i> She pointed at Mith on the high table. Oricon was lucky to have such a handsome man always available! She hushed these thoughts from her mind again and said</i><BR>What inspired you to create this place? It's such a haven, the other Inns are sooo frantic....<BR><i> She raised her glass.</i><BR>Maybe someone should propose a toast....<BR><i> She looked meaningfully at Oricon and Donna. Certainly not her, she didn't want any more unwanted attention, well not at least from he girls, the men, that was another matter....</i><BR>
Crystal_Arwen
Ranger of the North

Postby orliesmyhusband » Fri Jul 05, 2002 10:52 am

Oricon smiled, he is Mithrandir, son of Mithrandir or Gandalf the Grey in the common speech. She smiled and looked up at him, as he had become suspicious, the whole table was staring up at him. Yes I love him dearly she said pointing to the golden amulet that clashed horribly with her silver dress but she wore it anyway. He made me this for helping him in battle. He is a man of magic, just like his father, she said sighing and looking away from him. His grey eyes brushed over the ball room and then moved back to his plate. <BR><BR>As for the resort, she said laughing and looking around, it was mere chance. Mithrandir and I were on a boat, on a quest for my Lord Thranduil when a storm took our boat hostige and drug us out to sea. Suddenly we woke up one morning and we were on a beach, with lovely white sands and beautiufl swaying palm trees, we just had to come back and share it with others! And what better way to do that then to create a resort. Quite frankly I would love to stay here, but I am afraid I would dearly miss Mirkwood, as well as my family there. I'm sure Thranduil misses my rebellious voice, standing out on his council she said with a chuckle. <BR><BR>Well are we enjoying ourselves? Good! She said turning sharply as her dress swirled around in a dazzling motion. She made a signal to Mith and then turned towards the door and walked out into the middle of the floor. She raised her arms and spoke, loud and clear but still melodious and deep. I would like to announce that we are to have some live entertainment here tonight. Please put your hands together for our lovely band of elves. She turned as three elves came out of the doors by the High Table. They all walked up and hugged Oricon, obviously knowing her,she bowed to them and they began to play. <BR><BR>One was gently blowing on a wooden flute that sounded more lovely than the waves outside. The notes seemed to float about the room and carried for an exceptional distance, the other one began to sing, his voice ethereal and mysterious. The third began to play on an instrument that sounded strangely like a citar( like in Lorien) Oricon joined in, their voices low and soft, they sang in the deep elvish of the High Elves, it almost sounded like a Lament but for the elvish speakers they knew it was passion. They were singing their love of Middle Earth. Their love of the woods and their love of The Cove. All who listened were mystified.<BR><BR>As she began to sing, the strange feeling she had felt at the table only visited her breifly. She looked over between breaths and saw that CArwen was once again at ease, she nodded to her and continued to sing. Mithrandir listened intently, leaning on his hand as an elf from the kitchen took his plate he looked up almost startled and thanked him.
orliesmyhusband
Ranger of the North

Postby Mithrandir2002 » Sat Jul 06, 2002 9:56 am

As the song finished and everyone clapped, Mith slowly got to his feet. He walked over to an elf seemed to have nothing to do and whispered something in his ear. As the elf ran off, he turned his attention back to the stage. He then walked up to Oricon. "I hoped you would sing," he ginned, "How about a duet?"<BR> The elf he had sent away soon came hurrying back with a leather case. Mith thanked him and bade him watch and listen a while. From the case Mith produced a wooden instrument, like to a guitar. It had seven strings. And instead of frets, it had blocks of wood thin and thick raging from an inch to only a few millimeters, holdin the strings at different hights. The bowl was decorated with silver stars and golden mallorn leaves. Mith nodded to Oricon and began to strum. As he did so the audience sat back in their chairs and were content, for the music was that of the Quenya, the most beautiful in Arda.<BR> Then Oricon's voice came floating over them, beautiful like a spring day in the forrest, of animals running free, of morning dew. And so she sang the song of the high elves, and her true beauty was revealed to all as she sang.<BR><BR><i>Ai! laurie lantar lassi súrien,<BR>yéni únotime ve rámar aldaron!<BR>Yéni ve linte yuldar avánier<BR>mi orodmardi lisse-miruvoreva<BR>Andúne pella, Vardo tellumar<BR>nu luini yassen tintilar i eleni<BR>omaryo airentári-lírien.</i><BR><BR>When the song was over everyone clapped, and Oricon blushing got to her feet and bowed.
Mithrandir2002
Shield Bearer

Postby orliesmyhusband » Sat Jul 06, 2002 9:50 pm

Oricon returned to her seat at the High Table. She blushed furiously as Mithrandir joined her and began to comliment her on the song. Another plate of food was brought out for each and the talking soon ceased. She began to push her food around her plate with her silver fork. Mithrandir hurridly finished and Oricon could feel his eyes resting on her. You want something? She asked, rather perkily but not mean. He looked at the ground and said nothing. <BR><BR>Would you like to escort me down? She asked placing her silverware down with a clink and letting him take her hand. He led her down the spiral staircase and they walked across the floor. No one seemed to notice them until her caught her in a magnificent spin. Her dress belled out and change into a most violent color of silver. Her slendour hands grasped in his she let him lead her around the marble floor. <BR><BR>Oricon looked over his shoulder as the guests began to meander their way onto the floor. Good this is what she wanted, guest interaction.
orliesmyhusband
Ranger of the North

Postby orliesmyhusband » Sun Jul 07, 2002 5:25 pm

So what your leaving us permanently? Oh great...... <BR><BR>Oricon stared at Mithrandir and nodded her head slightly to the left. He looked over as couples started to flood onto the floor. I think we can leave now, she said taking her hand off of his shoulder as he dropped her left hand out of his right. Oricon walked toward the door and looked behind her, seeing if he were to accompany her. She smiled, seeing that he was coming.<BR><BR>She stepped out into the hall, Mith shut the door behind him drowing out the beautiful music. Looks like the first night is a sucess she said smiling and pushing open a door that led them outside. A torrent of sounds met her pointed ears, waves, silent bird calls echoed thru the forests. A rustle in the bushes and in the trees above. The moons great light flooded the sandy terrain, making the visibility for an elf almost perfect. She took Mithrandirs hand and led him down a path, her dress seemed to repell the sand grains. <BR><BR>They looked up, not speaking for fear of breaking the beautiful silence and harmony of the night. She turned around and whispered We're almost there, to him, chuckling at his confused expression. They suddenly found themselves at a clearing, visible pools of water spotted the ground. Mithrandir looked at her with a strange expression on his face. Go ahead touch the water, she said an air of sucess about her. <BR><BR>She watched happily as he ventured forth and stuck a finger into the water, pulling it hastily back in surprise. Its warm! He said, the surprise showing in his tone. I know isn't it wonderful? mused Oricon as she lifted up her dress and dantily dipped a toe in. We could use it as therapy for our more stressed guests. She said excitedly beginning to count the number. Theres only four she said lowering her hand and stepping out of the pool, dropping her folds again. But their large, and could easily fit at least 6. <BR><BR>She smiled at him as he looked astonished around. Come on, lets go, we don't want to leave our guests wondering where we are. She lifted up her dress and began to trot up the trail. Suddenly she stopped, her startled gasp filled the air. Mith came dashing wildly up behind her, what is it? He said grabbing her arm and twisting her around to see if she was hurt. Look there, she said pointing at a large indentation in the sand. What is it? He said straightening up and casting her a skeptical look. <BR><BR>Its a paw print, she said shakily, a huge pawprint. Looks like some sort of dog... Mithrandir got closer and looked, gently brushing away a few concealing leaves. Thats a pretty big dog alright, he said standing up and wiping the sand from his knees. Oricon glared at it. Mith looked at her in a caring way, but what gets me is your never afraid of animals yet this one seems to strike fear in your heart. Oricons expression looked indignant. I am not afraid for myself, simply for my guests.
orliesmyhusband
Ranger of the North

Postby Mithrandir2002 » Sun Jul 07, 2002 11:36 pm

"Well, from what i can guess, this print was made roughly 10mins after we passed this place, and it's heading back the way we came." <i>He broke off.</i> "Darvitt!" <i>He swore (There is no point translating it as it will need censored).</i> "The guests!" <BR><i>He and Oricon dashed back to the cove, and up the stairs taking them 3 at a time. As thy passed it Mith dived into his room, Oricon just behind. It was a mess. While Mith was hunting for his staff (he knew he'd left it somewhere). He told Oricon to get the guests into their rooms. As she went he realised he was afraid. Why? Then he realised, Oricon was afraid! Of an animal! This dog must be terrible.</i><i> He swore again. </i>
Mithrandir2002
Shield Bearer

Postby orliesmyhusband » Mon Jul 08, 2002 7:49 pm

Oricon came dashing back into the Ballroom. Everyone looked up as she entered, her hair astray and out of breath. The music stopped and all the happy couples stopped dancing. She walked in, lifting her dress above her sand covered feet. I have an announcement to make, she said trying to make her voice as calm as possible. I need everyone to go back to their lodgings. She gave no reason and that made people suspicious. CArwen cast her an anxious glance and she stared back at her, a warning look... <BR><BR>They all flooded out of the halls as Oricon headed them off, a huge fake meaningless smile flooding her face. They all walked into their rooms and she ran to hers, changing into a tunic and tight fitting deep green pants and shirt. She picked up her quiver that she had concealed for safekeeping and picked up her elvish bow, the string of the hair of Thranduils own steed. She kissed it lightly as a praise to Mirkwood. Walking over to her mirror she picked up a ribbon and tied her hair in a neat bun. She dashed off to find Mithrandir. <BR><BR>Shall we go hunt this thing down? She asked between breaths. Mithrandir nodded, I think we should. She sighed, not wanting to kill an animal but for great need. She spoke reluctantly for the only words came in racking sighs. Alright c'mon she said slinging her quiver around her shoulder and dashing down the hall. Thankfully no one asked any questions she said turning around breify to say this to Mithrandir. Good he said running ahead of her and pushing open the door. <BR><BR>They were met with the same noises as before, but this time they seemed less tranquil, like they were disturbed by some evil. Lets stick together said Oricon casting a look back towards the resort and dashing into the woods, readying her bow at the slightest sound. <BR><BR>She and Mith tramped through the underbrush, lifting her legs high to avoid the lowlying vines and brambles. A monkey called through the forest, calling out to his close knit family unit. This way, said Oricon stooping momentarily where moonlight burst through a break in the canopy. She saw a large foot print and picked up the grains, grinding them between her fingers as if trying to pick up some sort of information about their maker.
orliesmyhusband
Ranger of the North

Postby Running-Deer » Mon Jul 08, 2002 8:12 pm

Please take "In need of people!" out of the title. My reason for asking is this: If you are posting up to the standards of the Pony and following the guidelines, AND if this interests people, they will join in the writing! Asking them to join or having it in the title kinda turns people off. <BR><BR>If you are writing well, people's interest will be piqued and they will join. If you don't write well (short posts or the storyline isn't that interesting to others or there is little information to build upon in your post) people are not going to join NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO. <BR><BR>Check out the links in my signature line.
Running-Deer
Mariner

Postby ThreadStalker » Mon Jul 08, 2002 9:13 pm

Running Deer is right Such pathetic pleas are poison and any decent RPer will run a mile from any thread with one in the title
ThreadStalker
Ranger of the North

Postby Mithrandir2002 » Tue Jul 09, 2002 10:26 am

The Hunt was up! Just like the old days in Lindon. Mith dropped to the ground, motioning for Oricon to do likewise. As they crawled along the ground, flat to avoid the underbush they confered in whispers.<BR><BR>Mith discovered that Oricon had seen those prints before. Before they had met, prior to te fourth alliance, she had been in many wars, through countless lives of men. Mith new this, but still it shocked him, he saw many elves, but they did age, Oricon looked nothing passed 50 (for elves, they age slower). But in one of the many battles of Mirkwood, her home, Oricon had come face to face with one of these monsters, and she was still afraid...
Mithrandir2002
Shield Bearer

Postby orliesmyhusband » Tue Jul 09, 2002 3:06 pm

Oricon and Mith crawled along the ground, he had made several assumptions about her past that she was staggered to announce were true. Bow in one hand and dragging her quiver in the other she ducked under a low hanging branch, suddenly, with a little scream, finding herself plunging into waist deep water. She turned around and gave Mithrandir the sign, turning back and holding her arms in the air so as not to get her weapons wet. <BR><BR>They waded through the brackish water; Oricon stared at the surface, almost looking for the faces of the Dead and their lighted candles…. swiftly her feet hit gently sloping ground and they could dimly see that the bank was drawing near. Her moccasined feet dug into the soft silt, hoping dearly for more speed and accuracy. She got out and helped Mithrandir to his feet, flinging her quiver around her shoulder and running off once more, the vegetation was becoming less thick here, they must be further inland… For many leagues it seemed they walked, trudging through vines and digging through topsoil. <BR><BR>Finally they reached a clearing, she stooped low and found a track, and shuddering with fear she looked about, speculating why an evil intuition was reaching her here. Mithrandir bent beside her, placing his hand on her back as her head curved this way and that. “What is it Oricon” he whispered, thinning his eyes and glaring into the bushes close by. “I don’t know,” she whispered back, she ran her hand along the ground and felt the ridges of the sandy dirt. A rustle in the bushes caught her attention, her pointed ear twitched, picking up every movement and sound. There, she mouthed to Mith, pointing and slowly rising to her feet and stepping frivolously on the soil. <BR><BR>Pushing back a little of the underbrush she gasped and clamped her hand over her mouth to drown out the noise. There she could see was a huge dog, pointed ears, black as night. One huge clawed paw draped over a large bone, immense fangs compressing down on the bone, saliva dripping from its mouth. The clouds moved away and she could see him clearly now, Mithrandir came up behind her and stared at the animal, now in full view. His huge head swaying left and right, wary of everything and anything. A long tail swished at the air, fraying slightly at the end. Its ear began to twitch and it lifted its head slowly, its dark eyes staring directly at the pair. A red flame of malice burned in them. Oricon slowly raised her bow, reaching back and removing an arrow from its sheath. <BR><BR>She lifted it slowly, squinting her eye, trying to avoid the dog’s gaze, aiming slightly above its head. She hesitated, her hands shaking with fear, a bead of salty sweat rolled down her face. As if of quick desicion she suddenly let the arrow fly, embedding itself in the dogs back. A yelp echoed and it fell steadily to the ground. Mithrandir looked at her in amazement, “you missed!” He said eyes widening, “No I hit exactly what I wanted to…” She said stepping foreword into the stare of the moon. She knelt beside the fallen animal, putting an ear dangerously close to its mouth; it let out a great sigh and growled through clenched teeth. Mith stepped in too and looked at it, he pulled out the arrow and looked at the tip, taking a feel of the tip. “Poison” he said to himself smirking at Oricon’s thoughtfulness. <BR><BR>“Yes,” she said stepping over its legs and placing a hand on its chest. “We’re going to keep it in the basement of The Cove, she said looking at him plaintively. “Help me lift him” She commanded, slipping her hands under his heavy body. No sooner had they tranquilized it had they found themselves back home, they took a back way in to avoid any suspicious stares and soon were staring, with satisfied looks upon their faces, at a huge black dog, seemingly in deep slumber, soon to awaken to his first taste of the world behind bars. ( lol sounds like a convict….. that HAS GOT TO BE the most I’ve EVER written! ) <BR>
orliesmyhusband
Ranger of the North

Postby Llinos » Thu Jul 11, 2002 2:32 am

The maiden Llinos had sat silently before, throughout the Feast she'd watched the story unveiling before her between two of the guests, she hadn't known anyone at the banguet, and so had sat silent and alone throughout, she kept askign herself why she'd bothered coming and everytime a niggling part of her brain replied 'because you said you felt you had to!' and she nodded her head, long hair falling across he face agreeing with herself only to ask that very same question a few minutes later and recieve the same answer..<BR><BR>Anyway, she had seen the two leave quite mysteriously and hear the rumour of the great beast that Ravaged the island, though she had nto been present to see it...And so it was she rose from her seat nodded her head and smiled to all those guests left who seemed to knwo her though she herself could not put a name to their faces and silenlty left the hall.<BR><BR>Once outside it didn't take her keen elf eyes long to pic up the tracks of the two and the beast, she followed them across the terra, her elvish cloak keeping her concealed to all prying eyes until she came top a clearing where she heard hushed voices, hoarse and crude. Her mind told her these where not the ones she seeked but she couldn't resist creeping up for a closer look....<BR><BR>To her horror she saw before her in a clearing amoung tall swaying trees a pack of 15 or so Wolf beasts, with hatred flowing through their souls and their eyes burning with anger, it was all she could not to stay silent, her heart was pounding and she threw her hand across afraid they might hear the thumping. But their ears were to no prevail compared with hers that keenly picked up their conversation...<BR><BR>Moments later she was running along the track again, moving liek the wind and yet a whisper. She came to the cove, and was astonished to see the tracks go in, she wandered into the darkness and was stubified. Where had they gone she thought?<BR><BR>"Hello? Hello?! Quick I must speak with you! I mean no harm!"
Llinos
Ranger of the North

Postby orliesmyhusband » Thu Jul 11, 2002 1:26 pm

Oricon's eyes pierced the darkness, who's there? She asked impatiently stalking into the gloom. Suddenly she thought she saw a movement and angrily moved foreward, grabbing what looked like a very feminine hand. She hastily forced the person out of the darkness, Mithrandir's piercing gaze penetrated her eyes. Who are you and what are you doing here? Oricon said helping the girl to her feet. She sounded nervous as her voice wavered with every word: My name is Llinos, she said squinting in the light of a lantern that Oricon suddenly lit. <BR><BR>Oricon dropped her hand and stared at her, open mouthed. No, she said beginning to circle her like a cat about to pounce. You are Llinos? She asked her voice rising slightly. Why did I not recognize you then? She asked apologetically. Llinos smiled and forgave her hastily. You said you needed to tell us something? She said, trying to get the thoughts off of her. Yes said Llinos, sudden terror coming to her face. There are wild beasts running rampant on the island. Her face became quickly expressionless as Oricon backed down and she saw before her the full terror of the creatures. <BR><BR>They are called Ulkahaun, or Evil hound in your tounge. She looked over at the cage, her eyes narrowing in a tasteless glare. It was pacing about in its cage, turning this way and that, they could see every muscle outlined by the black skin and fur. It growled sinisterly. As Oricon stared at it it began to stare back, suddenly her expression changed, she began to break out in a sweat and her face became one of sorrow and pain. Mithrandir ran over to her, what is it? He said taking his hand and pressing it to her face. Llinos backed against the wall in fright. <BR><BR>Mithrandir looked wildly about. Oricon, in a trance like state, her eyes became wide and unseeing. A rasping voice floated about in her head.<BR>I am the one you seek oh yes. It said then laughing menacingly. Ah yes I am, but there are many more. By my own kind I am called Barut, it said with a growl. You elves and humans are all the same, you may have caught me but you will never catch the others! He shouted. <BR><BR>Oricon let out a small scream and fell to the floor, snapping her out of the trance. She awoke to a worrid Mithrandir and Llinos leaning over her, Mithrandir had a paper fan in his hand, she was now against the wall. Llinos broke the awkward silence, What was that? She whispered, her face clouding with worry and concern. Oricon looked past her and Mith and stared at the Ulkahaun and spoke in a low trembling voice. Our hound friend knows telepathy, she said staring up at the pair, it said it's name was Barut........
orliesmyhusband
Ranger of the North

Postby Thorongíl_Telecontar » Tue Jun 03, 2003 9:45 am

Mith was puzzled, he stood staring at oricon for a long time, before finally breaking his glance away. He was tired, tired like he'd never been before in his life, and he wanted to go back to the cove. He dropped the fan and hugged his friend, "we were worried about you"<BR><BR>The four of them walked slowly along the beach, mith and llinos conversing in hushed tones, he presumed ori was talking with the hound. Mith shot a glance at the healer, but quickly looked away. There was more to Oricon than meets the eye.
Thorongíl_Telecontar
Ranger of the North

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)